Classroom Of The Elite: The S...

By UAM-19

Kiyotaka Ayanokōji, the sole survivor of the Demonic 4th Generation has completed the set curriculum for him... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Class S
Chapter 2: S System
Chapter 4: Interactions
Chapter 5: Class Ideologies
Chapter 6: May 1st
Chapter 7: Class Of Mystery
Chapter 8: Investigations
Chapter 9: Revelations
Chapter 10: Negotiation
Chapter 11: Study Group
Chapter 12: Preparation
Chapter 13: Class D
Chapter 14: Exam Results
Chapter 15: Limelight
SS1: Professor Ayanokōji - Unique Experiment
Well...

Chapter 3: Club Fair

7.7K 291 64
By UAM-19

Ayanokōji POV

As the next day rolled around I woke up at 6 am and proceeded to do a morning workout, this would be necessary to maintain my physique especially if I were to be involved in a 'special exam' that requires athleticism over other qualities such as academics. Due to me not having any access to any equipment right now I opted to do the hardest exercises you can do without equipment.

I did each exercise for a minute with a ten-second break in between and did around 25 minutes of exercise in total. After this, I ran around the outer edge of the campus for 30 minutes whilst taking in the beautiful view of the ocean. As I've only really ever read and seen it within books within that place. After returning I took a shower and got ready for the new day. I felt much more energetic than usual, maybe this was due to the excitement of what this new life will bring me.

After getting ready I realised I had time to spare and decided to research someone who interested me, Ichika Yuzuriha.

After typing that into the search bar many results came up all about a child genius prodigy who went on to discover many groundbreaking things, It seemed that she was famous across the whole world being discussed as being in the top 50 smartest people of all time. Her official IQ has not been revealed but it is presumed to be around the 160 - 180 range. This certainly answers the question that I had yesterday as to why she said she doesn't specialise in any subject as she is also described as the most well-rounded genius, showing amazing results in multiple fields of work. The only possible reason for her being here at ANHS is that she was selected by either that man or the director of the school, the most likely possibility is that both of them agreed, to be my specific homeroom teacher whilst also teaching me all my subjects since having a genius teacher would mean that they correctly understand all the materials they're going through. Which depending on her teaching ability my knowledge would most definitely improve, not as efficiently as the white room but still improving nonetheless.

Seeing as the time for school had arrived I set out from my dorm room. Before leaving I noticed that I had left the room in nearly the exact same state I had found it in when I first entered yesterday.

"I'll be going now"

I whispered these words to myself, I had always wanted to say that and since I had a home to return to now it seems like the right thing to do. It also made me just that bit more excited to return at the end of the day.

- - - - -

When I arrived at the classroom I noticed the new 10 desks set up and once again set my bags down beside my desk. After waiting a few minutes the bell rang signalling the start of homeroom, I instinctively turned my gaze towards the sliding door however it didn't open, I sat there slightly confused still focused on the closed door. Another minute had passed and there was no change, so I decided to get up and decided to investigate the case of the missing homeroom teacher. As I approached the door It slammed open to reveal an out of breath Yuzuriha sensei, after noticing me standing there she flashed me a weak smile.

"Ahhh... Kiyotaka Kun"

It seems that she had run here in a panic after oversleeping as she still had some bed hair.

I made my way back to my seat whilst Sensei sluggishly made her way over to the podium. It seems that Sensei was still very tired since as soon as she got to the podium she was slumped over it and sleeping again. As it looked comfortable for her I decided to leave her be.

The end of homeroom had arrived and since Yuzuriha Sensei was still asleep I thought it would be best to wake her up. After nudging her slightly she made woke up whilst groaning at the fact that she had to wake up. In all honestly, it's nice to her like this but she kind of has to teach my classes so it'd be best to wake her up.

After having finally woken up sensei proceeded with the lessons. The overall level of them was most definitely beyond that of a 1st-year high schooler however they could still be considered somewhat easy.

- - - - -

The bell rang signalling the end of the lessons. I got up to leave. As I started to leave a voice ran out over the speakers.

"At 5 PM today, we will be holding a student club fair. In Gymnasium No. 1. Students interest in joining a club, please gather in gymnasium No. 1. I repeat-"

A sweet voice continued to relay the message. Club activities, Thinking back I'd never thought to consider joining one.

