your song ➳ one shots

By powervocals

a certain song told the story i never shared, and became the voice i never had what song is yours? (may or ma... More

o n e ✿ remembering sunday - all time low
t w o ✿ tenerife sea - ed sheeran
f o u r ✿ coffee shop soundtrack - all time low
f i v e ✿ moment of truth - fm static
s i x ✿ all again for you - we the kings
s e v e n ✿ terrible things - mayday parade
e i g h t ✿ photograph - ed sheeran
n i n e ✿ summer love - one direction
t e n ✿ check yes juliet - we the kings
t w e l v e ✿ angel with a shotgun - the cab

t h r e e ✿ in your arms - stanfour

185 5 11
By powervocals

"Clifford, can't you drive a little faster? I just don't wanna be late for this okay, fuck, okay I'm gonna be late, I'm such a dipshit," I groaned at him and started panicking knowing I'll be late for senior ball. And for once in my life, again, I'm late.

"Oh come on, you aren't really giving a fuck about the event, are you?" he asked me with such a taunting voice. What does this fucker know?

"What do you mean, you asshole?"

"Admit it, Hood. You're anxious because you promised my cousin. You're panicking because you have failed my cousin for god knows how many. Ah, what love does to Calum Thomas Hood, I see," he taunted me even more.

"I do not love nor like your cousin," I retorted, obviously annoyed. I wanted to strangle him at the very moment but I wouldn't risk the fact that we might end up in an accident and break my promise to Symonne. How come he knows I actually like his cousin? God damn it Calum, what happened to subtle, aye?

Don't get this wrong. I do like his cousin. I just don't like it when other people shove the truth in my face when all I want is the fact be kept with me, and me alone.

"The more you deny it, the more I'm starting to believe that you do, Calum, so stop trying to hide the truth from me," he said, and started speeding up. However, traffic seemed to have other plans that as much as Michael tried to avoid the highway, we still got stuck in the middle of some jam.

Michael and I had no choice but cuss at the fact that no matter what we do, we'll end up being late. And no matter what I do, I'll have to endure a real bad consequence, knowing Symonne doesn't like waiting.

The moment we arrived at the venue, I went down Michael's car and ran upstairs, not minding Michael anymore, who would still find a spot to park his pick-up.

"Fuck this life," I muttered seeing that Michael and I have missed half of the program and everyone was having the time of their lives on the dance floor.

And for the nth time in my life, I disappointed Symonne.

I slowly made my way into the crowd, not minding the others who were getting all lovey-dovey on the dance-floor, or the others who were throwing daggers at me for being that shitty asshole who probably had ditched his dance for being late.

Fuck traffic jams. Fuck me for being nervous as shit it took me hours to prep myself up. Fuck me for making promises I can't keep.

I had no idea where to go nor what should I do so I resorted to just sitting in my seat and sulk, knowing I'll be seeing her, and she wouldn't talk to me for a week. I hate the feeling that we'll be apart for once more, because I can never stand that moment where she'll pretend I did not exist in her life even when I actually woo her with almost everything.

But what surprised me the moment I reached the table where we were both assigned to sit was that her food was untouched, her seat still tidy, everything in her place seemed to not have been moved by anybody. It seems like she did not come at all.

That's when I started panicking. I know I may be just another guy who got blinded by her smile, I may be trying hard, but when she suddenly disappears, I know the case has gotten too serious.

I was about to run to Michael to tell him about his cousin, but I saw a piece of paper on the table cloth by Symonne's side of the table. Without any hesitations, I grabbed it, and squinted through the strobe lights trying to read it.

I hope every time you break your promise, you feel how it's breaking my heart into a million pieces.

I do not know what got into me, but the moment I read the note, I felt relieved she got here, but at the same time, I got worried, thinking where the hell she could have gone. And the last thing I know, I was running to Michael.

And guess what I bumped into? A drunk Michael. Wow, how could these shits actually pitch in alcohol? And how could this asshole be drunk in no less than 5 minutes of being here? Never mind, I have business to attend to. But please remind me to ask Symonne why she has such a wimp of a cousin.

Knowing I'll have to face a stupid interrogation when I try to converse with a drunk Michael, I just stealthily grabbed the keys to his pick-up and ran outside. God knows I have no idea how to drive but for Symonne's sake I'll try my best to keep Mikey's baby dent-free.

I drove out of the venue. I don't care if I didn't have real interaction with the people at my senior ball because what is important at the moment, is Symonne, and where the hell is she, and is she safe, is she in good hands.

I shook my head, knowing I need to focus on the road. And I actually need to see if there are traces of where she could have gone.

"Where the fuck would you go?" I whispered, thinking. She could have gone anywhere. I pulled the car at the side to think. I might be in a worse situation if I continue driving when my thoughts are clouded.

I now I'm not smart but there's only one place I could think of.

Our childhood getaway.

So in no time, I drove into that place, while silently praying Michael got enough gas since I have no money to actually put some in case, plus my phone is at 30% and is at the risk of dying.

Upon reaching the area where we used to play, I shut off the lights so Symonne will not be startled in case she's here. I instantly went down, and searched for her.

And no doubt, she went here, because I see her, by the lake.

