Melancholy

ruani_writes által

She hated them. They loved her with everything in them. The universe truly has a sick way of telling you it... Több

✨Introduction✨
✨Character List✨
Prologue
01| Someone who could be my brother
03| You're as pretty as your mother was
04| I don't mind foster care
05| What's up my main bit-
06| You don't remember who I am?
07| Blood doesn't mean your family
08| You were taken out of pity
09| He's going to take me back
✨Character List 2✨
10| I'm not a wall, Querida
11| I have to remind myself that she left
12| Jealous much?
13| You just love fucking with me
14| Whatcha laughing at pretty boy?
15| Tell us the truth
16| Bloody hell there goes my ears
17| What's wrong, pumpkin?
✨Extended Family✨
18| I didn't kill him
19| No thanks, I prefer a bad bitch
20| I'm nothing but a burden
21| She's not my girlfriend
22| I was 9 when it first happened
23| Those fucking lips
24| No one can help me
25| It was him, wasn't it?
26| I'm Dahlia
27| You just have to make this so damn hard
28| Am I making you nervous, amor
29| Just one more minute. Please
30| I need to let go
31| She's gone, Dominic
✨Sequel✨
✨Sequel Update✨

02| She saw a damaged and broken girl

19.9K 413 204
ruani_writes által

"So what happened to no boys?" Jordan crosses his arms looking down at me as if to remind me that I was shorter than him, therefore being that he is in charge. Support the short community.

"What?"

"Are we just going to ignore the fact that you were sitting and talking to two boys? Do I need to beat anyone up?" Jordan pretended to get into a fighting stance.

"Man, I was just putting them in their place. Rude ass customers who are definitely spoiled as fuck" I groan at Jordan's antics. This boy really gotta do this now when I'm about to leave.

"I guess you can hold your own. If I ever need to beat them up, sign me up." he says wearily.

"I'm exhausted. Honestly I just want to leave and spend some time with my true love, Netflix." Yes, Netflix is my true love. I just enjoy being able to entertain myself without having to talk with other humans. Because of my mood, duh.

Currently I'm rewatching Never Have I Ever. The show isn't too bad. Devi acts like a bitch and well I would sometimes love to just throw her off a bridge. But Nalini always makes up for it. Only those with taste appreciate her acting. Paxton is good looking, you can't even deny it. But no one surpasses Tom Holland. God damn. I wouldn't mind getting behind that. And don't even get me started on his British accent. Sadly we are not there though. Yet. A girl can dream.

"Or at least try not to get on Lilith's bad side again." I mutter that part to myself but Jordan hears cringing at the mention of her.

"Why don't you sleep over?"

"I have a fight today and honestly I don't need Lilith coming to your house at 2 in the morning looking for me."

"I wish I could come to your fight but I have a shift till midnight."

"That's gotta suck. I'll pray for you as I go visit the devils house. Can't be late again." Before he could reply I'm already jogging out the door. I hop on my motorcycle and speed all the way home. My heart thumps wildly in my chest while instead of praying for Jordan I'm praying that I'm not late. Parking a few blocks away from Lilith's I grab my bag and begin running to the house. As I make it to the door I glance down at my watch. Shit. I'm 2 minutes late.

I try to silently open the door and get in as quietly as possible. Key word, try. The door makes a loud creak making it obvious that I'm home. Though nothing happens. Walking up the stairs to my room, the only noise heard is my heartbeat echoing in my ears. Is she not home? She's always home to make sure I'm not late. I think too early and before I could even sigh entering my room, a stinging sensation erupts across my cheek.

When you come home, normally you're welcomed with a small hug or kiss, or at least a polite smile. Not in my case. Instead the slap burns through my skin line an iron and I have to suppress the groan that almost escapes.

"You're late! Who were you screwing this time?!"

"I was at work. You know, like you should be." Instead of biting my tongue like usual I can't help but snap back angrily.

