You're Mine

By jiyuuchie

She was just a masterpiece trying to master peace,...But of course there's always that one fuck up. Zephyr, a... More

Hey
Vivid Dreams
Deeper than Still Waters
Haunting
Reach 4 You...
Make-Believe

Running Away is Easy...

74 3 33
By jiyuuchie

A/N: y'all don't kill me now! I swear this story was always on my mind, I just didn't know how to go about it. But with some heavy thinking, I finally know what I want to do.

I beg your forgiveness because WHO TF TAKE THIS LONG TO UPDATE!?!??!?!?

Bruh! If only my mind can conjure the picture I have in my mind transcribe on my phone then it'll be so much quicker for me to update 🤣🤣

I do hope you all enjoy this update. Again forgive me if there are any mistakes. I wanted to get this out to you guys as soon as possible. To those who are still here I love you and thank you. This ones for you! ❤️

Music

🎶Victoria Monét - F.U.C.K 🎶Omarion - Obsession🎶 Mr Carmack & Kehlani - All In (Lyrics that Zephyr sing)

Disclaimer
I do not own the songs listed in this story. Only My OC and original story

❤️&☮️

Chapter VII

To avoiding potentially drowning in the middle of the sea, Grimmjow had a right to celebrate tonight. The strobelights flashed over like minded individuals however Yammy decided to stay home for whatever reason. Ulquiorra of course didn't answer the phone. Nnoitra, already preoccupied himself with Intoxication. The Panther King only had himself to prowl the floor, content with his lonesome.

While finessing through the dancing crowd, around him seem to be moving too slow or not at all, coming to the realization of it. In this isolation, the bottle of the expensive champagne touching his lips, feeling like the baddest man walking and he had the right to be. Grimmjow, the King, in his element. So why should he look over her shoulder? Who had the balls to dare him?

The bottom of the bottle was the only destination he had in mind. Boots leading him no where in particular. The music slow and reverbed in his ears now. The many eyes he seem to capture he paid little heed to though who caught his own, happen to be the exception. A strawberry-blonde who paid him and everyone else dust. What moved Grimmjow however, also controlled the once impulsive nature brewing within. So instead of indulging in such whims, or lusts, the Sexta carried on to a empty section. One he could have all to himself.

To simply...think.

Usually he wasn't one to harp on the past, but lately it's been proven that was a farce. It's become his new passtime. Something to look at so he could correct his mistakes. To move like the calculated panther he once was. He needed to get back to that.

To that beast of a man.

With his boss's money secured and out of the way. He remember walking in to the situation as if he was invincible. The fucking turd of the balding bastard had the money but there was something in that asshole's eyes that resonated with Grimmjow merely because he knew that look all too well. After all, how would a man look at you knowing you threatened his wife and children?

Chuckling to himself, Grimmjow lounge back into his seat bringing the bottle back to his lips. Eyes trained on the beauty in the rainbow dress. More of a focus point as his mind carried on tonight's events before arriving here.

That woman across the room doesn't even know how in the moment she hold his attention. A constant reminder that right now, in his line of work this is a luxury, this is his reality. She doesn'tknow him, what he does or what's he like. It's not like she was random. He knew of her, this beauty Rangiku. He's seen her around whenever the company or shall he say old-man Yamamoto, called for a company meeting. But he's never seen her outside of that. Only now during his observation that he knew she enjoyed dancing since this would be the third song she move to. Many of them he knew but never truly got to know.

Las Noches had their order of buisness. Stayed to themselves and beliefs while Soul Society the same archaic way only coming together when there was a need to be. Long as neither got in the other way. So much for companies joining together. As this ring true, and with Las Noches still carrying on their own ways, that also meant Grimmjow and some of the others still maintaining this side gig of theirs.

If he could trade lives with this woman, Would he? What it must feel like to live so righteous in this kind of world. To never having to get your hands dirty. To mingle on the dance floor, letting the music strip away the different kind of burdens that he amassed in his lifetime. To be such the good kind of guy and not have ghosts trailing your every move, a past that catches up to you. Better yet, a constant reminder as his scar across his chest is on full display. Neon blue paint attempting to cover it.

But again...

There was no need for paranoia. His name is Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez. Sexta espada. The Panther King. What didnt kill him, made him stronger. So again, why would he look over his shoulder?

"Hey Kitty." That voice. "Havent seen you in a while."

His view obstructed by a pair of brown thighs covered with neon yellow body paint. Who they belonged to unfamiliar but with the black light on throughout the already dark club, he couldn't quite tell just yet. That was until they move closer.

Standing between his legs, she watch as Grimmjow bring the bottle to his lips again. Blue eyes slowly ascend the intricate designs on toned legs, up a taut stomach, to bright designs that specifically covered a pair of breast sitting pretty and perky, to now her face. That smile is going for her and if he was heavily under the influence, this would have been a sobering moment for him.

Grimmjow allowing this woman to take the bottle from his lips as he take her all in. Hair longer and loose, how he always remembered when her beautiful tresses were spread over his pillow. "Yoruichi..." his lips pulling in a smirk as she finish the last of his bottle.

His gaze caught the sultry show of her tongue catching the last drop of the expensive champagne, still lounging, still Grimmjow as his mind wonder briefly in that moment.

"The one and only." She reply, carelessly dangling the bottle by manicured finger tips.

Both his arms spread across the couch, button down shirt already open to where she notice his scar and neon blue hand prints trailing it. The deep rasp in his voice louder than the bass. "What bring the infamous Yoruichi out."

"Felt like stretching my legs a bit." Yoruichi taking the intiative, sitting on his lap.

"Life's treating ya well I see."

She smell like a dream if they were ever tangible. Felt like one now that he is comparing. A fantasy more like it. But he already know that it was her and what she come with.

Yoruichi lean back, wrapping one arm around his shoulders as her free hand play along his abs. Nodding her head, "Yeah. I guess you can say that. You?"

"Ain't complaning."

Grimmjow can feel her eyes burning holes into the side of his face. Though it doesn't phase the man as he watch Rangiku on the dance floor.

"Right." Quietly she chuckle which Grimmjow knew she seen right through him. The shit he hate. "because downing a bottle of champagne says that you're celebrating your life."

"Plenty of people do that. Hell..." Pointing to Rose crew in the middle of a cheers. "They're drinkin', celebratin'. It's a fuckin birthday today."

"Kitty." She sighs.

His groan a response out of annoyance. "Stop calling me that."

"Stop lying to me then."

Rolling his eyes "The fuck do you want, Shihoin!?"

By now she laughs. Teasing him further. "I've seen you drink like this one time. And that was one...two years ago?" His silence speak to her in more than one language and she understood each. Her smile lessen to one of sympathy. "What happened?"

By now, he wanted to push her off his legs. Despite what she was speaking, it held some truth. "So...you're just here to piss me off. Gotcha."

"Cmon Kitty. I missed you. You know I have to bug you."

"Then I beg you, fuck off. I told you I wasn't in the mood for your shit."

"And I take it Rangiku dancing in the middle of the dance floor hold your attention?"

The deep sigh leaving his nose tickled Yoruichi.

"Okay. Do you really want to play catch up?"

"Fuck it," He shrugs, conceding and she knew he was beyond annoyed. "Let's play."

Catching the woman by surprise, golden eyes stare at him until he also match her gaze when slowly facing her. "You don't mean that." She scoffs.

"Tuh. Believe whatever you want. Im not here to convince you."

Yoruichi study him for a little more before determining he was serious. "Speak to me Kitty."

"Just not in the mood for the bullshit tonight. That's all...kitten."

