THE MAFIA'S LAWYER |βœ”οΈ

By Alhexandria22

COMPLETE!!! Karmale leads a life of her own convinience. No commands. Away from family and close to a few fri... More

Author's Note!
β˜†1β˜† A bad headache...
β˜†2β˜† Bitchy Boss & lovely best friends
β˜† 3β˜† blackmail, defiance & taming
β˜†4β˜† grandma Miley
β˜†5β˜† force+defiance
β˜†6β˜† Black Blood Pool
β˜†7β˜† success & goodbyes
β˜†8β˜† Bears
β˜†9β˜† winter holidays
β˜†10β˜† #philophobia
β˜†11β˜† Food fights
β˜†12β˜† Christmas kisses
β˜†13β˜† family dinner; detested guest
β˜†14β˜† New Years
β˜†15β˜† Advice and Court Sessions
β˜†17β˜† Street Racers & Demons
β˜†17β˜† Daddy in The protective role #baby
β˜†18β˜† glass not milk
β˜†19β˜† friends,protection & trust building
β˜†20β˜† The forehead kiss
β˜†21β˜† Ryxel's other family
β˜†22β˜† Oppressed
β˜†23β˜† A compromise
β˜†25β˜† Work again
β˜†26β˜† late returns...
β˜†27β˜† Family is never toxic
β˜†28β˜† A little help wouldn't...
β˜†29β˜† Kitten
β˜†30β˜† Trouble with the names!
β˜†31β˜† new keepers, foods and languages
β˜†32β˜† secretive best friends
β˜†33β˜† vanilla
β˜†34β˜†birthday & reunion celebrations
β˜†35β˜† Vixen- Devil
β˜†36β˜†Back home
β˜†37β˜† Flatter me till I shutter!
β˜†38β˜† safe place
β˜†39β˜† Who was she?
β˜†40β˜† Treacherous bitch
β˜†41β˜† drunk buddies (The Mafia's Lawyer)
β˜†42β˜† a dirty game of touching #philophobia
β˜†43β˜† bad at love
β˜†44β˜† unavailable
β˜†45β˜† Liam and Karmale!
β˜†46β˜† the devil doesn't want you!
β˜†47β˜† the agreement against betrayal
β˜†48β˜† Blinding lights~ final chapter!

β˜†24β˜† A visitor for the bored lass at home

594 24 2
By Alhexandria22

"Miss, you have a visitor."

"What? Really? Who is it? Did Ryxel allow anyone come to this place? I mean it's more like a hideout of his so how can he just... Impossible. Please don't lie to me Diana." She eagerly searched her acquaintance's eyes.

"Am not lying, ma'am"

" Who is it then? Tell me Diana!" She impatiently demanded.

"Don't you want to see for yourself, dear?" A humble, amicable but tired voice asked.

Caramel heard it and her eyes diverted from her maid to the plump elderly lady who stood holding various bags that Karmale instantly recognised as hers. Tears immediately ran down her face past her now pinkish nose.

"Mummy! Oh my God!" She ran slightly knocking Diana but she didn't even realize that. She was too engrossed in her visitor's presence.

"Oh my God! Are you real?" She inquired and touched her as if doubting her presence. Her fingers traced her face, shoulders and then face again.

"You are real? You are real right? Tell me you are real!" She screamed in elation an ear to ear smile curving on her lips. In between the wide smile was a slight chuckle of excess joy.

"Yes, dear. I am real." The woman cried tears of joy and comfort escaping from the corners of her wrinkled eyes.

"Aww, Mrs. Hart. How did you get here? The security here is so tight. Does Ryxel know you are here? I don't want him acting in a course of fury when he knows you passed by. And if he knows then I am happy and surprised that for a change he let me have some company besides the darkness of his house. Does he know you're here, mummy?"

"Oh, this inquisitive lawyer of mine."

"No, mummy. I would never interrogate my mother if she doesn't like it." Karmale defensively spoke but Mrs. Hart just dismissed it with a light laugh.

"You look well taken of, Karmale." Mrs. Hart said rubbing on her cheeks and feeling her face.

