Bound to the Alpha

By RhodaSLyons

An arranged mating. Two enemy Packs. A killer on the loose. Angelina Montgomery has lived the life of a lone... More

Prologue
1. Le premier
2. Strange Visitor
3. Silver Dawn
4. Future Brother-in-law?
5. Plan A- Find Evie
6. Truce
7. The Shiver
8. Found
9. Ashes
10. Lady Irene
11. Call Me Fraud
12. Red Spot
13. Right Hand Man
14. Find Me
15. Council
16. Unravel
17. If Only
18. Le Sucre
19. Don't fool me
20. Deal Or No Deal
21. Conditions
22. One In Spirit
23. Queen Of The Pack
24. Lost Girl
26. Between Worlds
27. Playing With Fire
28. Come And Get It
29. Speak Up
30. Maze of You
31. Piece of Me
32. Like, Mated?
33. No One Like You
34. The Wards
35. Float Away
36. Where The Taken Go
37. Ghosts
38. Undone
39. Never Again
40. Cold Heart
41. Red Hot
42. Mercy
43. Birthday Boy
44. First Born
45. Two Hands Bloody
46. Eris
47. Lights
48. Truth Be Told
49. Bound
Epilogue
A/N

25. The Girl With Green Eyes

14.6K 816 92
By RhodaSLyons

Angelina jolted from her afternoon nap to the sound of screaming.

The type of screaming you never wanted to hear.

She rolled out of bed. The book she was reading through earlier dropped at her feet as she ambled to the window settee, peering out to the yard where a woman held a limp boy in her arms. Even from where she stood, she could see that he was much too pale to be considered fine. "ALPHA! PLEASE! OH GODDESS!"

Mason was out on the grass a second later.

After he had left in the morning, it appeared that he found himself a pair of denim jeans to wear that had a frayed hole in the right knee. Angelina was confident that the hole wasn't a fashion trend. He also wore an airy shirt that ruffled when the breeze grazed his sides. His feet were bare, which struck her as weird as he fell to his knees beside the boy, checking over him as the mother cried on in agony.

It reminded her of the cries the Pack shed when Jack had been found.

Angelina unlatched the window slightly, listening in.

"Someone get Tamsyn here!" Mason ordered.

"Already phoned her. She's-"

"-Here. I'm here." The woman herself looked as if she appeared out of thin air. She was dressed elegantly in a flowing summer dress with pink roses. Trailing her in a dark, sharp suit ensemble was Irene. The woman approached the scene solemnly, examining the situation.

"Tell us what happened." Mason asked the sobbing woman as Tamsyn took the boy, laying him out on the grass. She checked his pulse, his mouth and patted him from head to toe, searching for injuries.

"I don't know. I just came to wake him up and he wasn't responding. He's breathing fine and all but he's not waking up."

Since they were all right below her window, she scrutinised the sleeping boy.

"That's Brett."

Angelina suffocated the scream in her throat as the familiar little girl crawled up beside her on the settee and pressed her nose close against the window. "He stayed too long." She whispered quietly, her breath making a circle of fog against the glass.

"May? What are you doing here?" She had to clear her throat before asking. She almost had a heart-attack because of the girl. She still couldn't believe how quiet the girl had been.

Emerald eyes blinked up at her, "Hi Angelina. Sorry I spooked you. I'm not good at being loud enough sometimes when I come to a room." She sounded sad, "I didn't scare you too badly did I?" She blinked up at her with round, apologetic eyes.

"No, that's okay."

"He needs help quickly Angelina." May whispered, solemn. It was strange hearing such a tone in the little girl's voice.

"You see Tamsyn there? She's there to heal him." She softened her voice. She didn't want to make her worry. From what she experienced herself and felt, she knew Tamsyn was more than an adequate healer. The woman used her affinity to benefit the Pack. She had a healer's heart that mourned when anyone was hurt. "I'm sure she'll get him healed up in no time." She assured the little girl.

"She won't be able to wake him up." May shook her head. Her lopsided ponytails bounced from the jerky movements. "But you can." She brightened. "All you got to do is this." The little girl took her hands and blew a soft current into her palms. Cold air brushed her hands. When she glanced down at her fingers, nothing looked different except for the coolness that felt like it created a thin invisible film over her skin.

"What am I supposed to do?"

