Always by your side

By Dlt87wayne

Astrid is a widow who has a daughter and is struggling to pay the debt her husband left her. Their marriage w... More

It Will Be You And Me
Done With Bills, Fear Begins
No Way. We Have To Go
Leaving And On Our Way
Home Sweet Home
A/N
Catching Up
After All These Years
Awkward. This Could've Been Better
First Day But Feels Like Forever
Can We Be Friends Again?
She Is Still Here
Date?
You said it would be me and you
A Little Payback
Not Just Friends
An Interesting Summer
All For You
Little Dreams
Time to be Away
Surprises and Memories
Jury (part 1)
Jury (part 2)
Unexpected or Unwanted
Money or Love
New Begining For All Of Us
Starting From the Beginning
Surprise! Surprise!
We Are A Family
Trying To Start A New Chapter
True Feelings For Home
It's over
Not A Chapter But A New Book
New Changes
Forever Now
I Do
Always By Your Side; Forever
Acknowledgments

Secrets Revealed

237 4 0
By Dlt87wayne

Zephyr was done brushing her teeth and had her pajamas on. Everyone was already in their rooms but Astrid called her down to come to the living room.

"Yes, mom."

"Hey, Hiccup wants to tell you something." Zephyr sat down on the sofa nervously after her mother left to the kitchen and then listened.

"Listen I know you are still a little shaken about what happened."

"That's okay. I feel better now and thanks for letting Toothless stay with me."

"No problem. So Zephyr, your mother told me that you wanted to see the ocean."

"Yeah, I always wanted to see it for myself and have my own pictures."

"Really? Then I was thinking about helping out with that."

"Really? How?"

"If I take you, your mother, and our friends to the beach this weekend and you can take all the pictures you like."

"You're going to take me to the sea?"

"If you want to." Zephyr was so happy that she jumped for joy and for the first time, she jumped on Hiccup to give him a huge hug. Hiccup froze for a bit but returned it. Little did the two know that Astrid and Heather were watching. Astrid was so moved and excited because it has been a while that she has been out in the sea. The moment was interrupted when the phone rang and Heather ran to get it. 

"Oh of course, (whispered) Astrid."

"Thanks," she left to go outside on the porch, "Yes? Oh hi."

"Astrid this is me how are you doing?"

"We are doing just fine, better to be more specific."

"Good, listen. A court hearing is now scheduled for next week but something popped up and it will affect how things will go."

"Really, how?"

"It turns out your former husband already had plans for his daughter and the script was found in his records."

"What?! I was not aware of any of this. But when she was born he made it clear to not have anything to do with her."

"I understand which is why we have to meet before the court hearing. I will email you the information you need. Okay?"

"Okay, thank you." All she could do was lean against the wall and let quiet tears fall. 

Meanwhile, inside the house, Zephyr and Hiccup were talking and having a good time. She wasn't even tired at all. 

"When I went to your house, I saw a notebook and there was a sketch of a leg made of metal."

"Oh, that. It was for something I needed."

"You?"

"Yeah, well I think you should probably go to bed. You seem pretty drowsy."

"Okay (yawns) but where is momma."

"Outside I'll go get her and she will meet you in your room. Okay."

"Okay." Zephyr left upstairs and went into her room while Hiccup went out to find Astrid sitting on one of the chairs. 

"Astrid?"

"Oh, Hiccup. It... its"

"Hey, there is no problem. I wanted to do her a favor. And you as well." Astrid simply smiled but then started to sob and tears were coming down like waterfalls.
"Astrid is everything alright?"
She took a deep breath and just told him what the attorney told her. All Hiccup could do was hold her in his arms and he kissed her head.

"It's not over you know." She nodded and then they went inside, to say goodnight to Zephyr. He left after wishing Astrid good night and the day was over.

The next day Astrid told Iduna everything and like everyone, she didn't want Zephyr to leave them where she isn't going to be 100% safe. 

"When will the trial be?"

"Next weekend which is perfect because Hiccup invited us to go to his family's beach house this weekend."

"So I heard. Well, Elsa is not going to go and neither is Anna or Moana."

"How come?"

"Well, Elsa is working on something, Moana has something going on with her job and Anna well, we know what is happening."

"Right. I am glad Zephyr is going to make her dream come true."

"Yes, and it will be good for you too because you need to rest your mind from all that is going on."

"I have to say that I agree."

"(chuckles) Okay now, we should be getting ready for work."

