Luna

By anya_jayvyn

A bullied girl meets the popular new student. ***** "Still saying that you're perfectly okay?" Max whispers. ... More

Character Aesthetics
Official Playlist
00 | prologue: the confession
01 | green eyes
02 | chemistry
03 | another project
04 | unexpected audience
05 | the moon
06 | another distance
07 | ice cream
08 | invitation
09 | strange people
10 | heart to heart
11 | party
12 | tell me everything
13 | hold your head up high
14 | cheeseburger
15 | cookies
16 | nocturne
17 | livid
18 | consequences
19 | gone
20 | sweet dreams
21 | sky full of stars
22 | field trip
23 | restless heart
24 | distraction
25 | fashion show
26 | spinning
27 | uninvited guest
28 | collision
29 | face me
30 | breakfast in bed
31 | in your arms
32 | be mine
33 | take my soul
34 | daggers
35 | forget me
36 | dead soul
37 | exposed
38 | revelation
39 | through thick and thin
40 | where my heart belongs
Bonus Chapter
Aiden's Story
Story Copyright

41 | by your side

169K 7.1K 3.8K
By anya_jayvyn

Everything else falls into place not long after that night with Max near the river.

The rumor about me being a druggie has been countered by Dad and Aiden. Those media exposing false rumors about me quickly make another statement, now revealing the truth.

It may take longer to make the rumors completely gone, but since the truth is out and the culprits are now paying for their mistakes, our family can now finally breathe.

I know for sure that Dad and Aiden want to destroy the people who made me suffer, but when I see that those media only expose their initials -- such as RP -- I somehow feel slightly relieved.

I've never liked war, although I can't help but feel that something is off.

Yet, that doesn't matter anymore. What matters is that my heart is finally at ease. This incident has taught me how wrong it was for me to succumb to my fear, and how important it is to trust the people who love me.

Now that I step out of the car and stare at the building of my school, Royal Heights, a sigh leaves my lips. How long have I not been in school? It has been almost two weeks, I guess.

When I step into the corridor, people stare at me, as usual. When would they not stare?

I head to my class and notice how they look at me. Some pity me, some have guilt on their faces, while some other still look at me with disgust. No matter what happens, there would always be those people who hate me and choose to not believe the truth.

When I arrive at my class, most of my classmates are already here, talking to each other about their weekends, their celebrity crushes, and so on -- just like any other morning.

A soft smile touches my lips -- I'm grateful that I still can go to high school like a normal teenager. I can't say that what happened to me is categorized as normal, but still, I'm grateful.

An empty desk in the second row catches my attention. It's Rory's.

She's gone.

After everything that has happened, she can't be here anymore, for sure.

Pain strikes as I remember everything that has happened between us. But strangely, I don't feel sorry for her. She hasn't only hurt me but also the people dear to me.

I settle at my desk and sigh. The noises around me fade out as I remember how Dad and Aiden despise this school. They hate me being here, but I don't want to move.

It would be such a hassle to transfer to another school.

Besides, I've been doing just fine here in terms of academic records, although it's not the main reason why I stay.

An abrupt movement from the door makes me look up, and there he is, Max, his breathing fast as he arrives. He looks like he just ran all the way here.

His eyes immediately land on me, and I can see the panic in them.

He strides toward me, and again, I notice how we steal everyone's attention.

"Why didn't you wait for me?" He's still out of breath as he halts in front of my desk, and I can only stare at him with a lost expression.

He notices my lack of response and sighs. "Did you not get my text?"

I raise my eyebrows, but then I search for my phone inside my bag. When I take it out, one missed call and two unread messages from him greet me.

Max: Wait for me before you enter the school.

Max: I'll go with you.

Another smile curves on my lips. Oh boy, is he that worried that someone would bully me again in the hallway?

I stare at him, resting my chin on my fists, my smile still lingering on my lips. "I'm sorry. I put my phone inside my bag and didn't check it again since I got into the car."

His lips form into a thin line.

I shrug. "I'm okay, Max. I could handle it." I give him another smile to assure him that everything is okay. "Besides, nothing bad happened."

I wish he could understand that there's no need for him to be overprotective, but I know him too well -- he would never ever change.

He squints at me, as if trying to figure out whether I'm really okay.

I really am, Max.

I bite my bottom lip to hold back my giggle, and he curses at himself.