"Just touch his cheeks. You only have a few minutes before he's stuck." She admitted, looking guilty.

"Stuck? What do you mean May?"

"Next time I'll tell you but you need to go now." She pulled her up, tugging her to the door urgently.

"May, I-"

For a small thing, she had lots of strength in her small frame as she pushed her to the hallway. Angelina found her footing and looked over shoulder to see that the girl had already gone. She heard the echo of the woman's cries, it chilled her blood, pulling her thoughts abruptly into the present.

She hastily descended the stairs, finding a few more new faces had joined the crowd, looking on with worry.

Tamsyn shook the boy's shoulder, coercing him to wake up. Her brows furrowed as she cupped his cheeks. A soft glow emanated from her palms but nothing happened.

The boy continued to sleep, lost to the world and his mother's sobs.

"He's growing cold." Mason noted, brushing a few fingers over the boy's temple.

"I-I don't know what's wrong with him." Tamsyn brushed her hands along his sides of his petite frame. Panic was slowly setting in across her soft features. "There's no external or internal injuries. It seems like he's stuck in his sleep."

"His heart rate is dropping." Mason had positioned his hand flat on the boy's chest, frowning.

The boy's mother shook her head, "No! Do something Tamsyn. Please!" She pleaded desperately. A few women in the Pack held her close, trying to ease the sobs that shook her body.

"He's not breathing." Someone yelled.

Angelina felt her legs move before her mind caught up. She kneeled beside Mason, feeling the damp grass cushion her knees.

"What the hell are you doing?" Irene appeared behind her. "Move away. This is an emergency!"

"Angelina." Mason regarded her with confusion. She couldn't blame him. She felt stupid barging in. "Now isn't the time to intercept yourself-"

"Then I'll be quick." Angelina raised her cold hands, touching it against Brett's cheeks. She wasn't entirely sure what she was supposed to do. May's instructions had been simple, too easy to apply. May could've been bluffing but the little girl had been too earnest to carry deception. Yet, Brett's response to her icy hands was immediate. His body lurched up as colour returned to his face, filling his cheeks with a pinkish hue. His eyes snapped open as he inhaled sharply. His chest enlarged, replenishing with air before he broke into a violent coughing fit.

Tamsyn immediately moved, planting her palms over his chest. His coughs softened into softer dry heaves. His mother rushed out from the arms that held her, pulling her son into her chest. "Thank the Moon Goddess!" She cried.

Brett blinked, still dazed. His eyes shifted to the crowd of Pack members surrounding them. His cheeks darkened to red as he hid his face into his mother's neck, probably overwhelmed by the attention on him.

Angelina slumped onto her ass, not caring the wet grass would probably leave a stain on her light peach shorts. She was relieved that it had worked.

"Bring him to the infirmary Nancy." Tamsyn helped the woman up. Nancy refused to release her son, keeping him close to her body.

"Thank the Goddess." Angelina sighed, pushing onto her knees then feet, dusting the bits of grass that stubbornly clung to her.

"What did you do?" Irene's voice stopped her from sneaking back into the house. Everyone that had gathered around were too worried about the boy's current state to notice her. She wanted to use the opportunity to disappear but of course, Irene had spotted her.

Angelina swallowed a curse, stiffening when the woman approached her.

Unlike the other times the woman had simply looked upon her with malice and hostility, there was another sort of expression on her face that looked as if she was helplessly stunned.

Angelina eyed her with caution. "I don't think you would believe me even if I said so."

Irene shook her head, clutching a hand over her chest. The woman had lost most of the colour in her face." I felt something cold when you touched his cheeks. Like a cold wave. I haven't felt that sensation since our previous Luna."

"Let's go inside." Mason instructed, beckoning her inside the Pack House. Before he followed her, Angelina watched as he went to Brett's side and cupped his head. He whispered something to the little boy. Brett nodded quickly in response, clinging onto his mother's shoulders tightly. Nancy also exchanged a few words with Mason but when she abruptly faced Angelina, she was more than shocked when the woman offered her gratitude for saving her boy's life. The woman practically bowed to her several times with tear tracks still glossy on the apples of her cheeks. It was only when Tamsyn gently guided her off, she finally stopped. Brett had simply cast her a curious look over his mother's shoulder, only offering a dimpled smile when he was caught staring at her.