Her smile is back. The play on their nicknames for one another let's the women know he isn't all that agitated with her. There were a few indications of it. Seeming as though he let her sit on his lap and she's still in the same position instead of on the floor. The man was capable of doing so without a care and didn't. After all, he is Grimmjow.

"That offends me."

"Heh." He smirk, turning back to watch the woman in the rainbow dress. "How so?"

"When have I ever bullshit you?" Also following his eyes to Rangiku.

"The better question is when haven't you?"

Yoruichi grasp underneath his face, pulling his gaze back to her. She giggle to his rebuttle, staring into his eyes. "I was always honest with you Kitty. You may not have liked it, but I was truthful."

From the pressure of nails digging in his cheek, Grimmjow yank his face loose, looking back to the woman. "Cool. So be honest. You could've passed me by without me even noticing you. Truly what do you want from me? Here to kill my high by rememerbing how you stabbed me in the fucking heart? Poke fun at me for being foolish, falling in love with a cold bitch like you?"

When she doesn't speak, Grimmjow blink from the dancing beauty back to her. Her leer studying all over his face.

Her voice a melody for how soft it carried over to the man regardless of his chosen words. "I want nothing..."

He fix his mouth to speak before she finish.

"...but you." Moving closer to his face. "I actually did miss you Grimm."

A beat pass when he answer in a mock, looking away. "Blondie wasn't packing enough for you that you come crawling back to me?"

Silence between them and he still feel her finger drawing circles on his stomach. "I could say the same for you..."

Grimmjow huffs a quick laugh. "You can't say shit about me. I'm not the one begging."

"Oh?" Yoruichi laugh. "You're so damn obvious. Taking a bottle to the head. Sitting here by yourself after done with your little...side job..."

This caught Grimmjow's immediate attention. He had thought he was careful. That he moved with the swiftness that his nickname given him, yet he had to remember, this was Yoruichi he was speaking too. This woman had a network of people to whisper in her ear. Much less she was trained from such a tender age in espionage. Of course a woman of her talents would know. Thankfully however, she wasn't the one to sing like a canary.

"I'm not black mailing you Kitty." She chuckle. "But to say I'm begging for a fuck is so beneath you. To attack my character like that, I would say that offend me. But I know you Grimm. I know how you move. I know how you speak. I know your favorite colors for kami's sake...you're hurt again"

Remaining quiet, Grimmjow doesnt acknowledge her. He doesnt want hear it.

"She is very pretty, you know." Gold irises watching Rangiku walking from the dance floor.

"Yeah, but Rangiku is already wrapped around someone else's finger." Also watching the busty woman strut off.

"Don't get me wrong Rangiku is gorgeous. But my sights were more on platinum hair, smooth brown sugar queen like myself, pretty smile, one dimple."

"And? What about her?"

"Gentle wind..." Moving up to sit between his legs, she look over her shoukder to his eyes already on her. "She's had you like I did..."

It's taking all that he has not to yank her back to him and she didnt need to bring Zephyr up for him to hesitate. Though his fingers want to touch Yoruichi, he is quickly reminded by the visage of Zephyr and the tears that drop from her chin and how it was his fault. Sure these women were similar in one way only and he had to be truthful with himself about that fact. They both had a impact on him. So much less with Zephyr as Grimmjow taken necessary precaution to keep from being totally knocked off rail. Whereas his first love was here on his lap, reminding him how stuck she has him by her presence alone.

Yoruichi stand and Grimmjow quickly stood up, grabbing her back before she walked off. Arms wrapped around her, large hand caressing her neck as she gasp to the ceiling. His voice reverberating through her body as he speak in her ear. "This is why I fucking hate you. Why i cant stand being next to you."

Her eyes are close to the familiarity. Being ensnared in his embrace wrought a certain veil of emotions over her. Feeling his arm tighten around her waist to feeling his fingers tickle her hip as his deep voice further influence her just the same as she did him.

"You bring out the absolute fucking worst in me."

"The worst?" The question leave her in a whisper.

"I was doing perfectly fine until you come back. Like the goddamn thunder bringing the fucking rain."

"Please." The word linger like smoke in the air when she sighs. Eyes rolling along with the roll of her hips when she dance to the slow tune. His hand loosen around her throat. Arms snake behind her, holding him against her until a thought came. Her move swift and smooth, the way she twirl in his embrace, facing him. Warmth of his large hand now on the nape of her neck. Yoruichi continue the sultry dance. "You were imploding. Stuck in that mess of a mind. You should be thankful that I see you and offer my services. I could've left you to suffer. yah know."

His thumb trace the middle of her back. "Why didn't you?"

Her smile is back. "My answer is still the same. There's always something about you that'll keep me coming back to you."

"And i told you before...im not in the mood for your bullshit tonight Shihoin." His eyes are serious. "Im not one of your toys to play with."

"Tell you what..." he feel her hand dropping something in his back pocket. She grip his ass in the process. "Meet me here and I'll show you how you're so far from the truth." She look to his lips, kissing him on the side of his mouth. "I'll be waiting for you."

One finger trail along his hand when she depart from him and Grimmjow watch as she smile back to him. Disappearing in the crowd, he take the opportunity to reach in his pocket, looking to the card with a room number. There were plenty hotel around, but he knew exactly which one she would be in. Conflicted between past, present, and what the fuck will happen in this coming future.

~•~

Grimmjow hear her before he can see her.

"I said oh, Oh, Oh, no no, I, I think I'm fallin' for you..."

Dressed in his T-shirt, naked hips swaying to the song underneath it so she knew plenty well what she was doing. Such a chill morning as they woke on the couch. Having one of those "lazy days" in as she called it. There was a attempt done to her hair as two of the hair ties she tried to use to tie up her hair snapped and flew off somewhere else in his apartment. But that didn't stop her as she had a spare silk scarf that made it easy for her to stuff her kinky lockes under.

Instead of watching the television, it watched him. Staring at the back of her, swaying side to side to the song she sung from her phone on the island behind her. Standing over the stove that he barely utilize, using one of the many pots she brought over to his place since staying over more often than she thought she ever would.

"Oh no no, Obsession..."

Grimmjow quietly snicker to the movements of Zephyr. Lounge the long way across the plush seat as he watch. He could do this every morning. Keep her to himself as well as he, himself, staying only hers. There was always that fear in the back of his mind though. Keeping him from going fully one-hundred with her. She didn't make it subtle that she was seeing other guys either. After all, they never fully established what they were and only continued this because neither one said a damn thing to stop it.

Fuck it, as long as she kept saying his name the way she did in his ear, he wasn't going to stop it. However, this air around her, is so different from the others. After she found out about the other women, something changed. Of course she was naive to think that she was the only one given that again, nothing was grounded between them, but once she realized that, Grimmjow caught the brunt of it.

It was subtle things that she stopped doing. Like beforehand when she would first see him, her eyes were bright, full of life. But now, it's still full of them, however he wasn't the center of it. She also smiled less. He only noticed because he would count how many times he seen her one dimple in a day. Now he could count on one hand how often she smiled. She didn't pick up the phone or text that much. Before, she always made time for him, but after that one incident, she was on her time only.

'Good girl.' He mused. 'She's learning.' Atleast that's what he thought.

He'd hate to admit how he always enjoyed her company. How he would always feel relaxed around her. The elation he feels smelling her perfume or the fruity hair products waft his nostrils when she decided to lay on his chest. These memories were heavy on his mental. And all this just from watching her make them breakfast.

Zephyr, her actions oblivious to him then, was looking else where for the love that she desired, and he was just their as convenience.

So really, who was playing who?