This could be a good opportunity to gather more information on the other classes in my year. Seeing the number of students joining certain types of clubs can give me a decent idea of their strengths. I could also maybe look for a club I would like to join.

- - - - -

As I made my way down to the first floor to return to the dormitories, I noticed the Tatsuya talking to a girl who had short beige-coloured hair. She was tugging at his arm whilst he looked sort of embarrassed.

Unfortunately for me, it seems that he had noticed me and started to frantically wave as a way of greeting me. I replied with an awkward shake of my hand.

The girl beside him looked at me with curiosity and also started waving as to which I continued my awkward gesture from before.

- - -

"Is that a friend of yours?" Asked Kushida beside me.

"Nah I just met him yesterday, I don't even know his name" after replying, I looked up to see the mystery man had disappeared.

"Wait where did he go... anyway, Tatsuya Kun could you help me with something..."

- - - - -

I looked down at my watch once again noticing the time was 4:45 PM I decided to set off towards the gymnasium.

From the explanation of the S system I had received from Yuzuriha sensei, It appears that there are rewards for joining clubs. As I weighed the risks and rewards of joining a club I found myself at gymnasium No. 1.

"There are more people than I had expected"

From a quick scan on the inside, I noticed that quite a large portion of the first years had attended the club fair. As to remain as inconspicuous as possible I chose to remain nearer the back.

While waiting I skimmed through the leaflet that you receive upon entering the gymnasium. It mainly highlights the basics of each club and its activities.

As I skimmed through it I had noticed there was no standout club, I had thought that each school had a club which they were famous for, for example, Karasuno High being famous for its volleyball. However, this school seemed to not have a standout which was peculiar.

Though there was no standout, this school was famous for having created many top-level athletes that are famous throughout the nation. Inspecting the equipment and sorts, each club did seem to operate on a high level.

In the leaflet, each clubs access to equipment is detailed. The students would have access to high-level equipment such as O2 chambers, The equipment was certainly luxurious surpassing the levels of professionals' apparatus.

A short while later the same sweet voice that had announced the club fair rang out in the gymnasium again.

"Thank you all for waiting, first-year students. We will now begin the club fair. A representative from each club will explain their function. My name is Tachibana, the student council secretary and the club fair's organiser. It's nice to meet you all."

After having delivered her opening speech Tachibana stepped to the side to allow the club representatives to take centre stage. The lineup was quite diverse. The club representatives included everything, ranging from burly athletes in judo uniforms to students dressed in beautiful kimonos.

As the club representatives went through their individual speeches I felt a slap on my back, I turned around to find Arata Tatsuya.

"How's it going?" He asked

"Pretty basic in my personal opinion" I replied. In response he let out a light chuckle.

As I looked to his side my gaze met the same black-haired girl I had quizzed yesterday at the convenience store, since this was the second time of meeting them I thought I'd try my hand at introducing myself.

"Hey I'm Kiyotaka Ayanokōji, nice to meet you"

I received no reply except for a cold glare. It seems that she wasn't the most social type

"Why are you introducing yourself to me?"

"..." I certainly hadn't expected that reply, I thought the worst result would be that she would say she doesn't want to say her name, but it seems I'm way worse at social interactions than I had previously thought.

"Ooh, that's gotta hurt. Hey, don't worry about it man she's always like that. She has what you would call a superiority complex" Tatsuya said trying to break the awkward silence.

"Who do you think you're talking about" she snapped

I couldn't help but enjoy this interaction between the two. After being annoyed by Tatsuya repeatedly it seems that she had succumbed to his tiresome behaviour and decided to finally introduce herself.

*sigh* "My name is Suzune Horikita," she said briskly

Straight after her short introduction, she had suddenly tensed up. She stared past me, her face pale. It seemed that Tatsuya had also noticed her peculiar behaviour as he narrowed his eyes at her.

"Is something wrong?" I asked

She didn't even notice me calling out to her anymore. I noticed how intense her gaze was, I followed it towards the stage, her gaze landed upon a singular figure on the stage.

As the club representatives finished their introductions, they walked off the stage and headed toward an area where there were multiple tables laid out. This was most likely an area designated to be a sign-up area to accept new members. As the upperclassmen left the stage one by one I noticed the figure that Horikita was eyeing earlier stood still on the stage.

