The Other Side Of The Lens

By kjocelyn81

"That was weird, but I can't stop my heart beating ten times faster than it should be. Laying down on the bed... More

The Other Side Of The Lens
Prologue
01. The Infamous Trio
02. Hall Passes On The First Day
03. Alison And Alejandro Sitting In A Tree
04. Officially Meeting Mateo
05. Unknown Number
06. Let's Hangout This Weekend
07. He's Outside
08. Good Luck
09. Conversations At The Diner
10. A Thousand Thoughts
11. Brotherly Love
12. Roller Coaster Of Emotions
13. Unexpected Visits
14. Stay
15. I Need You
16. Sweetheart
17. Butterflies
18. Alone
19. I Missed You
20. Apologies
21. My Person
22. Officially Official
23. Meeting The Parents
24. Thanksgiving With The Hernandez's
25. Catching Up
26. Spend The Night?
27. Jealousy
28. Time To Talk
29. Photoshoot
30. The "L" Word
31. Advice
32. Gifts Of Love
33. Reuben's Car
34. New Year, New Argument?
35. Morning Talks
36. Parties And Pillows
37. Marisela
38. Girls Trip...Plus Boys
39. Safe
40. When In New York
41. Can't Wait
42. Always
43. Permission
44. Drunk Mateo, Fun Mateo
45. Lovely Night
46. New Beginnings
Epilogue

Bonus Chapter: Oh Baby!

4.6K 112 45
By kjocelyn81

It's four in the morning and we are on our way to the hospital. I can't lie and say I'm not nervous, I've been wanting to meet little Santiago ever since Veronica told me we were pregnant.

"Okay are you sure we have everything? Never mind I was in charge of putting everything in the truck. I'm sure I did. Are you okay? Do you need-"

"Mateo! Just drive to the hospital!" Veronica yells out beside me, she holds her stomach and tries to control her breathing.

Her water broke and I woke up in a panic. These past few nights I haven't been sleeping well. I'm always making sure she and the baby are okay. She's been tired too, I mean I can't even imagine how it feels.

Pulling into the hospital, I stop the truck in front of the ER doors. I turn off the truck right away and run towards Veronica's side. Her stomach is big as ever as she wears a loose white long sleeve.

She grabs hold of my shoulder and I grab her other hand so she can step off the truck carefully. She wobbles to the door, her right arm clutches my form arm while the other holds her stomach.

The automatic door opens and we're met with cold air. The lady at the front rushes over to us with a wheelchair already in hand. Veronica attempts to send her a smile but stops once she feels a contraction again.

"Oh dear! Let's get you to a room." She lets go of the chair once it's behind us and goes to Veronica's other side and gently grabs her arm. We both gently sit Veronica down on the wheelchair and the nurse begins to lead us to a room.

By the time we get to the room, Veronica's contractions are getting closer apart. She takes deep breaths like the book told her too. She's been reading a lot of pregnancy books, she even gets me to read them.

When we get to the room, it feels like all the information I read to prepare myself, disappears.

~

"That deep breaths love." I brush Veronica's hair back from her sticky forehead as the nurses hold up her legs. We've been pushing for almost ten minutes but Baby Santiago isn't coming out.

"You got this, you can make it happen love. Soon we'll-"

"Mateo! Shut up!" Veronica yells out. She's heaving out air and is not in the mood. She's cried a bunch of times which is understandable.

I turn to look at the nurses and they all send me a small smile. I turned back to Veronica to see her looking up and breathing in and out threw her lips. Tears flow down the side of her face and her chest is living up and down.

"Okay one more big push." The doctor says and nods her head for encouragement. Veronica shakes her head and lets out a sob.

"I can't! It hurts, I can't!"

Brushing some more hair out of her face again, I lean down and kiss her forehead. If I could switch places with her and be the one in pain, I would do it in a heartbeat.

"Baby you have to push." I say, she shakes her head no and looks up at me with those teary eyes.

"No I can't." My chest tightens at her words.

"Listen Veronica," I say in a serious tone. "Once this is all over, we can go home and show little Santiago his new home and how much we love him. Now, push this baby out. Now." I wipe the tear drops from her cheeks and give her a firm nod.

She takes a deep breath and nods her head. She looks down at the doctor and nods once again. "Okay. Push on three."

"1...2...3"

Veronica closes her eyes and begins to push. Her hand squeezes mine tightly and I brush back her hair. And before we know it, the cries of our baby boy are heard around the room.

"Here he is!" One of the nurses unbuttons Veronica's hospital gown and lays little Santiago on her chest. Tears fill up my eyes as I look down at the baby with a head full of hair.

"Hi baby," Veronica whispers and lets out a small laugh. She looks up at me with a happy smile as some tears fall down her cheeks. I lean down and kiss the lips I love and rest my forehead against hers. "I love you so much."

"I love you Veronica."

"He's perfect."

~

We spent a day at the hospital after Santiago was born, his head full of hair is what stands out. He has Veronica's eyes and cute button nose. Mom and Veronica say he has my face shape. He's everything.

Everyone has come to visit us, even Adam and his girlfriend. Little Santiago is finally here and I can't get enough of him.