Yesterday's problem continued into the midnight hour for Grimmjow before his eyelids open, espying the matte black Cadillac SUV, flashing its cool blue head lights as a signal that beckon the Sexta. Sighing as this was only a one man job, he was quite glad to have been alone as her favorite song was on playing on repeat for the last hour, co juring those past memories. He tuck the glock in his waist under the sweatshirt as he move to grab the duffle bags out the trunk of his own truck. 'Better to have it and not need it. Than need it and not have it..." he muses, tugging the heavy bags over his shoulders

The travel from his truck to the other was fast but there was no need for it, Grimmjow just wanted to be done with this kind of life forever but this too was a phase since he love the extra cash it bring. Eyes the color of sapphires couldn't see the two figures standing behind the head lights until he made it to the rear door of the truck.

"A voice from the small crack of the window. "You have it, I presume?"

Grimmjow, prepared for the shakedow, doesn't see the man, but he could feel those cold eyes staring him down through the illegally tinted window. He also notice Starrk, one of the dark figures behind the headlights, leant against the driver side of the SUV, a cigar hanging loosely from his lips and hand in his pocket. The sexta knew that was only a ruse as he laze about.

Seeing the Primera in action spoke volumes across the underworld of Las Noches and even further. Everyone knew he was quick and ruthless with a gun, never missing a shot. If he wanted to, he could probably put a bullet to Grimmjows dome before he could utter a word of confirmation to the man behind the window, but he's calm, cool, and confident in his skills. In truth, the man wasn't worried at all.

"Yeah, it's all here." Tossing the two duffle bags, near the truck.

The Primera, Starrk, doesn't move a muscle. Instead, Grimmjow hear another to his right, rearing around the back of the truck an older man made himself known. He's huge. If Grimmjow were a betting man, the guise the old man wear does nothing to hide the fact the geezer was pure muscle. He doesn't speak and the arrogant air around him recalls a talk Grimmjow had with Yammy some time ago while working together. Speaking about the top three Esapada in Las Noches. Starrk being primera, while Barragan being his segunda. The Tecera? totally elude Grimmjow.

'I expected this. Bastards think they're too good to speak.' Grimmjow smirk, seeing barragan hunker down to the duffle bags. Hearing the zipper as the older man check each. Seasoned hands grabbed the straps of the huge bags once eyes quickly scanned the amount of green in them. Without so much as a gruff, the old man threw them over his shoulder walk to the back of the truck, packing them in.

"Pleasure as always, Grimmjow."

Hands in his pockets now. "Yeah, yeah." Grimmjow murmur.

The man behind the window snicker as the window shut completly.

Still not speaking, Starrk threw the cigar on the floor.

"One more thing, Grimmjow."

With his back to the car, Grimmjow halt his step, looking over his shoulder.

"The Vasto Lordes are attempting a move. I need you to handle that as seen fit." He didn't give Grimmjow the chance to protest as the window shut and truck already leaving.

For a split second, he thought the bastard knew. When Grimmjow made it to his own truck, opening his arm rest seeing a few bricks of money.

(Watching his own memory through his eyes, He watch himself count the green he took from the duffle bags, and then catching on to the steel pointed at his head from the outside of his truck....A gunshot soon after.)

~•~

Eyes shot open, Grimmjow in a cold sweat looked around before seeing that he was in one of those fancy hotel rooms. The soft hand in the middle of his chest, and soft breaths felt on his neck.

Looking down at the top of her head, Yoruichi slumber against him, her sleep unperturbed even though his heart skipped a beat in her ear.

The dream, or memory shaking him awake, Grimmjow, after a some seconds passed was successful in making it out of the bed without waking Yoruichi. Eyes falling on her for a moment as she slept peacefully. Moments later he's feeling the benefits of water running down his head. The rain shower here, amazing how it calm the nerves. He recall stashing away some cash but he also understood that stealing from the one man who had his hands in everything, it was dangerous. He work for both worlds. He see the buisness aspect of it all, also privy to the incidents that happen behind closed cold steel doors that screams were impossible to escape from. If that man so wishes for Grimmjow's disappearance, then no one would know about it. Save for those who were close to him.

And he see her again...

Those brown eyes, that one dimple, that fucking smile, but most of all the warmth she brings.

Hour pass and go. Fingertips prune. Yoruichi still asleep.

Zephyr

Her name in bold letters on his phone screen. His wrinkled thumb hovering over the call button going on what seemed to be ten grueling minutes he's stuck in this position. Despite his brash nature, there was always this one thought in the back of his mind, asking if he was doing the right move?

Was he exactly where he needed to be right now?

Grimmjow wasn't a man that thought too deep about anything. Everything was black and white, a yes, or no. Simple. However, this particular situation, was a vast grey area. He hated to admit it, but he had Yoruichi to thank for this. Before her, life was just as simple. A single man with his own and had looks that could charm the devil if he so pleased. Life was grand then. Golden eyes and a silver tongue later, came crashing into him like a freight train.

The experience of Yoruichi, a bold woman who knew what she wanted and didn't hinder, had Grimmjow standing at attention at each encounter. Then, he would question himself what the fuck was he doing? But Yoruichi challenged him like no other had. A woman that held her own. Who wasn't terrified of anything. A woman who earned his respect. Later on, his heart. And now, questioning himself ever since.

One couldn't help what the heart wanted. He swore life would have been better off if he never met the succubus, of course big man upstairs needed to humble him.

'Slow down Grimmjow, ya moving to fucking fast!' Chuckling at the thought.

Fate was a cruel bitch tonight, today, who fucking knows. Reflecting on some little causes and even lesser effect. How he should have called out back then. Should've never ran that red light. Or he should've took the scenic route to work back on their first time meeting one another. If only he wasn't standing there next to the stage, looking over the crowd under the celebrity singing that night. Mayhap he could have looked the other way instead of tunnel vision on that pretty fucking smile of Yoruichi. The way her waistline moved, hitting every beat that play. If only his ears were closed off from the "Wow, you're quite the beau."

Maybe now, he wouldn't be second guessing himself on sending Zephyr a message and would be doing who the fuck knows.

Once in a while wiping his face clear of dripping water as light blue hair fell around his neutral expression. Focus on the number before him. Elbows to knees on the edge of the king size bed. Waist wrapped in the towel, Grimmjow stood, phone in hand as he look behind him again. Yoruichi sleeping on her stomach now. head covered under the plush pillows, a light snore, almost purring, emitting from her. The sexta took this as his cue, walking to the balcony. He step out to the warm gentle breeze, the view of the sun rays denoting a new day over the horizons so he knew Zephyr was up at this time. With that in mind, eyes still looking before him as his dial tone ring in his ear.

°•○●○•°

Possibilities were endless. And maybe that was just what it was. Just endless possibilities that cycled in her mind. Amaze that being around Ichigo, would awaken such silly thoughts. Even the fluttering feeling she has in her stomach when her phone would vibrate.

Was this even healthy?

Scoffing to the rhetorical question, as if this was some kind of coping and then it dawn on the beauty. Perhaps she was going about it the wrong way. Breaking up with the one man who she wanted more than anything. Could she even say they "broke up" if they werent exclusive to begun with? Mourning over what was lost to now temporarily "getting" past him because Ichigo was right there?

Groaning into the soft pillow as her mind became a mix of kissing Ichigo to kissing Grimmjow, back to the realization that this wasn't right.

And then repeat.

However, she couldn't help herself. The thoughts were comforting. A semi-silver lining if she could say.

Zephyr smile, another fluttering sensation she felt in her stomach as she look out the window. The sun slowly touching the top of the mountains far off, the tiny rays brightening the matte black exterior around the spacious bedroom. Sleep unknown to her as her eyes continue to blink, looking at the skyline of the city.

