A Heart's Desire (Book 1)

Por JadeDragon24

Evangeline Gray just wants to find her mate, like any werewolf, but after a cruel twist of fate, she decides... Mais

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 5

344 21 2
Por JadeDragon24

Julian is going to get in now. Damn jolly ranchers. Took me forever to get that sticky film out of my hair. Knowing that crème-filled doughnuts were one of his favorites, I pick some up when I went for supplies - along with some Orajel. We were going to stay longer than I had originally planned, so I didn't pack enough personal supplies. Shit just got taken to another level.

"So Sienna, I got the supplies." I whisper to Sienna, after I arrive back at the pack house.

"What did you get?" She asks.

"Maximum Strength Orajel and crème-filled doughnuts." I inform her.

"For what?"

"We can add mayonnaise to the crème-filled doughnuts."

"That's just gross!" She exclaims.

"So is taking a shower with jolly ranchers."

"Ok. Next."

"We add Maximum Strength Orajel to Julian's toothpaste. It should make his mouth numb pretty quickly." I grin.

Sienna says to me. "That's a terrible, incredibly foolish idea. Let's do it and see what happens."

So we doctored his toothpaste while he is sleeping and waited for a reaction. From the kitchen the next morning we hear this.

"Ooo ebol libble gurss!! Um geddin' ooo bag fur dis!!"

"Who and what is that?" Romain asks.

"It is Julian, and I believe the translation would be 'You evil little girls!! I'm getting you back for this!!' but I couldn't be certain." Sienna chuckles, while I am laughing so hard I am about to cry.

"What did you girls do?" Brazil chides.

"We might have added Maximum Strength Orajel to his toothpaste." Sienna shrugs with an evil grin, however, I still couldn't speak.

"You do know that is a dangerous game, right?" Romain quips.

"And it's ours to win." I smirk still trying to catch my breath from laughing.

Walking through the pack house after this morning's training, I notice an amazing smell coming from the kitchen. It has a sweet note to it, and I love sweets so I go to check it out. My mouth almost dropped in the floor when I saw Julian practically dancing around the kitchen.

"Do I need to buy you an apron?"

"I would make it look good - wouldn't I?" Julian chuckles.

"Now JD, what are you making in here?"

"Red velvet cheesecake, devil's food cake and chocolate chip cookies."

"Are they going to be edible?"

"You doubt me E? I'm hurt."

"Why would I think that the Beta of the pack and prankster is a good cook?"

"Why wouldn't I be? You don't have to be a female to be a good cook and baker."

"Of course I know that - I've watched enough of Food Network to know that. It's just not something I expected from you. Who taught you to cook anyway?"

"My dad. Believe it or not my mom was not a good cook. She got to distracted with other things, so stuff usually burned."

"What was she like?"

Julian stands there silently with his eyes seeming to tear up.

"You don't have to talk about it JD if you don't want to."

"I want to tell you, but maybe some other time. Would that be ok?"

"Of course that's ok. I think we are going to be great friends, so we have all the time in the world." And I mean every word of that.

"I think she would have really liked you." He murmurs.

When he wasn't looking I go to get a cookie, but he cuts me off. Smack.

"Ow. Why'd you hit me with the spoon?" I asked incredulously.

"We might be becoming fast friends, but that does not give you special privileges with the cookies." He responds sternly, but I see the mischief in his eyes.

"What do I have to do for a cookie?" I say seductively walking up closer and closer.

"Well...ummm...there is...there is..." he begins stumbling over his words.

I get even closer, and it backs him all the way against the counter. Got it. I snag a cookie and take off.

"Hey!" He yells out.

"Call me the cookie monster." I laugh and run off to the barstool around the island.

Damn good cookie though. Staying around here might cause me to gain weight if he always cooks.

"Is there any chance you can make something special for me?" I ask seriously.

"Anything you'd like."

"Anything?"

"Sure."

"Well, I can't pick just one. Let's see. There's Italian Crème Cake, Snickerdoodles, Key Lime Pie, Million Dollar Pie, cherry cobbler and plain NY-style cheesecake."

"You have a sweet tooth don't you."

"I suppose you're right. I like sweet and salty, but not much on bitter, sour or super hot. Mildly hot is ok - just not super spicy."

"Very specific tastes, huh?"

"I just know what I like and don't like." And right now I just might like you way more than I should.

Early the next morning, we get up before everyone so we can 'doctor' the doughnuts. Everyone is told last night that they shouldn't eat the doughnuts in the box. Those were special for Julian. Sienna and I took the doughnuts hiding in my room to the kitchen, and we piped the mayonnaise into the doughnuts. We put them back in the box and set them on the counter. This is going to be epic.

