Shadow Monarch (That Time I G...

By BetaWriter141

You are the Shadow Monarch who will be residing in the world of a certain slime. A/N: Non of the pictures an... More

Prolouge
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 1

26.8K 532 455
By BetaWriter141

-Y/N Pov-

I woke in a grassy field, it was so warm and nice to the point that I don't want to stand and just sleep right there but the sun was a problem. I look around the scenery that can't be found back in my world.

Ashborn: Beautiful ain't it?

Y/N: You're still in my head?

Ashborn: Of course I am!

Y/N: Well then... Do you have any idea where we are?

Ashborn: Not a single clue!

I sweatdrop at this answer.

Y/N: So you bought us to a world that is completely unknown to even you? Come on now even in games there is a lore about the world..... (-_-;)

Ashborn: Actually, I have faint sense of Antares here...

Y/N: Who is that?

Ashborn: Just a old enemy of mine, He goes by the name of the Monarch of Destruction and King Berserk Dragon, and it seems like I can sense his servant here.

Y/N: That sound much more scary than you intended to you know?

I quietly look around me and I see some kind of hologram infront of me.

Y/N: What's this?

Ashborn: That's the system.

I tried scrolling around the mysterious system it's like the classic rpg games status.

Y/N: Hmm

Level 1
Title: None
Unique Skill: None
Extra Skill: None
Weapons: None

HP/ 100%
MP/ 100%

Y/N: Well you weren't kidding about the game stuff.... So how do I level up?

Ashborn: It's a game of life! The more enemies you defeat, the higher your level rises.

Y/N: I see... that seem simple enough. What about the daily task?

Daily Task-
100 Push Ups: Incomplete
100 Squats: Incomplete
100 Sit Ups: Incomplete
10km Run: Incomplete

Fail to complete the daily task
Player will receive penalty.

Ashborn: Come on! Do you seriously think you will receive my power just like that? If you want it, earn it!

Y/N: Not only I have to level up by defeating enemies, I also have to exercise?!

Ashborn: It would be unfair for the people in this world if you only level up by that.

After groaning I lazily do push up and sits ups, it was fucking hard, I could barely do seven. Oh well that's for sitting infront of the computer for so long. After a few hours I've done 45 push ups with all my stamina and oxygen depleted.

Ashborn: You really are one whimpy kid.

Y/N: F**K YA Shady Kid!

Ashborn: What did you call me?!? I am the King of dead! The Greatest Brilliant Light!

Y/N: You are the edge lord! Have you seen yourself in a mirror?!

I groans at this, I knew fight with him won't get me anywhere. By the end of the day I was able to finish all my task. I level up to 3 as well. I immediately took my fatigue refreshing gift that my system presented me.

Ashborn: Well your progress is better than nothing I guess.

It was getting dark and I didn't want to just sleep in a forest so I decided find a nearest town. After a few minutes of walking I could see lights and buildings, a town? No it's big I guess that's a kingdom. I went inside and needless to say it's weird. First time seeing all thing so... old and medieval like. Fantasy like.

Y/N: I can't believe I've survive this long without a phone or internet...

Ashborn: Dude this isn't going to go to another world with your smartphone.

Y/N: Yea I get it.

My stomach grumbles, oh yeah I haven't eat the past 18 hours.

Y/N: Maybe there is a free food stall?

I kept walking around in the district. But fail to see anything that can be taken free. There is no way I'm getting out of here alive if I kept going on like this.

???: Hey you there.

Y/N: Huh?

I turn around at the voice who called me.

Y/N: Umm can I help you?

???: That's something I'm supposed to be asking. Are you lost?

Huh she looks like some kind of knight.

Ashborn: Huh Not bad...

Y/N: Are you checking her out?

Ashborn: In sexual way? No, combat way? Yes.

Y/N: Oh umm no, it's just that I came from somewhere else. And uhh I-

My stomach make noise that cuts off my sentence. The mysterious girl raise an eyebrow at this. She then turn and started walking.

???: Come with me.

Y/N: Umm what now?

Ashborn: I suggest you go with her.

I thought she was going to catch me because I don't look like one of the people there but it turns out that she was just buying me dinner. I wasn't able to focus on orther things much as I started stuffing foods in my mouth.

She just looks at me with a unimpressed face.

Y/N: This is sooo good!

I kept eating. Forgetting the fact that she was here.

???: Say where are you from?

I stopped eating and try to quickly thought of a lie.

Y/N: Umm W-well I'm from the w-western town.

???: West?

Y/N: Yea...

I sweatdrop as she look at me with some hint of suspicion.

Y/N: W-Well how Rude of me! I'm Y/N L/N! Thanks for helping me!

