Bad liar | Snowbarry

By snowallenxs

Caitlin Snow was a precious woman, enjoying all the parties and the expensive wines. Everything seems to bre... More

Prologue |
I. six years later
II. the chemist
III. eyes can't lie
IV. till the end, and a little more
V. snowflake

VI. touching the sky

85 5 3
By snowallenxs

I had a name, a long lost one, Caitlin Snow, the forbidden one, Frost and many others than didn't feel like the right way to go, Josephine, but only with one particular nickname I felt like home, " snowflake ". Barry gave me this nickname one night of winter when we couldn't leave the house because outside was snowing so bad that even the pool freezed. Barry had a soft side, who would've think?

Flashback
" You have to understand that if we leave the house now you're gonna get a flu " — he said giving me a forehead kiss after he sat next to me in the couch while giving me my glass.
" This were supposed to be the holidays where we weren't criminals anymore and go out and have a dinner like normal people do " — I was so mad at the weather for not letting me have the night I had dreamed about since winter started.
" You want to become a snowflake ? " — my heart got soft hearing that from his mouth.
" I wouldn't mind if I were your snowflake " — I laughed and looked him in the eyes.
" You're always gonna be my snowflake " — he smiled before he kissed me. I could go to the end of the world with him. But right now I felt good in front of the cheminee drinking wine and kissing him all night long.
                                              —
I found myself looking into space when I got a notification on my phone, interruping my thoughts. " I am outside your house — B ".
I was surprised that he ended up having my phone number as well as my address. I got my jacket and shut the lights. This is gonna be a bumby ride.
He turned to look into my direction when the sound of my heels were closer to him.
" You have to wear heels everywhere you go ? " — he opened my door car letting me get in.
" You know, a woman fight better in heels " — I said when he got in the car.
" He are not going to fight anyone " — he laughed and looked at me while I was fixing my lipstick in the mirror.
" Are you sure you wanna do this ? " — I found a little worry in his voice this time.
" I am sure I wanna do this " — my confidence was blowing up, that or the bottle of wine I drunk since he left this afternoon.
I was looking outside the window all the way, thinking about what I'll find there, Ronnie or someone else ? Someone I wouldn't recognize if I had in front of me. What if Barry lied all this time ? Why would him ? He didn't have anything to win in all of this, and like I said, he never played games, he had more serious things to take care of insted going to France with me.
" We're here " — I didn't realise that we were already in the airstrip. I nodded and one of his employee opened my door.
There was a big privite jet in front of me. Barry Allen, always wanting to do things in a spectacular way. The same boy helped us with the baggage and before I went into the plane I took another look at it to think if I was doing the right thing. I felt Barry's hand on my waist  " It's not too late to go back home ".
" I need to do this " — I said while climbing the stairs to get into the place. Barry was right behind me telling me that the flight would take about four hours to France and that I could rest, he gave me one last look and left the mini-room.
I took my phone to see of Ronnie texted me but it was only Barry's message that I didn't opened yet. You ever waked up and felt like your past is coming right from behind ? Well, that was me in that moment. I tried so hard to stop being that renegade I was, changing my name, be a normal woman who wanted just to marry the man of her dreams and have a beautiful family. But in the end, I was still stuck on the past, living all over again with 20 years.
I went to the middle of the plane where I found Barry with a glass of Scotch prying his tie.
" Why don't you rest a little ? You seem tired " — I said sitting in front of him.
" You won't believe if I tell you that this four hours are gonna be the most relaxing time of the last few months " — his smile came outside very quickly.
I smiled back — " Knowing you I could believe it ".
In that moment his smile disappeared and had another drink of wiskey.
" You don't know me anymore, Snow " — I stayed quiet — " Since you left a lot have changed ".
This conversation went like a roller coaster.
" I am sorry " — my voice was cracking, once again.
" For ? " — he said looking me right into the eyes.
" I left without letting you say anything ".
" Cait, I found you a week after you left that letter on the table. In New York, drinking a coffee. But here's the thing, I didn't wanted to tell you anything, because I knew that I would hurt you more than it could've hurt me. I just wanted to see you one last time " — I couldn't believe what he just said. He took my chin making me look again at him. He was honest and seem peacefully after saying that.
" Thank you for understanding me, I even couldn't understand myself back there " — my cracking voice was gone. That was a sign that I didn't have to be a lie around him. He still knew me better than anyone.
" You wanted a normal life, it wasn't easy everynight to run and fight all over again, assassinate and steal. After all this time, neither me can deal with it " — I have to be honest, having him made everything so easy. I wish I could tell him the real reason why I left.
I smiled and standing up to put myself a glass of alcohol — " You didn't actually though I was letting you drink alone, did you ? " — I said trying to make everything feel normal again.
He laughed in a second after that — " You always suprise me, you know that ".
The rest of the flight went good, at some point I even forgot why I was going to France. Being with Barry made me feel like myself again, around him I didn't have to fake anything anymore.
It was only him and I. Us against everything. Like old times.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...