He was a man of average height. He was slender, with sleek black hair. He wore sharp glasses and has a piercing, calculating gaze. Standing in front of the microphone, he calmly looked around at the first-years.

"..."

He didn't say a single word. Was perhaps nervous or overwhelmed by the unexpected number of students within the venue?

People from the crowd hounded him with comments in a mocking way. Despite this, he stood there with complete confidence. The laughter and the comments that were being hurled at him quickly faded out, until they stopped completely.

The relaxed atmosphere around the gymnasium changed quite drastically from the lively and upbeat atmosphere earlier to one that was now unbelievably tense. The silence was the only thing that spread throughout the venue. Not a single student, not even one attempted to speak out. This continued for another twenty seconds...

"I'm the student council president. My name is Horikita Manabu"

Huh, Horikita? I looked back at the female Horikita. I thought it could be a coincidence, however, based on her reaction it indicated it was not a coincidence at all.

"The student council is looking to recruit potential candidates among the first-years to replace the third years who will be graduating. The student council has no special requirements for its candidacy however we ask that those who are considering application not be affiliated with a club. We generally do not accept students involved elsewhere."

The start of the speech did not help the tense atmosphere. Horikita Manabu, without uttering a single word had silenced over a hundred students in the gymnasium. This highlighted his strength quite clearly. This strength, however, was not determined by his position as the student council president but instead it was his own strength.

"Furthermore, we in the student council do not wish to appoint anyone who possesses a naive outlook. Not only would such a person not be elected, but he or she would also sully the sanctity of this school. It is the student council's right and duty to enforce and amend the rules, but the school expects more than that. We gladly welcome those of you who understand this." With this final statement, his speech had ended.

His speech was one that radiated confidence. He ran the entirety of his piece without stopping or stuttering. One can clearly get the impression that he is the one at the top of the school.

The idea of the student council did pique my interest as it may be beneficial for me to join allowing me to have more influence across the school. This would also help me with the greatest disadvantage of mine, the lack of access to information. This would most likely be solved by joining the student council.

"Thank you all for coming. The club fair has ended. We will now open the reception area to anyone interested in signing up. Also, registration will be open until the end of April, so if any student wishes to join at a later date, we ask that you please bring the application directly to the club you wish to join." Thanks to Tachibana's laid back tone, the tense atmosphere dissipated immediately.

As I went on ahead towards the registration area I looked back for a brief moment to see Horikita still frozen. Whilst Tatsuya waved his hand ahead of her to attract her attention.

On the forms for an application I realised that you have to include your class for your application, as I didn't want to reveal myself being a part of class S and also wanted to consider the prospect of joining the student, I chose not to apply to any clubs.

Whilst scouting out the registration area I saw that the red-haired boy I saw yesterday was signing up for the basketball club. He certainly did seem to be built for it with a tall height and decently well-built body.

Based on the fact that he seemed very excited to join the club I began to draw a theory in my head around the student. He seemed to have an extremely short fuse as he lashed out twice in the short time I was in his vicinity. He did not appear to be the smartest based on his irrational thought process and charging headfirst into brawls. So his acceptance into this school would most likely be based on very high athletic abilities to offset the lower level academic side.

I had realised I have scouted only class D students so far so I decided to eavesdrop on other conversations however I only drew blanks as the conversation were nothing more than meaningless idle chatter.

I decided that my time here was finished and made my way back towards the exit. My expedition yielded results that exceeded my expectations, giving me an insight into what could be a useful component to class D on the athletic side and also making the connection between the Horikita siblings may prove useful at a later time. I also have the student council to consider.

A/N

Would you guys like to see Kiyo join the student council? I haven't seen it in other fanfics at all so it could be a first.

Thanks for reading! <3

Leave any criticism here

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

376K 13.4K 58
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six ━ season se...
79K 3.5K 20
Grosvenor Square, 1813 Dearest reader, the time has come to place our bets for the upcoming social season. Consider the household of the Baron Feathe...
177K 4.7K 40
" She is my wife, stay away from her!" " Keep trying she will remain mine. " " Show me your scars, I want to see how many times you needed...
1.1M 20.1K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...