I have a slight bow. When I raise my head up. Her eyes widen for a moment but they return back to normal.

???: I see.... How old are you?

Y/N: I'm 18

???: What grade?

Y/N: I'm in my final year!

???: What school did you go?

Y/N: Daisho-High!

There was a short silence between us.

Y/N: Eh? Wait a minute!

I could feel Ashborn facepalming.

Y/N: Ummm you see I was just jok-

???: I'm Hinata Sakaguchi.

I stayed quiet for a few seconds processing what she just said.

Y/N: Wait are you Japanese?

Hinata: Yes that's right. Now since you know japanese it means that you aren't from around here are you? Plus, I'm a holy knight of the western saint church. I know people from my place when I see them.

She gave me a long stare which I couldn't look back due to my guilt of lying.

Y/N: Ahhh!!! I walk right into that!!!!

Y/N: Umm... Please forgive me for lying!

She simply just sigh.

Hinata: I'm not mad I would have done the same thing. So what happen to your summoners? Did you kill them?

Y/N: My summoners?

She raise an eyebrow at my question.

Hinata: So you aren't summoned?

Y/N: No I don't think so...

Hinata: Hmm stay still.

She reach out her hand infront of my face. It started glowing blue.

Hinata: Hmm That's weird he have no skills nor his physical capabilities aren't that amazing. Usually when people traverse world they get abilities... I guess he isn't that special.

Y/N: Umm? What are you doing?

Hinata: Nothing just some inspection.

Y/N: Alright... Did I pass?

Hinata: ...... Yea you can say that.

Y/N: So Hinata-san since you have been here for some time, can you tell me about this world?

She look at me for a moment before nodding.

Hinata: Sure but it's gonna be a long one.

Hinata then proceed to tell me about this world. How there are dragons and demons, about orther worlder, people from our world who are summoned here but those are rare occasion since it took to much time and manpower. Now it's illegal.

She also tells me about the demon lords. There are currently 10 Demon lords who control some part of the region.

Y/N: Say Ashborn... How strong do you think they are?

Ashborn: For this world they might be pretty strong but for monarch and rulers, they are nothing put disposable elites.

Y/N: Damn.... You guys are that strong huh?

Ashborn: You'll get the taste of my power soon child.

Hinata: That's about what you need to know.

She took a drink of the remaining liquid from her glass.

Hinata: So what are you gonna do now? If you don't have anything why not join the knights, I can put you under my wings...

Y/N: Eh is that really fine?

Hinata: We are from the same world and country, I see no reason to not help you.

She reply with a emotionless tone.

Y/N: Somehow I doubt that tone.

Ashborn: At least she said it from her heart but you can't join her. She is a holy knight. You have a Dark lord inside you, it won't end well if you stay.

Y/N: Yea...

I look directly back at Hinata.

Y/N: I'm grateful for your help today and your offer but I don't quite want be lock up in one place yet, I still have yet to explore this world.

Hinata looks at me in silence for a moment before she nods in understanding.

Hinata: Alright I understand, but this world is more dangerous than you think, everything here is life-threatening.

Y/N: Eh I've been in a pinch before so I'll be fine.

Hinata sigh at my answer and finally gives in.

Hinata: Here you will be needing this.

She took out a small bag from her coat. I took it and check what was inside. It seems to be gold.

Hinata: There is 37 gold coins inside, with this you should be alright for the next 4 months if you don't get greedy.

Y/N: Is this alright?! I mean it's alot of money!!!

Hinata: This amount is nothing for me, just think as a helping hand from someone from the same world.

She stands up from her seat and took her sword.

Hinata: I'll be going now, if you need anything just send a letter to the western church.

Y/N: Oh umm thank you very much!

She nods and left the shop. Wow such a badass woman. I wonder what's she like back in the old world.

Ashborn: Don't underestimate yourself, sooner or later you would be the one atop of this world.

Y/N: Whatever you say pal, well time to find a inn to hit the bed.

______________________________________

A/N: Sorry for the long update and please ignore my bad grammar. It's a bit short this chapter so bear with me.

Anyways hoped you enjoyed the fanfic.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 4.4K 43
Hello there I am Alice .. I work night shifts for those sex depressed guys! One day I die and get reincarnated in .. ? THAT TIME I GOT REINCARNATED A...
14.2K 493 10
what if. Rimuru was born much earlier. what if his nation was created with its people much earlier. and its ruler was neither a God Or anything supre...
73K 2.3K 28
A Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken / That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime fanfiction. Rimuru Tempest, once known as Satoru Mikami, is faced with a d...
36K 1.2K 20
Rimuru goes back in time to save Shizue. And a new story befalls on him.