The babysitter

By Wait_For_My_Shot

Percy Jackson finally gets a break. And where did she go? The most crime ridden city in the world, Gotham. S... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty Seven
Fifty-Eight

Nineteen

25.1K 828 322
By Wait_For_My_Shot

" Hello, Ms Perseus. Mr. Kaldur." Alfred opened the door.

" He has the ability to be formal with you, but I have to call you 'Percy?'" Kaldur questions.

I laugh, " It's because I'm friends with you, Kaldur. And Alfred is kind of my employer."

" Excuse me, I have to finish breakfast. Master Jason does eat a lot." Alfred bows slightly and leaves.

" And I have to go wake up the boys before Jason throws them in a pool." I smile, then pull Kaldur into a hug, carful of his gills, " Thanks for walking with me."

Kaldur bows, " Of course."

I walk in and close the door. Almost jumping when Jason speaks out of the blue, he sounds mad, " Is he your boyfriend?"

I almost snorted, " Kaldur? No. Just a good friend."

" How do you know him?" Jason asked. He had his arms crossed and was glaring at me.

" We're friends. Damn," I mutter walking away, " What'd he do to you?"

" Also, I would throw the brats in a pool." Jason snarled.

" I mean, I wouldn't put it past you."

" Bruce wants to talk to you."

" Great." I slouch.

After I walk to the office, I knock and wait for an answer. A few second later I went in. " Percy, take a seat."

I wordless followed the command.

" Since Damian can't go on patrol, you have to stay later to make sure he doesn't get in trouble." Bruce had his hands folded in front of him.

I gave a sigh of relief, " So, I'm not getting fired?"

" Not yet." The vigilante said in monotone. I pursed my lips and tilting my head slightly, agreeing with him.

" That's all." He said, then waited for me to exit.

I turned to the door and rolled my eyes. While walking out the door I bumped into someone. " Oops, sorry."

" Hey," the boy said. I took a step back so I wasn't in his face. He had red hair and dark blue eyes, " I'm Roy, you must be Percy."

" Um, yeah, I am."

" It's nice to meet you. I'm just looking for Jason."

" Oh, Jason? He's somewhere around here, probably in his room or in the dinning hall." I walk away, still pissed as Bruce.

I knock on Damian's door, " Hey, your stuck with me a little bit longer for the next few weeks while you healed and are off patrol."

" Tch." Damian shook his head.

" Anyway, Alfred is making breakfast so go on and head down after you get ready."

I closed the door and went to tell Tim. After that I went and helped set the table. Alfred came up to me and pushed me to the table, " Go eat. I know you haven't."

" But Alfred, you don't pay me to eat." I stopped myself but putting my arms on the door frame to stop myself.

" Master Bruce and I don't mind. We really want you to eat." Alfred forced my elbows to bend, pushing me through the door.

" I'll eat in kitchen, please, Alfred I don't want to eat in there." I groaned and started to plant my feet so Alfred couldn't push me forward and I wasn't pushing on the old man.

" Fine." Alfred slowly stopped pushing me so I wouldn't fall backwards. After I regained my balance, Alfred pushed me to sit at the island and put a plate of food in front of me, " I want a good portion of this gone by the time your done."

" Yes, sir." I mumbled, avoiding his gaze. Watching him walk out, I shook my head and got a piece of bacon, " Holy, shit."

After finishing a little less then half of the good he gave me, I start to go clean up the dining table. A few minutes into washing the dishes, Dami came up to me, " Jackson."

I turned around, " Yeah?"

" I am bored. Since I am not allowing to train, you have to entertain me." He commands.

Rolling my eyes, " Ah, yeah, after I'm done here I'll get my tap shoes out, give you a show."

" Tch." Damian started to walk out.

" Hey, we can go to the park after lunch. As long as you only go on slides and swings and be careful, we can go." Damian's scowl lightened just a tad.

" The park is for children." He growled.

" How old to you have to be to be an adult." I asked.

" Eighteen."

I smirked, crossing my arms, " And how old are you?" Damian didn't reply, he just growled, " You have eight more years until you are legally an adult. You're a child."

" But I am far more respectful and mature than those sticky handed rodents." Damian crossed his arms and scowled deeper.

" Sticky handed rodents? You'll fit right in." Damian almost jumped at me but I shot him down with a glare, then started to walk away, " Go tell Tim we're going to the park while I start laundry."

" I wash my hands regularly!" Dami cried out.

I laughed quietly and went to the laundry room to start laundry. After stuffing everything in the washer and starting it after all the necessary steps I walked to the kitchen to help Alfred start lunch. I called the boys down and started to clean up.

I made sure everything was but up and tidy and " Come in."

" Hey, did the child tell you we're going to the park?" I poked my head in. Tim was hunched over his computer, zoned in and typing furiously. Sighing, " Alright, your coming with us."

