The Usual (Junpei x Fem Reader

By elstonhannah

Wake up. Get your coffee. Go to work. Get more coffee. Go home. Sleep. That was your schedule these days. No... More

Rainy Days
The Book

Reuniting

95 6 7
By elstonhannah

Do they know each other?

The two boys stared at each other in shock while you just stared in confusion.

----------------

"Junpei?!"

"Yuuji?", the barista slowly asked.

Yuuji excitedly jogged to the counter and held his hand out. "Yeah man its me! It's been way too long!"

The Barista stared at Yuuji's hand, not quite sure what to do with it.

"Aww I'm offended," Yuuji exclaimed. "You don't remember our super secret manly handshake?"

"O-Oh yeah. I remember it!" he stuttered out as he linked hands with Yuuji. After they completed a series of complicated hand movements they shared a synchronized laugh. You weren't really sure what was going on but you enjoyed watching this odd encounter.

The barista looked up, finally catching his breath and locked eyes with you. You weren't sure how to respond so you just gave a small awkward smile and waved. He smiled and gave an even more awkward wave back.

Yuuji watched the two of you greeting each other and interjected, "Y/N this is my old friend from high school! Junpei, this is my friend and colleague Y/N!"

You looked at the barista and jokingly curtsied, "Well it's very nice to officially meet you Junpei."

He jokingly bowed back, "Um- Very nice to meet you again Y/N." 

"Again?" your pink haired friend asked.

"Oh, he's the barista that served me this morning. And the man that made your bomb cup of coffee." you responded.

Yuuji's eyes widened, "No kidding! What's your secret dude? That's the best cup of coffee I've had in a long time."

"Oh uh- I'm not really sure. I just... kind of made it." Junpei said, slightly flushed at the face.

While him and Yuuji made small talk, you looked around the small café to see if anyone else was there. Once again, it was just you inside. With how good the coffee was and the location it was in, you would have thought it would be pretty popular already.

Yuuji broke your train of thought and placed his hand on your shoulder, "Hey I'm gonna run to the bathroom but make sure to ask for your book okay?"

"Oh, okay," you replied, now standing awkwardly alone with the other man.

"Hey- uh... Junpei right? I think I left my book here this morning. Did you happen to see it? It had a red cover on it if that helps any."

"So that's why you came back for the second time today," he said with a little laugh. "Yeah you left it here. I tried to tell you this morning but you were already halfway out the door."

"Oh, sorry about that" you said, a little embarrassed.

"It's no problem, I'm glad you came back," he said with a smile.

Not knowing how to respond you just laughed a little and an awkward silence filled the air.

After realizing what he said, he quickly tried to explain himself, "O-Oh! I mean I'm glad you came back for your book! Since... books are important to people and obviously you liked it and-"

you cut him off with a small chuckle, "Don't worry, I know what you meant."

Jesus, talk about awkward. Why was it so difficult for you to talk to him? And when the hell was Yuuji going to get back? He better not have taken this golden opportunity to take a shit.

Junpei rustled around from behind the counter and handed you your book, "Here you go."

"Ah thank you so much! I was worried someone may have taken it," You smiled and let out a huge sigh of relief.

Junpei coughed and took a huge breath in, fiddling with his fingers.

"Hey this is going to sound really weird but....out of all the coffee you ordered which one was yours?" he said with a small blush forming on his cheeks.

"Huh? Oh I had one of the cold brews. Why?"

"Oh its- its nothing. I was just curious as to what kind of coffee you liked that's all," he said with an odd sigh.

What was that all about? I mean I guess it's a way of getting to know someone but what an odd question to ask....

Just as you were about to respond to him, Yuuji finally came back from the bathroom and slung his arm around you. You tensed up, not expecting him to leave his arm around your shoulders. Sure y'all were close and pretty good friends but he's never done this before. Why was he getting so comfortable all of a sudden?

You uncomfortably shifted on your feet and waited for him to lift his arm but he continued to leave it there.

"Well did you end up finding your book?" he asked you nonchalantly.

"Uh yeah... I did," you replied, still feeling a bit uncomfortable.

