Jealousy, Jealousy - S.M [1]

By pepsicolax_

Dakota Enger is a simple girl who didn't stand out. She's a straight A student who always stood by her best f... More

Summary
Cast
Playlist
Omega
Shape Shifted
Ice Pick
Abomination
Venomous
Restraint
Raving
Party Guessed
Fury
Battlefield
Master Plan
good 4 u

Frenemy

1.4K 45 11
By pepsicolax_

Dakota stood still as she watched the Kanima - Jackson run off Scott's roof. She watched as Derek took off after him or it. Honestly, she was confused about what to call Jackson, was he the Kanima or Jackson? Now - now, he was the Kanima and Derek just took after it and so did Scott.

Dakota knew that they were both chasing after him for two different reasons. Her alpha wanted to kill it and knowing Scott he wanted to save it. Well, once again Kota landed herself in a dilemma.

Was she Dakota, Derek's first beta ready to fight alongside him and her friends, her pack? Or was she Kota, a girl willingly to go by her morals and fight alongside what's good?

Well, she had to decide as Stiles and Isaac were both screaming her name. "Kota, we need to go." Isaac said as he pulled Erica up. Boyd took the lead as the betas chased away from the sirens. "Kota, come on! Don't just stand there." Stiles yelled for her as he got into his Jeep, slowly driving off, trying to keep track of Scott.

Tick-tock.

Tick-tock.

"Oh, I'm so going to get yelled at." Dakota mumbled. She quickly rushed into Stiles' Jeep. "What are you waiting for? Go!" She yelled at him as her eyes flashed gold, causing Stiles to nod, "Yep. Driving. I'm driving." He said as Dakota stuck her head out of his window. She hated what she was currently doing but she needed to find Scott. Fast.

🦎

She leads them to a club called The Jungle, she's heard of it and heard that it was big but she never got to experience it fully. She only went once and that was because she dragged Isaac here for her sixteenth birthday, but they ended up leaving after one drink because her mom was home and she had to make it back before curfew.

Scott turns around hearing someone or two someone's run up behind him as Stiles and Dakota both scare him, "Sorry, I'm sorry. Did you see where he went?" Scott shakes his head, "I lost him."

"What? You couldn't catch his scent?" Kota asks as she looks around the club, "I don't think he has one."

"Alright. Any clue where he's going?"

"To kill someone." Kota groans, shaking his head, "Are you two really that stupid?" Kota shouts at them, "Can we please stop with the sarcastic comments and stop Jackson from killing someone!"

Stiles and Scott both furrow their eyebrows at the girl in front of them, "Dakota, come on. I'm 147 pounds of pale skin and fragile bone, okay? Sarcasm is my only defense."

"Just help us find it."

"Not it, Jackson." Dakota surprises herself saying that, actually defending that jackass, "Whether we like it or not, he's still a kid we go to school with."

"But does he know that? Did anyone else see him back at your house?" Dakota steps away from the boys as she tries to calm herself down, dealing with them in a stressful situation is not how she saw her day going. She nudges Scott as the teen wolf seems focused on something else, something familiar. "Scott."

"I mean, I don't think so. But he already passed Derek's test anyway."

"But that's the thing. How did he pass the test?"

"Wait!" Dakota shouts as she walks back to them, "What if it's like an either or thing." Stiles nods going along with the girl, "Derek said when we first kidnapped him, that a snake can't be poisoned by its own venom, right? When's the kanima, not the kanima?"

"When it's Jackson." Scott concludes.

"Uh guys." Stiles calls out backing up, the two wolves go to Stiles following his eyesight, "See that?" The teens nod as they see a tail disappear. "He's inside."

"What's he gonna do in there?"

Scott looks across at the line to get in the club as he spots a familiar face. "I know who he's after."

"Armani."

Dakota follows Scott and Stiles as they find a backdoor to get in. "Ah come on." Stiles tries to open the door as it doesn't budge. "Maybe there's like a window we could climb through," Dakota and Scott share a look, "Is he serious?" Dakota whispers as Scott nods his head.

Dakota scoffs as she walks over to the door and breaks off the door handle, opening the door.