Angelina hadn't known what to say. She felt a little discomfort from the woman's magnanimous expression of gratitude.

She hadn't done anything. Not really.

Yet, Pack members were slowly looking at her with something else. Whispers began to rise through the crowd.

"Come on." Mason's hand spread along her back, leading her inside the Pack house.

They moved to the conference room. Irene took the head seat, immediately launching into questions.

"What did you do?"

"How did you do that?"

"He wasn't even breathing until you touched him!"

The last was an incredulous statement that carried an undertone of surprise and misplaced awe.

Angelina still didn't know what to say. Mason took the other head of the table. She was caught off guard when he looped his arms around her waist, pulling her into the V of his legs. "Alpha, I really don't think it is appropriate to talk like this in front of your Pack member." She tried to moved away.

"Are you uncomfortable Irene?" Mason asked the woman across the table.

"No."

"I'm uncomfortable!" Angelina pinched his thigh. Mason clucked his tongue, restraining her fingers with ease.

"Tell me child, what happened?" Irene leaned across the table, planting her elbows over it, and lacing her fingers together. Anticipation wafted off of her in thick waves, it was impossible to mistake it for anything else. This woman was like a dog on a bone. She wasn't going to let her line of questions dissipate until she had solid answers.

"Pause the questions for now Irene. I've called the others." Mason informed.

Irene immediately scowled, "Oh Goddess Mason. You couldn't have let me extract at least one reply from her?"

"We have a meeting scheduled for today anyway at this time. We'll discuss further when the others are here."

Irene sighed, clearly impatient.

Riley was the first to arrive, sweeping into the room in an off shoulder top and skin-tight leggings. Her hair was fashioned into a sleek ponytail. "You three are quite early for today's meeting."

"Sit down already." Irene snapped, drumming her fingers across the table. "When are the others coming?" She asked, honing on the ticking spindles of the clock hanging on the wall. "This meeting starts soon."

"They still have ten minutes." Mason replied.

Her scowl deepened as her foot began tapping out a fast rhythm into the carpet.

"You need to stop that, or you'll find my heel on your foot Irene. These are Louboutins. You know they're quality. They make fine weapons if needed." Riley drawled.

As the two began swapping carefully constructed insults, Angelina sagged against Mason's chest, giving up on trying to inch her way off his thighs. One arm did a fine job holding her around her waist and the other was stretched along the surface of the table where he mutely tapped his fingers. "You visited the dungeons?" She asked quietly, keeping her voice down.

Mason dipped his chin, "They're awake. We've given them some food and water. Casper and Drake have been there with Evan since the morning to try and get more information from them."

"And how has that been going?" She asked.

The rich browns his eyes darkened. "They're good little soldiers. They haven't given us anything worth much."

Angelina nodded, taking in the information.

A few minutes later, the rest of the Council members piled inside the conference room. Killian arrived last, not speaking a single word when he spotted Angelina cradled on his son's lap. She tried to wiggled off his lap, mortified that his father was in the room but Mason stopped her escape. She felt like a rebellious teen hanging out with her boyfriend when she wasn't supposed to. Killian clearly saw their position but offered no comment. He just gave them both a pat on the shoulder and claimed the remaining seat.

"Good, everyone is here." Mason began. The arm that caged her against his body remained politely across her waist as he continued, "We have some news to discuss regarding last night's attempt to retrieve Evie."

"Why weren't we informed about this?" Killian asked.

"We wanted to keep the situation as discreet as possible. The attempt was of a personal matter anyways, nothing regarding the Pack. Hence, I found no reason to share it until now. The only reason I'm bringing this to the table now is because we have non shifters who are occupying our cells outside the barrier, eight to be precise. I wanted you all aware that there are people in those exterior cells, just so you won't be surprised when you come across it. They'll be there until they can further produce answers to the questions we have for them."

"Ok." Killian nodded.

"I'll continue with my research." Casper added. "I think I may have something."

"Thank you."

"Would you be able to look up a place in Black Hills? 33 Monroe Ave?" Angelina asked. The address had haunted her since the morning but she was convinced that the whole exchange between her and the stranger had been a fractured figment of her own thoughts and desperation to find Evie. Thus, she had conjured someone to mind to help alleviate the worries that clenched around her heart. "See if there is a Mischa at that address."

