A Heart's Desire (Book 1)

By JadeDragon24

Evangeline Gray just wants to find her mate, like any werewolf, but after a cruel twist of fate, she decides... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 4

372 23 0
By JadeDragon24

Not long after we started to relax in the front room, Julian came in, and I am ready to put my plan into action. Sienna just sat there trying to remove all emotions from her face knowing what is coming.

As Julian gets ready to head downstairs, I jump in front of him.

"So Julian, I am wondering after dinner if you'd like to come up to my room?" I whisper in his ear while running my finger down his chest to his stomach.

"Now-now ho-ho-hold a second! I didn't- you're a nice girl but- you gotta understand---" Julian stutters, a tint of red to his shocked face. Julian watches me burst into a slight fit of giggles, and his eyes widen in sudden realization.

"You're playing with me, aren't you?!! Fils de pute!" He cries out, appalled and slightly embarrassed, his flustered scowl only makes me laugh harder, and now he sees Sienna laughing from around the corner.

"Scarlett told you---! That traitor! I'll have a word with her right now!" He turns on his heel to go up to Scarlett's office, only to hear her growl echo loudly from her heated phone conversation before he even gets to the first step. He turned back around, a bit nervous now.

"On second thought, maybe later."

He passes by both of us laughing, scowling irritably.

"And you two? It's on. So watch your back, because you aren't the only ones with tricks."

He disappears upstairs, and both of us don't bother holding it back anymore.

Not long after Julian disappears, the guy from earlier, Brazil, comes walking in with a guy looking similar to him but with a lighter complexion and striking blue eyes. I decide to strike up the conversation, not afraid of guys in the least.

"So Brazil, huh?" I ask the youngest.

"Yeah." is the only word that came out of his mouth.

"Who's this, little brother?" The oldest one says, with a wink. Is he flirting with me?

"Umm, I don't know." He mumbles.

"Well she knows your name. How did you not catch this beautiful lady's name?" The guy asks his brother, while Sienna just rolls her eyes in the corner. "And what about that lovely in the corner? Do you not know her either?" He continues to tease his brother.

"Shut up Romain! They just showed up on the territory today. It isn't like I got the chance to talk to them before Beta Julian shooed us off!" Brazil fumes. Oh how cute! I think silently.

"Julian shooed you guys off? Figures he would try to get them to himself." This guy I guess Romain states almost more to himself than anyone in the room.

"I found out Julian is all talk just a minute ago." I interject in their conversation.

"Really?' Romain questions.

"Yeah, he didn't want to meet me in my room." I try to sound serious while Sienna laughs in the background. I think Romain got the hint, but Brazil just stood there and pouts.

"By the way, I'm Eva and this is my cousin, Sienna. We will be here for about a week or more, so that I can train the warriors."

"Then I guess it is time for me to introduce us since Brazil is too shy to do so." Which got him a kick in the leg. "My name is Romain and this is my little brother Brazil. I am the Gamma of the pack and he is a warrior. It would be my honor to train with you, especially one-on-one." He states with another wink.

"I suppose that would be entertaining." I tease returning the wink.

Brazil is still pouting behind Romain when he gathers his brother to leave. I sat back on the couch next to Sienna and enjoy the rest of the movie.

Game on.

Later that evening, I suddenly remember my baby parked out by the road. I need to get it moved before it gets too late. Going to Scarlett, I get permission to move my car to the pack house. Apparently someone had to show me the secret entrance, so Julian and Romain are asked to escort me out.

We don't get even part way there when Julian is called to go back for some urgent business.

"You can show her the way, can't you Romain?" Julian questions, although he looks disappointed he has to leave.

"Sure no problem." Romain responds, and Julian leaves us standing there.

"So what's your story?" Romain asks, I guess trying to break the silence.

"My parents are the Alpha and Luna of the Silver Tide Pack in northwest coastal Florida. I come from a big family. I have a twin brother, Ethan. Our oldest brother is Asher. My younger brothers are triplets Levi, Logan and Liam and the baby is Elliott."

"That is a big family. How did you like being the only girl?" He inquires.

"Mom made it easier. We liked to play pranks on the boys all of the time. As mom would say, 'It is all that Eva and I can do to live in this house filled with testosterone'." I chuckle at the memory.

"So another Julian around. This should be fun." He comments sarcastically.

"Don't start with me." I chuckle, lightly slapping his arm.

"But seriously, I think I would like your mom."

"Yes, she is a strong lady who has been through a lot. She trained to be one of the Warriors from the Tidewater Pack. I have my cousins, too. Sienna is one of a set of triplets born a few months after Ethan and I. Her siblings are Sophia and Samuel. And those three, along with us seven, were a houseful. Since my uncle is the Beta and my dad the Alpha, it seemed like all 10 of us were at one house or the other constantly - something I just got used to." I continue,shrugging at the last part. "What about you?" I ask intrigued by this quiet yet attractive guy.

