Still Holding On (EDKV 1) [Co...

By Offo_Prarthnaa

Shravan Malhotra and Suman Tiwari were best friends in childhood, but what brings ten long years separation f... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Epilogue ❤️

Part 5

336 24 70
By Offo_Prarthnaa

*Special Thanks to AdhyaAzad and lostinwanderlust for the inline comments. Please do drop them, it feels really nice to see and reply them.!*

Happy Reading! 

(It has been 3 days of this Rahul thing. They just pretend the role of boss and an employee. The morning of Law Nexa was a little different today. Shravan, from the morning itself has been in rage. Employee was scared to go in front of him and talk to him. He badly needed to have some food at this point of time. He just forgot that Suman is the head chef and went to cold-storage room to ask for cooking something.)

Shravan: Chef actually...

(Suman turned on hearing this. Their eyes met. Realisation dawned to him but he was in no mood to argue right now, so he kept saying)

Shravan: I require something to eat and I hope it would be poison free. (He taunted at which he earned a glare to which he responded with same anger.)

Suman: Sure Sir!

(She started preparation. Ria entered after when Shravan left.)

Ria: Hi Suman!

Suman: Hi Ria! Do you require something?

Ria: Yes pls! Sumo special tea. The boss is in a bad mood today and keeping us the same.

Suman: I didn't understand.

Ria: Yaar ek case h. It's a molestation case of 14 year old girl. She has been to India. Yaha ke ek bade businessman ke bete ki kartoot h ye. Wo ladki bhot chote hone ki waja se sadme me h aur ek hafte se ek shabd nhi boli h. Hospital me h. Ab problem ye h ki sare saboot to paisa khilake usne mita diye aur ladki gawahi de nhi skti. To boss kuch zyada hi chilla rha h subah se.

(Suman was listening to all this. When Ria told about the girl, her mind started running through her past. She could understand what the girl must be feeling.)

Ria: Acha tu chai dedena.

Suman: Hmm...

*Don't be confused guys! Ria is Indian :)*

(Her mind suggested two methods:

1. to motivate Shravan for this case

2. to talk to that girl.)

(She made moong dal ka halwa for Shravan. There was a chit Shravan found. It read:

"Shravan, I know you won't like to talk to me. I got to know about the case. We have issues within us but I don't think they will make a difference here. First of all, here is moong dal ka halwa to celebrate your victory before only coz I trust you that you will surely win. Secondly, don't stress yourself too much. After having it, close your eyes and think. You will surely get a solution.

Head chef")

(A small smile appeared on his lips. He was impressed by her way of making motivated. He didn't forget that he has a revenge pending. So, he just thought to put it in dustbin but having an effect of their friendship, he put it in pocket.)

(On the other hand, Suman talked to Ria and convinced her for letting her meet the girl.)

(They both went to hospital. They went to the room where the girl was admitted. Shravan was there trying to let the girl talk. His eye sockets popped out seeing Sumo there. He didn't want her to suffer and see the girl's condition but Suman, without seeing anyone sat beside the girl.)

Ria: Suman said that she wants to try to make the girl speak. So, let her try. We should wait outside.

(Everyone went outside. Shravan didn't want to leave her alone but he had no other option. He just stood near the door seeing not able to listen anything.)

(Suman saw that girl. She was laying down like a statue. She started at her emotionless eyes, her trembling pis. She looked at the scratch marks on her hand. Tears made their way down her cheeks. Suman revived her past thinking about how she was in depression, not able to speak anything after what happened with her. A tear fell on the girl's hand bringing her to present surroundings. She saw Suman crying.)

Girl: Aap ro kyu rhe ho?

Suman: Oh! You can speak Hindi, what's your name?

Girl: Reena. M India me reh chuki hu isliye. Par aap ro kyu rhe ho?

(Shravan was outside the door. He saw through window glass Suman crying. He was gritting his teeth. Soon, what he saw was unbelievable. The girl who didn't speak for a whole week was talking to Suman. He wanted to go inside but stopped thinking about that the girl might get frightened.)

Suman: M aapko btaungi, pr usse pehle aap mujhe ye btao ki aapki haalat esi kyu h aur kisne ki?