I turned his chair around and pulled his arm so he was standing. Tim's looked around the room until his eyes finally focused on me, " Oh, hey,"

I stared at him, trying to see if he joking, " We're going to the park."

" Do I have to?" Tim groaned.

" Yes, you need sun light and fresh air." I started pulling him out of his room by his wrist. Stopping at Dami's room, " Hey, come on, kid. We're leaving."

Damian opened the door, " Tch, Drake is coming?"

" See! Both of us don't want me to go." Tim tried to get out of my grasp but I held on.

" I do. And we won't stay long since I have to clean." I counter. They glared at me while I dragged them along.

After Damian was forced to go down the slides and spend ten minutes on the swings with me. As we were leaving, Tim saw someone and wanted to go talk to them. " Yeah, go, me and Dami will do sit on the bench."

" Damian and I. Tch." Damian growled, " Fix your grammar, Jackson."

" Dami and I are gonna be over on the bench." I rolled my eyes and pulled Dami by his hand. Sitting on the wooden bench I felt the exhaustion hit me. Putting an arm around Dami so his constant nagging will keep me up. A nightmare woke me up I've been too scared to sleep so I haven't slept in a week.

I narrowed my eyes at him, then rolled them. Leaning my head back on the back of the seat, resting my eyes. I snapped awake when Tim nudged me. " Oh, sorry."

Looking at Dami, " Why did you let me fall asleep?"

" You were tired and I don't care." Dami stood up, " Let me go home, now."

" Fine. How about some ice cream?" I suggest.

" Sure." Tim shrugged, while Dami just sat there.

Taking a deep breathe, I stood up and motioned for Damian to take my hand. Glaring, he reluctantly took my hand and stood up. I hitched a breath, not really think he would take it. Before he had a chance to pull away, I started walking away, gripping his hand a bit tighter.

Tim stopped walking, " Woah."

" What?" I asked, " Want me to hold your hand, too?"

" I'm sixteen, I don't need my hand held." Tim laughs.

" Well, did you have your hand held at ten?" I asked, " Cause I didn't."

" Then why do I have to?" Damian growled.

" You don't. I didn't think you would actually even take my hand, let alone hold it for this long." I shrugged. I tried to let go of his hand but he held on. Smiling, I held it again.

" Tch."

We continued to walk until someone kept stepping on the back of my shoe. I turned around, accidentally dragging Dami with me. " Would y-" my voice faulted, " Stop that, Jason!"

The vigilante just laughed, stuck his hands and in his pockets and continued walking the way we were going, " So, where are we going?"

" We were going to get ice cream." I roll my eyes, " I don't know where you are going."

" Now? I'm getting ice cream." He shrugged and pushed Tim away, taking his spot next to me, " How'd you get the demon to hold your hand?"

" Like this," I took his hand in mind and swung it beside me.

" I wanna hold a hand," Tim muttered.

Jason blinked flirtatiously, " You can hold my hand, Timmy."

" No, thanks." He said sadly.

" Poor, Timmy." I perused my lips.

" Ooh! I know this great ice cream place." Jason said and took off at a faster place. I tightened my grip and made sure Tim was following. Giving Tim an apologetic look, I turned my head to keep up with Jason.

Soon we came to a little mobile truck with a baby pink color. The rims and edges were yellow. It was over all very cute and didn't seem to belong in Gotham. I pulled away from Jason, Damian still wouldn't let me go, to look at the flavors. As I was trying to see if they had any blue colors for later, I asked Dami, " What do you want?"

" A vanilla cone." The young bird answered monotonous. He was still reading the board.

I perked an eyebrow, " You sure you don't want something else? What about the mint condition?"

" Sure, Jackson." He shrugged.

" Alright, Tim, what do you want?" I turned around to see him squinting at the board.

" Probably just a rocky road." Tim shrugged.

" Okay, I need a junior mint condition and a single rocky road." I told the worked, then looked at the oldest, " Jason, do you want anything?"

" Um, yeah, a chocolate cookie dough and a blue moon." He answered. Internally sighed, why did he have to get two? I relaid the information to the worker and then Jason pushed me aside, " My treat."

" Are you sure?" I scrunched my eyebrows together.

" Yeah, it's fine. It's Bruce's money anyway," Jason flashed a gold card and handed it to the worker.

" I won't get in trouble for this right? I'm already on thin ice." I bite my bottom lip then try to calm my mind.

" Trust me, he won't get mad at you. Dear old dad probably even notice." Jason laughs a little bit, but then handed everyone their ice cream. Then handed me the blue moon, " Here."

I look between the ice cream and him. My shocked face slowly turns into a smile, as I took the ice cream. Jason had this unimpressed look on his face that slowly turned into a smile. He quickly turned around so I wouldn't see it, " Let's get the brats home."

