Paubaya

By annewithan_eee

"Hindi man natin nagawa yung mga pangarap natin, masaya na ko pinagamahan natin, masaya ako na masaya ka." en... More

chapter one.

26 5 2
By annewithan_eee

"Joshua,
do you take Julia to be your lawful wife,
to have and to hold,
from this day forward,
for better, for worst,
for richer, for poorer,
in sickness and in health
until death do you part?

"I do," Joshua said without hesitation, looking at his soon-to-be wife lovingly.

By Moira Dela Torre
Paubaya

-saan nag simula magbago ang lahat?-

-kailan nung ako'y di na naging sapat?-

-ba't 'di mo sinabi nung una palang?-

-Ako ang kailangan, pero 'di ang mahal.-

"Come on Josh, hurry up!" Julia said while dragging Josh to the seats.
They are now at the church for their weekly prayer to God.

-saan nagkulang ang aking pagmamahal?-

"In the name of The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit, amen." They both said in sync and silently prayed separately.

-lahat ay binigay nang mapangiti ka lang.-

When they were done, they stood up and headed straight to the door. But before they got out, Joshua stopped and- "J-Josh?" Julia gasped, on the verge of crying.

-ba't 'di ko nakita na ayaw mo na?-

Joshua kneeled in front of Julia while holding an engagement ring in his hand.

-ako ang kasama, pero hanap mo s'ya.-

"Julia, will you m-marry me?" Joshua stuttered, scared of Julia's answer. Julia took a deep breath, bent down, and pinched Joshua's cheeks. "Yes, of course I'll marry you, love," Julia said smiling happily, without hesitation. They touched their foreheads together and smiled at each other, enjoying the beautiful moment. Joshua backed up and placed the engagement ring on Julia's ring finger.

-at kung masaya kasa piling n'ya, hindi ko na 'pipilit pa.-

Joshua stood up in excitement to hug his future wife, they both fell in each other's arms, jumping and smiling like they just won the lottery. Julia and Joshua closed their eyes and Joshua kissed Julia's forehead passionately.
They tried rehearsing the wedding. Visualizing what their future wedding looks like, Julia walked down the aisle holding a beautiful bouquet of roses.

-ang tanging hiling ko lang sa kanya huwag kang paluhain at alagaan ka nya.-

They were smiling like there was no tomorrow, just imagining that they were going to be there for each other till their last breaths are making them cry tears of joy.

>wedding<

-saan na tigil ang pagiging totoo,

Julia looked incredibly beautiful with her white gown. Her gown was off-shouldered & backless, with deep cleavage showing her collarbones, the designs were unique, the dress made her look like she was glowing, simple but she looked absolutely gorgeous. Her hair was tied up in a decent bun to really show her beauty. Joshua was wearing a black wedding tuxedo and black pants, simple but he still looked stunning.

As the gates open, they both saw each other and Joshua looked at his soon-to-be wife tiredly yet lovingly. Julia looked at Joshua and plastered a forced smile.

sa tuwing mababanggit na mahal mo ako?-

Julia slowly walked down the aisle looking at Joshua keeping the forced smile plastered on her face.

-ba't 'di mo inamin na merong iba?-

{'Joshua stood up in excitement to hug his future wife, they both fell in each other's arms, jumping and smiling like they just won the lottery. They tried rehearsing the wedding. Visualizing what their future wedding looks like, Julia walked down the aisle holding a beautiful bouquet of white roses.'}

As Julia was getting closer, Joshua took a deep breath and examined Julia's appearance. Joshua looked at her heels to eyes, comprehending her beauty. Joshua walked closer to Julia and lift his elbow signaling Julia to lock arms with him as they walk closer to the altar.

-ako yung kayakap, pero hanap mo s'ya.-

{'Julia and Joshua closed their eyes and Joshua kissed Julia's forehead passionately.'}

-at kung masaya,

"Julia,
do you take Joshua to be your lawful husband,
to have and to hold,
from this day forward,
for better, for worst,
for richer, for poorer,
in sickness and in health
until death do you part?