"Or you could ask the two werewolves you are with?" Kota asks Stiles as she leans on the now open door, "After you."

Scott holds back laugh as Dakota sasses back Stiles. "Come on." Scott reaches out to grab Dakota's hand pulling her through the door. Dakota hides a blush at the sudden contact but quickly smirks at Stiles before she rushes through the door.

"Dude, everyone in here is a dude. I think we're in a gay club." Scott shouts over the music to Stiles, "Man nothing gets past those keen werewolf senses huh, Scott." Dakota looks over to see Stiles surrounded by Drag Queens and honestly, she can't help but laugh.

"Stiles," Dakota trails off, "I think we should remember this moment. Don't you agree ladies?" Stiles glares at the redhead girl in front of him as they all pose around Stiles. "Say cheese." Dakota smiles as she takes it before she puts her phone away, "Thank you so much."

"You know I'm really starting to hate you." Stiles says to her as Dakota shrugs, "You love me."

Dakota looks around the club as someone bumps into her making her bump into Scott. "Sorry." She whispers to him. Scott doesn't say a word as he stares at Dakota, his arms around her waist and her hands on his chest. "Someone bumped into me." She says as Scott nods. "Your eyes are brown."

"Well, amber but yeah. So are yours."

Scott nods as Dakota clears her throat taking a step back from him. Her cheeks match her hair. "We should find Stiles." Dakota grabs as she looks around the bar to find Stiles on the other side of it. The two wolves walk over as they stay silent. "Two beers."

"I.DS." Dakota looks away as Scott and Stiles hand the bartender their real IDs.

"How about two cokes?" "Rum and Coke, sure. Cokes fine. I'm driving anyway." The bartender spots Dakota, "Anything for you?" Dakota shakes her head as she turns to the dance floor.

"That's one paid for. And this one is for your girlfriend." Another bartender hands Scott and Kota a drink, "Oh, shut up." Stiles says his voice is laced with jealousy.

"I found Danny." Stiles points at Dakota and Scott both look up to the ceiling, "We found Jackson."

"Get Danny."

"What are you gonna do?" Dakota asks Scott, his eyes never leaving Kanima. "Works for me." Stiles says as he looks down to see Scott's claws out.

Stiles grabs Kota's arm as he pulls the girl into the crowd. "Danny!" Stiles and Kota yell as they push their way towards the boy. "Danny?" Kota and Stiles both look around to see nobody they recognize.

Getting pushed and turned around, Kota looks up to see the fog machines going as he loses sight of the Kanima. "Shit." She mutters looking back down seeing bodies starting to drop to the floor.

"Scott!" Kota calls out as she runs outside. She stops running as she smells blood. She looks down to see a trail of blood going across the parking lot. "Scott?" She runs up next to him as they follow the blood trail leading to Jackson coughing on the concrete.

"What the hell?"

🦎

"Can you hear anything?" Stiles asks Dakota as they both hide cowering into the Jeep seats. "No. I still not great at everything. I have to concentrate." Dakota slams her hand on the dash of the Jeep. "Ok watch the Jeep, Kota. It did nothing to you."

"Couldn't get anything out of Danny." Scott gets into the backseat of the Jeep. He leans forward as he tries to move away from Jackson. "Do you want to switch?" Kota asks him, causing Scott to shake his head.

"Okay can we just get the hell out of here now before one of my dad's deputies sees me?" Just as Stiles starts the car, police sirens are heard as the Sheriff pulls up right in front of the Jeep. "Oh my god. Could this get any worse?"

Jackson groans almost waking up, "That was rhetorical." Stiles yells back to him.

"Stiles. Go and deal with him." Dakota hisses, "What am I supposed to do?"

"I don't know, get rid of him."

"Get rid of him? We're at a crime scene and he's the sheriff." Stiles rolls his eyes as Scott starts to freak out. "Oh my god." Stiles scurries out of the car as Scott and Dakota sit in silence. Dakota's phone starts to ring, and she starts to slightly freak out from the caller ID.

"It's my dad."

Jackson starts to wake up as Scott and Dakota both turn around pushing the boy back down. "Scott, I have to go home." Dakota turns to him as Scott nods, "I don't think you can sneak out of here Dakota." Scott says as they both turn around to see Stilinski and Stiles both staring at them.