I smile, and shake my head, " Thank you, Jason."

When we got home, we had all finished our ice cream. All of us sat on the couches in the game room watching Star Wars. Jason was sitting next to me, while Tim wand Damian we on separate couches. As usual, the teen was on his phone and the little child was glaring at the tv while he watched it.

My mind started to drift and my eyelids got heavy. Yawning, I closed my eyes and decided to rest my eyes for just a second.

I opened my eyes as I heard a scream. Damian was hanging the Joker's room with three empty chains beside him. The floor was bloody and looked like three people have been dragged out. The clown had just traced a knife across Damian's skin. " Stop it! Please! Take me!"

I started to run to Damian when someone caught my foot. I fell to the ground as I tried to claw my way to the little boy. Looking at the people who have clawed at my feet, dragging my backwards, it was multiple people. Jason, whose blonde hair set him apart from everyone, Dick with his two other brothers and Bianca. They all had deathly pale faces and unfocused eyes, " Please! Let me save him!"

" Percy!" Damian screamed, " Help me!"

" I'm sorry!" I tried to dig my fingers in the ground to drag me closer, but the dead people behind me dragged me closer to the edge. Realization hit me, as I kicked harder and more forceful, " Please! No! Please!"

" You deserve this!" Everyone chanted in an old, dead voice, " Look what you did."

I suddenly stopped fighting, wanting to puke. Did I kill all these people? Tears stung my eyes as they talked again, " Of corse you did."

Swallowing hard, I come to my senses as my legs were off the cliff. " No! Please! I can't go back!"

Damian, now covered in blood, stepped my fingers after declaring, " You deserve this."

I cried as I fell into Tartarus. Wind rushed past me as I cling to myself and cried. Every single torture that happened down there flashed through my mind. Suddenly, a sharp pain exploded on my back. I laid on the ground, ready to fade away. Then my mom walked up, " Please, Mom, help me."

" Oh, sweetie, your not getting help." The undead women stroked my cheek as I felt myself have more strength but the pain was still there. Everything hurt and I could move, " It's just starting."

" Percy!" Something shook me as I felt the pain go away. I shot up and tried to take a deep breath. Looking around, three pairs of eyes were on me, all wide open in shock. Seeing them alive made me want to cry hard. Jason slowly inched his way forward. I was sitting on the couch as the three boys were kneeling on the floor next to me. Jason slowly raised a hand to hold my cheek, he whispered softly to me, " Percy? You're okay. It's fine. Your safe."

I started sobbing harder, I rushed hugged him. Jason held me tight in his embrace. " Brats, go to dinner."

The two boys left the room as Jason stroked my back, " You wanna talk about it?"

I shook my head. Not even trusting my voice to give out a non shaking answer. He shushed me, " That's fine, doll, that's fine. We don't have to talk. We can just sit."

Nodding, I try and grip more of his shirt as I tried to ground myself. Taking a shaky breathe I pull away. Jason seems reluctant but looks into my eyes, trying to read me. I bite my lip hard, " I'm sorry! I'm so sorry you had to deal with this! I shouldn't have fallen-"

" Percy, you don't have apologize. If anything, I'm sorry you had to go through whatever you went through. And we don't have to talk about it, but you have to know that your okay here, doll. Your safe and always welcome here. Hell, even at my place." Jason cupped my cheek, his blue eyes were looking in mine. Trying to find anything to tell him he got through to me, " Wether you like it or not, you're family now."

I nodded as he pulled me back into a hug. His large hand went to play with my hair, " You're safe."

2608 words

7/15/21

Sorry for the wait, so I made it extra long. Hope you like it, but y'all probably didn't cuz I suck at writhing nightmares, so it's cliche and sucky. It makes me uncomfortable writing nightmares when she's around people cuz they just kinda watch her break on the inside and I would die if that happened to me.

But I'm started to lean more towards Jason x Percy but it's still honestly a toss up.

And I'm making a new book, so, what should the ship be for that. It can literally be anything, and one that I haven't seen but I think it would be kinda cute, they would be the same age, obviously, but Dami x Percy.

Pieces Angels and Stay Safe

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

300K 9.9K 38
After the wars, after all the people she lost, Percy was tired. She was done with the mythical world, all she wanted was peace. So she returned home...
24.7K 1.1K 15
When a run-in with the League of Shadows causes Dick Grayson to lose both his memory and his ability to speak, his brother Damian leaves his team and...
1.6K 51 10
❝ "You can't believe I would keep him from you for such a trivial reason..." A few minutes ago you wouldn't have believed it either. ❞ ───────── ⋆⋅ �...
18.6K 579 25
DC Series Book One "No don't..." But her arms go up and the mesmerizing portals appear. Through the portal closest to them, the boys can see grass an...