Lilith was a beautiful woman. There was no denying that. She has short brown hair, like me. Tan skin, like me. And even her facial structure was like mine. But instead of her brown eyes, I had an earthy shade of green. Must have been from my dad's side. Though I never want to see them again.

Yet right now, her tan skin was a darker shade of red. Her brown hair was tied back messily as her eyes stay dilated, almost black without brown.

A slap is delivered to my face making me fall to the ground or to the sudden impact. She pulls me up by my hair making me wince as her hot breath smells of strong alcohol. She throws a punch to my face but I don't react. I could easily defend myself but I held back. I don't fight. I mean she did take me in when my family died. I owe her.

I sometimes wonder if my life would still be hell if my family didn't give up on me. Or if uncle Tom didn't die in that accident. If I just haven't called him to pick me up that day. I should have walked. And now he's dead because of me. Maybe I do deserve this. I'm the reason he's dead. Me. I killed my uncle. My own father figure.

She punches me again, pushing me onto the floor and repeatedly kicking me close to my ribs. She doesn't even stop when a sickening crack is heard as I scream in pain. Instead that makes her laugh watching my misery. Finally she stops grabbing a white packet from a table on the side and leaving. Drugs. And with that she was gone as I was left on the ground, weak.

Lilith was probably high right now so I didn't have to worry about her. I layed there for 5 more minutes until I could finally get up and then dragged myself to the bathroom. I turned the water on the coldest setting as if it'll somehow ease the excruciating pain that spreads through me like a virus passing.

I sigh letting the water cascade down my back though all it does is remind me of those memories. The awful punishments that I once had to endure. Worse and terrible things. He was a monster. He was the cruelest of any of my demons. Everything he did came flooding back even as I tried pushing it away. I hear the voices laughing at me. Watching me suffer and enjoying it.

But I still couldn't get the image of him out of my head. So I scrubbed. Over and over again to maybe just scrub the feeling away out of my head to leave me alone. I don't know how long I did that except that I was basically bleeding.

I stumble out of the showers reaching for my towel that I wrap around myself before leaning against the counter staring into my own eyes. They used to be so full of life. But now they're simply dull with no emotion.

I remember a girl. She used to run around giggling as her brothers chased her home behind. She would play cook with her mom as they danced around to their favorite songs. She would sit across the grass at night with her dad beside her as he told her stories about the stars.

Her and her family would gather around their sweet principessa trying to find out who her favorite was. Her response was always the same. "I love you all the same." But as soon as she saw her pouting dad she would immediately hug him and whisper into his ear that he was her favorite. Her bright green eyes could make anyone awe as they were so filled with life.

That was until she saw the true colors of the world. In one day she lost everything. She learnt that life wasn't filled with love and happiness. Instead life is a world hidden by a veil. As if a wedding where the bride reveals herself by removing the sheer cover.

That was the day everything was shown to the girl.

She was shown the cruelty of the true world. The universe really had a weird way of telling you it's there. Her once bright green eyes that everyone used to love disgusted her as she could no longer see the sweet innocent girl that used to be there. Instead she saw a damaged and broken girl. That girl that once used to be is gone.