"No, but I'm getting us out of here." Dakota mutters as she listens to the conversation of Stiles and his father, "Trust me. I want to help." She rushes out as she stumbles out of the Jeep. She clears her throat as she straightens out her outfit before walking up to Stiles and his father.

"Miss Enger, what are you doing here?" Stilinski asks her as she stands right next to Stiles. "I joined the boys to help cheer up Danny." She turns to Stiles as he nods his head, "Isaac didn't really feel like joining especially after," Dakota trails off as Stilinski sucks in a breath.

"Right." Stilinski nods as he gives the girl a smile, "I assume you don't want your parents to know you were here, correct?" Dakota nods, "That would be the best. My dad is already freaked out and I told him Stiles would bring me home."

Stilinski sighs as he looks at the two teens. Part of him wants to continue to question his son but the other part knows that he was just trying be a good friend. And with a friend like Dakota Enger, Stiles couldn't go wrong.

"Get her home."

🦎

"Wow! Kota how did you get him to let us walk?" Stiles asked as he drove away from the club. "If you can do that, we need to keep you around. Scott?" Dakota turns around to see Scott nodding, making Dakota smile.

"I wasn't joking though. You do need to take me home and now. If I'm out any longer I don't think I can help you guys." Dakota tells Stiles as he sighs before starting the conversation with Scott about Jackson.

"Uh, what about your house?" Scott shakes his head as he looks forward to his Stiles, "Not with my mom there. We need to take him somewhere where we can hold him long enough to figure out what to do with him."

"You need to convince him he's dangerous." Dakota points out.

"I still say we just kill him."

"We're not killing him." Scott and Dakota both shout to Stiles.

"God." Stiles groans, "Okay, okay. I got an idea."

"Does it involve breaking the law?" Scott asks, "By now don't you think that's a given."

"I was trying to be optimistic." Scott murmurs.

"I have a feeling that's not the way to be right now." Dakota mutters as she looks forward.

🦎

"Dakota," Michael sighs as he watches his daughter walk through the door, "We were worried. I was scared." Dakota sighs as she shuts the door, "I know. I'm sorry I was out late. I was just studying with some friends and then we lost track of time."

"Dakota, we give you freedom but not if you are going to abuse it." Daphne tells her daughter. Dakota furrows her eyebrows surprised at her mom. Surprised she's still here and surprised she's acting like a parent. "Dad gives me the freedom. You just stand back and tag along." Dakota mutters before she can stop herself.

"Kota! You know your mother is trying to be home more." Michael says to her. "Mom, I'm sorry. I-"

"It's okay." Daphne whispers. She knows she's never around so what say should she have in her kids' lives? "Why don't you go to your room?"

As soon as Dakota walks up to her room, she instantly shuts her door and feels like crying. "Where were you?" Dakota opens her eyes as she spots her brother waiting for her on her bed. "Kid," Dakota sighs as she gets up, "I was just with some friends."

"Why can't you stop lying to me?" Henry asks her as Dakota sits down next to him. "I'm not lying. I promise you, I was just out and lost track of time." Dakota throws her arms around Henry's shoulders, "Kid, have I ever lied to you?"

Henry raises his eyebrows up at his sister, "Okay, wrong thing to say but it's you and me. Trust me on this." Dakota stands up as she grabs Henry's hands, "Now, go and get your pillow and blanket. We can build a fort and stay here."

"Awesome!" Henry yells as he runs out, "Thanks Kota!"

🦎

Dakota wraps her arms around herself as she walks out to the lacrosse fields. She felt wrong skipping but for some reason she knew that this was just the beginning of a new era for her. Honestly she was walking to class, late, but she saw Mrs. Argent walk in ahead of her and she did a quick 180. She may have wanted to talk to Scott but with both Argents in there, yeah she would rather talk to Isaac or anyone else.

"Kota!"

Kota had to hold back a scream as her best friend jumped in front of her. "Iz! Don't scare me like that." She shouts at him as she smacks his chest. "Okay, werewolf." He mutters as he throws his arm around her shoulder. "Never took you for a skipping type, Kota."

