Red

由 XXrogueXlucyXX

Ruby's village stays confined to a forest that surrounds the village. No one would dare to attempt to escape... 更多

Prologue
One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
Eleven.
Twelve.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Sixteen.
Seventeen.
Eighteen.
Nineteen.
Twenty.
Twenty-One.
Twenty-Two.
Twenty-Three.
Twenty-Four.
Twenty-Five.
Twenty-Six.
Twenty-Seven.
Twenty-Eight.
Twenty-Nine.
Thirty.
Thirty-One.
Thirty-Two.
Thirty-Three.
Thirty-Four.
Thirty-Five.
Thirty-Six.
Thirty-Seven.
Thirty-Nine.
Forty.
Epilogue.

Thirty-Eight.

746 31 12
由 XXrogueXlucyXX

I never knew how stressful getting to the forest would be. Chaos had descended on the village. Numerous wolves poured from the forest going for the guards as people ran. Horses broke free and ran loose.

People were on some horses and carts were being loaded as the 'innocent' fled the village. I saw a black and grey wolf throw itself at a guard and tear his throat out before chasing after more.

I never knew how many guards there were until I saw them today. I had a feeling not all were guards, but men Isaac had rallied to his cause. A dumb cause resulting in this.

Isaac had taken off and I caught Court chasing after him. Lyk had given me a signal to get out of here like the rest of the humans fleeing. But everywhere I went there was someone blocking my path.

At one point a cart on fire came rolling past as a scream left my lips.

The cart barely missed me as I ran in the other direction. Finally, the forest came into view, and I sprinted in the direction. I was gasping for breath as my freedom looked at me.

I could run away. Court was too busy and none of the wolves had time to even get me back to the cabin. If I wandered enough or snatched a one of the fleeing horses and calmed it, I could take off into the forest. Court told me there were cities nearby.

I didn't know the path, but I could find it. Or be caught by one of the wolves.

I never got a chance to decide when arms grabbed me, and I screamed. "Caught you, you little bitch." I struggled in the man's grasp screaming and trying to hit him. I caught a glimpse of the outfit of the guard as he dragged me back towards the village.

Suddenly he let go of me and collapsed to the ground with a white wolf on top of him shaking him by his neck. Then the wolf snapped the man's neck and snarled at the corpse.

Golden eyes met mine as the wolf watched me his ears perking up.

Then bolts fired into him as he let out the most horrid yelp and stumbled backwards as his side was pelted with bolts. Another man stood there with a crossbow with a grin. 

It was wiped out when a dark colored wolf slammed into him and tore into him before running over as I turned to the white wolf who had shifted back clutching his side.

"Lyell?"

I never got to say anything more before Xerxes appeared and lifted Lyell up as two wolves came over.

"Get out of here Ruby." Xerxes turned to me as one of the wolves shifted and began to help Lyell out.

"Is he okay?" I asked.

"Ruby you need to go. Okay, just get back into the forest. I'm sure you can find the cabin or at least somewhere to stay and wait for one of us." Xerxes ordered and I backed away.

With no choice but to obey I headed into the forest. This time there was nothing stopping me as I ran into the forest before stopping for breath. I looked up as I heard trees breaking. Fear shot up me as I turned around before it deflated.

There in front of me stood a tall white horse with black spots across him and soot staining his coat.

"Celeste?"

Celeste looked over at me and made a whinny before coming over recognizing me. I walked over and ran my hand over his neck before going over to his side. He had always been tall but standing next to him made him seem gigantic.

Court had always helped me onto Celeste, but I knew Celeste would be faster than walking. And he had to know the way home.

I put my hands up onto his withers and jumped up managing to get my front half onto him as he as he took a step forward. I grabbed onto his mane before hauling myself up onto him. I flinched when I heard my dress ripping but I didn't have time to check.

My hands remained in his mane as Court stomped at the ground and I patted his neck.

"Good boy, let's go home." I told him lightly tapping him as Celeste began the journey back.

Court had many people here who's blood he'd love to spill.

The beast in him howled to kill all those who watched and never did anything. Those who didn't even protest when the guard killed his father. The same guard he killed. To bring all of them to the justice of his pack.

The part his parents raised; the prince wanted to give some of them a chance to escape.

Citizens weren't guilty of the crimes of others. His wolf argued guilty by association. They came to a middle ground to kill those who hadn't fled.

Most of them were intelligent enough to flee. 

Now Court had resorted to chasing down the one who started it all. The woodsman son Isaac. 