Karmale was like a daughter to her. It was in fact something mutual. She too regarded her as a mother. The two ladies loved each other like it was blood that bound them. She had not only been her house help but also a person much closer than even her birth mother. Just seeing her today was enough to wash away all her sorrows. Karmale had come to a compromise with Ryxel but that didn't mean she would forget her people. She terribly missed them. That void in her heart because of there absence often rendered her lonely and undoubtedly bored. In the past one month she had asked Ryxel to let her visit Ella who apparently had returned from Jamaica and Mrs. Hart but Ryxel turned her request down. She tried the vice versa.

"Ryxel, why don't they then come here if I can't go out? After all, I am the target, not them."

"Caramel, that's twice risky. If anyone sees them coming down this side, that may jeopardize our security here. Someone may follow them all the way to our place and that would mean danger. I hope you understand."

"Ryxel, please. I really miss Mrs. Hart and my best friend."

"But you have me, am your friend, ain't I?"

"Yes, you're but-"

"But what, Caramel?"

"You are not a girl, Ryxel!" She chuckled.

"What's the difference, Caramel? Am still your friend!" He chuckled back.

"You don't wear skirts and dresses. That's the difference, Mr. Ryxel!" She laughed and he joined in.

They both had a good laugh.

Then eventually their conversation would turn to other directions and that way Ryxel would get rid of her loneliness. He would involve her in a lot of talking just like Ella would do if she was present. Slowly by slowly she would forget what she had asked for and they would move on to living their life without other people involved. Just Ryxel and Caramel. No Mrs. Hart. No Ella. But the moment he left her all by herself, especially during day, then she would miss them with sudden freshness. So seeing Mrs. Hart here was questionable.

"Yes, mummy. The people here don't let me miss any meal." Caramel turned and smiled at Diana who had been silently watching them in awe and admiration. Something watery would be seen at the corner of her eyes. She was crying.

"I can see." Mrs. Hart affectionately smiled at her daughter and then at Diana who smiled back and left for the kitchen to get them something to eat. The tears that she had held at the corners of her eyes eventually fell.

"What now, mummy? Don't cry. You will make me cry as well." Caramel pouted and with her hands she cleaned the elder woman's tears and Mrs. Hart did the same for her.

"Am just happy that you are healthy and okay, Karmale. You know when you where with me, you weren't even glowing like you are now."

"Aww, mummy. Come on. We both know that your care is way more effective."

"Stop the flatter, dear. It's true, you look more beautiful than before. These people must love you a lot."

"And I love you." Caramel naughtily said to Mrs. Hart and hugged her.

"You naughty girl." She said and hugged her back.

"I knew Ryxel would take proper care of you." She mumbled in her hair.

"What did you say, mummy?" Karmale curiously pulled out of her embrace.

"Yes, I didn't doubt it."

"What do you mean, mummy?" She asked her brows knitted together in confusion.

Diana came in with a wide tray containing a jug of apple juice and two cylindrical glasses.

With her presence, there was an uncomfortable silence that lasted only a few seconds. Karmale noticed at decided to do away with it. She pitched in.

"Thank you, Diana."

"Am happy to be at your service, ma'am."

"Mummy, please let's sit. We gat a lot of catching up to do." Karmale said and lovingly held her hand in hers and helped her sit down in one of the chairs in the sitting room.

Karmale poured juice in one glass and handed it to Mrs. Hart. She then sat at the edge of another chair, eagerly waiting for her visitor to fill her up on what she was missing.

"Karmale am sorry." Mrs. Hart apologized and placed the glass of juice down.

"For what, mummy?"

"For not telling you before but trust me there is no way I would have even if I wanted to."

"I know that, mummy. I know and I understand. And you know what? I missed you so much that I cannot get mad at you. So, just start already." Karmale consoled her with a brief smile.

"Thank you." Mrs. Hart said and dearly pressed her palm that Karmale had placed on her thigh. Karmale smiled back.

"Am sorry, dear."

"Mummy, it's really okay. Just start. What do you know that I don't?"

