Falling for the Devil

By MentallyUnstablexoxo

Harley Prince has been a good girl all her life. But when her best friend's brother gets expelled from colleg... More

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Intro❀︎
Character Aesthetics
Prologue
#1 The Downfall
#2 Regret
#3 New/Old Kid
#5 Jailbirds
#6 Bad Ideas
#7 Revenge
#8 Valentine's
#9 Cujo
#10 Camryn
#11 Butterfly Knife
#12 Two Flirts
#13 Pranks
#14 Freight
#15 Sorry
#16 Arguing
#17 SLUT
#18 Fuck-Toy
#19 Distraction
#20 Problems
#21 Hot Tubs
#22 - Sex Lemonade
#23 New Me
#24 Hookups
#25 Body Kisses
#26 PARTY CRASHERS
#27 No Regrets
#28 The Devil in her Angel Eyes
#29 Drugs and Money
#30 - Deadly Summers
#31 Oliver
#32 Football Class
#33 Highway Bitches
#34 Graduation Fuck You's
#35 Gun F*cking
#36 Fights
#37 I-
#38 Dumb Dates
#39 Virgin Round Two
Disclaimer
#40 Old/New Self
#41 Missing
#42 Hope Crew
#43 Across the Country
#44 Goodbye
#45 Times Changed - Epilogue
Author's Note

#4 After Hours

33.9K 576 869
By MentallyUnstablexoxo

~ Close - Nick Jonas ~
❤︎❤︎❤︎

"Want to hangout tonight?" Evelyn asks as we walk to her car. School's over, Ollie did not gp today. He's sick unfortunately which leaves me to deal with Evelyn alone. I love her but Ollie balances out her craziness for me. She wasn't always a part of the group.

Ollie and I became best friends when we were twelve. Evelyn moved and came to Ridgeview High during grade ten. I volunteered to show her around at the time and she stuck around with me. I didn't mind at first. She has her moments.

God, I sound like a terrible friend don't I?

"Sure," I smile at Evelyn. Thankfully no one can read my thoughts. How I portray myself to the world and how others see me, is way different than who I am. Honestly I don't know who I am, if I'm being honest. I haven't shown a "different" side of me. I just grew up to be what everyone expected me to be.

High grades. Captain of the debate team, mathletes and mock trial club. Staying out of trouble. Wearing clothes bought for me rather than buying my own. Not going to parties, drinking, doing drugs or anything teenagers perceive as fun these days.

I grew up following the rules because I'm too scared to step out of my comfort zone. Scared of how my parents would react. Now everyone just expects nothing but the best of me. It has it's advantages like a bright future ahead of me.

But it fucking sucks.

It gets boring from time to time. I basically read, sleep, study and hangout with Ollie and Evelyn every once in a while. Sure Ollie does a few "bad" things like drink and smoke but he's on the football team. Basically almost everyone on the football team does. Not that that's an excuse, it's just not surprising.

And Evelyn, it's what you'd call a good girl and nerd. I've been called the same things as if they were insults. I don't see the problem with being good or smart. She's almost like me. I don't really think anyone is "like" me.

"Your place or mine?" She asks as I get into the passenger seat of her Toyota.

"My parents are gone for business again. Mine," I declare. They leave every other week on Friday for a business trip. But this time they took my sister because they couldn't get my grandma to babysit.

And they trust me to be home alone.

She begins driving and I roll down the window. The light breeze blows against my face. It's Friday and I get to sleep in thankfully.

According to Grey on Monday, tonight is the night I'm supposed to hangout with him. I told him I'd think about it but I never agreed to it nor did I deny. But it doesn't matter anyways because he hasn't talked to me all week. I also found out after lunch, he's in another one of my classes. But he hasn't bothered talking to me so I guess the "unsealed" deal is off.

I didn't want to go anyways. He's nothing but trouble and hanging out with him would just be a one way ticket to my ass in jail. My parents would be furious if they received a phone call of having to pick me up from jail.

The car comes to a complete stop and I realize, we're here.

❤︎

"Ev, it's eleven pm on a Friday night. You don't need to go to sleep, you're not at your parents house," I remind her as she crawls under my blanket. She shakes her head.