"Awesome! Well are you wanting to go home now? I know how tired you were feeling back at work."

"Hmmm... yeah that sounds good. I am pretty tired now that you mention it," you said. There was no denying that you were struggling to keep your eyes open.

The barista looked like he was going to say something to you but Yuuji cut him off, "Well Junpei it was awesome seeing you again man! Hopefully we see each other more often now that I know you work just across the street from me."

"Oh it was nice seeing you too! Wait you work just across the street? Like at the media and journalism company?" he asked with wide eyes.

"Yup! Both me and Y/N work there together!" he said with a proud smile. "Well we better get going, I'll make sure to definitely stop by here again soon!"

"O-Okay. Enjoy the rest of yalls day!" he said with a warm smile and a wave.

"Bye! You too!" you said, Yuuji's arm still wrapped around your shoulders.

"Uh... Yuuji? Could you let go now?" you asked.

"Oh my bad! Yeah of course." he said with a small laugh.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

After saying good bye to Yuuji and driving back home, you finally plopped yourself on your bed. God you were so tired. All you wanted to do was sleep, you didn't even care about dinner at this point.

Just as you were about to close your eyes your phone buzzed. Nobara had texted you.

'Hm? What did Nobara want?' you thought to yourself.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Nobara- Y/N....

Y/N- What's wrong?

Nobara- Don't you have some explaining to do?

Y/N- What? I don't think so?

Nobara- Mmmhm. No guys?

Y/N- Guys? Girl I have no idea what you are talking about.

Nobara- Oh wait. I guess you don't know about what happened this morning...

Y/N- Uh oh

Nobara- Don't worry nothing bad happened. But I think you have yourself a little boyfriend ;)

Y/N- LOL what do you mean???

Nobara- 555-555-0170

Y/N- uhh what is that? Did you mean to send that?

Nobara- oh its nothing.... just the number a barista left on Megumi's cup this morning.

Y/N- Pfft what does that have to do with me? Is someone into Megumi?

Nobara- Girl no offense but are you really that dumb

Y/N- ??

Nobara- It was obviously meant for you dummy -_- YOU were the one that ordered the coffee so it was meant for you.

Y/N- oh...

'Is that why Junpei asked which coffee was mine earlier?'

Y/N- That must be Junpei's number. He's the barista I met today. He probably tried to give me his number because I left my book at the café today.

Nobara- Wouldn't he have written the number down before you left the book? That doesn't make sense. He was obviously into you >:)

Y/N- Whatever -_- He definitely WAS NOT into me. We just met.

Nobara- That's what every married couple says

Y/N- Nobara....

Nobara- ok ok whatever you say loser. but can I ask you a question?

Y/N- sure

Nobara- What's your relationship with Yuuji?

Y/N- Huh? We're just really good friends why?

Nobara- I don't know he was just acting kind of weird this morning. When Megumi showed us the number Yuuji just told him to throw it away. And he was pretty set on you not getting the number too. Maybe he was just being protective since you're his friend and all?

Y/N- Yeah you know how protective he gets when it comes to his friends LOL

Nobara- Haha yeah you're right.

Y/N- Well this little boy talk was nice but I'm going to go ahead and get some sleep

Nobara- At 5:30??

Y/N- Yes I'm exhausted:(

Nobara- Aww ok well get some rest. And make sure you have sweet dreams of your new barista "friend".

Y/N- go away-_-

Nobara- lolol goodnight

Y/N- goodnight

----------------------------------------------------------

There's no way that number was meant for me right? I mean I was the only one there but still.... that kind of thing only happens in those fan fictions I used to read all the time as a teenager.

You closed your eyes and tried to clear your thoughts so you could sleep.

Ugh, I can't stop thinking about it..... maybe I should text him?

------------------------------------------------------------

Third chapter done! I told you there would be more Junpei interaction you just have to be patient with me ;P

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 33.6K 60
π’π“π€π‘π†πˆπ‘π‹ ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
Fake love By :)

Fanfiction

116K 2.7K 42
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
133K 3.6K 74
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...
250K 8.1K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...