What We Used To Be and Will Be

By LlylLee

[COMPLETED] Jungkook used to be the only Little, until he was not. And well, things did not turn out the way... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 29

1.9K 74 8
By LlylLee

What a relief that they have seven members. What a relief that they have each other.

"Ugh..." A sound of groan croaked from the throat as Jungkook woke up begrudgingly. It felt as if he had been in a deep sleep for so long. Never had Jungkook felt so well rested and rejuvenated. And then, that was when he realized that he had slipped out of his headspace, a common sight after he had been comforted psychosomatically.

As he sat up on his bed and stretched his lazy limbs, his thoughts were brought back to the previous night. He'd remembered vividly that he went to sleep with someone and the said someone was no longer in bed with him. A momentary odd sense of awkwardness overwhelmed him, but he quickly shrugged it off.

He knew that he had a big talk ahead, not that he wished it could be put off indefinitely.

Jimin. A taboo subject previously, but he knew his little side had let go of those negative emotions harboured towards his hyung and fellow Little. It was time to face it.

*****

The originally muffled chattering got clearer as Jungkook approached the dining area. The hyungs paused their conversation collectively as they saw their maknae appearing, but they frowned as they observed Jungkook wearing his usual white oversized shirt and sweatpants. This did not look right, for they recalled the maknae wearing his favourite pyjamas last night and nobody had changed him this morning.

Oh.

"Good morning, hyung-deul."

Jungkook is Big now.

A sense of relief mixed in with dreadfulness washed through the members, for that meant that they had to talk, and like really, talk.

Jungkook took in the looks of his hyungs, "I know what you guys are thinking. I'm starving, so let's save it for later yeah? Jin-hyung, are you making toasts? Can I have some, please?"

"Uh... Oh yeah, sure. Go ahead, Jungkook-ah." Jin stuttered at being addressed by his dongsaeng unexpectedly.

Breakfast was consumed in silence, quiet and cautious but not awkward. When everyone was done and nothing more could be done to prolong the inevitable, Jungkook sat and waited patiently in their living room. One by one, the members filled in, each seated across their maknae. Jungkook sighed inwardly as he saw how his hyungs were walking on thin ice around him and it made him missed their goofy times with each other so much.

"I don't bite, you know?" A hint of sarcasm in his words as Jungkook muttered his displeasure that no one dared to sit near him. Someone coughed awkwardly and they shifted nearer to him, but still maintained their distance.

"So... About the, erm..." Never has Jungkook thought that there would come a day where it would be so difficult to talk to his hyungs. Luckily, Namjoon, the leader forever, broke the ice.

"Jungkook-ah, erm... I know this sounds silly, but, how do you feel now? Do you think you are up for a talk now? We don't want to push you if you are not ready. We can always wait for you." Namjoon spoke softly as he looked earnestly at his maknae.

Jungkook made no move to speak but nodded his head.

"Let me start off first, then." Jimin volunteered but he was cut off before he could even say another word.

"I know, Jiminie-hyung. I actually heard you, you know. The other night when you confessed." Jungkook explained as he watched Jimin's looks of confusion morphed into a state of horror and shock.

"I... I wasn't really unaware of my surroundings. Those times when you guys treated me so delicately when I fell so deep into my headspace, while I couldn't voice out my words, I knew what was going on."

Jungkook sucked in a deep breath before he continued.

"Jiminie-hyung, I am sorry. I am sorry that I let things got so far. I knew what my little side felt was absurd because I know, and I really do know that you guys cared so much for me no matter what. But, I just can't control how my little side feel. You guys know how hard I had been struggling with my emotions, especially jealousy when it comes to you guys. I get possessive when it involves any of you. I... I just hate sharing, even if it was just between us. I am trying to change, but it's not easy for my little side. To him, what's his will always be his. While I cannot guarantee that I will be able to change so soon, I promise that I will do my best. So, Jiminie-hyung, can you bear with me for a little while more and just, just be patient with me? I don't wanna lose you, be it you as Jimin or Chimmy."

