Severus Snape Imagines

By Sophie_Snape

A collection of imagines of our favourite Potions Master, Severus Snape. Will contain fluff, angst, heated ma... More

Requests Rules
Frozen
Darling of mine
I won't let go
Stand by you
Thin Ice
Mother of Dragons
Because I love you!
Sleeping Beauty
The ring
Love never dies
Ineffable
Big News

Stars in your eyes

7.3K 110 89
By Sophie_Snape

The Yule Ball was approaching and as you were a teacher your presence was needed as well as all the other staff members. The ball was in no less than a week and you were super excited. You've always wanted to go to a ball like this one, you already have your dress, your shoes, everything. The only thing that you need to do now is to wait until next week.

On the other hand, the Potions Master, Severus Snape, wasn't very keen on this type of event, he just wanted to get over with it and continue with the normal classes. Then again, this wasn't going to be a 'normal year' with the Triwizard Tournament and all but better enjoy the tranquility before the storm.

A couple of days later, Albus, Minerva and Severus were at the teacher's lounge discussing some last details. Well... the first two were discussing some last details, Severus just happened to be there when the other two teachers entered the room. "So Severus, who are you going to ask for the ball?" questioned Minerva.

The Potions Master's onyx orbs gaze from his papers to her and said "Why would I do something like that?" His voice was as monotonous as ever. "Well because it's tradition!" she exclaimed which made Severus to roll his eyes dramatically. "No, only the champions are obliged to bring someone with them. I'm practically being forced to go." he said, focusing his dark orbs back to his stack of papers.

Albus and Minerva exchanged a knowing look "We know someone who would like to go with you." said the Headmaster "And who might that be?" asked Severus, focusing his gaze on the older wizard as sarcasm dripped from his voice.

"You should be more observant, Severus. I'm just going to tell you that she's a remarkable witch, very beautiful indeed and really kind." The younger professor stared at the older couple for a whole moment before he stood up from his place "Stop making jokes like that, Albus, it's not funny." with a movement of his wand, all the papers disappeared and with a flick of his cloak, Severus was out of the teacher's lounge.

|•🐍❤️🐍🖤🐍❤️🐍•|

After your last class of the day was over, you dismissed the students and you went to your private chambers before dinner time.

As you sat on your bed, you caught a glimpse of your dress that was hanging in the opened closet. You couldn't wait to wear it but there was something that made your heart skip a beat every time you thought about it.

How wonderful for you it would be that Severus asked you to be his date. You knew the man was always so distant from others and that he didn't like events like the Yule Ball. You also knew that Severus was a difficult man to socialize with but even with him being so cold towards everyone, always giving sassy remarks to the students and even some teachers, you fell in love with the Potions Master.

Something that you did notice was that he never directed one of his sarcastic comments towards you. It was true that he spoke in his usual monotonous voice but he never dared to disrespect you and that was one of the many reasons you fell for Severus.

|•🐍❤️🐍🖤🐍❤️🐍•|

The day of the ball arrived in a blink of an eye. Classes were cancelled that day to give time to the students and teachers to get ready for the huge event.

You were beyond excited as you started to get ready at around three o'clock. You hadn't seen how the Great Hall was decorated but you assumed it was spectacular.

At around seven, you exited your personal chambers with your dress flowing behind you. The champions hadn't opened the ball yet so when you arrived at the stairs that connect with the Great Hall, you took a deep breath before starting to descend the large staircase.

(This is the dress you are wearing) :D

A small smile graced your lips as you walked down the stairs but you were unaware of the pair of onyx eyes that were glued to you.

When Severus saw you descending the stairs, he was in awe with your beauty, the way your dress hugged your figure perfectly, the way your (h/c) hair framed your face and your lips were in a soft smile.

"She looks beautiful, doesn't she Severus?" The Potions Master was brought back to reality when Albus, who was standing next to him, said that with a knowing smirk on his lips. Severus watched you as you walked around the Great Hall, greeting students and former colleagues. "Yes." he said in a low voice but the headmaster was quick to catch his words.

When the champions arrived and opened the ball, you were beaming with excitement. You were standing between Severus and Minerva.

When Dumbledore took Minerva to the dance floor with him a wide smile was plastered on your face.

You looked up at Severus, your eyes gleaming with the lights of the Great Hall. You wanted to dance with him but you knew deep down that the Potions Master would never see you the way you see him.

