SO COLD (18+) currently editi...

By Swadisky

*** NEW AND IMPROVED *** With her father missing, Shay will do anything to get him back, even if that means... More

WARNING : OFFENSIVE!!!
PROLOGUE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 8.5
Chapter 9
Chapter 9.5
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 11.5
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 15.5
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 21.5
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 25.5
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 27.5
Chapter 28
Chapter 28.5
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 30.5
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 33.5
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 37.5
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 40.5
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 43.5
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 46.5
Chapter 47
Chapter 47.5
Chapter 47.6
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 49.5
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 52.5
Chapter 52.6
Chapter 53
Chapter 53.5
Chapter 53.6
Chapter 54
Chapter 54.5
Chapter 54.6
Chapter 55
Chapter 55.5
Chapter 55.6
Chapter 55.7
Chapter 55.8
Chapter 55.9
Chapter 56
Chapter 56.5
Chapter 56.6
Chapter 56.7
Chapter 56.8
Chapter 56.9
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 58.5
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 60.2
Chapter 60.4
Chapter 60.6
Chapter 60.8
Chapter 61
Chapter 61.5
Chapter 61.6
Chapter 62
Chapter 62.5
Chapter 63
Chapter 63.5
Chapter 63.6
Chapter 63.7
Chapter 63.8
Chapter 64
Chapter 64.5
Chapter 64.6
Chapter 64.7
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 67.5
Chapter 67.6
Chapter 67.7
Chapter 67.8
Chapter 67.9
Chapter 68
Chapter 68.5
Chapter 68.6
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 71.5
Chapter 72
Chapter 72.5
Chapter 73
Chapter 73 *second upload*
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 75.5
So Cold
Chapter 76
Chapter 76.5
Chapter 76.6
Chapter 76.7
Chapter 76.8
Chapter 77
Chapter 77.5
Chapter 77.6
Chapter 78
Chapter 78.5
Chapter 79
Chapter 79.5
Chapter 79.6
Chapter 79.7
Chapter 79.8
Chapter 80
Chapter 80.5
Chapter 80.6
Chapter 80.7
Chapter 80.8

Chapter 12

21K 962 150
By Swadisky

CHARACTER VIEWS DO NOT REPRESENT MY OWN. Please be civil in the comment section.

On Christmas Eve, I received a text message from Ruby asking if she and Wilson could come over for Christmas in the morning to exchanged presents. At first, I was rather indignant, ready to text back that it's wonderful she's recovered from her amnesia and finally remembered me. But after pulling off the mask of pettiness, I relented and wrote them an invitation. My moment of kindness left me with a dilemma, however, as I had not brought Wilson or Ruby or Imogen a present. I paced the shop floor, a stack of notes amounting to a mere £70 in my hand as I tried thinking of what I could possibly buy them. Majority, if not all, shops were closed due to the holidays. I sighed ruefully, grabbing my jacket and leaving the shop. Maybe I'd find some stand open or ...something.

Parking in the shopping centre carpark, I was relatively surprised to see there were a handful of shoppers milling about, bags of shopping in their hands as they trudged through the snow. I headed out into the building, immediately noticing all of the shops I normally go to were closed, and the ones that were open smelt weird or had tacky items displayed in the windows.

Passing by, I saw the perfect present – for Irvin. I went into the shop, and walked out with the inflatable life-size 'Imaginary Girlfriend' which –and I quote– satisfies any boy's needs! She had a creepy, unnerving face, bulbous lips, and a massive air-inflated rack and I could only hope that she'd mirror the packaging picture when Irvin blew her up. I brought a tray of doughnuts from a food store for him, also and then went about to look for presents for my two friends. I didn't realise how expensive buying can get when you only had a couple of notes. Clothes, make-up sets, even guitar picks became thousands of pounds in front of my eyes and I became more agitated as I crawled past the same shops again and again.

I brought two boxes of chocolates, two bouquets of purple flowers, and then a cute top for Imogen. I knew the presents would suck and could already imagine the phoney smile they'd give me, and mock thank yous' but it was nearing six and frankly, I didn't have the energy to give a damn no more.

Heading back to the shop, I felt the tension digging deep into my back muscles and pain danced like fire up my spine and neck. I was so absorbed in thinking about visiting a massage parlour I almost didn't see the kid running straight across the road. He had appeared out of nowhere, my eyes flew wide, and my heart slammed against my ribcage as I smashed my foot against the brake pedal. "What the hell!" I screamed, my hands tightly wrapped around the steering wheel in utter horror.

