Beauty and the Bookworm

By thelittleblackghost

Male Belle x Female Reader (Y/n) = Your Name (H/l) = Hair Length (H/c) = Hair Color (E/c) = Eye Color (S/c)... More

Chapter 1: The Curse
Chapter 2: Provincial Life
Chapter 3: Hopes and Dreams
Chapter 4: A Wrong Turn
Chapter 6: Gaston
Chapter 7: Be Our Guest
Chapter 8: Memories
Chapter 9: Something There
Chapter 10: Paris
Chapter 11: Beauty and the Beast
Chapter 12: Evermore
Chapter 13: Kill the Beast!
Chapter 14: The Last Petal
Chapter 15: The Broken Spell

Chapter 5: Prisoners

19.6K 708 112
By thelittleblackghost

——————————🥀——————————

A couple hours have passed since they were locked up, and Beau and (Y/n) were sitting against the wall. (Y/n)'s head was resting on Beau's shoulder, while he had his arm wrapped around her waist. Suddenly the cell door opened and they both quickly stand up.

"Forgive my intrusion, monsieur and mademoiselle...but I have come to escort you to your room." A voice said.

A little frightened, (Y/n) picked up a stool that was on the ground and raised over her head. "Our room?" She asked.

"But we thought..." Beau started.

"Oh, what? That 'Once this door closes it will not open again?'" The voice said, imitating the beasts' words. "I know. He gets so dramatic."

The two walked out of the cell to see a talking candelabra hanging from the lever. "Hello!" He greeted. Jumping onto the ground. (Y/n) gasped, and smashed him with the stool.

"Oh, you have gotten very strong princess." The candlestick commented.

"What are you?" The girl demanded.

"Don't tell me you forgot me already. It's me Lumière!" He said.

"And you can talk?" Beau questioned.

"Well of course he can talk. It's all he ever does." The two turned around to see a talking clock walking up the stairs.

"Now, Lumière, as head of the household, I demand that you put them back on their cell at once." He commanded, as (Y/n) grabbed an empty pitcher to use as another weapon.

"What do you want to be for the rest of your life Cogsworth? A man or a mantle clock?" The candlestick asked.

He turned back to Beau and (Y/n). "Ready you two? Trust me." Lumière started walking away and Cogsworth followed behind with a worried expression.

Beau and (Y/n) looked at each other uncertainly  before reluctantly following the two.

....

"You must forgive first impressions. I hope you are not too startled." Lumière apologized

"Why would we be startled? We're talking to a candle." Beau sarcastically remarked.

"Candelabra, please. Enormous difference. But consider me at your service monsieur and mademoiselle. The castle is your home now...so feel free to go anywhere you like." Lumière told them.

"Except the west wing." Cogsworth said, facing them. Lumière shook his hands at him. "Which we do not have." He quickly said.

"Why? What's in the west wing?" Beau asked.

"Oh, nothing" Lumière causally replied.

"Nothing." Cogsworth agreed.

"Storage space."

"Storage space."

"That's it."

"Yes, that's it." Cogsworth repeated. "This way please. To the east wing."

"Or as I like to call it, the only wing." Lumière laughed.

....

The four of them finally entered the east wing and Lumière opened the door to reveal a beautiful bedroom.

"Welcome to your room! I thought you both would be more comfortable staying in the same room." Lumière announced.

The bedroom had a beautiful four poster bed, and gold vines were wrapped around the room. The ceiling above was painted to look like the bright blue sky. In the corner was a wardrobe, and a shelf full of books. It also had a bunch of easels and art supplies in another corner.

"I thought you'd be comfortable staying in your old room princess." Lumière said.

"Why do you keep calling me that?" (Y/n) asked him. "I'm not a princess."

"See? I told you." Cogsworth said.

Lumière jumped on the bed, only to have a cloud of dust appear. "Oh, dear. We were not expecting guests."

Just then, a feather duster flew in behind them. "Enchantée! Don't worry, I'll have this place spotless in no time!" She began dusting all the furniture before flying down to Lumière. "This plan of yours is dangerous." She warned him.

"I would give anything to kiss you again, Plumette." He flirted.

"No, my love. I've been burned by you before. We must be strong." She advised.

"How can I be strong when you make me so weak." Lumière asked her.

The two only snapped out of it when Cogsworth cleared his throat. (Y/n) and Beau had been standing there, awkwardly watching the romantic scene between the two.

"Besides, I am confident that our plan will not fail. Because now, we have her." Lumière gestured to (Y/n). Plumette looked at her and gasped.

"Oh my goodness! Can it be?" Plumette asked in surprise.