"New me." She mutters. "Why did you call me here?" She asks him as she stops walking and turns around to him. She crosses her arms as she stares down Isaac and smirks as she watches him start to get uncomfortable.

"I called you here because you totally ditched us after McCall's house." Isaac tells her, "Derek was not happy, but he said you had a plan. So, what is it? Are you going to seduce McCall and get all his secrets?"

Dakota tilts her head as she wonders why Derek covered for her. Did he start trusting her again that maybe when she didn't go back, he thought that she had a new plan? Okay, that is either giving Derek too much credit or he's giving her too much credit.

"Uh, yeah." Dakota stutters out, "I have a plan. And you're not getting to know my secrets." She said confidently. She just hoped that Isaac wasn't fully in contact with his hearing yet, so he didn't hear her heart skip a beat. Because she certainly did.

"I'm your best friend."

"Yes, yes you are. But I'm also your superior." Dakota's phone buzzes as she looks down to see a text from Scott. With a smirk she looks up to Isaac, "And I'm going to continue my plan. So, go back to Derek or wherever you came from. I have work to do."

🦎

The reason Scott texted Dakota was not only to help him but to drive him around while he went to talk to Danny. So great she was his chauffeur once again. Once the two pulled up to the hospital, Scott grabbed Dakota's hand as the two went rushing in.

Dakota never really talked much to Danny. They were as close as her and Lydia, they were study buddies one-time freshman year and then both Lydia and Danny realized how smart Dakota was and kept her in their back pocket. Dakota knocks as she gives Danny a tiny smile, "How are you feeling?" Danny shrugs as he looks over at the unusual pair. "You sure everything's okay with you and Jackson?" Scott asks.

"Yeah, everything's fine." Danny answers with an odd stare to Dakota. The tiny girl shrugs as she watches Danny get dressed. She grabs Danny's wallet as she hands it to him with a sorry look on her face, "They took your fake."

Danny sighs as he sits down on the bed, "You didn't do anything to make him angry?" Scott asks.

Danny chuckles, "How angry?" Dakota and Scott both share a look, "On a scale of one to ten, one being 'kind of irritated,' and ten 'wanting to kill you violently'."

"Jackson's always kinda at a four." Danny answered, making Dakota scoff "But we're good." Danny responds with a chuckle, "I was actually doing him a favor."

"What favor?" Dakota asks, standing next to Scott.

"I was recovering a video for him. I put it on my tablet." Dakota looks over to Scott, "Which is in the trunk of my car, and probably still at the club."

"What was on the video?" Scott asks urgently.

"I'm not really supposed to say." Danny gives a look to Dakota, "Danny what if I told you this could be a matter of life and death?" She asks her friend.

"I'm not supposed to say. Sorry Kota." Kota nods in understanding. Scott looks at Danny going through his wallet, "What if I told you I could get your fake ID back?"

The two friends quickly rush out of Danny's room as Melissa McCall stops them. "Why I think you being here to check up on your friend is all sorts of commendable. I gotta play tough mom right now, even though I'm not very good at it."

"Right now?" Scott asks his mom as he looks back to Dakota holding onto him from the abrupt stop.

"Yes right now! I got a call from your principal. You are failing two classes."

"I-I know. And that's why I'm studying with Dakota right now." Scott looks back at Dakota nodding.

"Do you know that if you fail even one of your midterms, that they're gonna hold you back?"

"He said that?" Scott whispers.

"All of your friends are gonna be juniors, while you are still a sophomore. Do you understand, Scott? You cannot fail."

"I know." Scott says as Dakota starts to feel sorry for Scott, she puts a comforting hand on his arm, as they both walk by Melissa.

🦎

The four teens walk over to the cliff at the edge of the preserve, "If Jackson doesn't remember being the Kanima he's definitely not gonna remember stealing Danny's tablet." Dakota admits to the group.

"Why would he steal that thing if he doesn't even know what's on it?" Stiles asks looking over at Dakota, "What if someone else took it?" Allison asks, she keeps glancing at Dakota confused on why Derek's beta is with them. "Then somebody else knows what he is." Dakota admits.

