๐“ข๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“ฒ๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“พ๐“ผ ๐“๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ถ...

By purple_luna97

"๐“ ๐“น๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ฝ ๐”€๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ฌ๐“ฑ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“ผ ๐“ฟ๐“ช๐“ต๐“พ๐“ช๐“ซ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“ซ๐“พ๐“ฝ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐”‚ ๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“ช ๐“ฌ๐“พ๐“ป๐“ผ๐“ฎ." ๐™Ž๏ฟฝ... More

00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
SPECIAL CHAPTER
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52

33

277 20 8
By purple_luna97

• 33 - BITTER PILL TO SWALLOW •
Everyone have their own pain and fear. Without it, you will not feel alive.

| Kendra's POV |

"Are you alright?" I asked Nisha as she sat alone at the lobby. We are not close but I really want to talk with her somehow. It's just... we're all busy.

"I'm worried." I sat beside her as she said that while her eyes are staring to nowhere.

I sighs. "We all are." I answered and I felt her eyes to me. "I think it's normal feeling like this, is it? Especially right now that a war is ahead of us. We might don't even know the exact reason of theirs.. for starting this war. Maybe it's because of the gods, right?" I asked and look at Nisha. "Oh right! I remember Elaine told us that those enemies are angry to the gods!" I force a chuckles out of me. "It's always because of them. Their selfishness is on the higher level, you know? All they think about are themselves. They don't care about us. As much as we pleased them, they won't take a move on killing us but for me, serving them is a total bullshit cause we're still risking our whole life just to bring balance and peace to every realms. The responsibility they forced to put on our shoulders. Huh. Just fuck it."

"Kendra."

I closed my eyes when I felt anger is starting to rise up inside me. I take a couple breathe before looking back at Nisha. "What?"

"What are you scared of?"

°=°

I turn my hands to fist as I heave a deep sigh. Luana told us to prepare ourselves cause we're going to a mission tomorrow. A mission that is important as of now. Me and Luana are going back to Arcadia to meet the sorceress, Liliana is talking about and yes, the peaceful and harmonic lands are the place we had our last mission. I can't believe it at first that the keeper of the Royal Library is a sorceress!

A sigh leave me again as I decided to open my eyes. The water current is steady in the lake. It makes me want to go in so I strip on my clothes and step in. The water is cold but refreshing. I stopped at near the middle where the water is already over my shoulders. I tried to calm my nerves and shut my eyes. I dunk my head down on the water and sit on the lake floor.

¤¤

"What are you scared of?"

"Mom! That was sooo~ long!"

I can still remember that time..

"I know."

Her smile.. laugh..

"How do you do that?"

My mom.. when she's still beside me..

"As long as you trust yourself and trust the water itself."

"You can trust the water?"

"You can my dear. Besides, the water won't hurt us. Just keep that in mind and~! Be one to it."

--

"I'm sorry."

How a police gave my aunt an envelope. How my aunt keeps on crying while I'm just sitting on a couch.. watching.

"Why are you crying auntie? Where's mom?"

"Oh god."

How my aunt can't even answer that question and just hug me tightly.

"Auntie.. what's wrong?"

"Your mom, Jisu. I'm.. I'm scared she won't come back to us."

¤¤

I quickly stood up and let my lungs breathe. I open my eyes and the first thing I saw is my own reflection through the water. I saw my eyes red and swollen. I'm crying and I didn't even notice.

"It's always because of them. Their selfishness is on the higher level, you know? All they think about are themselves. They don't care about us."

"The responsibility they forced to put on our shoulders."

"What are you scared of?"

I shut my eyes tightly and held my forehead as I let out my frustration and anger. I shout and scream multiple times. Louder.. and louder.

"Why are you so selfish?! Why?! Why is it always us who receives everything everyone hated from you?!" I shouted and I felt how the water flashed everywhere but I don't care.

'Daughter.'

"Right. We're the children of the Olympian gods and goddesses. Of course. How unfortunate is it? We are in this lands where anyone can hurt us but that's the training for right? Cause it's still us who fight." I cried.

'Is it always been anger that's in your heart, my dear?'

"It's always been." I answered weakly.

'My daughter. I know a sorry won't make everything right but still.. I'm sorry that I've never been a father to you. A real father.. All this years. I watched you grow in pain and suffering. I'm not even there when your-- when your mother died. I'm sorry Jisu. I really am. I hope some day you'll forgive me. I'm just here. Remember that.'

A shout left me after Poseidon said that and I just felt my knees surrendered. I got shocked when I felt a body in front of me and arms that circled my waist that prevents me from falling. I weakly raise my head and saw the face of the person whom I didn't expect to be here. Did he heard everything?

"I got you... Jisu."