Her favorite time of day. When the world is quiet and Zephyr left to her thoughts. Standing firm in all of the emotions, the quiet, and magic this hour bring. To pick apart each sensations and why. The feeling of yesterday bleed into today and in a way, she smiles to it as the future is foreign but welcomed nonetheless. Sighing at this new optimism, Zephyr throw back the covers, bare feet touching the small soft carpet. Stretching as she stood, taking a steady step on the soft carpet as she move to the balcony doors.

Refraining from stepping out, content with her position as the warm breeze embrace her when the door slid open. This feels bitter sweet. The view was beautiful and she had Grimmjow to thank for having her connect with such people to afford this. It was strange how her life work. She didn't complain about it, but Zephyr also had her doubts. Not everything good would last. Something would find its way to wiggle in and what she expected to happen, would mostly likely take place.

Whatever the case, she would take it head-on like she does now. There was no other choice but to. And then a phone call came. Looking behind her, she walk to the device. A unknown number?

But during this time, she knew it was only one person who knew she would be up. Hesitant, she bit her bottom lip.

Accepting it...

...Regretting it...

...Needing it...

...Debating it...

...Hoping for it...

...happy about it...

...missing...it.

Words weren't spoken just then when she accept the call. Instead she hear the wind from where ever he's at. Manicured feet pad back to in the room, words fleeing them both. Just wanting a sense of familiarity now that they weren't each other's constant for some time. Scared of the new? Terrified of what might be? Apart rom what they already knew?

She hear him sigh away from the phone. That he's just as screwed up as her about this whole ordeal.

"Maybe you have the wrong phone number..." she speak.

And quickly he answer. "Maybe I do."

"Well I hope you find who you're looking for."

If she was a millisecond faster, just a modicum as confident as she thought she was, Grimmjow would be speaking to no one.

"The thing about that is," His deep voice stopping her actions. "I've found her. I just don't know what to do..."

She know this is wrong but now it's his turn to hear her sigh away from the phone. Looking to the sky, Zephyr a mess of emotions as she was doing so well attempting to forget about him. She's tired, she's riled up, she's confident in herself while simtanously the bastard enfeeble her by constantly wanting something of him. Needing a part of him and this asshole to make it like she almost reached that part of him and yet it seemed it was just a game to him. A 'gotcha dumbass!'' moment. Zephyr knew she was too good for this. Capable of the love she so deserve and still...

...ending this call was never an option.

Grimmjow voice is a spell in her ear. She humors him, rose colored glasses with heart shaped eyes and cupid in her other ear. He continue this wicked truth. "She scare the hell out of me ya know."

Clearing her throat, she phases in and out of a love fairy-tale to the reality of it all. "I'm sorry, but I'm no therapist or the police. So again, you have the wrong phone number."

"Ze..."

Her eyes close, stopping a tear from escaping. "What do you want from me?"

Grimmjow isn't sarcastic in his answer which moves her. "All this time and I was too fucking blind. And for that I want to tell you, it's my fault."

She scoffs, playing such a silly game of hard-to-get. "Stop it. We haven't talked in weeks. Why stop there?"

"So hang up..."

"What!?"

"If you feel that way hang up." A beat pass before he asked. "Better yet, why did you pick up?"

"Some strange number was calling my phone. Did you expect me not to?"

"Zephyr..."

She could hear that wicked smile behind him saying her name. He had a point and they both knew this was the hour they would both be up. Narrowing down to him specifically calling her. So yes, this was check-mate. The 'Gotcha bitch!'.

Zephyr is silent however.

"I didn't call you to argue. You asked me what I want from you..." he sighs again. Enunciating words of love or anything of the sort was never something Grimmjow was great at. Nor would the man even try. This was a first. Grimmjow is stern, though looking to the floor, thinking of what to say. "Ze, I've always wanted you. From the first time I watched you waltz all over the floor taking pictures of those assholes. I felt I needed to get closer to you. Know more about you."

"And?"

"Just...hear me out."

Groaning, she massage the bridge of her nose. "Okay...I'll hear you out, but the moment you say something off-putting, I'm hanging up and you'll never be able to call me again."

So self assure of himself, Grimmjow thought about calling her bluff to only answer her in a snide huff of a laugh. Later. Once he knew he truly had her. Right now, he only had her attention and it could flee him at any moment. She picked up this phone call, yes. But there was a certain air about the way she was speaking. "We've found something in one another."

It was obvious to her, which was why she ridiculed and dismissed it.

"You dont believe me..."

"No. I do believe you. Always been you Grimmjow." She laughs, "it's like you come back after weeks of not talking and manipulate the situation to your liking. It's like I know the game. But why the hell do I keep playing it, thinking it'll be a different outcome! Why cant you just leave me alone!?"

The hurt is heard through her shaky breathing. He know she's on the brink of tears and of course she would be. As he thought before, when he last seen her and left her, she mourned what they had. Put it in a box and buried it against her wishes because he didnt reciprocate anything. Here he is on the phone with her, everything coming back crashing into the hurt woman like Day of the Dead.

He want to say it. But will she believe him? He can't take rejection simply because he was always sure in his steps. That was outside this playing field of emotions however, and he find himself stuck in a plain of mixed feelings. "I..." the man stammers.

"If it's just going to be another of your silly fucking games, then I could do without it. Seriously stop wasting my time."

She is frustrated, her voice a low pitch but he know it's building within her with the way she snapped.

"...I..." he attemp again.

"You have three seconds! Thre-"

"I fucking love you." It's quiet, expecting the dial tone but it does come. So he say it again, the words coming naturally. Not as something fast, or a pace that he can get use to. Nonetheless it's a start. "I love you. I...need you."

She's still quiet, its strange hearing his voice speak thise three words. He hear her breathing though the confident panther is growing rather anxious as the seconds pass.

"Zephyr?"

"You're with someone...aren't you? That why you called to tell me this because you feel guilty about something!"

"What? Why would yo-"

"Are you Grimmjow!?"

Does he say it? That the woman he first fell in love with is sleeping silently in the bed they hatefully fucked in? That he's conflicted between both and the fact that Zephyr was willing to be with him on that level, so he wants for her? Did he truly settle? The thought of doing better, living better, and all he seen was Zephyr looking back at him. Yet, Yoruichi remind him of such an exciting life, free to do whatever and whoever without a single thing to look back on. He wasn't a follower, but he couldn't really trust himself falling in love only for the person to not return such feelings. It's the main reason why Grimmjow was untouchable. Yet Zephyr somehow slithered her way through.

He thought he was careful. Thought he had it figured out. Still she felt right, true to herself, and him being jaded in terms of love, he completly fucked up.

So...

Blue eyes look to the sun fully up. Warm rays drying the scattered drops of water over his chiseled frame. Hair damp, falling over his face and he wished it was her here. Standing in front of him so his actions could speak what his words fail to convey.

This is the first step if he want to be truthful to her.

But not at this hour.

"No. I'm alone." The lie cut him deep. Truly he want to do better by Zephyr. She sacrificed more in what they had between them. Just the fact of losing her, it messed with him. He was thankful she couldn't tell. With their past, she was still skeptical.

"You're lying to me already."

'Yes I am. But I love you. Why does it fucking matter!? Just fucking take me back!' The inner turmoil churn in his chest.

"Grimmjow." Her voice is stern, knocking him back in to the world.

"It,s as I said. I didn't call you to fucking argue with you. I wanted you to hear me out. Since you cut me off with that little 'laugh' you did. I needed to tell you before you pissed me off entirely."

"Piss you off!? You have the damn nerve! I should not have picked up your phone call. I shouldn't even be speaking to you right no-"

"I want to speak to you. Face to face."

Zephyr is hushed from how smooth his voice say the command. She knew what came with that. "I don't know if that's a good idea Grimmjow."