He had paused in the middle of the road, his little face twisted into hatred, and then much to my shock; he stuck up his middle finger at me. "Watch where you're going, blind bitch!"

I watched him go racing off with a look of sheer astonishment and disbelief. "Where the hell are his parents?"

"Get back here, mother-fucker! I'm going to KO your Mum, bitch!" a much smaller child, no older than eight, was running barefoot, a thick stick raised above his head, cursing in a high voice and chasing the first delightful child.

I leaned over the steering wheel, watching him dash for the other boy, who had hurtled down a street and couldn't believe what I had just saw. It was so surreal, something out of a humour movie with an underbelly of horror. I was alarmed, if that was Seth I would be panicked and alarmed that some kid was trying to knock him unconscious. The only other person who witnessed what I had looked uninterested, chugging on his cigarette and walking.

More awake than ever, I was careful of any murderous kids and slowly drove back to Jade's Ink. Walking into the shop, I heard music and went upstairs. Jade was dancing to Shakira's Hips Don't Lie, her hips swaying side to side, a wine glass in her hand, red wine sloshing to the music in the glass. Seth was laughing, trying to mimic her with a red skirt pulled over his jeans. It was such a beautiful sight, I felt joy build up inside of me and I laughed.

"Ay, girl, I can see your body moving," I cat called in line to the music, dropping the presents. "And it's driving me crazy!"

They turned around, their hips still shaking, unadulterated happiness shining in their eyes and seeing my brother so happy was a blessing, especially with how miserable he'd been in the past couple of months.

It wasn't how we normally celebrated Christmas Eve, but dancing with Jade and Seth was better than I could've ever expected or wanted.

Being with your family is all that counts.

+ + +

We didn't get to bed until one in the morning, and even then I stayed up another hour and a half wrapping up the presents and then sneaking out my room to place Seth's and Jade's presents under the Christmas tree. Jade was snoring on the sofa and I turned the TV off before heading back to bed. I woke up early the next day, picking out a dress to wear, showering, curling my hair and then adding make-up to my face. I walked out of the bedroom, and Jade was sitting up, blearily, yawning. "You look pretty, love,"

"Thanks," I grinned. "There's hot water for you if you want to grab a shower."

"It's what I've been waiting for," she rushed past me into the bedroom and slammed the door shut. "Turn on the oven, will you?"

Jade had prepared the turkey last night and it was in the oven. After switching it on, I opened up the fridge door. Seeing as Jade wasn't the greatest cook, most of what we had was store-brought. As she showered and got ready, I started on the roast potatoes, parsnips, and ripped open the packet of mince pies. Seth came out of his room around half eight, freshly showered and wearing a clean shirt. "You look adorable with your hair styled like that," I said, glancing over as I checked on the Brussels sprouts.

"Stop calling me adorable, it makes me sound like a kid," Seth grumbled half-heartedly and then gave me a hug. He switched on the radio, and Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas was playing. We sang along as we brought the dishes over to the coffee table. Jade came out, her hair up in a bun, her lips painted red and wearing a silky red dress. "You look great," I complimented. "You could pass off as my sister."

"Your younger sister," she teased, and then held my head between two hands as she kissed my cheek. I smelt something flowery as she embraced me and then moved to kiss Seth. "I have a friend coming over to join us for dinner. He's a great guy and well, the more the merrier, right?"

"I don't mind." I shrugged.

"When are we going to open the presents?" Seth asked.

"Hmm," Jade said slowly much to the impatience of Seth.

"Jade!"

She laughed. "I'm kidding, kid. Go ahead. Open your presents. You too, Shay, stop fluffing about in the kitchen for a second and get over here."

I watched Seth open his presents first. "The guy at store said these were the best headphones a gamer could have."

"Holy shit," his eyes went wide. "I love them!"

He unwrapped the t-shirts, the giant marshmallows box and trainers I had gotten him and I reached for the bag Seth handed me. I already knew what it was going to be. There was a cute teddy bear, a box of chocolates and a make-up kit. "You're getting better at choosing make-up," I laughed. "Do you remember when you first got me make-up and I had that rash on my face?"

"Total accident," Seth grinned.