"Early bird gets the worm. Plus I'm committed to this routine, my brain has to-"

"Yeah, yeah just go to sleep." Ollie and I hear the same speech over and over every time she sleeps over at one of our houses. A reason why we never go to hers is because she makes us do the same and wake up at the ass crack of dawn.

We hate it.

"Goodnight, I guess," I mumble as I close my room door. There's no way I'm going to sleep right now. I head down two flights of stairs to the basement. It's a pretty nice basement. A small movie room section, pool table, a bar. My parents never thought to lock up the liquor because they trust me enough not to have any.

But today's a different story.

If I like beer, I wonder what else I'd like. I walk over to the bottles of alcohol and begin searching through them. 5%, 7%, 20%, 35%, 40%. I'm not trying to get drunk, just a small buzz. I probably shouldn't be doing this since everyone least expects me to. I've always thought about stealing my parents' alcohol and getting drunk just for one night. But I've never actually done it.

I kneel down to the mini fridge behind the bar and take out cranberry juice before mixing it with vodka in a glass. It shouldn't be too much. I spend the next hour and a half on facetime with Ollie while I sip on the same drink. I don't think he noticed it's mixed with alcohol, he'd never think I'd do something like that.

He had to leave to sleep since he's sick. So I head back to the bar to fix myself another of the same drink. I'm already feeling the light buzz but a little more won't hurt. Cranberry and vodka, surprisingly I like it, but I don't like cranberry juice on it's own.

"So this is what the little Angel is up to after hours."

My eyes snap up to Grey's in the middle of pouring vodka into my cup. Alright this looks bad, extremely bad. "What're you doing here Greyson?" I ask as he slowly approaches me. He stands on one side of the bar while I stand on the other.

"Friday night, remember. You're coming out with us," he says. He takes my drink and begins to slowly sip on it.

"Us?" I question his word choice. I don't remember there going to be more people. But I should've assumed so.

"Yeah us. Me." He points to himself. "You." His finger slowly turns to me. "And Emmett, Jet and Zion." I only know Emmett, he's been Greyson's best friend since forever. They're both straight trouble. I haven't seen him in a few years, his family moved cities, but they still kept in contact.

Greyson finishes my drink and places back the empty cup on the bar. "Alcoholic in the making?" He teases as I pick back up the cup and walk it to the small sink. If I leave it out, my parents will definitely know. He continues talking as I stay silent. "Told you that good girl shit is an act. Let's go."

When I turn around he's right in front of me. Only a few inches away as he towers over me. I let out a short nervous laugh. "Nothing is an act. Just because I decided to have a drink, doesn't mean I'm going to rob a bank." I joke lightly. He stares at me, his eyes boring into mine.

"We'll see tonight, Angel. Are you drunk?" His scarred eyebrow raises as he questions me.

"No. I had one drink, barely anything," I say.

He nods slowly. "Good. Let's go." He walks off without another word. I follow him upstairs and back to the front door. Now that I think about it, I had that door locked. "How'd you get in?" He doesn't bother responding to my question.

"Is your grandma watching you tonight?" He knows my parents are gone. Pretty much every Friday night. A lot of the time I would stay over at Oliver's.

Shit. "No but Evelyn's upstairs," I remind more-so myself. I can't believe I forgot about her. 

He opens the door while looking back at me. "Is she sleeping?" I nod in response. He grabs my arm pulling me outside before closing the door.

"Greyson I can't lea-"

"Shut up. She's fine, we'll be back before she wakes up. And do me a favour tonight, Angel." I look at him confused as we walk to his car. "Let loose tonight." He pulls open the car door and slides in.

I open the door to the backseat and sit down next to one of Grey's friends. His hair is dark and curly and his eyes are a deep brown. "Zion." He holds his hand out to me. I smile and shake it. Zion laughs but shakes hands with me nonetheless. Another one of Grey's friends next to Zion reaches his arm over him. "Jet." He greets with black hair and blue eyes.

"Harley! I haven't seen you in what, a few years damn," Emmett huffs out a breath. He reaches a hand behind the seats as he drives with the other. I settle on a quick high-five not wanting him to crash.