I know what I'm scared of. Ironically, I feared the element that I can seek and control. Because this element?

This is the one that killed my mother.

| Aeron's POV |

"Luana." I called her as I follow her inside Ms. Jones' office. As far as I know, she have been checking every papers in this place. "Class Virgo's and Ursa's presidents submitted these to me." I gave her the folder. "It's for the missing students."

"Thanks." she just said before starting to read over it.

I sighs. "Who do you think is the mastermind behind all this?" I asked.

She glances at me for a second before continuing on checking the papers on her hand. "We can't just say a name, Aeron."

I bow my head. "Right. I'll get going now." I told her and walk out of the room. I can feel her gaze but do nothing. I go to our dorm. Still destroyed since no one can repair it as of now. Using the stairs, I go upstairs to my room. I look around to see everything broken and not on their right places. I ignored the mess as my eyes glued to a picture frame. The glass is shattered but the photo itself is still fine. I pick it up.

'Mom..'

'Son.'

I got taken aback for a while but quickly get a hold of myself. I suck in a breathe. 'Ares.' I called out.

'Son. You're mom will be so proud of you.'

I stared at the woman who had a bright smile on her lips wearing a uniform of the army.

'Are you?'

My mom is a medical officer in the army at the mortal realm and one day.. she never come back home..

'Oh, son. I'm so proud of you. I really am. As a god of war, I'm glad that my son grew up with patience and courage.'

A tear falls down. I raise my head and another big frame that is surprisingly still hanging on the wall caught my eyes. The uniform of my mom.

'I really miss her.'

'Me too, my son. If I can be just there and save her, I will.. but son, life is all about birth and death in the end. Life is everywhere, as much as death and when death touch someone, we can never save them. I, as a god, also feared death, my son. There's none such immortality and eternity. There will always be this time that the string of life will be cut.'

| Nisha's POV |

A groan made me look at the man sleeping at the bed. I'm here at the infirmary since I don't know where I suppose to go. Besides, I'm one of those that Luana told not to go with them tomorrow at the missions and just secure the academy to possible threats again.

I stand beside the bed and look at Draven's face. He's having nightmares.. again. So I did what I did back at the dorms and go inside his dreams. His dreams are the same but.. it still makes the same pain towards him. Without any ado, I told Draven to wake up and when he finally did, good thing I didn't fell instead I felt the warmth on my wrist.

He's holding me as he stares at me. "Thank you." he said and I nod. He released my hand as I sat on the single couch. I saw him tilt his head while his dark eyes stares at me. "What's going on?" he asked making me snapped my eyes on him.

"Ahm.." my mind runs to Kendra. After my encounter with her awhile ago at the lobby. I can't stop cursing myself after I felt her pain. She's away from here at the building but I can still feel her pain and outrage. Though it is lessened after awhile. I don't know why, but I hope she's fine. "Nothing." I finally answered to him.

"You're different." he said and I can't help but gave him a confused look. What is he saying? "Is there something you're not telling us?" he instantly asked making me turn my gaze away.

"I'm..." my eyes meet him once again. "I'm not what you think I am." I said and he response me with a slow nod. The door opened and there I saw Scythe. I quickly notice how his eyes darkened when he look at Draven before calling for me.

"Let's talk."

°=°

"You should stay away from Draven."

I halt on my steps when he said that. "Why should I?" I asked looking at Scythe seriously. We are now at the fields walking, taking fresh air but now, instead of being relaxed, my body turns tense after hearing that.

"He's no good to you, Ryu. Just.. just stay away from him." he said and I shook my head unamused.

"I will not ignore him nor go away from him." well not anymore.. "Besides we're at the same class and he's my partner in training and traveling. Going away from him is a waste of energy." I told him and look at the beautiful scenery around.

"I'll talk to the professors then. I'll make them change the partnering. Just--" he hold my wrist and look at me with those pleading eyes. "--just get away from him."

I harshly pulled my hand away. "Why are you so desperate to make us separated anyway?" I asked as mixed emotions builds inside me.

"He's no good to you, Ryu! And don't deny that you felt pain after having encounters with him! I saw you, Ryu so just get away from him!" his voice starts to raise and I felt my eyes waters.

"You knew something, aren't you?" I asked hoarsely and I saw shock write itself on his face. "Of course, you know something. Is it because I know him before? That he become my friend once? What? Tell me! What do you know? Cause I'm sick of this, Hwang Hyunjin! I'm sick of being clueless!" I shouted in front of him and felt tears start to run down my eyes.

