Power & Legacy || Steve Rogers

By areyoutonystankk

Aurelia Stark, the girl with everything. Only daughter of billionaire, Tony Stark, she has anything a girl co... More

0 || intro
∞ || destiny
1990 || aria's arrival
0.5 || media
1 || the beginning of the end
2 || happy birthday to me
3 || what happens in vegas
4 || doesn't stay in vegas
5 || jets with you are the worst
7 || all in black
8 || robbed by a pirate
9 || kidnapped by a pirate
10 || exploring a government agency
11 || home.
12 || he's back
13 || spontaneous crying
14 || aria: billionaire, socialite... surgeon?
15 || conflicting interests
16 || champagne & business
17 || just a girl
18 || die
19 || ice-cold veins
20 || gone
21 || iron man...
22 || spy things
23 || mojitos & burritos
24 || end-credits
|| iron man 2 ||
1995 || the good ol' days
25 || stark expo
26 || dads, am i right?
27 || jets with you are still the worst
28 || ceo
29 || the importance of family
30 || sun's out, guns out (literally)
31 || private jet talks
32 || apologies
33 || happiest place on earth
34 || goodbye malibu
35 || the big apple
36 || another weapons demo gone wrong
⎊ || end-credits
|| Space Girl ||
37 || the assignment
38|| me and my badly timed jokes
39 || cap'n
40 || brooklyn
41 || under the mistletoe
42 || stark tower
|| aria's future ||

6 || not the girl i used to be

748 21 6
By areyoutonystankk

You try to explain
But before you can start
Those cry baby tears
Come out of the dark
-Cry Baby, Melanie Martinez

March 21st 2008
Kunar Provence, Afghanistan

"Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?", Dad stands in front of a crowd of generals, colonels, and the like, whilst I hide in the back, wanting to be anywhere but here, "With that in mind, I humbly present the crown jewel of Stark Industries' Freedom Line. It's the first missile system to incorporate our proprietary repulsor technology. They say the best weapon is one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it. That's how America does it. And it's worked out pretty well so far. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee you the bad guys won't even want to come out of their caves.", he simply waves his hand and the missiles fire up, before launching toward the rocky mountains behind us, "For your consideration, the Jericho.". Behind him, the missiles explode in a huge show of fire, sending a gust of air flying toward us and knocking all the soldiers' hats off. He walks off toward a cooler and opens it to reveal more alcohol than anyone should need in the Afghan desert. "I'll be throwing one of these in with every purchase of five-hundred million or more. To peace!", he says, slinging an arm over my shoulder. I try to shake him off, shooting him a glare, "What's got your panties in a twist?", he scoffs.

"Oh, I don't know, maybe the flight attendant that got yours in a twist last night.", I say.

"Lia, you weren't meant to see that.", he says.

"Well, I was on the plane, planes aren't that big. What did you think was going to happen?", I ask, climbing into one of the cars.

"I wasn't really thinking, I was really drunk.", he admits.

"Clearly.", I scoff.

"I'm sorry, okay? I am."

"No, you're not. We both know you'll rail some other flight attendant on the flight home. Let's just accept you're a dick and that's not going to change, act like this never happened, and move on with our lives. Yeah?"

He groans, "Come on."

"Look, just don't pull any of this bullshit on the way home and we're all good, okay?", I say.

"Fine.", he nods.

I know he can't stand me being mad at him, which I seem to find myself doing a lot lately.

His phone starts ringing and he picks up, "Tony.", Obadiah says down the other end of the phone.

"Obie, what are you doing up?", Dad asks.

"I couldn't sleep till I found out how it went. How'd it go?"

"It went great, didn't it, munchkin?", I don't know why he's talking to me like I'm three, "Looks like it's gonna be an early Christmas."

"Hey! Way to go, my boy! Great to see Aria getting a start in the family business! Did you have a good time?", he asks me.

"Yeah.", I say, very unenthusiastically.