"..."

"Julia?" The pastor asked again.

"Oum, a-ah a-ah y-yes, I-I do" Julia stuttered looking uneasy, uncertain of her answer.

Just when Joshua was going to place the ring on Julia's ring finger, Julia spoke and said, "I-I'm s-sorry. I-I'm s-sorry J-Josh." Julia said sobbing and ran like a damsel in distress to the door.

ka sa piling nya, hindi ko na ipipilit pa.-

('They were smiling like there was no tomorrow, just imagining that they were going to be there for each other till their last breaths are making them cry tears of joy.')

-ang tanging hiling ko lang sa kanya,

The ceremony was over, everyone left, there was now only Joshua at the seats crying alone. He looked at the altar and a flashed back of the past and what just happened today filled his vision, he cried even more.

'wag kang paluhain at alagaan ka n'ya.-

Unexpectedly, Julia was still there also. Julia peeked at the crying Joshua and walked past the door, to him, keeping her forehead low.

"I'm sorry." She took a deep breath, "I'm sorry... Josh." She wiped her tears and looked at Joshua.

"I'm sorry napagod ako.
I'm sorry nawala ako."

"Natakot ako kasi hindi kita mahanap no'n."

"Binigay ko lahat, binigay ko sa'yo lahat naubos lang ako."

"I'm s-sorry n-nasaktan kita." Julia managed to let out.

"I'm sorry," Joshua said.

"Sorry kung wala ako nung mga panahong kailangan mo 'ko."

"Sorry kung wala ako nung kailangan mo nang makakapitan."

"Sorry kung 'di kita na protektahan."

Joshua sighed, " 'Di manlang kita maprotektahan." He sobs.

...

"Natakot ako, sobra." Joshua continued.

"Pero gusto ko andun ako, gusto ko andun ako nung nasasaktan ka."

"Pero wala," he looked at Julia, "siguro kase alam ko na," he stopped and took a deep breath, "na hindi talaga tayo para sa isa't isa."

"Sinubukan naman natin diba?" Julia asks looking at Josh, "ninalaban naman natin 'di ba?"

Joshua weeps and wipes his tears, "Yeah, we tried."

Joshua looked at Julia trying to smile despite the tears. "Gusto kong mag-thank you sa'yo sa lahat ng memories na binigay mo sakin. Joshua sighed and sniffed. "Hindi man natin nagawa yung mga pangarap natin, masaya na ko sa mga pinagamahan natin, masaya ako na masaya ka."

Julia inhaled, wiped away the tears, and smiled at Joshua, "Gusto ko maging masaya ka din."

She looked at him lovingly and said, "Thank you."

"Thank you," Joshua said thankfully.

"Thank you, thank you." She faintly said while sobbing. "Thank you."

"Thank you." Joshua said.

Julia nodded and sighed.

...

Joshua gestured at Julia, meaning he wants a hug.

Julia sobs and slowly walked to Joshua. Joshua held Julia's neck, "Gusto ko na malaman mo na, na pinapatawad kita." Joshua said. Looking at each other, Julia replied "Pinapatawad din kita."

They hugged and sobbed in each other's hands.

They looked at each other again and Joshua kissed Julia's cheek.

...

"Kinailangan kong," he exhales loudly, "take care of yourself." He looks at Julia.

-ako yung nauna,

Joshua slowly walked out the door leaving Julia behind.

pero s'ya ang wakas.-

('Come on Josh, hurry up!" Julia said while dragging Josh to the seats.
They are now at the church for their weekly prayer to God.')

-At kita naman sa'yong mga mata, kung bakit pinili mo s'ya,-

-Mahirap labanan ang tinadhana.-

...

-Pinapatawad-

-Pinapalaya-

-Pinapaubaya, ko na sa kan'ya.-

When Joshua walked out, Julia cried.

Continue Reading