That girl is me.

~~~

For today's outfit I wore a gray gym set. It was one of the older pairs so the waistband was now pretty stretched out and applied less pressure on my bruising ribs. I paired the outfit with platform lace up booties. These are probably my favorite pair of shoes that I own. I've gotten used to wearing them and they're also quite useful when stepping on people in a fight. Plus boots are most of the time my go to since it always adds to my height. Bonus points.

I put my hair into 2 dutch braids that allow my hair to be away from my face and then add my rings. And boy do I have a lot. Rings are one of my favorite things to collect. I always wear my mothers necklace. Lilith said I was given it at birth. And I always wear it because it makes me feel like I still have a mother. Stupid. I know. But I couldn't care less.

It was a simple rose pendant. There was also an extra charm that said "R". I mean I don't know what I stand for but maybe her name? I never really learned anything about them. Lilith would just change the subject when brought up. It's not like I have any reason to know about them anyways since they wouldn't know anything about me.

Lastly I place my hazel contacts that cover my green eyes to keep my identity hidden. I strap a knife to my thigh and I bring my gun. I mean just in case, right? Then I climbed through my window to get out. When I do, I dust myself off and head to my motorcycle.

Taking a short cut, I drive in silence until I make it. The Underground is known as a club to most where only selected people may enter. Truth is, it's an illegal street fighting area that has a changing password to enter.

As I enter, I make a b-line to the bar where I meet Flynn. He's my favorite bartender and is like a personal therapist. His dirty blonde hair is left in a 'just got out of bed' look that doesn't look too bad. He wears full black, wiping a few shot glasses until he spots me.

"A la a mas hermosa de la habitación, amor(to the most beautiful in the room, love)" Flynn passes me a vodka grinning.

Before you say anything about me being 17 and underage, just know that I don't have any explanation. To Be honest it doesn't matter much to me. Alcohol helps ease different issues. Smoking just isn't my thing but give me a bottle of vodka and it's gone in the next 10 minutes.

"Bee?"

"Oh ya sorry flynn. Just got distracted."

"No problem. Are you excited for your fight?"

I just shrug. "Honestly I just need to beat someone up." Flynn chuckles, shaking his head just as the announcer speaks through the speakers.

"Participants for the next fight come to the mats."

"Well good luck. Even though you don't need it."

"Gracias, al más caliente de la habitación.(thanks, to the hottest in the room.)" I say holding my shot out before downing it quickly. Throwing me one last wink he turns to a different woman seated across from me.

"Over here we have the bull. One of our best fighters." The MC states. A buff looking man makes it up on stage hitting his chest like a gorilla.

Men.

"And for our special guest today we have the undefeated and unbeatable, Rylie!"

I strut on stage with my head held high. Some gasped while others cheered. I was well known in the underground. Mostly because I'm the youngest undefeated girl here. Even with things changing around here, many people still don't think that women will be able to keep up. It's a fucking pity considering leading the board are women.

Becoming a fighter was never part of my plan. As a child who didn't know how to fight back and just wanted to get by barely living, it was the last thing on my mind. That was until I first met Demetri, my coach, per se.

Flashback

God, everything hurts. Doing well on my last assignment, the teacher made me stay back to congratulate me. You would think that we would celebrate or that I was at least happy.

Yet I wasn't. I could only glance at the clock like a ticking bomb, meekly nodding to the teacher as I prayed to not be late. Though even after sprinting as fast as I could with a barely functioning ankle, I made it late.

Lilith was furious to say the least. Now my twelve year old self roams the streets at night with a new set of bruises that run up my back from the wiping I received. I had no way to tend to my wounds as I lean against an alley wall sliding to the ground, blood pouring from open cuts.

I simply cry. Cry for everything that I had to endure. I was in constant pain that made me wish that I could just disappear. Vanish into thin hair like the dove that a magician uses. I hate it here. I hate it so goddamn much.

Sobs rack through me until I have nothing else to cry except for the quiet sniffles that leave me vulnerable on the streets. Silence consumes me till the familiar clatter of beer bottles and pounding footsteps lure my head up. A group of obviously drunk men find me stumbling towards me like deprived animals.

"Well hello there beautiful. What is such a pretty girl like you doing here alone?" The man who steps forward has an evil smirk and I could feel him burning holes into my head but I didn't respond. Maybe he'll get the hint to leave me alone. But boy was I wrong. He aggressively grabs my chin and makes me look at him. His dilated eyes and crooked teeth grin at me. It was as if his teeth were sharpening to wolf like teeth that could pry into my flesh.