"Not only do I know but also Ryxel's does."

"It's okay. Fill me up! Girl's time! I want the gossip! All of it!" Karmale said with a hint of excitement mixed with worry in her speech. The worry more dominant because no one knew better than her that nothing about Ryxel can be mere gossip. It's definitely something way more intense than just plain gossip.

"Sure." Mrs. Hart said and Karmale shot her an impatient look. Her body was tense and her heart unsettled. What was it that her mother figure had to say?

"Karmale, that day when you came back from office and you were kidnapped-" she started but suddenly came to a stop causing tension in between.

"Yes, carry on mummy." She worriedly smiled.

"That evening, I was at your apartment when four armed men walked in. They didn't just walk in. They forced there way in."

Karmale's eyes widened in horror.

"Don't worry, dear. They didn't hurt me cause at the moment, I was in the kitchen. I only heard the door open with a crack as if it had been broken."

"Oh, mummy!"

FLASHBACK

(Mrs. Hart's POV)

I entered Karmale's apartment and straight away started with the tidying up in the kitchen only to hear a cracking sound from the door. I expected it to be my dear daughter but when I had a male voice, I froze in fear.

"Go find her!" A husky and unfriendly voice growled.

The owner of the voice must have been extremely angry. But with whom cause my little princess barely has any enemies. That's when I put her profession into account. She was a lawyer so perhaps some unsatisfied victims who may have thought her court justifications unfair to them. Perhaps they didn't favour them so they were seeking revenge.

I knew it that they wanted her at any cost cause the man who was commanding for the search sounded fierce and tough.

"She isn't in the bedroom or anywhere in the house."

"Have you searched the kitchen?"

"No, we'll get to that."

On hearing that, fear wore over me like a blanket. My heart raced really fast. I closed my eyes and recited a silent prayer. I was so scared and given how small the kitchen is, I wouldn't hide anywhere. So I decided to confide in God.

I felt something cold on my skin. My eyes opened only to see shimmering silver rings on gloved hands. My body shook. The male who held my hand was masked up and I couldn't tell who it was.

What suppressed my fear was his gentle grip. He didn't handle me with force or unkindness but I was not going to buy that goodness. So I tried to twitch my wrist out of his hand.

"Relax, Mrs. Hart." I heard the no new at all voice.

It sounded like a similar introduction.

" Call me,Ryxel. Ryxel Grande Black." That was what the voice sounded like.

Nonetheless, I was not sure enough to give in.

"Come with me, Mrs. Hart."

"No, sir. I want stay here and help my Karmale when she gets back from office. I don't want these men to hurt her."

"I also want the same, Mrs. Hart. How about we team up?"

"We are on the same page. So, yes. Same team."

"Thank you but you gat trust me on this one. The people in that living room are not just any type of people. They are assassins. Karmale is their target and there is no way they are going to leave here without her."

"Am ready to follow any plan you have in mind, Ryxel."

"Okay. So, here it is. We are going to move out of here and wait for Karmale from outside. All we have to do is ensure that they don't see her."

"Okay."

"Yeah and when that's done. I want you to call the corpse on them."

"Okay. Okay."

"Sorry for putting you through the trouble, Mrs. Hart. I would have handled them in my own way but I don't want to do anything dirty under Karmale's humble roof."

Since Ryxel was dressed like the other guys, he posed as one of them and distracted them till I got out.

A moment later, he was out with me.

"I told them that she is only going to come home after eight so they will be waiting till then." He informed me.

" That way we'll get Karmale before they see her."

"Yes, Mrs. Hart."

___________________________

"So, Ryxel then kidnapped me. Just like that." Karmale jerked her head from Mrs. Hart's laps and moved a small distance from her body. During the entire narration she had been sitted on the carpet and had placed her head on the elderly woman's laps who was affectionately caressing her soft hair. But before Mrs. Hart could conclude, she had already drawn her own conclusion.

"Yes, dear."

"What! Don't tell me you think he did the right thing? He should have consulted me first. Like these days you don't just traffic someone's child, you ask them. I mean-"

"Calm down, Karmale. You're being naughty and unreasonable."