"Yeah, it's been a while." Even he looks different too. More stubble on a sharper jawline but light brown hair and hazel eyes remain the same. Although his hair is a few inches longer. He needs a haircut but looks hot even without one.

I know I called him hot. All of them are, I won't lie.

"Yeah what's changed since I've been gone. Still doing all that academic shit and not knowing how to have fun." He laughs at his words along with the others.

"I'm out with you guys, am I not?" I question in a rude tone. Zion and Jet both "oooh" as if I "burned" him.

Grey laughs. "She's different, man. Slowly coming out of her shell." I lock eyes with Grey through the rearview mirror. "Nice body too." He winks before drawing his gaze back to the road. I roll my eyes.

Emmett scoffs a laugh. "Not like you'd know." It goes silent for a few seconds before Emmett starts laughing. "Nooo you didn't?!" He shouts as he laughs even harder.

"I did," Grey says proudly.

"That's fucked up. Your little brother's best friend. You're cold." Emmett pushes his hand against Grey's shoulder as he tries to shake him. Zion and Jet both shake their heads but laugh under their breath.

It goes silent for a second before Emmett whips his head back around to me. His eyes flicker between me and the road. "You best friend's brother. Even worse," he shakes his head. A short snicker under his breath.

"Shut up. Let's not talk about my drunken mistakes," I mutter as I look at Grey. 

"So what, you drink now too?" Emmett asks.

"She's not even sober right now. Caught her sneaking vodka from her parents bar," Grey says. I shake my head as the others laugh and make small jokes about me turning into an alcoholic.

The car comes to a hard stop and I fly forward a little. "We're here!" Emmett announces before running out of the car. We all get out of the car, and I start looking around.

"Where are we?" I ask. Everyone begins walking to the attraction and I slowly follow them. Maybe this is a bad idea.

"Abandoned water park. Closed down like ten years ago," Jet answers.

"Yeah except someone bought it a few weeks ago," Zion mutters.

Jet slaps the back of Zion's head. "It's fine though. Really." We reach a tall fence. It has to be at least ten feet. Jet takes off his backpack and throws it over the large fence. The sound of bottles clinking together, possibly one breaking is heard as it drops over to the otherside.

"Dumbass! The alcohol is in glass bottles!" Zion shouts at Jet.

"If my Hennessy is broken, I'm breaking you," Grey threatens. I realize they're all starting to climb the fence. I stay on the side we were already on. "Come on Angel!"

I shake my head and cross my arms. "I think this is far enough for me. I don't really want to land in jail for trespassing," I mumble as I look around. Of course the stupid water park had to be in the middle of nowhere.

"Just climb the fucking fence," Grey mutters.

I grip my hands onto the metal fence and place my feet between the diamond shaped holes. I slowly climb to the top. "Is now a bad time to mention my fear of heights." I've had once since I was like six. I throw one leg over the other side of the fence.

About a foot or two above from the ground, I let go and jump to the bottom. "Finally. Let's go." Grey throws his arm over my shoulder casually as we walk towards the water slides.

It's funny how before a week ago, Grey and I hadn't even hugged. Scratch that hadn't even high-fived each other.

He screws off the top of his small 375ml bottle of Hennessy and presses the bottle to his lips. He tilts his head back slightly, his Adam's apple bobbing as he swallows. I look away when he looks back at me. Before I know it the bottle is right in front of my face.

He nudges me a little. "Just a small sip. I already know you want to." He presses the glass against my lips. I open my mouth wider letting the bitter alcohol sting my tongue and throat on the way down.

But in a way it somehow feels... good?

I manage to only cough a little. A small smile spreads on my lips but soon drops as he holds the liquor away from me. "Slow down, Angel. I'm not going to be the one dragging your drunk ass home." We continue walking until we reach the highest slide of the waterpark.

I notice everyone begins walking up the stairs. Except me. Grey stops, notices and rolls his eyes. "Harley move your fucking ass!" He shouts from a few stairs up. I shake my head. He huffs out a large breath and jogs back down towards me as the others continue to climb. "What's wrong with you now?"

I shrug looking anywhere but him.  "Nothing just I don't know about this," I mumble. I know I should step out of my comfort zone, I should experience new things but I think I've done a lot of that in the past week.