"She's in a mood.", Dad whispers, even though I can clearly hear.

"I'll see you two tomorrow, yeah?", he says

"Why aren't you wearing those pajamas I got you?", Dad asks.

"Good night, Tony.", Obi says, as dad gets in the vehicle and hangs up.

A soldier closes the door for us, as Rhodey comes over, "Hey, Tony.", he calls out.

"I'm sorry, this is the fun-vee. The hum-drum-vee is back there.", Dad says.

"After what I saw Rhodey doing last night, I'd say he meets your definition of fun.", I scoff.

"Yeah, I don't know how Aria got in here either.", Dad says, like a petty three-year-old.

"Nice job.", Rhodey says, miserably.

"See you back at base.", he says, leaning back in his seat. As I stare out the window away from Dad, he looks over at me, raising his eyebrows, "Come on, I thought you were over it."

"Well, I'm as over it as I can be!", I exclaim.

"I thought you were asleep!", he argues back.

"It's a plane, Dad! It's not that big! You could have just not!", I yell.

"It's not just that, you've been in a mood all week. It's like you don't want to work with me.", he huffs, crossing his arms over his chest.

"You ever think that that's exactly why? You ever think that maybe I'm not you? Maybe I don't want to be exactly like you, is that okay?", I blurt out.

Realizing what I said, I flush bright red, "Oh.", he pretty much whispers.

All of the soldiers get in, so I stop. "It doesn't matter.", I mutter.

We started driving, and then...

Well, you know what happened then.

Third Person POV:

In an Afghan cave, Ho Yinsen jumps and almost cuts himself with the razor, as the man on the cot- Tony Stark- wakes up, thrashing and screaming.

"Lia!", he cries out, his voice echoing off the stone walls, "Aria!"

For a moment, he goes quiet, silence once again consuming the room- no, consuming the cave. Then, his eyes snap open and he coughs, before pulling the wire out of his nose. Attempting to pick up a cup, he reaches out to the table next to his cot but knocks the metal thing off. He tries to move to grab the bottle but is stopped by an array of different wires, all attached to his bandaged chest. Filled with panic, he rips away all the bandages, revealing a round metal circle embedded in his chest. He gasps out in panic and fear before one thought comes to him- Aurelia.

"My daughter. My- My baby. What have you done with her?", he demands gruffly.

"Me? I haven't done anything, I haven't seen any girl.", Yinsen tells him, "So, she either escaped, or she's-"

Tony finishes for him, a numb look on his face, "Dead."

2 days later...

"Good. Good roll. Good roll.", Yinsen says, as he and Tony play a game.

"You still haven't told me where you're from.", Tony says.

"I'm from a small town called Gulmira. It's actually a nice place.", he tells him.

"Got a family?", Tony asks.

"Yes, and I will see them when I leave here.", he states, "And you, Stark?"

"Just a daughter.", he says, "Aurelia.", he smiles slightly as the word rolls of his tongue.

"I've met her before, back in ninety-nine.", Yinsen says, "She has heart. Treasure her. Children are so precious, don't lose her. You're a man who truly has everything, keep it that way."

A message from the author:
Agh! Sorry this is late! I had a football match this morning and then I was at a baby shower all day. Anyway, really rushing right now because my dinner's ready! Hope you all had a good week! Remember to vote and comment! See you all next chapter! (;

- Hannah xoxo

Word count: 1211

Date published: January 15th 2022

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

821K 29.1K 69
BOOK 2 OF THE JESSI STARK SERIES. "Life is tough my darling, but so are you" What's next in her life as the Daughter of Iron Man? What trials await...
10.8K 425 36
❝Who am I?❞ ────────────────── ❝You're my daughter.❞ ────────────────── ❝Then how come your never there for me?❞ ────────────────── ˏˋ°‒*β€βž· ...
6.6K 172 30
Fates destined to collide, two girls from completely different worlds come together with Earth's mightiest heroes to protect the planet they love. Bu...