PLAY WITH ME (18+)

By ANGELES_DIANA

Avelina, a young bright mind that dreams of falling in love. When she was just a child she would lean back on... More

COPYRIGHT
AESTHETIC
ONE
TWO
SANTIAGO

THREE

618 16 6
By ANGELES_DIANA

AVELINA
___

"Olivia please hurry! You know you have to go to Ariana's boutique to get our raiments and your father's suit, and later in the afternoon, we have to hit the salon!"

"Yes, mother I heard you!" She was outside my room door rushing and making my stress level peak. It was eight in the morning and I'd just gotten out of the shower, and now getting ready for a very hectic day. We have royalty coming home today it seems. I scoff at all of the unnecessary commotions that are happening.

I genuinely don't understand all of this disturbance for some people I've never met. I headed down to the first floor where I came in contact with the staff cleaning the floors and the furniture. From the front door came a few florists carrying bouquets, this made me roll my eyes. "How gratuitous," I whispered underneath my breath.

"Mom I'm heading out to get the dressing, I'll meet you at the salon!" I yelled before grabbing my keys. "All right Hunny!" came her distant reply.

After grabbing my parent's and I's raiment's I headed to a local café to get some breakfast. The bell rang grabbing the attention of a young girl that was talking with one of her co-workers. The café was isolated except for a man dressed in a polo shirt typing away on his laptop.

After eating breakfast I met my mother who was already waiting for me outside of the salon. She was dressed in a floral dress and had an umbrella covering her from the bright summer sun.

"Hi, sweetheart!" She said while giving me a hug and grabbing my face and giving me a peck on the cheek. After our greetings, she directed us inside the salon.

"Welcome girls!" The older woman smiled. She seemed to be in her late forties. She approached us and gave my mom and me a hug; then directed me to another young girl who was going to do my nails. My mom had decided that she wanted to get her hair done, but I found it unnecessary for me to get mine done when the occasion isn't even that important.

Once we were finally at home, I decided that I could paint. I headed out to the back garden that overlooked the lake, and the birds sat in the trees chirping away.

The loud voice of my mother rang in my ears, startlingly me slightly. "Avelina! You have paint all over you! What were you thinking? We have a guest coming over..." My mom groans and dramatically throws her head back.

"You can't give a bad impression, we've talked about this already. You must always look dashing!" I sigh. "Yes mother, I forgot..." I start to gather all of my things clumsily dropping some of the brushes. I pass by my mother and take in her Dior perfume. My peripheral vision catching her face of disapproval. "Sorry," I whisper before sprinting back inside.

I leave everything by the entrance of the door so the staff can take care of it. I run up the stairs, my long dress shirt following behind. I enter my room and take a look at my appearance in the long mirror that sits on one of my walls. Gosh, I look awful. Welp, I guess my mom was right. I don't look presentable there's not even a speck of presentable in my appearance.
___
I head into the shower and quickly rinse my body and face. Once I'm all set I head into my room and see my black dress sitting on my bed as well as some strap-on heel sandals. I slip on my undergarments and then the silky black dress, and move to my vanity where a sapphire set of little studs sit as well as a ring.

I'm guessing my mom brought it over while I was outside painting. After I'm all ready and have styled my hair into a low messy bun I head outside, making my way down the stairs. Looking up I see my mom smiling at me, as did my dad who had a secure arm around her.

I come to the end of the stairs and we huddle up together. "You look, lovely sweetheart." My mom looks at me and tucks a tendril of hair behind my ear. "Thank you mother...you look lovely yourself and so does father." I smile.

"If you excuse me I have to use the washroom." I head down the hall to the washroom. After a few minutes, I hear the doorbell ring. They're here. I take a deep breath, smooth my dress with my hands and head back to the front door.

My shoes echo faintly in the hall, as I hear the distant chatter of my parents and the guests. I must say my mom can be quite loud. Once my eyes hit the back of my parents I situate myself between them, so I'm able to come face to face with the guests.

My dad wraps an arm around my waist and brings me closer to him before introducing me to the couple. More specifically, to the well-toned man. "Mr. Eriksen it's a pleasure to finally introduce you to my daughter, this is my daughter Avelina." My dad pushes me a little closer to Mr. Eriksen.

His aura is intimidating but also gave me a sense of calmness. His cologne makes me feel drowsy and gave me a floating like sensation as if I'm dreaming. His dark blue eyes make me nervous due to the way they are penetrating me.

I quickly snap out of my trance and extend my hand for a handshake and give him the biggest smile I could muster. "It's a pleasure to meet you, sir." "The pleasure is all mine." He speaks, his voice is smooth almost in a silky tone but deep, and has a rough touch to it. He grabs my hand in his which is adorned in many rings that sit on each finger. But there is one that stands out the most; his wedding band sparkles under the light greeting me. He brings my hand to his full rosy lips and gives it a kiss of hello. His lips, they're warm and soft, his actions make a slight shiver go down my spine.

"Nice meeting you Avelina." I hear Mrs. Eriksen who is staring straight at me after our court greetings with Mr. Eriksen. Mrs. Eriksen comes closer giving me a hug. Making me uncomfortable due to the fact that I'm not the biggest fan of affection, her hug seeming forced and rough, it's not welcoming in any way.
___
After everyone has been introduced, my mom leads everyone toward the dining room. I notice that Mrs. Eriksen is taking in all of our decorations, head tilted upwards to get a better look at the paintings on the high walls. Some that I've done and some I've bought.