I quietly went to her, wanting to hear what she's mumbling, but the moment I got near and heard her soft sobs, I decided to show up.

"Symonne," I called her name, my voice trembling. This could be now or never, Calum.

"You... decided to show up, huh?" she asked with so much sarcasm I knew she was pissed because for another moment, I ditched her. Why do I even do this to the girl I like?

"Sy, I'm sorry, okay?" I told her, knowing that as much as I don't want to go and be the one to ask for forgiveness again even if I am at fault, I'd be the one to get weak in the knees and beg anyways.

"You always say that, but nothing happens, Calum. Nothing. I just decided to come back here because this place brings me the Calum Hood I knew who fulfills every promise, the Calum Hood I know who doesn't ditch me. We just grew up, and here we go, breaking promise after promise. I'm tired Calum, I'm getting tired."

I bit my lip. She's right. When we were young, allI did was make her happy, fulfill every promise. I remember I promised to take her fishing, I did. I promised to teach her how to ride a bicycle, I did. I just realized how I fucked up our friendship when we grew up. Symonne is a girl of promises so I knew I fucked up big time again.

"Symonne," I called her name, but it was so soft it turned into a whisper.

"I thought you'd be breaking your promise. This felt like déjà vu. You telling me one thing and promising me you'd always be ready to fulfill it. I thought it would happen again," she was crying and God knows how much I want to cup her squishy cheeks and kiss her so she stops, but I promised myself I'd keep my chill.

"Sy..." I mumbled but she started cutting me off.

"Remember when we were young and we played that stupid game we called Clouds? Where I'll ask you who do you want to catch you every time you're lost in the clouds? I answered you because I trusted you so much, I believed you wouldn't fail me. You were my sidekick but you left the hero on her own. You did not catch me when I fell," she cried. Fuck it, Calum. You just made her cry fuck.

All I could do that moment was swallow my pride, put my head down, and choke back on my own tears in the process. As much as I was a person full of pride, when it comes to Symonne, everything just crumbles. And I just realized how many times I have let her down. I have let my hero down. I was supposed to protect my angel from the dark, but I failed, for numerous times already.

"You didn't catch me when I eventually fell for you."

I instantly shot my head up the moment I heard it from her. I was having doubts if I heard the right words, or if she even actually said something.

"You...what?" I asked her.

She just turned away and wiped the make-up that had run down her face. And for heaven's sake, I couldn't stand it anymore so I went to her, cupped her cheeks, and kissed her.

I pulled away after a few seconds and the shock on her face gave the fact that she didn't expect what I just did.

"I swear to God I always wanted to do that for long but pride and fear always takes over me. And in case, you don't know, I think I did catch you when you fell," I told her, kissing her forehead, "for me."

"What the fuck, Calum!" she hit me on the arm. "How long have you been keeping this? God damn this, okay, you shit."

I laughed as she continued hitting me playfully on my chest and my arms. Wow, I didn't know this is how good this all feels.

"You were the one I was pertaining to when we played Clouds," I admitted when she stopped hitting me.

'Just the girl who wants me to keep saving her from all the falls she might receive, because she's all I'll ever want'

I went back to Michael's car and connected my iPod to the stereo, and played some music.

"DID YOU SERIOUSLY DRIVE MY COUSIN'S BABY?" she screamed and instantly covered her mouth, realizing how bad it sounded.

"You do know, how to ruin a moment, don't you? And you cousin was drunk, for fucks sake, in no less than 5 minutes, so he'll not know," I said in between laughs as I started making way back to her.

"That wimp," she whispered, but not soft enough for me to miss it.

I could never ask for more.

"What are you doing?" Symonne laughingly asked me the moment I went back to her and asked for her hand for a dance. She's probably still embarrassed by her question a while ago. Oh, this girl.

"Next time, you don't just runaway when you feel the whole world has turned its back on you, because others are still here for you," I replied, kissing her forehead once more, and twirled her after.

That night turned better than I thought. We might have ran away from the senior ball, but the stars have aligned for us to be able to be together, to talk, and have a dance with each other still. The stars shone brighter than ever, the surroundings gave me the best ambience I could ever have, the wind gave the chilly feeling. I couldn't have asked for more, because that night, I had the girl I love in my arms, and she had me in hers.

***

Let us all take a little breather because, finally, for the first time, I managed to write a story with a quite happy ending. Well, that is for now. I don't know. I am not usually a good one at ending it happily. Or depends on how I can surprise you with the ending.

Anyways, this one goes to one of the biggest Malum stan I have ever gotten to know, Symonne. I hope I still made you happy with the friendly banter between Malum that I put in there, since I really try to incorporate what you love in everything that I write. Sorry about the smut though. Maybe some other time. I haven't been comfortable with that yet.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 66 22
"He says he's coming after you" You'll be lucky if he leaves you alone Not Edited © Copyright 2014 | deansdestiny
54.5K 3.1K 52
⤷ something is wrong, i can't explain. everything changed when the birds came. [completed] → content warning: depression anxiety ...
2.4K 41 32
I do not own 5sos. All other characters are mine unless stated otherwise. ☆Completed☆
590 40 20
Please enjoy your stay. Your secrets are safe with us.