Once again, everyone is down for breakfast. Noticing that Julian isn't down yet, I sat back eagerly waiting for him to come down. Of course as soon as he entered the kitchen, he went straight for the box of doughnuts. Luckily he didn't ask any questions, because I would have blown my own prank.

"son of a-!!!"(spitting and gagging sounds) You monsters!! How could you do this to a donut!!! (More spitting and gagging)Goddess that's disgusting!! It should be a crime!! (Sink sprayer noise as he rinses out mouth) you should be ashamed of yourselves!!!"

"What is it this time?" Romain asks.

"Mayonnaise in the crème-filled doughnuts." Sienna answers.

"You two are evil." Brazil grins pointing at the two of us, with Julian still trying to get the taste of mayonnaise out of his mouth.

"Tu me fatigues!" Julian yells and stomps out of the kitchen, as we all start to laugh.

"Who messed with his doughnuts? He usually only uses French when he's really upset." Scarlett inquires.

"Technically they were my doughnuts. He just assumed they were for him, and I didn't correct him." I shrug, as Sienna and I just sat there with an amused expressions on our faces. Scarlett just shakes her head and walks off.

"What's that on your shoulder?" Brazil questions.

Looking down I completely forgot that I had to wear a tank top this morning - stupid Julian, I'm running out of clothes. The tank top reveals the double-crested blue wave tattoo on my right collarbone.

"This is a graduation present from Sienna - well we got matching ones. It represents not only our love for the ocean but our love for our home pack - the Silver Tide Pack. It isn't the only tattoo I have, but you won't be seeing the other one Brazil." Snickering, I wink at him and walk out of the kitchen towards the training grounds.

Game on.

***************

Tu me fatigues - You're annoying me. (French)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This morning's training is going exactly as planned, so I decide to spar someone else with a twist.

"Who would you recommend today JD?" I ask Julian since Romain is busy with other Gamma duties.

"How about my buddy Tyson over there?" He responds with a sly smile.

"Do you think he is going to overtake me or something, Beta Le Tourneau?" I address harshly not liking his attitude at the moment.

"No my dear. A she-devil like you can take care of herself, I presume."

"Of course."

Tyson is a formidable opponent so I decide to show one of the advantages I have.

We were once again circling each other. I notice that he is favoring his left leg, and I notice the rock nearby. Seeing this, I ever so carefully move it closer to the fighting area. Distracting him by purposefully letting him get a strike in, I fall backwards. As he is concentrating on stalking me for a 'kill shot', I move the rock underneath him. He proceeds to trip over the rock. Jumping up, I perform an arm lock on him, bending it to the point of breaking it - which I did. He has no choice but to submit.

"That people is what I call 'You should always expect the unexpected.' Obviously that isn't something I will use while sparring with you on a regular basis, however, I wanted to show you there's always a possibility that the one you are fighting has an unexpected advantage on you. Try to always be mindful of your environment along with whoever you're fighting." I conclude.

Another one bites the dust. My wolf chuckles.

You are funny, aren't you? I question her.

You wouldn't want me any other way. She argues.

No I wouldn't. I love you just the way you are. I agree.

Love you too. She responds.

I leaned down to ask Tyson if I heal him will he refrain from trying to oust me and get a punch in. He agrees that he wouldn't, so I decide that I will heal his arm - just like my mom taught me. Imagine the correct anatomy of the part you want to heal. Concentrate on that part being anatomically correct and then focus my energy on that area.

Tyson thanks me for healing him and gets up to join the rest of the fighters.

As I is walking through the back door hallway after a day of training, I feel someone's hand land on my shoulder. Maybe because of the hand-to-hand combat training I just completed, I go into self-defense mode. I throw my body around and pin the person up against the hallway wall.

"What the fuck Julian!!" I am pissed by this point. He looks scared, but also almost fascinated with me. He just ends up staring at me. I don't know why, but I end up staring at him - us both looking like we had never seen each other before - our faces just inches from each other.

Luckily the tension is broken by someone clearing their throat.

"Is there a problem here?" Scarlett questions.

"No ma'am. Someone thought it is funny to sneak up on me, is all." I reply.

"Julian, will you ever learn?" Scarlett scolds him, sighing and walking away.

Before I released Julian, I hiss in his ear, "Don't do that again!"

He just smiles, and do you know what the smartass says, "Maybe I liked it. Ever think about that."

"Smartass!" I call out as I walk away - him chuckling behind me.

"Stop looking at my ass, Julian Le Tourneau!" I comment, and he just chuckles louder.

I turn around, narrowing my eyes to try and show that I am not happy with him when I see that his fangs have descended.

"What the fuck!!" I yell.