"Oh yeah." Astrid got up and got dressed to be ready to go.

All that week the gang talked about their vacation to Myrtle Beach and Malarie told Zephyr that she will show her all of the special places when they go. Zephyr was beyond excited but still had that picture of the metal leg in her mind.

Hiccup did as well. He knew he had to tell Astrid about his leg and his accident. He just didn't know how and he was punishing himself for waiting so long for it. He decided to tell her that night as he invited her to the lake.

Meanwhile, it was Jack's time to leave and he came for dinner one last time. As he was getting ready in his car...

"Jack."

"Elsa."

"Good travels and give you mom and sister my best wishes."

"Thanks, I will. Oh and before I leave this is for you." It was a medium blue box with a ribbon on it.

"I know you will take care of it." Elsa slightly blushed and couldn't help herself that she kissed Jack on the cheek causing him to blush.

"Come back soon." She whispered and he smiled and got in his car. It felt like ages for her that the car was beginning to disappear in the distance. When she turned around she noticed how Heather was giving her a smirk.

"What?"

"Nothing, I was just admiring the view."

"Really?"

"Okay fine so..."

"I have no clue."

"Well come on the kids want to show us something."

"Sure." The women entered the house to watch the talent show the kids had planned for the adults. Everyone enjoyed it and Astrid got a text from Hiccup to meet her at the lake.

"Hiccup."

"Here I am."

"As if you were hard to find. Is there something going on?"

"I just wanted to, umm... well..."

"Are you alright?" Hiccup was quiet and invited her to sit on the log while the fireflies were flying around with the sound of the crickets. 

"Astrid there is something I haven't told you and I can't wait any longer." Astrid was left wondering and worried because the sound of his voice was serious.

"Astrid, 6 years ago I was involved in an accident when I was in the city. As I was on my way home from my trip, a drunk driver hit me and caused a coalition. I was hit pretty badly and my leg got stuck under the door that got smashed towards me. It was so damaged that it required amputation. I was given a prosthetic but over the years I have created my own design to not call the attention and not make it look like I have one." He lifted his pants and showed her the prosthetic. Astrid was in shock, she wasn't mad but she felt hurt. But then hearing about a drunk driver brought back a memory.

"Hiccup you said it was 6 years ago?"

"Yeah, why?"

"It's just that, he was... where were you?"

It took him a while to answer when he realized what his answer was, "Pittsburg," he said slowly.

Astrid stared at him blankly and then all of those memories of her being at the hospital where her former husband was because HE was the drunk driver. She didn't know much of all the details of the crash because she had a baby to take care of. All she knew is that he caused many cars to crash and traffic was a nightmare that day. 

"Hiccup was this during a late afternoon in October?"

"Why?"

"Was it?"

"... Yes it was." She was beginning to break because even though she didn't want to add the puzzle pieces together, it got together anyway and she couldn't control it no matter how much she was denying it. 

"Hiccup I... I..."

"What?"

"You were in Pittsburg when Zephyr was only a few months old. And... and you..."

"Astrid what are you saying? What does Zephyr's birth have to do with this?"

"Hiccup what do you know about the accident? Just answer my question." Hiccup knew he should never leave Astrid hanging on a question.

"The news said that they found a half-empty bottle of scotch in the middle of..."

"The driver and passenger seat," she finished and she was beginning to break down but kept it together, "Hiccup, that man was John. That morning he came to my apartment and gave me divorce papers. He didn't seem drunk but he... wanted to end everything and didn't care about Zephyr and didn't even notice her. He told me... 'go back to your southern ranch with that bun' referring to Zephyr. I... I got a call later that afternoon and I was told to go to the hospital to see him but once they told me everything his mother's rage started. Ingrid's malfeasance was beginning. Hiccup I am so sorry." Hiccup was in shock and couldn't believe what just happened. He was not so far from her after all and she had more to lose than what he had lost. He pulled her closer to him.

''I am sorry for keeping this from you and I think I should've told you sooner."

"Yeah but...  I am sorry for everything."

"Why? It wasn't your fault."

"No Hiccup. It is... before I told him to get out. I called him out and he started to call me names and it got so intense that we were yelling to the top of our lungs waking Zephyr up. When he came closer to me while I was holding her, he just said that if I loved him, I would've understood why he wanted a boy and would've given Zephyr up. I told him that maybe he should go to where he usually goes when he is not in his office to see if what he wanted was there. If 'she' is as selfish and cruel as he is, there was his match. I didn't think he would really..."