Girl: Wo..wo..uncle (she sobbed uncontrollably) (not able to complete)

(Shravan thought it's time to go inside. He barged in the room scaring the girl.)

Girl: Didi...ye..ye (scared)

Suman: Umm..beta aap inse mat daro. Ye aapko insaaf dilaenge. Wo jinhone aapke saath ye kia h unhe punishment dilaenge. Par aapko inhe sab kuch sach btana hoga. Tbhi ye unhe punishment denge.

Girl: Sachi, aap unhe punishment doge? (towards Shravan)

Shravan: Ha beta, m dunga. Aap jo btaoge wo m record kr lunga aur phir unko saza dilwaunga.

(Girl noded.)

(Girl narrated everything. Suman kept holding her hand and caressing her hand assuring that she isn't alone and doesn't need to frighten. Shravan recorded everything. He was really surprised the way Suman tackled the situation. He was still amused that she made the girl speak.)

Shravan: (in his thoughts) Sumo pehle jesi nhi rhi. Bhot badal gyi. Uss din Rahul ne kaha meri waja se committed nhi hui aur aaj bhi uss bachi ko kese smbhala. Shayad wo badal gyi h. Pr ye Rahul ne jo kaha uska mtlb kya ho skta h. Mujhe college ke bare me Pushkar se puchna chaiye.

(All got this good news and appreciated Suman. Suman was hoping to help that girl and she was happy she could do this.)

Suman: Shravan ab to tumhare paas sare saboot h. Pls pehli hearing me hi case khtm krne ki koshish krna.

Shravan: Ya, don't worry. Waise I just must say you did a really job.

(Suman gives a faint smile.)

Shravan: But tell me one thing. Ye sab tumne kia kese, I mean...

Suman: Jab do logo ki situation similar ho, to sb apne aap ho jata h.

Shravan: What do you mean? Kahi ye...

Suman: M...mera..mera mtlb wo bhi ro rhi h, m bhi rone lgi isliye..

Shravan: Tum sach keh rhi ho?

(Just then Eric calls him and says him to come to office.)

Shravan: Ok, I will be there.

(He glances at Suman. They share a short eyelock and then Shravan leaves for office.)

*At office*

Eric: So today our head chef did a great job, It's really impressive.

(Everyone showed their smiles and looks at Suman.)

Eric: So the hearing is day after tomorrow. So I guess we can have a victory party tonight. What say?

Shravan: But Eric, let me just finish up the case you know.

Eric: Shravan, everyone has witnessed the way you were in rage today. Let them and you also have some good time. And talking about the case, you will surely win it. I have full trust on you.

So girls and boys, we'll be having a party tonight. Venue would be declared. Everyone, please show your presence esp. the star of the day Ms. Suman.

Suman: No sir, I can't join the party. I am sorry.

Eric: Please Suman you have to come.

Suman: Ok!

(Soon, they were back to the normal. Shravan hadn't forgotten what she did 10 years ago and Suman didn't forget their conversation in cold storage room.)

So how was the update?

Did you guys like it?

Please do share your views. I have my exams super soon so this is the bonus update as I was not supposed to update this week due to work but still did.

Now the next update would be in the end of July (maybe).

Also, I published a new book yesterday 'Jab We Met', where I have done an update regarding the characters. If you want, the 1st part of it can be updated before break time. Please let me know.

Please do vote, share it, follow the profile also...

Next update on 300 views...Please make sure to accomplish the goal.

Waiting for your responses and inline comments....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 339 9
"Suneeta, Where is everyone?" Indali asked with a huge smile plastered on her face, wrinkles stretched under her eyes. She sat on the single don chai...
64.5K 2.6K 32
why did her brother's roommate have to be so damn fine. 。 ˚ jean kirstein x black!fem!reader 。 ˚ ©LYSUKEI || 2021
ShaRa ✔️ By Lolly

General Fiction

57.1K 5.3K 51
*ROM-COM* COMPLETED #1 in India feb 2023 Want to read a Happy simple cute funny story? ↩️ Not a routine Dramatic indian story. Laugh & enjoy the Lov...
6.9K 844 119
The amount of craziness this book holds, can't be described in the words. It's my journey as a writer. It holds : * TS (Three shots) of Sabherwal t...