Jimin could not believe what he had just heard. Here he was trying to string his words together to apologise to his dongsaeng and yet, he was receiving an apology. He gulped visibly before reaching out his hands and place it on top of Jungkook's. Speaking in his trembling voice, Jimin uttered, "Jungkook-ah, I should be the one saying sorry to you. I am the one that was being petty and childish. I should not have behaved so immaturely. I should have been more natural and poised. I am sorry, but I will. I will be patient and wait till the day Kookie accepts me wholeheartedly. I promise. And when that day comes, I will make sure that we are gonna be the bestest of the bestest friends with each other."

Jungkook beamed tearfully as he nodded his head furiously and opened up his arms, welcoming his tiny hyung into a big tight hug.

The other members watched the scene unfold and Taehyung even sniffled, trying to hide the fact that he had teared up a little.

As they calmed down and tried to compose themselves, Jungkook turned his attention towards his other hyungs.

"Hyung-deul, I am sorry to you guys too. I know I had not been the easiest kid to deal with for the past couple of weeks. I was behaving like a spoiled brat and snapping at you guys at every opportunity available. I am sorry. Will you guys forgive me?"

Jungkook looked at them, regret and guilt evident in his glances.

"Jungkook-ah. Honestly speaking, we had been thinking of how to approach you. You won't believe how much we regret to put you through such a tough time. No, you have nothing to be blamed for." Namjoon shook his head when he saw that Jungkook was about to refute. "We are your hyungs, we should have looked out for you. Instead, we neglected your feelings and failed to hear you out. We dare not seek your forgiveness, but we would like to ask for you to trust us again. Trust that we will never shut you off and will always hear you out. This is a promise that we not only make to you, but also to all of us."

The other members nodded their head determinately, hoping that their sincerity would be conveyed to Jungkook.

"Thank you, hyung. Thank you guys so much."

No one commented anything when they piled together into a group hug and shed happy tears. They knew that just a few simple words were not enough to heal the hurt and pain that they had gone through, but they knew that they would work together to help each other grow. They would hold on to each other, give mutual support and brave all the tough times together. For now, they are contented that they had talked it out and looked forward to better days ahead.

As what Yoongi had said before. What a relief that they have seven members. What a relief that they have each other.

*****

A few days later...

"Why are the two of them sitting with their backs to each other?" Hoseok gestured to the two Littles who were obviously pouting with their little cheeks puffing out.

"They had a fight." Taehyung looked up from his phone, having gotten used to the sight before him right when the two Littles had argued about who should have their turns next with knocking down the building blocks.

Hoseok scratched his head subconsciously as he stared at the two with an amused look, "Then why are they holding hands?"

Jin laughed heartily as he walked out of the kitchen and watched his maknaes fondly, "They get sad when they fight."

Well, this was definitely better than them tearing their heads off each other.

They will learn to love each other, they all will. All of them.

-End-

Author's note:

And here it is. The end. I'm sorry that it took me soooooooo long to come up with this chapter. Life has been crazy for me and I was having writer's block on how to craft this ending with the intended thoughts that I had in mind. I hope that it is good (?). And yes, that last part was a prompt from Tumblr.

I will be working on a new work soon, in a different au setting though. Hope to see you guys there too! =)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 583 4
This story contains - Main ship - Jikook (obviously) Alternative human universe, alternative Alpha, Beta and Omega dynamic. Side ships - Sope (Sug...
198K 4.5K 42
Bunch of age Gap one shots. They are like fanfiction ideas but I'm too lazy to make them. They are long one shots basically. Request are open. It's...
12.6K 447 29
[ ยป๐™ฒ๐š˜๐š–๐š™๐š•๐šŽ๐š๐šŽ๐š.ยซ ] โš  under editing. Helloo peaches๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŒŸ hope you enjoy...โค Higest ranks #12 out of 1.41m fanfictions.. # 5 out of 1.54k...