She had forgotten about it, too immersed in her own chaotic feelings. Her memory banks came up blank when she thought about Evie. Last night's disappointment seemed to kill a lot of the hope she had left.

Casper gave her a tight lipped nod. They were still at odds but he didn't refute her. He just didn't trust her. "I can do that."

"Thank you."

He accepted her gratitude, seeking Dani's hand to place on his thigh.

"Where did you get that address from?" Mason asked.

"Someone close by the warehouse said it to me. I'm not even sure who he was. I don't think he was trying to mislead me either. He even pointed me into the direction where the girls were kept in the drain."

"We'll get our answers once Casper digs around a bit more. I'm sure he'll find something."

"Yeah."

"I forgot to give this to you man." Drake suddenly pulled out a folder, sliding it towards Casper. He picked up the stationary, flicking through the contents. "Huh, you actually managed to retrieve this?"

Drake grinned, "Hell yeah, I told you I'd get you the papers."

"You guys seriously need to stop bringing your bets to this table when we're trying to talk about Pack business." Riley sighed, "It's childish and not even entertaining."

"Hey, just because you don't find us fun, that doesn't extend to the rest of the group, right?" Drake held out his hands, waiting for someone to come to his aid. Nothing but silence met his words. Drake continued on as if nothing happened, "Well, give me the big bucks Cas. I've been thinking about it all morning."

Casper reached into his pocket and pulled out a few notes.

Drake eagerly reached over the table, collecting the notes with glee as the rest of them watched on.

Something else had slipped out of Casper's wallet, sliding onto the table. Drake picked up what looked like a polaroid. His grin dropped, softening. The change in his expression was so immediate, Angelina tried to catch a glimpse of the image to see what had made him change expressions so quickly.

"Here, you accidentally pulled this out." Drake walked over to Casper, holding it out. Angelina had expected him to slip it across the table, but he held the small image with reverence that looked incongruous because of his big, brute of a form.

Casper glanced down at the polaroid, gripping it tightly. "Thanks."

Angelina caught the familiar bright green eyes of the girl in the picture.

May.

She hadn't realised she said the name aloud until heads snapped her way, pinning her down.

"What did you just say?" Casper asked quietly.

Something had shifted in the atmosphere. She failed to recognise the reason. "Oh, that's your little sister right? May? She's real sweet, that's all. She keeps me company sometimes." She tacked on a smile. She felt Mason tense beneath her when she spoke, just as the others in the room froze to stare at her with wide eyes and gaping jaws.

"She keeps you company?" Irene asked slowly. She was the only one on the table who looked less shocked.

"Yeah."

"Tell me, did she have anything to do with what you did with Brett today?"

Surprise startled her, "Yeah, she just blew into my hands and told me to just touch Brett's cheeks. I just followed May's instructions. She knew it would work. Is she a healer too?"

It made sense. May had a soft heart.

Casper suddenly stood, leaning over the table as his gaze struck her silent. "Y-you've seen May?"

"Only a few times. She won't get in trouble will she? She hasn't done anything wrong."

Colour leached off Casper's face as he stumbled back. A pained sound ripped from his lips. Dani was quickly behind him, holding him tight and whispering his name over and over again but it looked like he wasn't coherent.

Undeniable pain and sorrow fought across his features. Drake moved, helping Dani keep their Pack member up.

Angelina shot up from Mason's lap. She felt Mason stand behind her. She glanced back at him. His expression was strange and it bothered her why they were all looking at her differently now.

"She really is the Luna of Silver Dawn." Irene whispered, mystified as she sagged back into her chair.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.5K 2.4K 22
In which the Mikaelson's, the scooby gang, the pack and past and future Hale's are brought to watch the life of Charlotte Stilinski Or in which trut...
2.6M 63.1K 200
I'm a new grad human in huge debt, and cheated by my Omega boyfriend. When I got wasted in a bar, I didn't expect to have the best sex ever. And the...
201K 7.6K 42
"So you're a virgin, then." He says it so blatantly it rattles me to the core. "No! I mean, would it matter if I were?" "I suppose not," he muses, hi...
919K 5.2K 5
Antiope Everstone wants to be the first female Beta in the Northern American region. To get that, she needs her father's blessing. To get that, she n...