"It was never my intentions to say it over the phone. I needed to hear you. How you're doing. If you would actually answer my call."

"Is that why you called me from another number? At this time."

"Heh. It's the only way to make it obvious."

Inwardly she laugh, looking to the floor.

"I pay attention to you babe. You might not see it, but I do Ze."

"No..." she sighs. "The way you look at me..." envisioning his eyes staring at her through the reflection on the glass. "I know you study me."

The breeze blow through his phone. Silence again.

"Atleast let me meet you somewhere, so we can talk. That park by your house? That Ramen shop you love so much?"

She look to the hotel door. "I uh...I have work later on."

He lean his elbows on the balustrade, looking down many floors to the patrons walking the promenades like small ants, still walking around the casino and parks throughout the resort. "When are you free?"

"Tomorrow."

"Good. So am I."

"That does not mean I want to see you."

"Ze-"

"But I'll think about it. And send you a text."

Protesting would only scare her away. Even now he would get in his truck and go to her, but he knew she was fragile right now. So he give her this time. "Alright. I'll be waiting for you."

This caught her off guard because Grimmjow only move on his time and his time only. "Okay. Bye then." he doesnt say it back. "Don't be rude."

He's stalling. "Just wanted to hear you a bit longer."

'Okay who is this man and where did the original go?' She mused with a small laugh. "Goodbye Grimmjow."

Again he take his time. "Never a bye between us. But ill see you soon Zephyr..."

Her face heat up. She doesnt know what to do with herself. Feeling like this was the first time she has ever been kissed by him. "Goodbye!"

"Hang up then."

"I will."

The light laugh she hear through the phone warms her heart. "So do it."

Now Zephyr stalls. Questioning does he really love her? She can't see his face, nor look in his eyes to know for sure. Something within her want to see this. "Okay, I'm hanging up. Bye."

"Bye..." Is his smooth reply.

She sighs, it's as if his voice linger in her ear despite being just said. But they're quiet for a few seconds before Zephyr quickly hang up. Groaning, falling back on the bed, staring up at the ceiling. Wondering if she was truly Foolish.

Looking back to her phone, she searched through her playlist in the 'A' category looking to 'Ashanti - Foolish' just to listen to the lyrics looking to confirm her suspicions.

°•○●○•°

Strange things seem to only happen in her life. Thats what she always thought when occurrences like this happened. A shower and a iota of clear thoughts later. Finishing with the inkling that she would make a quick and silent escape.

Zephyr peeked her head out the door. Seeing and hearing not a soul. Speaking a silent prayer. Quietly, she tip-toe down the hallway. Approaching another corner, she peer around, noticing the empty sofa where Ichigo would have been sleeping. Careful, she stepped further out, seeing nobody in the kitchen.

Assuming everyone is still asleep, quickly rounding the corner, she speed walked passed the other rooms and straight to the door. Quietly unlocking and stepping out.

Perhaps it was rude to just leave like this? Not so much as a goodbye to those who treated her with hospitality and she repay their goodness by leaving? Would they understand? Maybe, maybe not.

However it's even ruder to speak to people without so much as a change of clothes and a tooth brush at that. She had the money to buy a new one, but as far as clothes go? The stores she walked by last night, were name brand only. Zephyr was stuck wearing what she wore to the party last night. Bad enough she didn't plan on staying here. Since Ichigo insisted and although she knew him for a little time, he seem like the trustworthy sort.

Shaking her head, Zephyr hand still on the handle of the door before it closed fully. She's hesitating. Since time was of the essence she was quite stuck in the middle. To turn and walk back into the suite?

Or...

Looking to her six inch stilletoes in her other hand. They require both hands to tie them up her leg...making her release the door...

Inwardly she groan. Wishing there was two of her so most of her problem could be solved without a hassle. That she could split herself to know what both roads lead to.

"That would be nice." She sighs.

"Would what be nice?"

Caught, Zephyr looked to where the elevator chimed going back down. And there he stood, always the savior. A red twizzler hanging out his mouth. A hood covering his orange head, baggy sweat-pants, socks with slides. Comfortable with a large paper bag dangling from his fist.

Too wrapped in her thoughts that the bell completly missed her. Its not as if she wouldn't run into him in the first place as there were only two ways off this floor and one of those exit she needed a key.

"Lemme guess..." chewing on the twizzler, walking towards her. "you were leaving without a 'sayōnara'?"

"Well...yeah." She made a mental note for how smoothly he spoke in his native tongue while stepping towards the side, out of his way. "This isn't really a casual outfit to wear."

Catching the door before fully closing, Ichigo hand her the bag. "I figured you would say something like that." Granting her a kind smile, "I got this for you. I didnt know what lotion or smell goods you used so I got you most of them. Also, who cares what you wear. Long as you're happy."

Luckily the bag and straps were sturdy enough to keep it all together. Surprised from the sudden drop, and how easy he made it look, she nearly collapsed with the materials for how heavy it was. Looking in, full of perfumes, body butter, toothpaste, toothbrushes. A empty twizzler pack, and a modest outfit that he guessed would fit her.

She look up to him already watching her scurry through the materials. She chuckle. "This all look expensive! I don't think I'll be able to pay you back for this! Are you always this considerate?"

He shrug, finishing his candy. "I like to think that I am. Beside you can pay me back later"

At a loss of words. Zephyr looked back into the bag. Merely wondering is he a dream come true? She didn't have a problem with just walking out, catching a Ubur back to her place. Though it would've cost a pretty penny considering she was at some kind of resort and far from her place.

"You got somewhere to be?"

"You think i would come this way and have something to do today?"

"Well are you gonna stand out there all morning?"

Stammering, she laugh to herself. "Uh no. Not at all. I just hope you're right about the outfit."

"I'm pretty confident in myself. Helped raise twin sisters and I had Rukia at my side most of the time."

Making the mistake of dropping her shoes when she walk towards him, before she made the effort to grab them, Ichigo saved her the trouble picking them up while holding the door open. "Come on in then."

Her lips part to speak yet her mind is playing a million and one tunes. Was she still tripping? Seeing flowers grow from behind him as if he was 'The one'. The 'Neo' to her matrix. The Midas since everything he touches has value, even her, turning to gold and she feels good all over. And it is this that causes the filter to lift from her. "Of course." She finally speak. Crossing the threshold.

He walk behind her, her shoes in his hand, after locking the door. "You hungry?"

"Yeah," speaking over her shoulder, "but I don't want any twizzlers."

"Damn." Snapping his finger. "It's all they got!"

Her laugh was loud, before she shush herself covering her mouth with her free hand.

Ichigo chuckle, lifting his hand to his mouth and shout. "GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!"

Zephyr slapping his arm to shush him. "Why would you do that!?" Exclaiming in a whisper.

He wait to answer, hearing not a single one of them come to the their respective doors. "See? Got nothing to worry about."

"Oh." She laughs.

Walking before her, the sun shining through the windows all around, casting the suite in its golden hue. It is a breathless view at night. In the morning it's gorgeous. Especially when he walk before her, looking to her as she stare on in a daze. Catching herself from staring too long, watching his lips move and then realizing he was speaking. Blinking back to reality she caught the last of his words when he asked what was it that she wanted to eat. "Um, honestly I'm not too sure."

"They have quite a selection that you can order from."

"Hmm." She hums.

She follow behind him into the kitchen. He peek from behind the refrigerator door when he ooen it, waiting on her answer. "Or I can make you something. Up to you."

"You did enough for me already. Truly, I think you'll bankrupt me if I'm paying you back."

Snickering, he analyze the fridge knowing Renji would be the one to pack it up despite his soon to be wife wishes. "This one is on me."