He was never going to dance with you like you pictured it in your head and never would he do it in front of the students.

A hopeless sigh escaped your lips as the thought invaded your mind "(y/n), will you dance with me?" The strong accent of none other than Igor Karkaroff broke your train of thought, you showed him a smile and nodded as he walked you both to the dance floor.

As you swayed with the Durmstrang headmaster, Albus and Minerva retrieved to their original places; they stood at each side of the Potions Master as the latter stared longingly at you.

You and Karkaroff maintained a normal conversation during the dance but you were oblivious to Severus' stare. "You should have asked her sooner, Severus," said Minerva in a teasing tone which only made the man roll his eyes.

When the dance was over, Karkaroff kissed your knuckles gently before he excused himself and exited the Great Hall. A soft smile was painted on your lips as you finally got to dance but Severus could feel how jealousy bubbled in his chest as he saw your smile was for another man.

The black-haired professor could not deny any longer that he was in love with you. He admired how kind and gentle you were with others, you were also very intelligent and passionate about your work without saying that you were extremely beautiful.

So when Severus saw you walking down the stairs in your pink dress, at that moment he realised he was in love with you.

The Potions Master didn't wait another second for another man to take you into his arms as he walked towards you, for the first time he did not care that the students were watching or that the teachers were going to tease him endlessly for this, he put his insecurities aside and approached you from behind, taking you by surprise as he put a hand on your waist as another waltz started to play.

He was quick on his movements as he held your smaller hand in his large one, loving how your hand fitted perfectly in his, as if it was meant to be that way. You two danced perfectly, no word was exchanged between you and him as you gazed lovingly into his dark eyes.

"You look beautiful in that dress, (y/n)." His words were so soft, so genuine that they made you blush slightly.

You looked down at your feet, still dancing in his arms, as you tried to hide your rosy cheeks from the man you grew to love.

"Look at me." His words were like feathers, so soft and delicate that you didn't hesitate to meet his glorious eyes again.

"Let's go to a more private place, shall we?" he asked in that silky voice of his. Afraid that your voice might fail you, you nodded at him. Severus let go of your waist but he kept your hand in his as he walked out of the Great Hall with most of the students eyeing him and you as they would never thought they would get to see the day the cold professor showed any kind of positive emotions towards someone, let alone you, who were a walking ray of sunshine.

|•🐍❤️🐍🖤🐍❤️🐍•|

With your hand gently grasping his, you two walked slowly down the empty hallways. Just enjoying the feeling of being alone with each other.

Severus stopped abruptly, making you stop in your tracks too. His onyx eyes bored into your soul. You felt captivated by his penetrating gaze that now held such softness that you could have fainted there and then.

"(y/n)," the way he said your name was mesmerizing, and it only made your eyes spark more under the moonlight that pierced through the large windows of the castle "I want you to know... I want to tell you..." this was the first time you saw Severus stammered in his words.

Suspecting what he wanted to say, you took a step forward, your chest was almost touching his, as you looked up at him. Your hand was still held tightly in his large one.

You smelt his minty breath as well as his intoxicating cologne, only trapping you more in the moment "I love you, (y/n)." His words were a mere whisper, also captive in the gleam of the moment.

A smile started to form on your lips, never breaking eye contact with him "I love you too, Severus." The man didn't waste another second to pull you in for a kiss. He let go of your hand as both of his hands went to your waist while you stood on your tippy toes with your hands on his shoulders.

The kiss was full of suppressed emotions as he pressed you tightly against his firm chest. And as the two of you were enjoying the moment, neither of you were aware of Albus handing Minerva fifty galleons as the older professors were betting on who was going to do the first move as your feelings for the Potions Master were pretty obvious to everyone else, including the students.

But you could care less about their bet as now, the only thing in your mind was your future with Severus, the man you loved and you will ever love, forever and always.

1786 words 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 3.2K 122
A collection of PLATONIC Severus Snape Oneshots/Imagines ***This is a current work in progress (I do not own this character- the character Severus S...
97.5K 4.3K 61
Y/N Reynolds is an American professor, formerly the potions mistress at Ilvermorny, who has relocated to Great Britain for reasons yet to be revealed...
99.4K 961 36
This book will be filled with oneshots (more like smutshots tbh) for different Harry Potter characters. These are all little mini stories that I've c...
24.2K 426 20
Your the newest defense against the dark arts teacher can you break professor snape... Trigger warning self harm suicide touching and abuse Not my pi...