We're finally home after a long day. Veronica is sitting in the back with Santiago as I park the truck. Looking at the rear view mirror, my heart beats fast as I see the love of my life staring at our son.

Her eyes are barely open but she still manages to show all her love to Santiago. When I get off the truck and open Veronica's door, I see little Santiago sound asleep.

"Let's go inside so you can rest." Vero only nods and grabs my hand. Once she's out of the truck, I grab Santiago's car seat and carefully close the door.

Walking slowly with my hand on Veronica's lower back, we make it to the front door of our apartment. I set the car seat down next to me slowly and open the front door. It's nice being home and finally having our baby here with us.

"Welcome to our little home baby Santiago." I whisper, Veronica's hand places itself on my back.

"We're parents," she whispers and I nod. Turning my head to look down at her, I take notice of all of her lovely features. Leaning down to peck her forehead, I stay there for a second just enjoying the moment.

"I love you Mateo."

"I love you, always."

Right after I finish saying that, Santiago lets out a little cry. Veronica and I smile at each other and I now know that this is the start of a new part in our life.

~

Two Years Later

"Santiago let me change you!" Little Santiago is running around naked, Veronica chases after him with his clothes in his hand.

I never thought at age twenty I would be coming home to my fiancé and son. It's a great feeling, whenever I have a rough day at the shop, Veronica and Santiago always make it better.

"Hey babe," I walk to Veronica who is now just watching Santiago run around the living room. "He's still doing this."

"Yes, and he doesn't listen to me. At all." She leans into my side. Santiago still hasn't noticed I'm here. A bright smile is on his face, his dark hair is falling over his eyes slightly. My boy.

"Santi," I say, he stops running and turns to face me.

"Daddy!" He starts running towards me, I crouch down until his small arms wrap around my neck. "Daddy play!"

"We'll play right now, but you first have to let Mommy change you. Okay?" He looks up at Veronica who has a small smile on her face. She extends her arms towards him and he jumps into her embrace.

"I swear he doesn't listen to me unless you're around." She exhaled, Santiago keeps moving around in her arms laughing and smiling. I watch as they disappear up the staircase.

I love my life.

~

"He's finally asleep," I walk back into our room and find Veronica already in bed. She's trying to keep her eyes open, a sleepy smile is on her lips as she looks at me with her droopy eyes.

"Mmm"

Laying down next to Veronica, I turn off the lamp and pull Veronica close to me. Her rose scent is still prominent, the scent that calms me down.

"I love you," I whisper. My eyes shut and I fall asleep thinking about my perfect family.

~

"Daddy," A small hand touches my shoulder and shakes it. My eyes open immediately at the sound of Santiago's voice, I turn over to turn on the lamp and find Santiago holding his elephant.

Veronica is sound asleep on the other side of the bed, she must've been super tired.

"What's wrong Santi." He gets closer to the bed until he's right by my head, his eyes are wide open.

"Monster."

"Oh Santiago, there isn't a monster. Do you wanna sleep with me?" He nods his head immediately and begins to grab onto me. I grab his small body and lay him between Veronica and I.

"Yay!" He yells out and I try not to laugh.

"Shh you have to be quiet, Mommy is sleeping."

"Ohh I quiet."

He cuddles his stuffed elephant and moves closer to Veronica. It's quiet for the next few minutes but I'm able to tell he's still awake.

"Go to sleep baby," Veronica mumbles and Santiago laughs.

"No."

Veronica turns around after his answer and huffs out some air. She looks up at me and sends me a small smile.

"I'm gonna tickle you," before Santiago can get up and leave. Veronica begins to tickle and his laugh is heard all around the room. Watching him have that bright smile on his face makes me just want to spend every second with him.

Veronica has been so strong these past two years, she's there for both of us all the time. When Santiago falls and scrapes his knee, she's there. She's there when I don't have a good day at the shop, she helps me feel better.

Every morning she wakes up before us to get everything ready for the day. Even if her and Santiago stays home she always finds little things to keep him occupied.

"No more Mommy!"

"Okay no more. But you have to go to sleep, baby. We're going to grandma's house early tomorrow." Santiago claps his hands and calms down.

I turn off the lamp and lay back down. All of us settle down and get comfortable.

"Goodnight Mommy. Goodnight Daddy."

"Night baby, we love you."

My eyes get heavy for the second time tonight and I fall asleep with my perfect little family.

~~~~~~
hello my lovelies! i missed writing for veronica and mateo so i decided to write this bonus chapter! there will be more chapters to come! i haven't written a lot since school has kept me so busy but i will try my best to write more!! I LOVE YOU ALL<333

-jocelyn<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

210K 5.8K 61
"I need you to be the put together one because I'm so fucked up. You've saved me." He whispers. "Carter, we saved each other." I mutter looking at hi...
124K 3.2K 78
My lips part slightly, as I watch her move her body to the rhythm. She runs her hands through her hair as she moves her body sensually slow with her...
4.5K 94 29
COMPLETED✅ Two high school teenagers finding themselves, analyzing this ever changing world, and building love. This is the type of love you wish you...
470 72 21
I didn't know a meeting could change all my perspective of life. It's like I'm stuck in a romance kind of movie. Everything is PERFECT. But I'm afrai...