Beyond The Stage

Siasheart tarafından

"How did you burn water?" Jin looks ready to fight when he sees the melted pot and a black sticky substance o... Daha Fazla

First Author's Note
Her World Begins
Traveling
The First Hour
Being Watched
Traveling with my Stalker
The Day Before
200 Readers!!!
Stadium Lights
I'm What Now?
Looking For Her
Quick Escape
Change of Plans
Where Did She Go?
The Flight Home
Family Reunion
Dead Ends
Distractions
Chaos
Finding Her
Meeting Her
Caught With Her
Convincing
Making Plans
All About Her
Busy in Korea
What Is Her Secret?
Her Miracle
Cake and Whip
She Can Do What?
The First Visit
House Warming
Change of Heart
Kiss and Make Up
The Concert?
Yes, A Concert
One Problem at a Time
Uncertain
Best Friends
Precursor
Ah, Young Love
Hugs and Hellos
Terrifying
Out of the Shell
Gossiping
Only Human
Check Up and Check Out
Better than Planned
A New Dawn, A New Day, A New Life
The Flight Home 2 (aka Hotel)
Dorm Meeting
Recoup Day
First Day Jitters
Stronger Than Us
Bad Apples
Catching Up
Puppy Dog Eyes
Staying the Night?
Sweet like SUGA
The Courage to

Something New Every Day

9.3K 468 55
Siasheart tarafından

Namjoon's POV

I watch from behind the group of staff as our soulmate introduces herself. We're at the concert venue in Brazil for the first rehearsal. Sejin came in with Alexis and called attention to the people nearby. This isn't how new staff usually come in. Often times they greet everyone individually until they are fully introduced, but Sejin does it all at once. I imagine he is doing it for Alexis's sake.

The plan went perfect. Apparently, Alexis was able to find a flight almost immediately and she worked with Sejin to get a temporary passport that will allow her to travel to any country for the duration of the tour. They were able to get it without revealing the eight-way bond, but someone in the soulmate administration knows that she is soulmates with Jungkook. Sejin told me that it would be best if they thought Jungkook was her soulmate, because that's what we had to tell the doctor in Chile. Just in case it gets out.

I can't help but be slightly jealous, but I know that it is safest for Alexis. She treats us all the same, and never ignores any of us so there is no reason for me to be jealous. A greedy feeling inside wants someone to think that she is just my soulmate. But right now, in front of all these people that we work with, she is just an interpreter. No claims needed. For now.

I can tell she is nervous, but she keeps her head up and addresses them all clearly.  "Hello everyone. I am Alexis, the new interpreter for the rest of the tour. I was hired at Bighit, so I'll be your coworker from now on. Please treat me kindly." She introduces.

The rest of the staff treats her with the same respect she gives. I can't tell if they are curious or not about her abrupt arrival, but they ask no questions. They don't know anything about her yet, the only unusual thing being her late start. It goes smoothly as everyone returns to their positions and the relief I feel is immediate.

Alexis is finally on tour with us. We don't have to be apart anymore. I had gone twenty-three years without her, then had to leave again after being with her for barely a week. It hurt even more knowing that we hadn't left on great terms. It's the most relaxing thing to know that she will stay with us from now on and I feel significantly less stressed.

She smiles at us as we linger a while longer, but Sejin tells us to get ready.  He leads her away to meet somebody else, maybe the director, or someone that can tell her what she needs to do. I would imagine that she only needs to watch the performance today. We don't have a script, so there's nothing she really needs to do now. Especially since she doesn't know Portuguese.

Finally looking away, I go to get my mic done. The entire process is much quicker than it would be for the real concert. We are in casual outfits, bare-faced, with more sleep than we would have gotten than at an actual concert. The only thing we have to wait on, is the set up of the cameras, sound system and tech, and the dancers. Without stylists and make-up artists, it only takes an hour to start. 

The director calls us up for the first song, and we all get into position. Right before the music starts, Alexis comes back. In a quick glance, I see the excitement on her face as she watches us with interest. Her eyes glimmer in awe as the director calls out various cues that certain staff members react to. Next to me I hear Taehyung chuckle lowly, the others noticing her too.

The first half of the concert goes by normally. Sound and lighting perform well, our ear pieces work perfectly and our soulmate is with us just like we always wanted. Just like I always wanted.

When it is over, we sit down a small distance from Alexis, and the few care staff that are here hand us waters and small wet towels. I look at the other members. Most of them seem like they aren't paying attention, but I can tell they are. They stare blankly at wherever they are turned, showing their disinterest. She writes something on a notepad on top of a large speaker. She looks concentrated on whatever she's writing, leaned over the speaker with her hair cascading around her. Her mouth is slightly parted and her full attention is on the paper. Without trying, Alexis is easily the most entertaining person here. But maybe that is just my adoration talking.

A man walks up to her with Sejin and calls her name. I know he is in charge of something technological, but I can't remember what it was. It had to be something related to interpreting, otherwise Sejin wouldn't have put Alexis under him. "Alexis!" He calls.

She looks up at him and smiles in greeting. "Hello sir!" She stands up and faces him.

"Have you gotten the hang of how concerts go?" The man asks.

"Yes, I wrote some notes actually. I assume that they usually speak with the fans between the second and third song, right?" She shows him her notes.

His eyes widen as he reads them, but then he chuckles. "That's right. You're doing great already. I know you'll be fine at the concert."

I get confused. At this concert? I wasn't sure if she would be here on actual date or not, but now that I know she is, why would she need to take notes on when we talk? My mouth opens as I think of something. Don't tell me-.

"I can't wait to interpret." She explains. There is a pause as all of us take this in. I look around at the shocked faces of my fellow members. One look at Sejin, and he already knows our curiosity.

"Alexis, I want to take you over to the members. I don't think I introduced you to them yet." Sejin covers as a way to bring Alexis over. She looks confused, but agrees.

The staff have already moved on, so it's just the nine of us. When she gets here, I have to hold back a smile at how close she is and focus back on the question. I try to say it as nicely as possible without offending her. "Alexis, you know that they speak Portuguese in Brazil, not Spanish." If I recall correctly, Alexis doesn't speak Portuguese. At least, that's not what she said in her interview.

"I know. I'm not very fluent, but I think I can get by well enough. I actually wanted to ask you all if you could use easier words when you address the fans. Please." She asks politely. She looks embarrassed to say this, as if not being fluent in a seventh language is idiotic. Anything more than one is impressive.

At this point, I can't form any coherent words. "You can Portuguese?"

~~~~~~

Happy 230,000 my loves!

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

60.3K 2.3K 51
Soulmates are people who are bound to you before you are even conscious. How? Well, because the night sky said so. The temperature, the tranquility...
135K 8.5K 56
BTS OT7-soulmate au BTS×OC poly They say getting your soulmark when you turn 20 is the best thing to happen in your life. A bond that allows you to f...
20.9K 1.6K 50
What happens if your soulmate wants nothing to do with you? Sabrina moved to Seoul for a fresh start. She was settling in nicely, teaching English t...
4.8K 185 16
This is a story about Y/N and how she agrees to do a small favor for her friend...a favor that changes her life forever. It brings back a painful pas...