"I think it is. The resemblance is uncanny." Lumière said.

"What are you all talking about?!" (Y/n) demanded.

"Don't you remember us princess?" Lumière asked the girl.

"You have to be thinking of someone else. I'm not a princess, I'm a farm girl." (Y/n) explained. "Right Beau?" She turned to the boy, hoping she'd back her up.

Beau just looked at her, sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck. "Well...you did say you couldn't remember anything about who you were when my father found you 10 years ago...who knows? Maybe you were a princess."

"Of course, it makes sense!" Lumière whispered to Plumette. "The enchantress must've erased her memories when she made her disappear. That's why she can't remember anything."

"It's possible..." Plumette agreed.

"It's too much of a coincidence to not be possible. They even have the same name!"

Beau was looking around the room. "Is everything in this castle alive?" He asked, picking up a hairbrush. "Hello. What's your name?" He asked it.

Lumière and Plumette giggled quietly and Cogsworth told him, "That is a hairbrush."

"Oh.." Beau put the brush down, embarrassed and (Y/n) giggled at him, causing him to send her a playful glare.

The girl started to walk past the wardrobe when it suddenly opened up and started vocalizing, scaring the two of them.

"Do not be alarmed. This is just your wardrobe. Meet Madame De Garderobe. A great singer." Lumière complimented.

"When she can stay awake." Cogsworth added.

"Cogsworth! A diva needs her beauty rest." The wardrobe said before yawning.

"Stay with us Madame. We have some people for you to dress!" Lumière announced.

"Finally!" She said grabbing (Y/n) and Beau by the arm and dragging them close. "Pretty eyes. Proud face. Perfect canvas. Yes!"

She turned to Beau. "I will find you something worthy of a prince!" She then turned to (Y/n), "And I will find you something worthy of a princess."

"Oh, I'm not a prince." Beau told her.

"And I'm not a princess." (Y/n) said.

"Ah, but you are. Madame, our princess (Y/n) has returned to us." Lumière announced with excitement.

The wardrobe let out a loud gasp, and pulled (Y/n) back to her again. "Yes! Yes! I see it now! Welcome back your majesty!"

"For the last time! I'm not the princess you're looking for!" (Y/n) exclaimed.

"Nonsense! Now let's see what I got in my drawers." She opened her bottom drawer and a bunch of moths flew out. "Oh! How embarrassing." She then pulled an underskirt out from another drawer. "Froufrou, come help Mama." She called.

A dog-like footstool came running in barking. The wardrobe out the over skirt on (Y/n) and colorful ribbons of all different colors started swirling around her. The dog-bench grabbed a ribbon around her waist and pulled, making the girl gasp. The wardrobe then finished by putting a large white wig on top of her head.

"Subtle. Understated. I love it!" Lumière said, before he, Cogsworth, and Plumette exited the room.

"Froufrou, send my love to the maestro." The wardrobe called before falling back asleep, and Froufrou exited the room as well.

(Y/n) stood there awkwardly in the dress she was put in. Beau couldn't help but chuckle a little at her predicament. She sent him a playful glare before throwing off the wig and ducking out of the dress and crawling out the bottom.

"Well, princess, it seems like we're sharing a room." Beau teased her.

(Y/n) blushed before saying, "Shut up. We've got to start looking for a way out of here."

They both ran to the window and looked out, seeing that it there was a long way to the ground. They turned around, noticing all the ribbons that were on the ground, and they both started to get the same idea. They shared a look and a knowing smirk, before starting to get to work on their escape.

——————————🥀——————————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Wednesday By Boo!

Fanfiction

2.2M 87.1K 71
Male Wednesday x Female Reader Based on the Netflix TV Series: Wednesday (Y/n) = Your Name (L/n) = Last Name (H/l) = Hair Length (H/c) = Hair Color (...
315K 8.9K 15
Male Esmeralda x Female Reader Based off the Disney movie The Hunchback of Notre Dame (Y/n) = Your Name (H/l) = Hair Length (H/c) = Hair Color (E/c)...
M0RGAN By Boo!

Fanfiction

153K 7K 14
WARNING: Violence and Language Male M3GAN x Female Reader Based off the movie: M3GAN (Y/n) = Your Name (L/n) = Last Name (H/l) = Hair Length (H/c) =...
Brave By Boo!

Fanfiction

330K 11.3K 17
Male Merida x Female Reader (Y/n) = Your Name (H/l) = Hair length (H/c) = Hair color (E/c) = Eye Color (S/c) = Skin Color I OWN NOTHING!!! ALL RIGHTS...