"I'm speaking to you, little girl."

My hands stay frozen at my sides as I try to think of a way out. I hated that they all stared at me like I was a piece of meat. I stiffen even further when his dirty and sticky hands find their way to my waist. God, I felt disgusted.

"You are so beautiful." he slurs and starts to lean in while I move my head back as much as I could even as my head hits the wall behind me. His friends watched with hungry looks waiting for their turn. He was now an inch away from me and I had to use all the strength in me to push him away.

His hand lands across my cheek the same way Lilith's did. A kick is delivered to my already bruised ribs that scream at me to help. I stayed rooted in the spot waiting for another kick to come but it never did. I slowly looked up to see a man around the age of 25. He had the man held at gunpoint. The rest of the guy had dispersed leaving just the two left.

He looked furious. He glances at me and his eyes soften gently. He pulls the man away from my view and the ringing shot echoes in the silence of the night. Though I hold no remorse. He deserved it.

The younger man comes back crouching down to my height seeming sympathetic towards my shaking figure. Slowly he holds a hand out for me to take. I hesitated until seeing the encouraging look on his face before putting my hand in his. He pulls me up just as the world starts spinning around me. I could feel myself stumbling on my feet just as he caught me. Passing out is the last thing I remember.

Waking up the first thing I see is the man tending to my wounds. I jumped away from him panic filling my body that he may have done something while I was out.

"Hey. I'm not going to hurt you." he said, taking a cautious step forward. I sigh and sit back down on the bed I was laying in. I couldn't care anymore. I'd rather him kill me at this point then have to go back to Lilith.

"I stitched up a few cuts that you had on your back. And bandaged the rest. Now can you tell me how you have so many cuts and bruises on your body. And what you were doing in a back alley at night?"

I stay silent praying for my end to come sooner. I just wanted to leave. Yet I still couldn't ignore the soothing and comforting tone in his voice. As I truly didn't want to hurt me.

"I wont do anything to you. And I can help you if you tell me what's wrong. I can't let you go back home without knowing if you're okay?"

At that moment I broke. Like a dam that had finally opened. No one had asked me if I was okay in the last 5 years. Every little thing pushing against my walls until it finally snaps. I broke down crying while the man gently stroked my back. I suddenly couldn't breathe. My airway was slowly starting to close. Tears ran down my face and I couldn't stop. I gasped for air until I was pulled into a hug. No one had given me a hug in a long time. It felt surreal.

"Just listen to my heartbeat." I did and my breathing evened out. I've had panic attacks before but I usually just waited for it to end. No one has ever been able to help.

"Thank you-"

"Demetri."

"Arabella."

"So what happened?"

I ended up telling him everything. Starting from my parents' not wanting me to abuse. I couldn't stop the way my mouth moved with a free will just as Dimitri freezes taking in everything I'm saying. The pitiful stare is all he shows trying his best to hide the anger behind it.

"Can you teach me?"

"What?"

"The way you held the gun at him with no effort. You weren't scared and looked like you knew how to defend yourself. Teach me how."

And that was when I started. I worked at the diner on weekends. Then after school I would meet Demetri at the gym or the tracks that he owned. He taught me how to fight and how to drive a car. Well more like racing a car.

By the time I was 14 I started competing in races at the track. Each time I won, I earned prize money. I usually gave half of it to Demetri even though he refused. I knew I had to somehow pay for his lessons and so I did. The races became more difficult and caused a few failures. Though I stood back up ready for my next chance to win. By the time I was 16 I was unbeatable. I was known as "Rylie". It's actually my middle name.

Ironic considering it means "something strong" so it was perfect for my hell also known as life.

Authors Note

Hola mi bitches!

Chapter two! Lilith is a compete bitch but the best is yet to come. I can't wait!

Just see you next time!

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

Flicker of Hope fiya által

Ifjúsági irodalom

455K 10.4K 64
Hope. Such a trivial thing but if given, it could be the best or the worst thing that happened to you. Evianna Rose Romano. Daughter of the Italian...
32.6K 758 37
Vita Mia: My life ***************************************** She has never wanted to take any part in the mafia world that her abusive and manipulativ...
1.6M 42.4K 59
"Let me go, you sick, twisted, bastard!" I seethed through gritted teeth. I felt an uncontrollable amount of fear rake over my body. I soon began to...
223 2 11
Nailah If you had told me a year ago the hell I would go through because of Greed and Anger, I would have laughed in your face. Not because of the ab...