"Don't do that," he mutters.

My brows furrow as he stares at my lips, and I absentmindedly lick them. That makes his eyes darken even more.

"Do what?" I whisper.

"That." His eyes are still locked on my lips, and I swallow. "That makes me want to kiss you."

God, honestly, I can still feel the taste of Max's lips on mine when we kissed last night.

I can't help the blush on my cheeks. Max, however, still gazes at me like he's hypnotized, and so I do the thing I would have never thought I would do.

I grab his jacket, pulling him closer to my desk and shortening the distance between our faces, looking up at him.

Surprise skates all over his face, and our classmates start to whisper around us, watching us.

The shock on his face is soon replaced by a smirk on his lips. His eyes are glinting with amusement. "You're aware that the whole class is now watching us, aren't you?"

I smile and nod at him.

A year ago, when Tyler confessed to me in the cafeteria, I restricted myself from being happy.

But now, I don't care.

I don't want to be bothered by anything else.

I can be together with the guy I love and who loves me back.

I want to love and be loved just like everybody else.

Max's eyes soften as our faces draw even closer. "Come here," he whispers so softly, brushing his fingers against my cheek, and I still haven't let go of his jacket to pull him closer to me.

And the next thing I know, our lips meet.

"Motorcycle?"

That's the first word that comes out of Aiden's mouth after he sees Max and the big motorcycle parked in front of our house lobby.

Dad follows us outside with Mom by his side. He shoves his hands into his pants pockets, watching his children as Mom clings onto his arm, giggling.

She looks so excited about my date with Max today.

"It's safe. Don't worry," I assure my brother, approaching Max.

When my eyes scan his appearance, I feel butterflies in my tummy. Again, he looks so good in his bad boy signature style, his black boots complementing his look perfectly.

"Jacket?" Aiden reminds in a stern voice, and I chuckle, rolling my eyes.

Max had already had the jacket in his hand even before Aiden asked the question.

He hands it to me, and I wear it in front of them. I can't complain about wearing his clothes, because it has his signature scent, and I love it.

"Helmet?" Aiden reminds me again, and I take the second helmet from Max.

"Check." I huff, putting the helmet on.

"Bring her back before 9 PM, Max," Dad says, and I squeal in delight inside my heart. Considering how Dad used to hate the thought of me dating any guy, this is more than enough.

We're going to have almost the whole day.

"I will," Max says, and when he smiles at me, my heart flutters.

I settle myself behind Max on the motorcycle and circle my arms around his waist.

"Hold on tight," he whispers, and I do as he told.

Always.

Contentment fills my heart. I rest my head against his back, closing my eyes, feeling secure just by those three words and this simple gesture.

I'll never let go again, Max.

He revs the engine, and both of us chuckle as the bike speeds off.

AN:

Hi everyone. I can't thank you enough for staying on this journey with #Lunax. As you know, this is the final chapter, and I'm afraid to say that this is indeed the end of this story. LUNA is indeed shorter than my other stories -- it's supposed to be an easy read (I didn't expect that it would surpass 40 chapters).

My next story, My Girl, as well as Aiden's story, will be heavier, deeper, and emotionally draining (I feel like I have to warn you about that). It will be intended for mature audiences.

However, this story is really special to me. I love Luna and Max with all my heart. And to be honest, Max is now officially my number 1 favorite among other male leads in my stories (Sorry, Jake 😭).

Thank you, thank you so much for showing your love for this story. I'm so grateful for that. I love you all so much! ❤

WAIT!!! WHAT HAPPENED TO RORY...???

Okay. I know that a lot of you might be wondering about that. I can't just leave it like that either, so stay tuned for the Bonus Chapter to find out ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32K 1K 35
"Are you stalking me?" His deep voice asked. "You wish, that would mean I actually thought about you enough to wonder where you are." I looked away...
37.9M 1M 75
In which I fall in love with my brother's best friend. ***** "Don't pretend like you don't feel anything." His voice is low, sending shivers down my...
115 18 12
JASON ARCHER: I couldn't love myself anymore. I didn't know how. Not after it was stolen from me. After I drop out of college, I rush back to North C...
52.2K 3.7K 96
Second place winner in the Teenfiction category, Eternity Awards. #3 Highschool #1 Lovetriangle #30 Romance - 31/12/2020 #33 Teenlove #1 Billionaires...