"Ryu.." he tried to hold my hand but I harshly move it away before he can. "Ryu, I'm just doing this for you. Please. Just do what I say--"

"I do what I want to do." I told him hardly. "I thought after finally meeting you here, we can be back to what we used to be but as long as I kept being reminded that you know everything about me makes me doubt you, Hyunjin." he tried to touch my cheek but I quickly hold his wrist and push it away. "I'm sorry, Hyunjin... But I won't stop right now. I will talk to anyone I want to and discover everything about my past.. now if you don't wanna help, just get out of my way." I told him and turn around to go. I wiped the tears that keep on falling as I heard him call me.

"You know I'm doing this for you, Ryu. To protect you."

I halt. "I know you do. You and my father-- you and Morpheus does." I lastly answered and left him.

| Cole's POV |

"Here." I gave Elaine a vial that contains ambrosia and she whispered a small thanks and drink it. I get it afterwards and place it on the table. "How are you?" I asked as I sat beside her on the bed.

"I'm starting to feel well. Are you sure you're not going on the mission?" she asked and I shook my head.

"Scythe will be with Aeron hyung. Besides I need to watch over you." I told her as I put some strand of her hair behind her ear. She smiled at me. She grab my hand and gently played with it.

"Thank you." she said softly and look at me in the eyes. "Thank you for everything you've done for me, Cole. Thank you."

I hold her hand. "I'll do everything for you, Elaine. Everything." I smiled at her. Immediately, I felt how the air shift around us as I saw her saddened face. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"A war will come. After those years that peace is in the grounds of Semideus Academy. The fields that is green and beautiful.. will turn to a battlefield full of death and blood." I held her hands tightly. "I'm scared, Cole. I'm scared that.. I'm scared that we will never be the same person as we used to be after the war." she cried and I gently wipe her tears away as I hushed her.

"It's okay to be scared, Elaine. And it's going to be fine." I told her and gently pushed her head against my chest. "We're all going to be fine."

Her shoulders keep shaking as I keep on caressing her to calm her down. I'm scared. I admit that. We don't know what's going to happened to every one of us but I'm hoping for the best.

That those enemies will fall and the academy will always be strong.

She slightly move away so that we have our faces inches away. "Promise me, Cole. That you'll always be by my side."

I caress her cheeks. I look at every details of her face before answering..

"I promise."

| Juliane's POV |

"Water."

I slightly jumped when I heard a voice behind me and a hand holding a water bottle sway in front of my face. I grab it and look behind me and saw Cliff oppa. He walks around the bench and sat beside me.

We're at the garden just outside the building. It's nice to have some breaks you know? The infirmary is kind of suffocating because of how many the patients are! Now I remembered that I haven't showered yet! Oh my gods.

"Thanks." I mumbled and chug on.

"What's bothering you?" he asks and do his number one habit on doing to my hair. Messing it.

I pout. "I'm just tired."

"Hmm." he brought his hand on the side of my head and gently pushed it to rest on his shoulder. "Rest then. You can go back on checking everyone after you regained your strength." he said and I can't help but smile. I slightly squirm around so that I can be comfortable. I close my eyes.

"Cliff oppa." I called out.

"Hmm?"

"Have you talked with god Hermes this days?" I asked curiously.

"We don't talked that much." he answered. "He just keeps on waking me up every morning. Though I find it confusing cause looks like he's being active."

I softly nod. "I agree. Mom also keeps on bugging me this past few days but..." I pursed my lips as I think of it. Cliff gently pushed my head to look at me as I open my eyes with a pout on my lips.

"What's wrong?"

"Mom keeps on telling me one same thing, oppa! And it doesn't make sense to me." I whined while shaking my head.

"What is she telling you then?" he asked.

"She told me to always look at the flowers and when it's my turn to ask why, she's instantly gone!" I answered. "What's with the flowers anyway?" I look around and saw that the flowers are all bright and healthy. I open my hand and there appears a flower, floating. It's a poppy. With gradient orange color.

"Maybe she's trying to say something." he told me. "You know how gods can be so confusing, Juliane."

I nod my head and let the flower float it's way to the ground. It planted itself and stand glamorously. "Maybe. I guess, I'll just follow what she said. Keep an eye on the flowers." I said and smiles.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.9K 2.4K 26
Originally published 2019-2020 {2022 Version} God/Goddess Au "When I tell you I love you, I don't say it out of habit or to make conversation. I say...
30.8K 1.4K 17
Book 1 of A Timeless Fragment of Epoch A ryeji secret agent/time travel/college au Hwang Yeji and Shin Ryujin were best friends since they were kids...
13.2K 673 26
Having another restart for her wasn't anything that she expected. Especially, a chance to live once again in one condition, it's to be a matchmaker i...
71K 5.3K 48
โœญ A careless intergalactic traveler named Beomgyu, literally crashed his space capsule on Earth. This unworldly person finds himself stranded on this...