"No, mummy. You guys didn't think it wise to tell me anything. I was just mercilessly abducted." She pouted in anger.

"Karmale you are drawing to conclusions again. Law has really got you being hasty with your words."

"Mummy, please don't say such things about my profession. You know I love it to death." She looked up at the lady who was sitted above her.

"Am sorry, dear." She apologized and when she was sure that Caramel had forgiven her, she asked, "Can I complete the story?"

"Please." She reluctantly agreed.

"So, then you returned back from work just at the time we had assumed. Seven pm."

She had a brief pause.

"Ryxel, to prevent you from making any noise which would have alerted your assassins, covered your mouth and nose with a handkerchief. I didn't know that it contained chemicals that would render you unconscious. I just saw faint in his arms."

"So, you didn't even bother to ask why he was doing that to your adorable daughter?"

"A minute, Karmale. Am coming to that."

"Okay and I am waiting for you to get to it."

"So, I asked him why he had done that."

"And?"

"Ryxel said, "She's the judgemental and interrogative type. So stubborn and won't just believe what I tell her. Mrs. Hart, this is the best and easiest option. Trust me."

"And you trusted him?"

"Yes, dear."

"Oh, mummy."

"Miss, lunch is ready."

"Am good, Diana. Not hungry at all."

"Bring it forth." Mrs. Hart urged the humble maiden.

Diana laid the table and dished up the food.

Mrs. Hart had to drag Karmale to the table and she was successful. She got her to eat.

"Is this how hard you make it for her?" Mrs. Hart asked Karmale referring to Diana.

"Not really. I eat all my meals without making a fuss. I wouldn't wanna miss. Missing is way costly. I cannot afford it."

"Meaning?" Mrs. Hart worriedly asked.

"Never mind, mummy."

"Okay, give me an 'ah' ." She said and Karmale opened her mouth. She put a chunk of food in her mouth. She had been feeding her with her bare hands just like any mother would do for her weaning child. That's the only way she had Karmale to eat food unlike Ryxel who would parade an entire dining table of food in front of her the next morning, stuff food in her mouth and cause tears in her eyes. That was his way of teaching her how not to miss meals. And she had learned properly. The hard way though.

___________________________

"I'll miss you, mummy." Karmale said and hugged her visitor who was now departing from her presence.

"Can't you stay a while longer? It's like you just got here."

"Oh, dear. I got here at midday. It's now two."

"Yes, mummy and that's not enough." She pouted.

"That's all of the time I was given to see you, dear." She said affectionately embracing the disappointed and unhappy lass.

"But Ryxel. So bossy." She complained.

"Don't be naughty and full of complaints dear. At least be grateful that he let me visit you." She tenderly scolded her.

"Ohkaay." Karmale shrugged.

"That's my beautiful damsel. I'll get going then. Good day, dear."

"Oh, I wanna cry, momi. Bye." Karmale softly said.

"Don't give him a hard time. Behave yourself."

"I can't promise that. Ryxel is so commanding. You know I have a serious addiction to defiance."

"Karmale." She scolded.

"But momi. Ohkaay, I will. But trust me, I have been trying for the last past month but it's-"

She kept quiet and unknowingly something small crept up her face.

"Wow! I love that smile, dear. It's sweet and genuine."

"What?!" She asked almost in shock.

"Who's smiling and why?"

"You dear."

"Huh!"

"Yes, sweetheart. Revise your encounters in this house and all your questions will be sorted. Bye, honey." Mrs. Hart said and bid Karmale farewell.

"Huh!" Karmale asked in deeper confusion.

"Ryxel is a good guy, Karmale."

"Mummy, are you proposing marriage? Don't tell me you want me to marry him?"

"I didn't say that, dear. I was only highlighting his goodness. Bye, Karmale. Let me get going."

"Not until you tell me who is smiling."

"Oh, Karmale. Are you trying to do what I am thinking?" She mischievous glanced at her.