"Which could mean someone is protecting him." Scott concludes. "Like the bestiary says, 'the Kanima seeks a friend,' right?" Allison asks . "Ok hold on. So, somebody watches Jackson make a video of himself turning into the Kanima, and then just erases part of it so he wouldn't know?" Stiles asks "Who would do that?"

"Somebody who wanted to protect him?"

"There's something else. You said the only thing you found online about the Kanima is that it goes after murderers. What if it's actually true?" Scott asks his friends, "Well, no, it can' t be. It tried to kill all of me remember." Stiles says pointing to himself.

"I don't know about you three but we haven't murdered anybody lately."

"I don't think it was actually trying to kill us." Scott says, "Remember when we were at Isaac's it just went right by us, did it?" Allison nodded, "And it didn't kill you in the mechanic's garage."

"Yeah but it tried to kill Derek and I in the pool." Stiles says, "Did it?" Scott asks , "It would've it was waiting for us to come out."

"What if it was trying to keep you in?"

Stiles shutters as he takes a step back from the group, "Why do I feel so violated all of a sudden?"

"Because there is something else going on. We don't know what it is. We don't know anything about what's going on with Jackson or why someone's protecting him." "Know thy enemy" Allison interrupts causing everyone to look at her, "Just something my grandfather said."

"All right I got it. Kill Jackson. Problem solved." Stiles says as Dakota nods looking at Stiles, "For once, I agree with Stilinski. Maybe it's time we give him to Derek."

"He risked his life for us against Peter, remember that?" Scott tells his best friend, "Yes. but what did you just find out? He got the bite from Derek. It's funny how he just got exactly what he wanted by supposedly risking his life for us, it's funny."

"Stiles, that doesn't mean he's not still worth saving."

"He doesn't know what he's doing." Scott defends him, "So what?"

"So I didn't either." Scott jumps in, "Do you remember when I almost killed you and Jackson? I had someone to stop me. He has nobody."

"That's his own fault."

🦎

It was getting late into the night and Dakota was tired of just walking around playing guard for Jackson. The one person she was talking to had to get on a phone call with Lydia, seemed like Stiles left her hanging one night and she never got over it.

Her mind went back to her pack. Her mind went to Derek. Why did he cover for her? Why didn't he just throw her under the bus? Was he trying to trust her again or gain her trust back? It was no secret that besides her and Isaac, her and Derek were close.

Call it beta and alpha relationship but she enjoyed his company... sometimes.

At this point Dakota didn't know who she was or what she wanted. Her mind just went to how different her pack worked with each other and how Scott was 'an alpha of his own pack.' Did he see Dakota apart of that pack? Did he see her as another omega? A friend? After their night in the club she honestly wondered if he started to see her as more. Not a girlfriend because he had one but he did things that no guy in a relationship should do.

She groaned as she closed her eyes trying to forget everything. She needed to ask Scott. She needed to know the truth. She needed to understand why he wanted to be an omega.

Step by step. Dakota walked towards Allison's car as she tried to look out for Scott. Step by step. She walked closer and closer. Step by step. Her heart cracked.

She put her hand over her mouth as she watched Scott and Allison make out from the rear view windshield. She didn't know if she wanted to cry or if she wanted to drag Allison out by her hair and fight her.

Dakota ran to her car and quickly drove away from them. Away from Jackson. Away from Allison. Away from Scott.

🦎

"Derek!" Dakota screamed as she walked into the abandoned subway station. "Derek!"

"I'm here." He called back looking at the beta. "Welcome back. Did they kick you out?" He asked with a smirk. Dakota held back her tears as she stared at him. "I have a plan. I know who the Kanima is."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 94 14
That Jeon Jeongguk and Chila Rosario agreed to the arranged marriage their parents set up for them, they figured there was no point in fighting it if...
902K 13.6K 59
In which Joshua Matthews twin sister meets Lucas Friar's older brother and the two fall for each other. |Girl Meets World| |Oc/Oc|
1.3M 16.3K 162
Zodiac signs that involves Creepypasta. Play around and see who, how, why, where, and what you're signs do. Request are ALWAYS open. I hope you enjoy...
1.1M 49K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC