I Hate You, With Love

By _rachel111_

"So, when you grow up and want kids one day, you'll have to frickity frack your cousin?" "I'm sorry, I'll hav... More

I Hate You, With Love
Year 1- Spilled Notes
Year 1- Not Nice To Meet You
Year 1- Skippy
Year 1- Infamous Feast
Year 1- Group Photo
Year 1- Christmas
Year 1- Studying And Siblings

Year 1 - Complete Embarassment

171 11 2
By _rachel111_

3RD PERSON POV

"So, you all finished your homework, correct?" Melissa asked as the girls walked to their dorm after dinner.

All of them gave scattered assurances that they had, in fact finished earlier.

"Jen?" She raised her eyebrows at the girl who hadn't answered.

"Oh- yeah I did it after our last class" she answered.

"Good." Melissa nodded.

Their conversation- if you could call it that- was interrupted by a voice from behind.

"Boyssssss.....detennntion....see me to....night" a voice sniggered from behind them.

All five girls turned and saw the group of four boys that had disrupted potions earlier, Cedric being among them.

"That....wasn't.....funny.....I do in...deed wash my lovely locks....reg...ularly" one of the boys added.

The five girls looked back once again at the boys, who were hanging onto each others shoulders for support as they laughed.

"But professor we-"

"DOILOOKLIKEICAREDIGGORY?!? OUT. OF. MY. CLASS. NOW. CANT YOU SEE IM TEACHING?!?" A boy with dark brown hair, cut him off.

They began to roar with laughter again and even some of the girls cracked smiles.

"Here's his class, we must stay vigilant. Who knows what horrors he will unleash upon us. I hope to see you all here at twenty one hundred hours, in good health- both mentally and physically- and alive." Cedric said and gave a salute.

The others boys all saluted as well and walked into Snape's classroom with puffed out chests and faltering confident looks.

The girls looked back each other and shrugged. They had been walking a ways ahead of the boys, so they had gone unnoticed.

Once getting to the common room, the girls found a place to sit and spent the rest of the evening there.

Jenetta hung her legs over the back of the couch and looked upside down at everyone in the common room, occasionally giggling. Maybe from the loss of blood to her brain.

Nadine was seated in an armchair with Cressida in between her legs on the floor.

Melissa was lying down on the same couch as Jenetta, her calves on Jenetta's stomach.

And Y/n was sitting on the floor beside Jenetta's upside down head.

"Hogwarts Hogwarts Hoggy Warty Hogwarts-"

"You ok Jen?" Y/n laughed.

"Yeah, just a lil dizzy" Jenetta smiled.

"Here, lets get you to sit up" Melissa said, removing her legs from Jenetta's stomach and helping her sit up straight.

"Woah" Jenetta screwed her eyes shut and grasped the couch "ok I'm good now, what were you talking about?"

"But isn't he supposed to favour us or something?" Cressida sighed.

"Snape?"

"Yeah"

"I guess, but I think he still hates all students. Though he does seem to have an extra strong disliking for you Cres" Jenetta tilted her head quizzically.

"I guess he does..." Cressida repeated.

"I wonder why though..." Melissa thought aloud.

"Yeah er- same... he hasn't got any good reason to...." Her face had gotten a little red.

"Well, I mean it's Snape. He has two personality traits; greasy, and vile for no rhyme or reason" Y/n sighed.

"That's true" Nadine laughed.

"Those boys may be right. I bet the last time he washed his hair was years ago" Jenetta grinned.

"Maybe we should buy him some shampoo for his birthday!" Melissa snickered.

"A perfect gift" Y/n agreed, pointing at Melissa.

"Is anyone tired?" Cressida asked with a yawn.

"I could sleep" Nadine raised her hand.

"Of course you could" Melissa grinned.

"What? What's that supposed to mean?" Nadine asked.

"I mean, how is it that you're the first to go to bed and the last to get up?" Melissa joked.

"Mel, a beautiful girl such as Nadine needs her rest" Y/n explained.

"Thank you" Nadine smiled and stood up with Cressida.

"Goodnight, all" she announced.

"Night" they all chorused.

Cressida sent a smile and the two of them walked up to their dorm.

"How many years until we graduate?" Jenetta sighed.

"Seven" Melissa replied.

Jenetta groaned into a pillow and stood up.

"I'm going to bed to get that depressing thought out of my mind" she said.

"Are we all heading to bed then?" Y/n asked.

"Guess so" Melissa shrugged.

***

"Who's making all that noise at six in the morning" Jenetta groaned, rolling over in bed.

"Well you should be up anyways" Melissa said as-a-matter-of-a-factly.

"I...don't care" She said, shooting finger guns at Melissa.

Melissa merely rolled her eyes and turned to where Y/n was clapping loudly over Nadine's bed.

"I'm surprised you're up"

"Have a little faith in me, Mel" Y/n said with a tone of mock offence.

"Clapping won't wake her. Quite a deep sleeper, Nadine is."

Y/n thought for a moment and then came up with a plan.

She climbed onto Nadine's bed so that she was standing over her and began jumping.

"WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKEY WAKEY! ITS MORNING AND TIME FOR BREAKFAST! DONT YOU WANT BREAKFAST!? NADINE IF YOU DONT WAKE UP, I WILL-"

"Mmmm I'm up, I'm up." Nadine whined, rubbing her eyes.

"-POUR ICE COLD WATER OVER YOUR HEAD AND COVER YOU IN GLITTER-" Y/n continued.

"I said I'm up!" Nadine muttered and shoved Y/n off her bed and onto the floor.

"Ugh, rude." Y/n blew a piece of hair out of her face. "Anyways, is Cres up?"

"Already in the common room" Melissa answered while tying her tie.

"You're all too much of morning people" Jenetta groaned.

"I second that" Nadine raised her hand.

"Are they even serving breakfast yet?" Jenetta asked annoyed.

"Don't know" Melissa shrugged.

"Well isn't that just bloody brilliant" Jenetta rolled back over and pulled the covers over her head.

"Fine, sleep through your lessons. But I won't be helping you with your homework later." Melissa spat and left the dormitory.

"IT'S SIX IN THE MORNING!" Jenetta shouted after her.

"Salazar" Y/n breathed.

"What?"

"Nadine's fallen asleep again"

***

"How can you eat that stuff" Y/n asked with a shudder.

"Ea' wha'?" Jenetta asked with her mouth full. Melissa gave her a disgusted look.

"Porridge. It looks like it's already been eaten and spat back up again" Y/n replied.

Jenetta just shrugged, "it's good with syrup."

"Look, mail time" Cressida observed.

Hundreds of owls came swooping into the Great Hall, holding parcels and letters which they delivered to the receiver.

A small parcel with a letter attached landed in front of Y/n.

"Wha's tha'?" Jenetta asked with another mouthful of porridge in her mouth.

"Don't know" Y/n shrugged.

She tore open the letter.

Dear Y/n,
Happy Birthday dear! I hope you're having an amazing time at Hogwarts and have made some good friends. Congratulations on getting sorted into Slytherin. Your father is very proud. Though he may not say it sometimes, he is proud of you.
Happy twelfth Birthday, you're father and I love you so much,
-Mum

Y/n had completely forgotten it was her birthday.

"It's your birthday?!" Cressida exclaimed.

"I guess so..."

"You forgot your own birthday?" Nadine questioned, who finally seemed awake from all the owl commotion.

"Maybe..."

"Well go on, open your present" Melissa urged.

Y/n unwrapped the package and found a new quill set. It came with three quills and five bottles of ink in all different colours.

She smiled at her present and set it aside to resume eating.

Though when she looked up, the other four girls were all smirking at each other.

"What?" She asked.

"Happy birthday, to you" they began to sing.

Y/n knew exactly what they were doing.

"No. Guys don't." She hissed.

"Happy birthday, to you" they sang louder. A few other students at the Slytherin table began to take notice.

"Please. Oh Merlin's beard, please stop"

"Happy birthday, dear Y/n!" Y/n was sure the whole Great Hall could hear them now. She buried her face in her arms.

"Happy birthday, to you!"

'Phew, it's over' she thought.

She thought wrong.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TO YOU!" They we're practically screaming now, and some other students had joined in.

'Kill me now, oh please' she thought desperately.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TO YOU!"

Y/n stood up, ready to bolt out of the Great Hall. Which she did.

Quickly getting out of there, hiding her face whilst- nearly the whole Great Hall at this point- finished singing her 'Happy Birthday'

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUU!" Everyone finished, laughing and clapping.

The four girls who had began the sing along were laughing uncontrollably and sending thankful smiles at everyone while they passed to go get Y/n. She had only gotten out of the Great Hall at the end of the song.

"I hate you all, you know that!" She grumbled once they ran up to her.

"Yeah" Jenetta grinned.

"That was probably the most embarrassing moment in my whole entire life."

"Don't be dramatic, there must have been more embarrassing moments than your whole entire school singing to you even though none of them even know you and you've only been here for two and a half weeks" Nadine said.

Y/n glared at her.

"Cmon, you've gotta admit, it was pretty great" Cressida coaxed.

"No. It wasn't."

"Well maybe not from where you were, but I personally thought it was hilarious" Jenetta snickered.

"You all suck." Y/n muttered.

"I think we should make this a tradition" Melissa grinned.

"I swear-"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

590K 16.1K 112
"Darling, Quiet. Don't want to be caught now do we?" Y/n Bardot, a troubled girl swallowed in desires, problems and potential. She craves nothing mor...
173K 6.4K 47
~ Year four ~ Warning: This is the fourth book in a series!!! This also will journey through all of the books / movies so if you want a quick read...
143K 4.7K 33
first book in the Evelyn Black series • • sequal: BACK TO LOVE [ i promise the second book is better lol ] • slow slow-burn (like years) friends...
37.5K 1.1K 28
Love is difficult to explain as one likes to say. But (Y/n)(L/n) falling for her professor, Severus Snape? That was hard to believe. The girl always...