Jade passed me a card. I read it over, confused. "Is this my present?"

"A free tattoo."

I waited for the punchline. It never came so I said. "Dad would kill me."

"Come on, live a little," Jade said. "You could get it anywhere you like. Life's better when you've got ink on your body."

"Alright," I relented. "I'll think about it."

The shop bell rang loudly and I shot up. "I'll go see who it is."

"If it's Dylan send him up."

"Sure."

It wasn't Jade's friend. It was Ruby and Wilson. Ruby is a blonde, full red lips, big blue eyes, a total Daddy's girl who had everyone wrapped around her finger. She was nice to your face but the tongue wagged as soon as you turned your back. Wilson is a skinny, lanky boy with curly brown hair and glasses. He is genuinely nice but a pushover and will cave as soon you look at him. Also, he was in love with Ruby. "Ooh," Ruby tittered, falling into the shop. "I was certain we came to the wrong place. This area is so...quirky."

"Come in," I felt regret rise up inside of me already and tried not to sigh in exhaustion. Why did being with Ruby require so much energy? "How have you guys been?"

"Good," Wilson gave me a hug, handing me two bags. "Our presents. Merry Christmas."

"Thanks," I took the bags. "Uh, wait here. I'll go get yours."

I slipped up the stairs.

"Who is it?"

"No-one important," I said, rushing to my bedroom and Seth and Jade shrugged, returning their attention to their presents. I returned downstairs and saw Ruby wrinkle her nose at the jewellery on display.

"Wilson, darling, look how tacky this is."

I cleared my throat, my arm shooting out, and almost smacking the gift bags into her large chest. "Here you go. Merry Xmas, Ruby."

"Oh, wow! Thank you!" she gushed, taking out the top. She held it up to herself, looking confused and then smiling. "This is what I've always wanted!"

"Hm," I said, looking between the two and hoping they'd get the hint to leave.

"How have you been, darling?" she laid a hand on my arm. "I can't imagine how you're feeling. Losing your father, moving here... I heard your aunt is on benefits. It must be a struggle to get a decent meal, you poor thing."

My irritation showed its ugly head and I snapped. "Look around, Ruby, darling. This is her shop."

"Oh, of course. Silly me. It's...um, adorable," Ruby's eyes lingered on the skull and burning devil t-shirts. "How is Seth? I miss the little guy."

"He's been doing okay. So I guess Imogen broke her leg?"

"Hmm?" They didn't get my sarcastic joke and Wilson, ever the apologist, quickly came to her defence. "She's in Canada, visiting family. She'd be here if she could."

"I'm sure she would," I replied.

"I guess we better leave," Ruby finally said after a long, awkward silence.

"I guess so," I held the door open. "It was great seeing you. You should come around more often."

"Of course!" Ruby leaned in to kiss my cheeks but changed her mind at the last minute to a hug which only made the embrace ridiculously uncomfortable.

The door opened and Irvin and Daniel walked in. Awkwardness exploded into the room and Daniel only made it worse. "Hello mama," he purred, his wide eyes glued to Ruby's chest. "Let me make your Christmas with some African candy."

Everyone cringed simultaneously and Ruby gave him a sour look. "In your dreams, creep."

As Ruby and Wilson hurried out, disgust etched on their face, their noses in the air, Irvin whacked Daniel on the chest. "Dude. Lower your expectations."

"Or change your lame pick-up lines," I advised, placing the gift bags behind the counter.

"I would go back to the slave days just to motorboat her boobs," Daniel sighed in longing.

"If I was your mother, I'd punch you straight in the throat," Irvin wasn't impressed. "Did you see the look she gave you? That bitch already sees you as a slave. She was practically ready to throw notes at us to make us go away."

"I'd do anything for her, man. I've never fallen in love so quick before."

"Don't sell your dignity, you shameless bastard."

"Her dad's a surgeon, chances are her chest is fake," I said. "Anyway, Ruby has a boyfriend. Big guy. Lives at the gym. You have no chance."

"Who were they, anyway?" Irvin asked, pushing a pink box onto the counter. "It seems like they were forced to come here."

"They're my friends."

"Yeah, sure. I got you cake."

"Really?" I peeled the lid of the pink box, and an assortment of cake slices were arranged neatly. "I think I'm in love."

"Where's my present?"

"Oh, you're going to like this."