I stray behind so I feel less naked in the eyes of everyone. Also so I can take a better look at the attire that Mr. Eriksen is wearing, which consists of a nice suit. His blazer, a dark green, with a black turtle shirt that sculpts his physique nicely. The black dress pants aren't tight nor loose but just sit perfectly on him. Almost as if he felt my roaming eyes he turned his head, and once he found my curious eyes he licked his lips and smirked at me. I felt a flush creep up on my cheeks as I quickly studied the very interesting design on the floor that I'd seen a thousand times.

When we came to the dining room, I take my usual seat; for when we have guests over, which consists of sitting next to my mother while my father takes a seat at the head of the dining table.

Mr. Eriksen situates himself right across from me after he had pulled the chair out for his wife. He gives me a little closed-lip smile which I return, and awkwardly face the direction of my father. This man is too attractive for his good; as well as mine.

The dinner so far consists of my mother and father talking between the Eriksen's while I just keep taking slow, precise bites of my salmon, staring off at the large portrait of our estate that is hanging up on the wall.

"Mr. Jones, your family seems to have a fascination with painting; I must ask, who is the main artist that you have in your home? I'd like to get in contact with them so they can make a portrait of my mother's garden." Mr. Eriksen asked, his voice full of wonder.

"Oh, it's my daughter who has done most of these paintings that you see hanging." My dad proudly announces, causing utter shock from Mrs. Eriksen. "Wow, I must say your daughter has a talent." My mom eagerly nods and says. "Yes, she is very talented; did we mentioned that she ice skates and can fluently speak six languages and swims? She was number one on her team."

I look down at my lap to hide my tinted cheeks, but I know it's not very useful since I'm wearing a bun. I shake my head as my mom and father keep bragging about me, yet, not knowing how trying to be perfect has affected my mental health, and how exhausting it is.

"Very impressive..." says Mr. Eriksen, and adds, "I would love to have a painting of my mother's garden at my new house, and I would very much enjoy that Avelina does it." He then adds. "Of course, if she doesn't mind and is free to do so." All eyes are on me now, forcing me to look up. "Umm..." I'm quickly interrupted by my mother, who giggles. "Of course she would like to, she loves to paint, and I'm sure she wouldn't mind, right Avelina? I shake my head and then nod. "Sure, I could do it on the weekends since those are my less hectic days." He unsurely nods. "All right, I'll let you know when you can start." He smiles. I return one as well before looking away.

After our awkward interaction, I eat a little more before pushing my seat away from the table and asking permission to use the washroom. "If you'd excuse me, I need to use the washroom." Mr. Eriksen's seat squeaks hard against the marble floors. "If you wouldn't mind, I would like to accompany you. I also need to use the washroom." I nod "I-sure...ok follow me." I give everyone a tight smile. The reason why I'd excused myself is that I wanted to get away from his colds eyes that gave me a weird feeling. He made me nervous. I hated it. I usually intimidate, I'm the one usually taking control, not the other way around.

I'm in control. I'm always winning at my tennis tournaments as well as my swimming tournaments. Let's not talk about my ice skating competitions. But of course, that is all a façade to hide the fact that I'm miserable due to everyone always expecting the best from me.
___
After travelling in the dark hallways and passing many doors, we finally get to the restroom. I turn to Mr. Eriksen and point towards the direction of the restroom door. "You may use it. I'll use the one that is a few doors down. I think you know the way back...right?" He smirks and nods. "Yes, thank you." I nod and turn on my heel, but before I can travel far, he stopped me. I look down at my arm, which is caged by the strong rough veiny hand of his.

"Umm...yes?" I scrunch my eyebrows and look at him in the eyes. "I'm sorry if I've made you uncomfortable with my request, but I was truly amazed and captivated by your talent. If you wish not to do it, I understand." He pauses and swallows hard. "I understand that working for someone that makes you nervous is not the most pleasing thing, so once again, don't feel forced to accept my offer." I nod.

I don't feel forced by him to accept the offer. I feel more forced by my parents because I know exactly what the reaction of my mother earlier meant; that I'm going to do it whether I want to or not. But in this case I don't mind doing it, because for some odd reason I want to see him again. I know that it's wrong, that I have this want and need to be close to him and get to know him more.

"Don't worry sir, I don't feel pressured to do it, and please don't apologize... you haven't made me uncomfortable." I smile at him, a genuine smile.

He nods and retrieves his hand ."All right then. I'll let you know when you can start."

After our dinner, my father and Mr. Eriksen fled to his study. I was waiting in the kitchen eating some tiramisu when I heard the clicks of their steps. I quickly stood up and ran to the entrance, where I knew they were giving their farewells. But before they decided to leave, I wanted to see Mr. Eriksen once again. I wanted him to see me.

Once I was close to them, I stopped and took and deep breath. From the corner, I appeared. My father seemed like he was waiting for me. "Ah, there she is. Sweetheart, please come over and give them their farewells, please." "Yes, father." I shake Mr. Eriksen hand and look at his eyes. "It has been a pleasure meeting you."

"The pleasure has been all mine."

So... Santiago and Avelina finally met! I know this first meeting wasn't as exciting like in other stories you've probably have read but I'm trying to make the book somewhat realistic so I'm sorry if some of you might be disappointed in the way the first interaction unfolded. But I hope you guys are excited for what's to come in the future and I know that I've been very inactive but I just don't feel as motivated to write and update when I see the readings going up and nobody commenting so if you guys could comment your opinions on the chapter I would greatly appreciate it. It really makes me happy and motivated when I see the comments!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.8M 1.1M 68
Deadly assassins Allegra and Ace have been trying in vain to kill each other for years. With a mutual enemy threatening their mafias, they find thems...