"Okay then." She think about it, concluding in a shrug. "I got nothing. Surprise me."

"Ha! You sure?"

Nodding her head. "I'm sure." She back away with a smile, turning to walk to Ichigo's room as she held the bag close to her.

Was this all a ploy for her to drop her guard? Or was this really his character? She's met plenty of guys, and each of them different than the last. This anomaly called Ichigo gave Zephyr a different perspective. This man, although in her world, seemed to be from some other plane of existence. He was just a glimpse of it. Impossible to believe that there were actually men like this. The Clarke Kent if she allowed herself to say. Who would be blessed to play that role of Louise Lane?

Was it that women from last night? Senna?

Orihime?

Rangiku even?

That strange woman who couldn't stop staring at them? How could Zephyr not see her? After all she was practically naked only dressed in neon yellow body paint.

Hell, with a man like Ichigo, he wouldn't stay single for too long. She laugh when she make it back to the room. There would be no surprise if anyone threw themselves at him. But he was a man of great control and she too felt that last night when he stopped himself from them going any further.

As much as she wanted that to happen, it's the thought of ruining something before it even began. She wanted to do this right and she shall.

Zephyr take the tooth brush out. Heading to the bathroom. Minutes passing by as she changed and refreshed. Thankfully that they actually had the body butter creme she used. It sucked because she had to make work with the small amount for her whole body, and she couldn't suffer asking Ichigo if he could grab another. So she took priority. Feet, ankles, knees, elbows, face, what little left over, she used every where else.

At the bottom of the paper bag were fuzzy thong sandles and she could kiss him for that since all she had were heels. They were a size bigger but nothing to complain about.

Piecing the outfit together. A long summer dress. She'll give him an 'A' for effort. It was comfortable and not a soul could go wrong with all black. Now the matter with her hair. With no bonnet, or silk pillow case, she decided to let her kinky locks loose from the tight bun. Looking to the mirror, sighing in relief, she shake her head, tight platinum curls flying everywhere in a afro and she could use a pik to help out with the manipulation of it. Instead she used her hands as best she could. Putting a side part in with her pinky finger and hoping it stayed. Five minutes and almost a crying session from frustration, Zephyr was finally satisfied with her look.

She felt refreshed. Like earlier, a new optimism.

Then it hit...

The fork in the road. As much as all this happiness she felt, simply from being around Ichigo, blue eyes flash in her mind. The words 'I love you' envisioned on the mirror in blood and again she feel like she is tripping. It's scary to think it. To see it that way. "No! Tomorrow thoughts, tomorrow me."

With this she storm out the bathroom, collecting herself again, placing all the items back in the bag before walking back out.

The aroma hit her. Onions, peppers, 'what is that? seasoning?'

It smells delightful and her stomach growls to the thought of partaking. Unbeknownst to him, but Ichigo save her from her own thoughts again as her stomach rumble louder now. Chuckling, Zephyr continue on. Skirt bunch in her fist to keep from dragging along the floor. She see the back of him, preparing her breakfast. "Smells good." She compliment.

"You can thank Renji frugalness. He didnt want to spend that much so he packed uo some fe groceries of course."

"No doubt I will. That his skillet too?"

"Everything is his."

Zephyr tickled that Ichigo doesnt care. "What make you so entitled to his stuff!?"

"The fact that I have to be around him."

"I guess I really should thank him on behalf of both of us. Who knows? I could've starved to death despite being fifty floors up from civilization."

"Good. Maybe he won't be pissed at me since you had a hand in it too." Turning around and he's stuck for a moment.

She doesn't see how he froze. Being too busy from fixing her ensemble so she doesnt step on her dress.

Zephyr look up and Ichigo eyes soften again. "I..." he attempt to speak.

Her face heat and quickly she look from his eyes back down. She fans it off. "Dress is a little long but it's good. Nothing I can't deal with. Thank you."

Clearing his throat, he smile, setting their breakfast on their seperate paper plates that Renji had tucked away in one of the cabinets. An omelete, smoke sausages, home-fries. Made just enough for a second helping, or to any one else who was hungry.

"You look beautiful." Floats across to her.

Surprised, Zephyr wait for him to say that he was just kidding but when he set the skillet back on the eye, he turn back to her, eyes still soft but telling her the truth.

"Um." Stuck until he scoffs.

"Maybe a 'Thank you Ichigo' would suffice."

"I was getting there." Rolling her eyes. "Thank you Ichigo. You're quite beautiful yourself."

A blush creep across his cheeks to the bridge of his nose seeming as though he wasnt fishing for a compliment back, stuffing a rather large piece of his food in his mouth. "Thanf yuh!"

Laughing, "That is so rude!" But she joins him in stuffing her own face so he wasn't alone. "Weffcome!"

He didn't mean it, but accidently spitting as he laugh himself. Luckily none of it reach her despite being across from one another.

"Ew!" She laugh again. Watching as he recover, cleaning up his mess.

"Sorry. It's your fault. Telling me I'm beautiful an all." He chuckle.

"Well it's true. You are quite handsome, you have a beautiful soul as well. It's no wonder you have so many people that love and respect you. And this is on the outside looking in."

"You really think so?" Tossing the paper towel in the garbage.

She nod, swallowing her food. "Oh yes. Its obvious that you're special to each of them. Could tell. Could also feel the love they have for you."

"Heh, I couldn't get rid of them even if I wanted to."

She snickers. "You wouldn't if you tried."

"You're right. Fun fact, I actually hated Renji before."

"I heard the story from Rukia."

"Pfft!" He tsk into his cup. "Did she tell you she was the reason why?"

"She may have downplayed it a little."

"Back in high-school there were rumors that me and Rukia were together. I have a feeling who started the one that me and her actually had sex."

Almost choking on her drink. "Wait, what?"

"Right! Thats exactly how I felt."

"Well...did y'all?"

His face contorted in one that made her chortle. "Hell no!"

"Why say it like that!?"

"She's my best friend."

"So? Best friends come together as lovers too."

"Yeah, I suppose you're right. But it never happened like that. She was going through a tough phase with her brother and Renji. She needed a place to stay and at the time, I was her only friend. Then that's when the rumors started and why me and Renji hated each other for a while."

"I see."

"So what's your story?" Eyes trained on Zephyr now.

"You know most of it."

"Not enough."

Looking to the sausage she picked with her plastic fork. "Enough for what?"

"To understand you."

"Hmm." She hums, fork hanging from her lips. "Maybe I like being mysterious to you."

He smile. "Why?"

Shrugging her slender shoulders. Looking from her plate, back to Ichigo staring at her. "Because it let me know that I have your attention. You're trying to learn me. So the longer i have your attention, the longer im going to draw it out." She laughs. "Go ahead, call me selfish."

"Bull."

"Huh!?"

Shaking his head, "it's...nevermind."

"No don't get shy on me now. Tell me what you mean."

"You want my attention?"

"I mean....now that you say it like that, I'm not adverse to not wanting it."

His chuckle came naturally. "Its a yes or no Starlight."

"It's complicated is what it is." Bringing her styrofoam cup of juice to her lips.

"When it doesn't need to be."

"But it is."

"Which, and I'll say it again, doesnt need to be."

Fully looking at Ichigo now. "So what? It's my fault?"

Arms crossed on the table, he level his eyes with her own, "I didn't say any names? Feeling guilty?"

Zephyr lips curl at the side, rolling her eyes. "You might as well. I know you're not the man to complicate things."

"Precisely."

"So why are you having eggs and orange juice with me?"

"It's just breakfast Starlight." He stood, taking his plate to the garbage. "Further proving my point."

"W-What!?" Standing as she took her own dishes, now next to him. "I am not."