"What?" He questions.

"Are you going to attack or something?" I ask. With the confused look on his face, I decide to clarify. "Why are your fangs descened?"

"Oh...that...well." He blushes. He blushes? Before I can ask Julian rushes past me down the hall.

That is strange.

********************************************************

~Julian POV~

"I saw that Jules." Red teases as I come around the corner to go up the stairs to my room - a needed break.

"What Red?"

"Eva just happens to have you pinned to the wall and your fangs have descended - but you don't look like you're mad and are going to attack her."

"Red...not now." I whine out.

"It's ok to be attracted to her, just remember what you've told me for the last three years."

"Don't remind me Red - please." I plead - needing to go to my room.

"Fine Jules. Go on - I know you need a shower." She says but I can tell she is teasing me with the statement too. Sometimes it sucks to be a guy!

****************************************************************************************

~~Eva POV~~

Getting off of the phone with mom after our almost daily call is depressing. Of course the subject of Isaiah comes up again, so I tell mom that I will talk with her later. As I am walking by the front room, I see Julian watching a movie.

"Watcha doing jujube?" I tease.

"You know I hate that nickname. Stop calling me that and come join me." He tells me as he pats the area next to him.

Jumping on the couch, I end up curling up and laying my head on his thigh.

"What's wrong E?" Julian asks concerned.

"JD, I have the worse luck." I sob, not able to contain my tears of pain.

"No you don't." He tries to comfort me, and pulls me a little further up. He starts running his hands through my hair and it's rather soothing.

"Yes I do." I argue.

"Then tell me what's wrong."

"If a guy rejects you, why is he going to do his damnedest to find you?"

"Did you get rejected?"

"Yes JD. I thought you would have known by now."

"I heard some people talking, but I wasn't sure they weren't talking about you."

"Maybe. Maybe not. But I did get rejected."

"Who would have been stupid enough to reject you." He asks, and I thought I heard a growl. Since I don't want to embarrass myself, I don't ask.

"A guy named Isaiah. He is part of the Crimson Edge Pack. There have been death threats against who ever is his mate for the last six months. He thought he is protecting me by rejecting me. He didn't even talk to me about it?" I cry.

"Are you going to give him another chance?" He inquires with what sounds like a hint of jealousy.

"Not on his life!" I hiss.

"Ok Eva. I am just wondering." He replies and ended up taking his hands out of my hair.

The next words tumble out of my mouth. "Don't stop Julian."

"I didn't think you were into me." He states.

I slap his thigh and look up at him, his silver blue eyes staring at me intently. "My hair asshole. It felt good. You're waiting on your mate anyway." I pretend to tease, but I'm actually being serious.

He becomes deathly silent, and I start feeling bad.

"I is just teasing JD. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you feel bad." I explain.

"It's ok E." He responds.

I don't press the topic anymore, and we go back to watching the movie — whatever movie we are watching.

Once the movie is finished, I decide I want to know more about Julian.

"So what's one thing about you that might surprise me?" I ask Julian.

"I play piano."

"Ok, yes, that surprises me. How did you learn to play?"

"My mom. She always played when I was little. I would sit on her lap and watch her for hours, eventually I just picked up on it, and mom helped me refine my technique." He pauses momentarily. "Is there anything interesting about you?"

"I like jigsaw puzzles and board games.

"Well that's unexpected."

"Well with ten kids constantly at one house or another and five of us the exact same age, some activities were harder to do than others. But one of the easiest was for us to play board games. My twin's favorite is Monopoly, which is ok but they can take it too serious and we end up playing all night. I actually love Rummikub."

"Rummikub?"

"You've never played? Oh we have to play this one. It's a game like rummy but with tiles instead. But one of the main differences is that any player can work with tiles that have already been played. You have played rummy, right?"

"Of course I played rummy growing up."

"Sorry, I don't know much about you really. Did you have many friends?"

"Not really, but dad didn't keep me away from others because I was bad."

"Well he didn't keep you locked up because you were good either."

"Who says I needed to be locked up?"

"You would probably like it too much it you were locked up. Hell locked into anything." I tease.

"With the right person - maybe." he grins.

Game On.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

279 24 17
Rose is trying to figure out her new life after finding out shes a werewolf with two mates who don't get along.
220K 6K 25
Evangeline Parks was many things. Werewolf, daughter, future alpha of the Blue Moon Pack. But, a mate is something Evangeline is not. So what happens...
295K 11.2K 19
***COMPLETE*** Evangeline hated her life from the minute she was rejected. Little did she know that her life would take a turn for the better. Evange...
39.5K 1.2K 24
Ally the new girl in town, and she has no idea that her life is gonna change. She don't know what to think about anything.