"Astrid stop it. You said what you had to say but listen, it is NOT your fault. You were being a mother and he was in the wrong for saying that and doing what he did to you before that. You are an excellent mother and Zephyr couldn't ask for a better one." Astrid was moved but she also had another feeling and Hiccup felt it too.

They stared at each other for a while until Hiccup made the first move by uniting their lips together and Astrid responded to it. It was a long and gentle kiss until they separated and still had their eyes closed. Their foreheads were touching and were there just quietly and breathing until Hiccup whispered:

"I love you Astrid Hofferson." It was silent for a moment until she said: "I love you too Hiccup Haddock." They kissed again and then separated but stayed close and it was quiet between the two until she whispered:

"Doctor Haddock."

"Hmm."

"I have a baby waiting for me."

"Okay." They got up and left for his car and he drove her home.

Back at home

"So, what's in the box?"

"I-I don't know."

"Well we won't rush you. Common Malarie let's get you washed up."

"Okay."

"Same thing for both of you kids, and Zephyr?"

"I want to wait for my mom."

"You can come back here after you brush your teeth darling."

"Okay grandma Iduna." Everyone went upstairs and Elsa closed her bedroom door. She was on her bed and she opened the box Jack gave her and it was the necklace and a note. 

She was left wondering until she read the note:

Elsa, this was made for you. Knowing you took care of it made me believe that only you can keep it safe. I am sure my grandmother and my mother would've agreed. I will be back soon and I hope I see you at your house. I also do hope there could be an us again.

Yours truly,

Jack

Elsa closed the box and fell on her bed just staring at the ceiling. She really wanted to be with Jack but there was one thing that she was afraid of, marriage. Why? She was just afraid of such commitment and didn't want to make a mistake and hurt Jack or herself. She was afraid of what that could hold.

Astrid and Hiccup arrived and she saw that all the lights were off.

"Hiccup could you turn off the lights, I don't want to wake anyone up."

"Sure." He pulled in quietly and then stopped.

"You really didn't have to do any of this."

"Any of what?"

"Well for starters, you didn't have to be nice to me or be close to Zephyr. And you can hate me and I wouldn't blame you."

"Astrid none of what happened to me was your fault. That was just an unfortunate encounter and then THAT happened. None of us knew but you know what's funny?"

"What?"

"That we were at the same place but just not at a good moment  for ourselves and unfortunately we both lost something."

"Yeah, but his loss was not a major thing. It was my safety and well... we know why I ended up here."

"Do you regret coming? I mean what do you plan to do after the whole Ingrid situation?"

"... well... stay here of course and maybe... let time tell." They were both quiet but Astrid knew she had to leave.

"Goodnight milady, and tell Zephyr goodnight for me."

"Of course," she reached over and kissed him, "goodnight." Astrid entered quietly and went upstairs to check on Zephyr. Zephyr was not entirely sleeping and was happy to see her mother.

"Hi mom," she whispered.

"Hi. I see you that you are in bed and all washed up."

"Yeah. Were you with Hiccup?"

"Yeah. He wishes you goodnight." She smiled at that.

"He is a good man."

"Yes, he is."

"Will you two get married?"

"Zephyr what kind of question is that?"

"Well, you two seem to like each other a lot." Astrid laughter while she was blushing.

"Mom, why did you leave him?"

"It's a long story."

"But we wouldn't be chased by Ingrid."

"No, but, I wouldn't have had you. I wouldn't replace you with anything in the world, you are the best thing that has happened to me." She kissed her forehead and Zephyr just smiled at her mother.

"Now sleep. I'll see you in the morning okay."

"Okay, goodnight."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the long wait. The good news is that I now have more time now that I have things sorted out and now I have time to update and write once a week.

So, don't you think it was nice of Hiccup to do that for Astrid and Zephyr? 

Don't worry Jack will be back and hopefully, Elsa lets go of her fears.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.9K 991 29
Hiccup and Astrid Runaway from berk because they know berk will never change their minds about dragons. The found dragons' edge and have allies and e...
76.2K 2K 50
Her parents died when she was thirteen and she had no idea what to do with herself. Having to flip her life over, she moved to a different city, star...
3.8K 116 24
Y/N Swan was an adopted Daughter of Charlie Swan, She's kind, curious, stubborn, adventurous, compassionate, and courageous. But everything change...
21.6K 116 50
Just a few made up stories that I wish happened in HTTYD and RTTE or after they all ended... please read and enjoy!