When I handed Irvin his wrapped presents, I could tell he was excited. It was pretty cute, considering he had told me he didn't celebrate Christmas but still expected presents. Daniel was sitting beside the cash register, eating a slice of carrot cake messily. I stood next to him. Irvin pulled out the tray of doughnuts. "Wow. I've always wanted 24 doughnuts."

"If you can't finish them, I'll do you the favour," Daniel offered.

"Sure, man," Irvin was peeling apart the wrapping paper and then his face fell. "You're fucking with me, aren't you?"

"For your lonely nights," I sniggered.

"Really? A fucking Imaginary Girlfriend blow-up doll?" Irvin's face was priceless; disbelief and distaste clouded his features. "Do I look like a forty year old virgin?"

Daniel guffawed, sliding off the counter top. "Here, let me blow her up."

Irvin tossed the package over to him. "It'll be the only action you'll get anyway. She's blonde, got big tits, and holds a likeliness to the stuck-up cow from earlier."

As Daniel enthusiastically blew the gorgeous lady to life, the door rang again. The man who walked in was tall, shaven, dark haired and had startling green eyes. He paused, his eyes flying around the room before settling on Daniel. "Uh... What is going on here?"

"He's lonely on Christmas and wants some action from his sex doll, isn't it obvious?"

"Don't be so shy, Irvin. The doll is really his." Irvin gave me a death glare to which I combatted with a smile.

"Uh, okay. Is Jade around?"

"Are you Dylan?"

"Yes, she invited me."

"Go head on up," I said and he passed, flowers and a bottle of wine in his hands.

"She has a mouth to stick your dick in," Daniel marvelled for a second before tossing her to Irvin. "She's giving me the creeps. Look at that unnerving face and gigantic blue eyes."

"Isn't she your perfect woman?" Irvin asked sarcastically before looking at me. "I am so disappointed in you."

"I spent a lot of money on her. I thought you'd love her."

Daniel sniffed and then sighed. "Is that turkey I smell?" He looked at me, his bottom lip jutted out. "I'm an orphan. Spare me some dinner?"

"What a fucking liar," Irvin scoffed softly. "You just ate at your Dad's house."

"I'm sure there's more than enough food for the both of you," I said, carrying the box of cakes to the stairs. "Are you coming?"

Both boys came racing after me.

+ + +

Jade and Dylan were curled up on the couch, giggling, a wine bottle on the coffee table in front of them and a box of chocolates. Seth, after finding out Daniel was an avid gamer like him, had dragged the guy into his room and currently the two were yelling at each other to kill the sonafabitch who was hiding in the cockpit. Irvin had helped me clean up after everyone ate and currently we were lying down on my bed, our stomachs stuffed and heavy. It was so weird, Jade had been totally cool with them joining us and pulling the crackers and arguing over who'd eat the last of the chocolate log just came naturally to us. It was as if we'd been celebrating Christmas for years, and we were like some big dysfunctional family.

"I feel like I'm pregnant," Irvin groaned, clutching his stomach. "Wake me up when the day is over."

"Don't fall asleep," I could barely lift my head up to look at him, my body felt clogged down with food. "I forgot to tell you, I'm moving to your college."

"Yeah?"

"Hmm-mm, Seth is transferring, too."

"Tell me more,"

"Since it doesn't look like my dad's coming back, it makes sense. Anyway, I like it here and Seth does, too. Living here is just so relaxed and Jade is so chilled out –"

Irvin snored softly.

I quietened down, inhaling deeply, hearing Jade laugh loudly and Seth yell at Daniel for stealing his weapon, and simply laid there as the sun died.

CHARACTER VIEWS DO NOT REPRESENT MY OWN. Please be civil in the comment section.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

369K 9.8K 73
™️©️⚠️ All the covers and pics are AI generated pictures I made. They aren't exactly perfect but they sum up how I imagined the characters. Going th...
151K 3.1K 47
Lucy isn't an ordinary gang leader. Most gang leaders are boys but she was an exception. She's a strong and independent girl and a powerful leader. L...
1.2K 10 27
"Is that all you got sweetheart."I said to him with a smirk. "Oh we are just getting started". He said with a devilish smile. Miles"is" the son of m...
32.2K 690 28
Aniyah Rose Moretti She knows what she wants and she gets it. There's nothing can stop her. She's strong willed, feisty, and sarcastic. She's been t...