He had taken off after Thorin had torn out Aron's throat and the rest of the wolves descended upon the village. 

Court had his scent though and he'd be damned if he let Isaac get away. He didn't have any faith in Isaac surviving the monsters in the forests, but he wouldn't risk it. Nothing would stop him from ending Isaac.

Rage rushed through Court just thinking of him.

He followed his scent before he went in another direction but continued to tail Isaac. He wanted to give the bastard an illusion of safety. 

Isaac came into view running as he collapsed on the ground and Court stilled and lowered his body down watching him.

Isaac's hands grasped at cold snow which melted within his fingers and burning them red. He looked around and listened to the forest. He didn't hear any wolves chasing him. He could hear some of the howls from the distance, but he knew they were from the village.

Smoke raised into the air where numerous buildings in the village had been set on fire. This hadn't gone the way he planned.

"Fuck." Isaac hit the snow.

He was out in the woods all by himself. No horse, no weapons, nothing on him except the clothes he had escaped with. Flynn is dead and now Aron is too. His parents had been killed as well. He had no idea what to do.

Isaac looked around. He needed to get moving though. He saw Court chasing after him. He hoped he had thrown him off enough to run.

Isaac knew if he traveled enough, he'd be bound to run into another town. His only fear at this point would be running into another town controlled by the savage wolves.

He wasn't sure what they were, but they weren't normal. He had seen with his own eyes Court turn into a wolf. Whatever they are is dangerous. For all he knows they could have numerous towns under control.

Isaac was never good at seeing the bigger picture.

He forced himself to his feet as Court raised himself slowly. Now is the time to strike. He saw Isaac smile thinking he had made it out alive. 

With that he stepped out and let out the most vicious growl he could muster.

Isaac went still. He turned around and made eye contact where Court stood his hackles on end and teeth bared.

Court didn't waste any time lunging forward at Isaac as the two fell to the ground. Isaac got off one punch before Court tore his throat out before maiming his body beyond recognition. For good measure he tore him apart to the point he was in pieces.

Finally, Court let go and glared at the corpse of a man he had attempted to help and in response betrayed him.

He let out a howl before taking off to the village to clean up the aftermath that had been caused.

Court liked to believe Lyk might be the reason for Thorin's softness today.

When he arrived back at the village, he expected Thorin to demand the execution of all the townsfolk, but he seemed satisfied by the slaughter of the guards.

Lyk was nowhere to be found as Court shifted back and clothed himself.

The fires raged in some buildings as he looked where his family home was. He wasn't sure if his mother was still in there. If she was he'd make it his priority to get her out and put her on the road to leave somewhere safe.

He'd personally make sure she was escorted.

"Everything has been handled?" Court asked.

"All of the humans had fought back have been handled. Lyk suggested we guide the surviving humans out of the forest and to the cities." Thorin told him.

"And do you agree with that plan?" I asked.

"I know my uncle does it for his half breed son. But if it's what we can all agree on then I am willing to try it. We'll have to be careful though. All this bloodshed and fire is bound to attract something from the forest. Us going with them would be their best chance of survival."

Thorin wasn't wrong. The creatures of the forest were drawn to the scent of blood, and this would attract them in. They might be the only chance of them surviving.

"Then it's settled. After we are all healed, we guide them. How are our losses?" Court asked.

"My pack lost a young male wolf and yours lost an elder defending. Nothing too serious since they weren't prepared. . . your brother is injured though." Court's calm posture disappeared.

"Which one?" Court asked.

"Lyell, he was shot, but Xerxes took him away." Thorin answered and Court nodded.

"Where is Ruby?" Court asked.

"She went into the forest. We sent her off after all of this happened. I'm sure you can find her." Thorin told him and Court nodded.

"You have this from here?" Court asked and Thorin nodded as he turned on the two packs and began barking orders as Court left for the castle to see if his mom was there and then to find his darling Ruby.

1664. So excited for this! Probably one more chapter and The Forest starts. ***

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

34.4M 667K 44
❝Let me make that tingling sensation in between your thighs disappear, it will take only a moment, Red.❞ Only 60% of book is free / Sample only Red...
572K 17K 23
On the morning of her 21st birthday, Neera awakens to find her mate brand marks her as the Destined One for none other than the Alpha of her pack. Sh...
168 18 7
The wolves of the wood who were once men who had families and lives had been those victimized by the old legend, men were chosen by members of a grou...
351 19 9
Humans are forced to dwell behind walls and live in fear because of vicious werewolves on the loose. Red Maccale a human girl did something years ago...