"No am not!" Karmale dryly denied and to appear more serious, she positioned her arms across her chest.

"Oh Karmale. You also had me say that you were the one smiling so when you ask me that question again, I grow suspicious. Are you intending on building up further conversation so that I can stay longer?" Mrs. Hart playfully accused.

"Maybe." Karmale gave in throwing her hands up in the air.

"Oh dear. Ryxel won't like that."

"Yeah. Ryxel the Boss of my life won't like it." Karmale sarcastically spat.

"Don't be like that, dear."

"It's not easy you know. It's not easy mummy." Karmale spoke but her voice highly pitched.

Things were taking an emotional turn cause she didn't seem to realize the increasing volume of her speech. By each word, her voice was being louder and visibly annoyed. Her eyes even began to moisten.

"It's not easy to let someone dictate everything you do. He literally has my life in his hands. He practically makes every decision for Karmale Hale Kane. And the helpless lawyer has to resiliently obey. I hate that I have to obey. I just hate it. I hate that someone has to boss my life around. I can't do anything about it, mummy and that's the worst part about this whole thing." Karmale cried.

"Oh honey. Hold in for a while. Ryxel is doing all this for you. It's in your best interest."

"How, mummy? How? Seriously in which way?" Karmale asked and the other woman having no answer just kept quiet.

Karmale seeing her so down realized that in anger she had let out her frustration on someone who had no blame for the situation.

"I am sorry, Mrs. Hart." She guiltily apologized.

"I am sorry. I guess the only person who has to answer my questions and take into account my complaints is Ryxel." With a certain regret she placed her head in her palms immediately erasing her fallen tears.

"It's okay, Karmale. I didn't take any offence. Just stay safe dear. Please, just listen to Ryxel. Okay?"

"I will. But please tell Ella that I miss her so much." Karmale hugged Mrs. Hart who in return pecked her forehead.

"Sure."

Karmale waved as her retiring guest entered one of Ryxel's cars that had transported her.

"Send my regards to auntie Tess."

"Yes, dear. I will."

__________________________

"Ryxel, I want to go to work!" That was the first adamant attack Karmale presented to the person who had let her family come and visit her. It was risky but he still did it for her.

How do people forget the good things so fast?

She had not even thanked him for it. She just rudely demanded for what her heart wanted.

To her astonishment, he gave in to her demand.

"Okay, Caramel. You will go to work tomorrow morning."

"Oh my God! You are not the Ryxel I know!" Karmale screamed in joy almost jumping onto him.

"Thank you, Ryxel."

He gave her a brief smile to say you're welcome.

And then she started feeling the guilt of her rude behaviour earlier.

"Erm... Ryxel!" She hesitated.

He raised his one eyebrow in response.

"Am sorry for my earlier approach. I wanna say thank you too."

He smiled again. More lovingly than before.

"Thank you for letting Mrs. Hart come see me and now you are letting me go to work? Thank you. You just made my evening." She leaned in and let her tainted lips rest on his cheek bone. She tenderly pecked on his sharp jawline.

"I will go help Diana with dinner." She skipped away her skirts swaying innocently.

The smile that had been plastered on Ryxel's face melted into a devilish smirk.

"Oh my Caramel!" The words came out as a dark whisper.

And that evil smirk played on his seductively pale face through the harsh winds of the cruelly wintry night.

Nyts 🤗

Thanks for reading

Andria 💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

417K 18.3K 50
⚠️BE WARNED⚠️: This book is a dark romance and contains abusive and mature content. Smut. An emotional rollercoaster. Slow burn. (SEQUEL OF DOLORE) ...
65.4K 1K 55
"Sweetheart, roll your eyes at me again and I'll fuck you so hard your eyes will go so far back, they won't come back." I rolled my eyes again. "As...
3.2K 227 45
Until Damiano died my sins only consisted of coming home late and sneaking out. Now I have killed and tortured my way to the top, and uncovered a wor...
191K 7.6K 51
Sofia Rose Hendricks is the daughter of the infamous mafia don Oscar Hendricks. Her life has been in danger since the day she was born, but she is st...