"A man just having a simple breakfast with a friend and here you are thinking it's something else."

Putting her hands on her hips, Zephyr clicked her tongue, staring up to him. "So? What would you say it is then?"

"What? I can't just enjoy your company? Make conversation?"

"No! Not after what happaned last night. Not with the way you kissed me."

In the moments she's been around Ichigo, this was the first she seen him genuinely surprised by her. He paused before speaking again. "It was just a kiss."

"I know what it was." Turning back into the counter. "But it fe-"

"See!" Pointing in her face, "That. You do that a lot."

Swatting his hand away. "Not like you make it easy for me." She pouts. "None of it is easy."

As she look to floor his kind eyes fix on her. "C'mon, take a walk with me." Completly forgetting to clean the skillets.

Head lifting, she watch him move with swiftness, drying his hands off on his shirt after washing them again. "Where are you going?"

Ichigo didn't bother to look back. Disappearing behind the corner. The only response she received is the door opening and closing.

°•○●○•°

Grimmjow could almost feel a weight lift off his shoulders telling Zephyr that he in fact did love her. That only lasted a mere few moments before reality once again came crashing in. It was his fantasy for as long as he could have a modicum of it. Still It's not him or better yet, it wasn't his life.

"That was something." Yoruichi yawning, stretching out to lay across the bed.

There it was. Reality. He had to get out of here if he was going to start doing right by Ze. Grimmjow throwing on the button up, finish dressing himself, looking to Yoruichi just waking up.

"I haven't been fucked like that in a while." She laughs. "You hate me that much, huh?"

The sexta gruffs. "That's the last time that'll ever happen."

"I don't believe you. But whatever." She sighs, laying on her back. "You'll always be back. Whether I come to you, or you come to me, you'll always submit. You'll always be mine. Kitty"

"You could be right. You could be weong." Walking toward her still fixing his shirt, she roll on her stomach hanging playfully off the side of the bed. Feet kicking up behind her, still twisted in the sheet as if a pastry delight. Kneeling Grimmjow came face to face with the beauty. "What I said is true. You're the first woman to ever make me feel a smidge of anything. I was yours. To do whatever you wanted to because I did want you to come back to me. But don't get shit twisted beautiful. I never needed you for anything."

"Look at you! That phone call to Zephyr must have aged you up mentally."

"The fuck ever." He scoffs. "You have yourself to thank of the realization kitten."

"I don't believe it though." Yoruichi cast him another smile. "Do you truly love her?"

This face, he could never forget her, for what she's put him through and for what he's feeling right now. She's reading his eyes as if they speak every lie he's ever spoken and every truth he's ever hidden. He doesn't stutter, straight to the point. "Yeah. I do."

Her smile doesn't leave. "I do hope she's the one for you. After all you've been a baaaad kitty. Prowling these streets like that."

He stand, looking down at her as she roll on her back. The tangled sheets caressing her frame covered her lady bits. Tempting him. Toying with him still. "I was waiting on her."

"Sure you were." She chuckle, lids closing over her eyes as she get comfortable again. Her smile sly as if she forseen the future. "Want my advice?"

"Not really but ya gonna tell me anyway."

"Damn right." She laughs. "If you're really into this one, then it's wise to actually pay attention to her, to listen to her. Or else all this 'new leaf' bullshit you're trying to pull would be for nothing. And she'll slip through your fingers like sand on a beach."

A pause between them, waiting for her to finish. He look from the view of the city outside the clear doors back to her. "That's it?"

"No, but that is the important one. If you got that down, then the rest would follow."

"The fuck are you? Ms. Miyagi?"

"See, it's that very arrogance that got you in this position to begin with fighting to get back in her good graces. I am older than you, I know these things. But most of all, I am a woman. This Zephyr and I, we share an inate kinship." She giggle.

"How the hell do you even know all this between me and her?"

"Ah, I didn't tell you how there are certain eyes on you, huh?"

"No," his eyebrows furrowing, wondering why the hell she didnt lead with this to begin with. Clearly annoyed, he nearly bellow. "you were too busy telling me to fuck you harder!"

She prompt her self on her elbows now. "Of course this is something I shouldn't tell you. But because I've always liked you and you remind me of myself. I will leave you with this little bit of info. Be careful Grimmjow"

As she once read his eyes, it was a trick he learned from her. Proving how effective it can be with the verity of the situation evident in her own eyes. A situation that could be dire for the way she spoke it. Grimmjow caught on to it fast, having no choice but to take what she said into consideration.

"I needed to get you outta that soiree before you done something reckless."

"Of course." He speak low, his laugh just the same. "How else could you get me into your hotel room."

"Kisuke sends his regards."

"He also know what happened last night?"

Yoruichi answer him in a cheesy smile.

Placing his hand in his pocket, retriving his keys. "You're both sick."

"He trusts me and I trust him." She shrugs again.

"Oi another thing woman...just because you're older doesn't mean our experiences are the same. Pretty sure you haven't got your fucking heart ripped out of your chest and fucked stupid the same night."

"HA! I did put out all my best moves that night didnt I?!"

"Tch." He turn his back to her, walking away before he become annoyed as she cackle to the sky. "Good-bye woman."

"Later kitty!" She speak between laughs.

When the door close, he knew that wouldn't be the last of her. She did have a sway over him. Because of that, he made the smart decision in blocking her number.

"Fucking temptress."

It wasn't long that the elevator announced its arrival. Boarding on the empty car, pressing the button to the lobby and commence to wait. One thought at the forefront of his mind to be wary of the people he surround himself with. Checking his phone, Nnoitra did call him five times and what looked to be back to back.

"Do I really want to hear the bastard this early?"

He was heading back home anyway and to avoid having to travel back out, Grimmjow thought of this as a favor because the bastard only had one chance to pick up.

The phone is ringing in his ear. On its third ring and Grimmjow move it inches from his face ready to disconnect before the bastard picked up to Grimmjow's dismay. "Where the hell you go asshole!? Why the fuck you leave me there!?"

"First, your ass was no where to be found. I went in to Intoxication to pull you out and Zommari said you already left to the back with some group and I wasn't gonna search for ya!"

"Tch, some brother you are. I could've been in some kind of danger bitch."

"Shut the hell up and tell me where ya at."

The silence spoke for itself.

The sexta shout to the phone. "Ya dumb fuck. You're lost?!"

He hear Nnoitra sighs. "The hell are you my mother!?"

Grimmjow leant off the elevator wall. "No bitch I'm ya ride. How the fuck I'm suppose to find you if you don't know where you are?!"

"Chill the hell out. I'll send you my location. And hurry up, I only got six-percent left." Before hanging up on Grimmjow, he could hear the tall jerk murmur a few more words.

Speaking to himself, Grimmjow groan in disbelief. "Now that'll be fucked up if I left him, right?"

Leaving out the elevator when it arrived to the desired floor. Grimmjow moved through the side door as the lobby, though morning, still filled with some of the patrons from last night's partying brigade. Hell the company owned this resort after all which he much rather prefered his own company Hotels.

Spotting Rangiku laughing it up with the platnium haired captain of one of the Gotei 13 subdivision Toshiro, the bartender from last night Hisagi, and the timid guy Kira. Grimmjow was never comfortable around those who worked for the Gotei 13, especially with the air around every member of the company and he had good reason. Yet it could just be his guilty conscious.

The weather hit him in a burst as he walked the promenade to the parking garage once outside again. He didn't know what the rush was for. Subconsciously his legs moved as if there was one. It's only words that Yoruichi spoke. If who he think is looking into him, if those higher-up fuckers truly wanted him, all they had to do was snatch him up to interrogate, but it wasn't always the case.