"Well both my parents died when I was 16, so I was left to care for my siblings. Brazil was 13 at the time. We also have two little sisters, Antoinette and Rosalie, who are 10 and 12 years younger than me. Since I knew it would be hard to get us all placed together, I took responsibility for caring for all four of us. I had to find a place to live, so we wouldn't be harassed by child protective services. I tried everything I could to provide for my siblings, but it is difficult trying to get a job and ensure their safety at the same time. We ended up staying at the abandoned Six Flags until Scarlett found us." He explains.

"Wow, I will never complain about my life again."

It wasn't so bad. I kept our family together and that is what's important. Wouldn't you agree?" He probes.

"Definitely."

We fell into a comfortable silence until we reach my car.

"That's your car?" Romain gapes.

"Yes. It's kinda embarrassing seeing as I've heard your story. My parents are good with business and investing. Each child gets to pick their own car on their 18th birthday. This is what I picked."

"What kind of car is it?"

"It's just a Dodge Charger Hellcat."

"Kind of like you." He teases.

"Hey don't call me a cat - it's insulting. But yes, in general, it raises hell just like I do."

We got in and he shows me the car entrance to the pack house. I could see why you needed someone to show you the first time where the entrance is.

I wake up bright and early the next morning since I also go for a run to get my thoughts organized for the coming day. Knowing that I will have to access the pack members, I especially want to have my head clear. Thinking of everything I learn in training helps me decide on the course of action to take.

Today isn't going to be a day of training then, but it is going to be a day of accessing the skills of the pack members. After everyone arrived, I start.

"What is one of the most important things to develop in training? Some will say speed, strength and all of those are important. But I believe one of the most important areas to develop is endurance. Sure, facing one or two opponents you come against can be successfully won, but what if there are two more waiting to attack after that, and after those there are several others. Any major fight or battle will usually have the magnitude of enemies who once you fight off one, you have another, then another, then another - I suppose you get the idea. Correct? This type of fighting will not only test your strength and skills, but also your endurance. So for this first assessment, I am going to test your endurance and agility. I have set up cones 25 yards apart. Sprinting from one marker to the next is one repetition and you are going to make six repetitions as fast as you can. You will rest for five minutes and then repeat the exercise. The drill will be timed and recorded. Are there any questions?" I ask, and everyone remained silent."Good, no questions, let's begin." I command.

Everyone did fairly well. I notice ones that excelled and the ones that lagged, but nothing really surprised me. I just know now who to work with on training runs.

After everyone has rested, I decide to see if anyone wants to spar. Of course, Julian has an opinion.

"How about you spar with Romain, our new Gamma, and see what you both have?" Julian smugly grins.

"Fine with me, you Romain?" Although I knew he isn't going to refuse in front of all these people.

"Sure, but I don't want to hurt you." He confidently says with a wink.

"No problem."

We circle each other and Romain tires of this process and takes the first swing. I dodge to the side and move to his left. I let him punch me in the shoulder on purpose, after I dodge a second attempt by him to hit me. Using his concern for me to my advantage, I then kick his legs out from under him. The next move is a jab to his nose, hearing the satisfying crack. Afterward is a right cross to his left jaw. He is surprised but upset that I caught him off guard. Getting up mad, he lunges at me. I swing my left leg up, which he catches, but I follow through with my right leg and catch him squarely in his left rib cage. This effectively knocks his breath out of him and sends him to the ground. Hitting him a few more times in the face, Julian calls the fight. Romain isn't happy he lost, but he seems impressed.

Good. They shouldn't underestimate us. My wolf chuckles.

I don't think they do, but we undoubtedly have moves girl. I praise.

Yes, we do! My wolf agrees.

After this first day of training, Sienna and I come in exhausted and unfortunately decide to plop down on the couch in the front room.

As soon as we did, the horrendous sound of an air horn went off, and Sienna and I jump from the couch startled. Of course we hear Julian around the corner laughing at our expense.

"I told you to watch your backs, which you did." He chuckles but continues, "You didn't watch your bottom though." As he begins to laugh hysterically.

"Funny Julian." I exclaim. Now I guess I am slightly blushing from embarrassment

"Remember we have other tricks ourselves. Julian." Sienna interjects, drawing out his name with a smirk on her face.

He smiles, but visibly gulps. He must have done something else - but what? That afternoon I found out what when something sticky is coating me while I am trying to relax in a hot shower. The bastard must have put jolly ranchers in the shower heads when we got back from training. That must be why he visibly gulped.

"Julian Le Tourneau!" I bellow. "You are so going to paying for this!"

Game on. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 5.2K 21
Bella has moved on with her life after the Cullen's left and has made something of herself in the human community as well as the vampire community. W...
701 6 25
It's time for the Queen to learn who she really is.
33.1K 2.1K 39
SEQUEL TO: Throw Me to the Wolves FOLLOWED BY: Embracing the Wolves As if Ryder and Ashlynn needed any more trouble, Zander Ramon returns to Tyriette...
7K 348 31
Eva has always had a sheltered life and never really got out much but when she decides to move out on her own to a new town, she finds out that there...