He sighs, running a hand through his hair. "Just tonight. If you hate it that much you won't have to do this again. But you won't, you'll like it and we'll get to fuck again." His lips curl into a smug grin.

I roll my eyes. "Who says we're going to you know again."

He takes two steps closer to me. "Fucking. You can say fucking you know. Your parents aren't here, neither are those who know the good girl side of you," he says. He's right, tonight I can let loose, I probably won't see these guys again and Grey won't tell anyone, I hope.

If he wants bad I'll show him bad.

I snatch the Hennessy and gulp down about a mouthful. "Just tonight." I press the bottle into his chest. His hands wrap around the bottle and I walk past him and up the stairs. As I walk up the stairs I grab the hair elastic from my ponytail and pull my hair out. I toss the elastic and continue walking.

And there are so many fucking stairs.

I look over my shoulder to see Grey has already caught up. "Oh we're definitely fucking again," he chuckles to himself.

"Yeah right. Ever heard of a one time thing," I mutter.

"Sassy. You like that in bed too?" He questions. But the way he says it isn't like a genuine question. It's in a teasing, taunting tone.

I shrug, not bothering to answer that. "You should know. You slept with me didn't you?" I question back. Even if it was my first time sleeping with any guy.

He scoffs a laugh. "Yeah but you were definitely holding back, trying to saviour the last bit of good girl in you." His arm wraps around my waist firmly. "I bet you're louder." His lips graze my ear as he whispers. "Needy," he breathes.

I try to push him away but his grip tightens, keeping me close. "Rougher. I know I am." I turn my head slightly just to look at him.

"Yeah? Guess I'll never find out because it's not happening," I declare. I use my force this time as I shove him back. He winks at me.

Once we reach the top I take a seat in between Emmett and Zion. Emmett holds out his bag of chips to me.

For the next few hours we talk, drink, fuck around and just have fun. I had fun, I won't lie. I found out a lot too, like how Emmett also got kicked out of the same college as Grey. They probably both did something stupid together. Zion became Emmett's friend when he moved and Jet joined them in college.

"Shit." Arms grip my waist as my hands grip the railing to keep me from falling. I hear a deep chuckle from right behind me. I push his hands off and continue walking down while holding on.

I drank too much.

I think it's safe to say this is the first time I've ever been drunk. I have to blink every few seconds to get rid of any haze and I can barely walk straight. I know this is going to hit me hard tomorrow morning.

From a distance bright blue and red lights flash along with a siren.

"SHIT! Let's go!" Emmett yells. We all begin running, some of us including me stumbling down the rest of the steps. Why did we pick the tallest waterslide of the park to sit on again? It was a stupid idea.

As soon as we make it to the bottom we notice four cops shining their flashlight around. "This way," Jet whispers. We all immediately sober up out of freight and adrenaline. We begin running very fast as we try to take an opposite exit.

We turn a corner but Jet stops running and raises his hands into the air. "Maybe the wrong way," Jet mumbles. Six cops stand in front of us. We all slowly raise our hands into the air.

"Great going Jet," Zion mutters. He looks back at Zion and shoots him an apologetic smile.

The cops approach us with their handcuffs. My hands forcefully pulled behind my back and cold metal pressed against my wrist. "You are under arrest for trespassing. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law. You have the right to an attorney present during questioning. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you."

I look at Grey, who's also being arrested, in panic. "Breathe Angel. You're fine," he assures as the cop drags me away.

FINE?!?!

I am fine. I'm fucked.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

946 39 15
Felicity is your typical good girl, the innocent daddy's girl with the perfect grades. Tyler is your typical bad boy, attracts all the girls with his...
574K 14.5K 41
(I WROTE THIS AT 14 YEARS OLD, IT'S BEEN TWO YEARS SO DON'T ATTACK ME Y'ALL FOR HOW BAD IT IS IDEK WHY IT HAS READS BUT LMFAO) "Because Heaven," he s...
8.7M 227K 65
WARNING! This story was my first (unedited/draft). Grammer, plot, etc is messy so please beware! thank you :))) - He couldn't get enough of the emera...
2.8K 267 45
"He was the definition of what you call bad, he smoked, he broke the law, he drove too fast for his own good.He didn't care because no one taught him...