Miles Apart

By _dat_one_girl_

Isabella and Miles, two complete opposites find themselves being paired up for the rest of their senior year... More

1|Senior Year
2|Fashion Show
3|Team Captain
4|You're late
5|Stay Indoors
6| Boredom Strikes
7|Movie Night
8|Burnt Waffles
9| Lunch Table
10|Rule Break
11|Touchdown
12|Mia
13|New Beginnings
14|Mini Millers
15|Lunch Time
16|Everything's Changed
17|Free Period
18|Leonardo's Return
19|Support System
20|Mia II
21|Two Lovebirds
22|In Control
23|Double Date
25|Radio Silent
26|Broken Bonds
27|Our Spot
28|Graduation Day

24|Jock Awards

5.3K 190 58
By _dat_one_girl_

*Isabella's POV*

"I still can't believe you're going to the jock awards." Mia said as she comfortably spread across my bed.

"Yeah well, neither can I." I said while spinning around in circles trying to find a shoe to go with my dress.

I screamed.

"Isabella calm down. The shoe is over there." she pointed to the shoes on the floor next to my closet.

"Oh."

"Besides why are you wearing high heels anyway? I thought you hated them and long dresses."

"I do but..." I started to explain but trailed off.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I was nervous. I had never been to one of these and to make it even worse, Miles was my date. I already knew all eyes would be on me.

"You look fine. Deep breaths." Mia said standing behind me.

I inhaled then exhaled.

"Thank you." I said then hugged her.

Tessa was the one that was suppose to be here but she cancelled last minute. Luckily, Mia was quick to be her replacement.

"You ready to go?"

I nodded.

...

When I stepped foot on the pathway of the entrance, I immediately spotted Miles talking to a few guys at the door.

He cleaned up nicely. He had on a black tuxedo with a white shirt that was a little bit on the tight side but fitted him perfectly. You could see how it highlight his muscular torso from a far.

I took a deep breath then walked forward to them.

"Hey guys." I said trying to sound polite as possible.

"Wow, Is you look, wow." Miles said and I could feel my cheeks getting warm.

I watched as the other guys looked at me and smiled.

"Oh sorry. Guys, this is my date Isabella." Miles said.

"Nice to meet you Isabella, I'm Ryan." he said then kissed my hand respectfully. I recognized him from the football team.

"I'm Yamen." the second guy said then shook my hand.

"Peter." the third one said with a salute.

"Nice to meet you all." I said.

...

The ceremony started about 30 minutes ago and all the awardees have been rewarded his various prizes. It was now time for the announcer to announce the player of the year.

"This year was very tough. There was a close interval between these three players. Nominees please make your way up to the stage as I call you."  the announcer started.

"Keith Briers from Seaview Academy."

"Joseph Lynch from Trashville School of Excellence."

"And last but not lease Miles Norman from Millersville High." 

We all applauded each boy after their name was called.

The three boys stood side by side, anxiously waiting for the winner to be announced.

"Before I announce the winner, I just want to say that all three boys have impacted the association tremendously. I remember-"

"Just start already!" someone from the impatient audience shouted.

"Okay, second runner up goes to...Joseph Lynch from Trashville!"

"First runner up goes to...Keith Briers from Seaview!"

"And finally, player of the year goes to...Miles Norman from Millersville High!"

We all clapped with me clapping a little harder than I was suppose to.

Miles came back to his seat and I hugged him.

We made our rounds. Miles was being congratulated by almost everyone and I was being introduced to everyone that came to us. I felt a little overwhelmed having to be the player of the year's date.

Miles was more than happy since he was smiling in public. He would barely smile when we were behind closed doors much less when we were in public. Football really brought out the happier side of him.

"Smiling and staring at me. You must have it really bad for me." he said.

I hadn't even realized I was smiling at him.

"Don't flatter yourself."

He laughed and was going to say something but he looked on his phone. His smile faded.

"Is everything okay?"

"Everything's fine. I'll you later okay?"

I nodded my head then he gave me a forehead kiss and ran off.

I sighed then looked at the view before me. I was standing on the terrace of the hall. It was night so I couldn't really see anything but I still imagined.

"What are you doing out here by yourself?" Troy asked coming to stand next to me with a drink in his hand.

"I could ask you the same. Aren't you suppose to be with Tessa?"

"Yeah but she disappeared. I tried calling her but she wouldn't pick up so." he shrugged then took another chug of his drink. He looked sad.

"Congrats on your award."

"Thanks."

"Are you okay?"

"I could really use my girlfriend right now." he said. His eyes were watering. "We had a fight and we both said some stuff neither of us should've said."

I nodded. "Let's go and find her."

We started off in the main hall then the bathrooms. We looked everywhere we couldn't find her.

"Maybe she left?"

"No, I have her keys. Let's the locker room." Troy said and we went.

"You're making the biggest mistake of your life." I heard a voice shout.

"I think I heard her. Let's go." I said but Troy held me back.

"She's talking to someone, wait."

"Miles please." she said.

Troy and I both looked at each other with raised eyebrows.

"No Tessa. I'm with Isabella."

"Oh please. You're only using her to get to me. Do you actually think I would believe you would fall for a nerd like her. She will never be in our social group."

My heart dropped and waterfilled my eyes. How could my 'bestfriend' talk about me like that.

"Okay maybe I was using her to get back at you with the date but I do like her. I don't care about social groups. Sleeping with you was a mistake and we both know it."

I looked over at Troy who's nostrils were blowing out steam.

"It wasn't a mistake Miles. I love you. I never liked Troy. I only used him to get close to you. Give us a chance please." she said then took his hands.

Miles was going to say something but Troy didn't give him a chance because he accidentally dropped a chair alerting them of our preference.

The colour from both their faces disappeared as they watched Troy and I stand there with tears in both of our eyes.

I looked at Troy who's hands were developing into fist. He walked up to Miles and started punching Miles all over, mostly the face. Miles didn't even bother to fight back. Troy had all reason to be mad. His girlfriend who he thought loved him cheated on him with his own bestfriend.

"Both of you are dead to me." he said then walked out.

Then there was me.

Both Tessa and Miles looked down at the ground. Probably too ashamed to look at me.

"Isabella..." Miles started off but before he could continue I was out the door.

He used me for whatever sick twisted romance game he and Tessa had.

I thought Tessa was different from her other friends. I thought she wouldn't ever talk about social statuses since she was once in the same social group as I am.

Troy and I were in the same both boat; betrayed by both our bestfriend and partner.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.9K 288 33
Rylee and Theo are finally together. With a new season on the way, there is nothing that can stand in their route to happiness. Or is there? A friend...
1.3M 41.1K 36
In this sequel to Falling Helplessly, Miles and Isabella find each other again. It's as if they're meant to be. What will the future hold for them? ...
19K 691 36
Meet Emily Hayes. Pretty, kind of popular - and totally smitten by Jake. Meet Jake Williams. Badass, captain of the football team- and he barely ackn...
1.8K 98 44
"So what did you think of the assignment?" He persisted in getting an answer but Bailey had another conversation already in mind. "I noticed you loo...