He's been moving under the radar for years now. There's no way that they would pull their internal resources for little fish like him. So what was really the case? Nnoitra was in on it too. Yet he could also be one of those to throw him under the bus. He knew his brother all too well and knew the asshole was another crab in the barrel person. If it wasnt his way, then things would truly get ugly. Grimmjow knew that on one occassion, esepecially when he was called to stop the fight with Nnoitra and Neliel. One of the reason how he lost an eye to begin with. But it was no time to think about that.

There was no way Nnoitra would be working for the other. He's too sloppy when it came to working "together". Still Grimmjow wouldn't put it past him. Then came Yammy, Ulquiorta, Szayel, his whole team. Now wasn't the time to be paranoid as well. Perhaps she didn't want to elaborate because she wanted him to keep things natural. Didn't do a good job from just learning that little bit though.

He just needed to focus on the present. To go help his brethren although it's not like the asshole Nnoitra would move a inch to come to Grimmjow's own rescue if the shoe was on the other's foot.

But there was other issues plaguing Grimmjow as well. Was it that he wanted to put last night shenanigans and the lie he spoke to Zephyr, here at the resort? If that was the case, telling Zephyr he love her should stay there too? As fucking if.

Making it to his truck now. It roared to life. Once it did, so did the song reminding him of his lover. Oblivious, though the emotion fill his chest, it brought a smile to him. Some good did come out of this bizarre track of time.

°•○●○•°

She finally figured out where they were at mentally.

The warm sand between her toes, oceans waves in her ear, breeze through her hair and she had to admit, this was a good call on Ichigo part.

Abruptly Zephyr stop, where Ichigo continued two paces before looking at her over his shoulder. There weren't many people at the beach this early and It was calming seeing the sun make its slow ascend.

"C'mere." She beckon, her brown eyes still trained on where she stood.

Ichigo pace is playfully slow until her fingertips stop him at maximum arm length. Pointing her toe, she draw a line between them. Singing a lyric that he is surprised to hear. "Halfway point between, what it is and what it seem...im all in if you're all in."

"Hmm." He hums, "in that case..." stepping further from the makeshift line.

Shrugging as struggle to look up to him. "It was a song lyric anyway."

"You wouldnt have sung it, if it didn't remind you of anything."

"Look whose making something out of nothing."

He mock. "Am I lying?"

Finally she look up, the sun is reflecting off her eyes, reminiscent of red garnets. She want to be honest because Ichigo isn't the type that anyone can withhold the truth from. The man has the power to let those that can get near him, spot the truth. See the true color of a situation. Opening their eyes. Was she ready for that?

Her eyes water and instantly Ichigo feel a pang of guilt. "Whoa, whoa.." concerned as he never intended for her to start crying, trying his best to mitigate. "W-What did I say!?"

Soon he's relieved when the corner of her lips lift in a gentle smile. She shake her head wiping her eyes. "No. It's...it's not you." She sniffles, shoulders dropping as she sighs. "I feel so comfortable with you. As if i can tell you anything and not a soul would pry it from you because you'll keep it safe. But i also dont want to burden you with my issues because you're just that kind and sweet person who deserve nothing but happiness."

"Thank you," rubbing rhe back of his head. "But I'm terrible at giving advice."

"Give yourself some credit Kurosaki." Wiping her eyes again. "You're honest. That's all a person need sometimes. Especially one like me."

"What...do you mean?"

"Dont take this the wrong way but, what are we?"

The question caught him by surprise. He knew exactly what they were, but this question was asked when one was confused. "W-We are friends. Right?"

She nods, another sniffle. "Good...good." She pick her head up. "We're friends. And I said I wouldn't burden you with my bullshit. But I have no one else to talk to but myself and I'm just so confused."

"I could try and help the best way I can."

Groaning, she walked closer to Ichigo, putting her forehead in the middle of his chest. "He told me he love me this morning."

Ichigo take this moment to register her words and what he should do with his arms. He doesnt squeeze her, he hear a sigh of relief hit against him. "How do you feel about that?" Looking down to her.

"That's the thing. I should be fucking ecstatic right? I should be happy that the man I thought I was in love with said that he love me back after what? A year?"

"If yo-"

She cut him off, still rambling. "I should run to him. Forgive him for all the wrong shit he did because maybe, this is a start to something new."

He continue to hold her. "But?"

"But I don't...feel...well I don't know. Like do love him?"

"Are you asking me?" He chuckle.

"No! I just...I'm scared."

He grab her shoulders making her look to him. His smile still holding that same kindness. No judgement. Genuine. "Scared of what?"

Her eyes start to well with more tears. She close them to stop them from running as she speak, looking away from him. "Im scared because I don't know If I'm falling in love with a monster."

Ichigo try to find the words. Hearing her sniffles as she too try to understand herself. "I'm not exactly too sure on where you should go. I mean life is nothing but choices right?"

She nod, wiping her eyes again.

"Some good, some bad, some greater, some lesser. I guess the beauty of it, is that it's your choices. Your mistakes, your gain. You take what you can from each and every one of them and build on that." He see her smile. "Whether it's life in general or...love, you look back on where you came so you can look where you need to go. Am I making any sense?" He laughs.

"Yeah," she giggles, hugging him now.

He feel her come to a calm, again wondering what to do with his hands as they're in the air, before encasing her in his embrace again. A somber look in his eyes.

Now his turn to smile, rubbing her back. "You got this Starlight."

Zephyr sighs, his heart beating against her ear. "Thank you, Ichigo."

With her eyes close, listening to the soft thumping in his chest, the world is far from her mind. Just this moment she felt safe. As if nothing could touch her. The turmoil in her mind smooth from the vibrations of his voice speaking life in to her. She do got this. What's the worst that could happen that she hasn't been through before? She could never lose. Either she come out of the situation wiser, or a winner.

Zephyr is in a dream smiling against Ichigo and though far from them, sitting in the truck, fuming as his knuckles turn white from gripping the steering wheel, Grimmjow is once again resorting to old ways.

Nnoitra in the passenger seat, instigating. "It's two of us and one of him."

"Yeah..." Grimmjow grin sinister. He had to play this smart. His first thought was to confront her. Yet the smell of Yoruichi was strong on his shirt. The neon paint wouldnt help neither. "But not today. He'll get his soon enough."

Zephyr ears pick up on a familiar sound of an engine far off, but think nothing of it.

"Now, do you need a ride home?" Ichigo interrupt.

She look up to him, eyes clear as she nod her head. "Oh, yes. But how?"

Jingling keys in his hand. "Renji drove."

"What is up with you and Renji's stuff?" She laughs.

"This is me getting my lick back for all the shit he put Rukia through."

"I don't know if you're a great friend or a great enemy."

"Just don't get on my bad side." He wink. Walking past her back to the hotel. Looking over his shoulder. "We got a lot of traffick ahead, we should get going if you want to make it back."

Taking a breathe of fresh air, Zephyr look before her, the line at her feet where both their footprints stamped where the line would have been. "Gotcha. But i think i can stay a little longer." Grabbing her skirt in her fist as she followed behind him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.3K 313 7
Gin and Grimmjow are coming Soul Society, and there's bound to be trouble. What with Ichigo and Grimmjow always wanting to challenge each other to pr...
3.6K 124 19
"Cruel, and cold are the winds of time. Ishtar, will you ever return to me? Hear my voice sway with the breeze...my love will never die..." Desperati...
45.3K 722 21
one shots with bleach characters. will be taking requests, angst, fluff,x OC's and whatever you requests. disclaimer bleach does not belong to me. O...
77.4K 710 42
okay so these are just random short stories or one shots about different characters from different anime's I hope you enjoy them oh and if you find a...