when heaven and hell meet

By naijagal19

"If that demon were to see you, he would kiss your eyes and repent. Your body is sinful perfection. It's the... More

Authors Note
Prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
7
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
14
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
21
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
28
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty one and a half
thirty-two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
fourty one
42
fourty two and a half
fourty three
forty four
forty five
fourty six
fourty seven
fourty eight
49
Epilogue
thank you + announcements

35

13.3K 496 1.8K
By naijagal19

Luci

: mercy -shawn mendes

"Who doesn't have a password on their computer?"

I inserted my memory card into the jack and waited for my pictures to load on the screen. Saint had left the house a few minutes ago and it was a bit weird being here alone.

At least that means he trusts me enough to leave me alone here.

The photos loaded onto the screen and I favorited the ones I liked the most. Saint was a natural when it came to being photographed. Even when he was caught off guard he looked amazing.

I began editing the exposure and brightness of one of the photos. It was a tedious task, but the outcome would be worth it.

I stopped editing when I felt a sharp pain course throughout my stomach. It was sudden and caught me off guard. My head had gotten lightheaded and I suddenly felt sick.

I immediately ran to the bathroom and uncovered the toilet lid, before the contents festering in my stomach, spilled out of my mouth.

I held my own hair back until I finished. I didn't know what I expected when to see looking into the toilet. I assumed maybe my stomach was upset with me since I didn't have much to eat all day, but it wasn't uncommon for me to go a few hours without eating.

What I saw was straight out of a crime scene. I wiped my mouth and saw blood stain my palms.

"Blood?" I said aloud in shock.

Why the fuck did I just throw up blood?

My body began to heat up quickly unprovoked. Flames littered at my fingertips, as I quickly flushed the toilet. The flames spread from my fingers down to my elbow, and I held my arm up to keep myself from burning my clothes.

I had always been decent at controlling my abilities, and I had gotten even better since Khalil had been training me, but this was unusual.

I quickly splashed cold water against my arm to extinguish the flames. I brushed my teeth and rinsed my mouth. The taste of blood was warm and metallic. My body grimaced when I spit out the water and saw it going down the sink drain.

There were a million things I was worried about lately, I would not let myself get psych out about whatever just happened.

"I'm just dehydrated and hungry. That's all," I told myself.

I splashed water on my face and put my braids up in a ponytail. I left the bathroom and decided to head downstairs for a glass of water.

I twisted open Saint's bedroom door and all of a sudden I was pushed back harshly by two pairs of arms.

My head almost hit the floor but I caught myself just in time. I looked up to see the twins staring down at me with wide eyes.

"What are you doing here!" Charlotte asked. "You scared us. Saint's car wasn't in the driveway so we knew he wasn't home. We thought you were a burglar!"

A burglar... in a gated community?

They each grabbed one of my arms and help me off the floor. I was dizzier than usual, but I brushed it off.

"Saint left a few minutes ago. We were just helping each other... study. I was going to go downstairs for some water," I explained. "Didn't mean to scare you guys."

"Water?" Jayden said quickly. "I can get you water. Would you like it cold? Sparkling? In a bottle?"

"Um, a bottle's fine," I laughed.

Charlotte rolled her eyes as her brother immediately ran downstairs. He almost tripped but he recovered quickly.

"I guess both of my brothers have a crush on you," she sighed.

"Yeah, I guess so," I laughed.

She walked in front of me and peered at Saint's computer screen. "What's all of this?" she asked.

"I'm editing some photos I took," I explained.

She zoomed in and scrolled through the images. "Wow, these are all great, Luci."

I smiled as she kept scrolling, but remembered the picture Saint had taken of us. I turned off the computer, and my photos disappeared from the screen. Charlotte gave me a perplexed look and I quickly tried to change the subject.

"Sorry, I get shy about people seeing my work," I lied.

"But it's so good!" she complimented.

Right on cue, Jayden bursted through the door with a water bottle in his hand. He twisted open the cap and handed me the water. I concealed my laughter and took a sip.

"Thank you," I said.

He smiled awkwardly and his cheeks became red. He didn't look like Saint that much. He was really a carbon copy of Rod. Dark brown hair and blue eyes. Charlotte's hair was lighter but her eyes were brown. They were identical but still very different.

"Are you hungry?" Charlotte asked. "We were going to go get a snack downstairs."

"Yeah a bit," I replied. "Let me put my camera back in my bag then I'll join you,"

I grabbed my backpack and before I could continue, they both latched on to one of my arms and eagerly dragged me down the stairs.
I dropped my backpack down on the living room couch before I was taken to the pantry.

Charlotte was the first one to open the pantry and her eyes darted up and down the shelves.

"These taste really good," she said. She handed me a small package of chips and handed one to her brother beside me.

I bit into one and nodded in agreement. I wasn't sure how to start a conversation but thankfully Charlotte did it for me.

"So," she began. "I'm really sorry about what happened with our dad. It wasn't right for him to yell at you."

"Don't worry about it," I said. "It's not like you guys could've done anything."

"Still," Jayden mumbled. "I wish we would have."

Charlotte grabbed my arm and looked up at me. "Don't worry, the next time you need us, we'll have your back."

"You guys are so sweet," I gushed. "But I can't expect 12 year olds-"

"Thirteen," Jayden cut in. "Only five years younger than you. Not a big difference. Age is just a number."

I concealed my laughter and continued, "I can't expect thirteen year olds to be in a position to help me like that. It wouldn't be fair to you guys."

They both frowned, but I knew deep down they understood what I had meant. I appreciated the gesture but there was no way I could put them in a situation like that again.

We all turned our heads to the front door when we heard it open. Kate stood there with her backpack around her shoulders and stared blankly at us.

She looked surprisingly okay, given the fact she had blacked out yesterday. She didn't say anything to us as she walked quickly to her room. She slammed the door shut and the entire house shook.

"Sorry about her," Charlotte apologized. "She's been really moody lately. I'm still not sure why she's here."

I wondered if Saint would ever tell his siblings what was going on. They were so innocent and naive. Bringing them into the new world we had found ourselves in seemed daunting.

Ignorance was truly a bliss.

Before I could reply to Charlotte, my phone started ringing. I excused myself from the kitchen and went to the hallway to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Where are you?" Khalil asked.

I rolled my eyes and peered around the corner of the wall to see the twins mindlessly conversing.

"I'm at Saint's house, why?" I asked.

"You left the scythes at home?" he yelled in a whisper.

"No, I took them with me," I assured him.

"Okay, good," he said. "Don't forget the plan. Is Saint hopelessly in love with you yet?"

Not this shit again...

If Khalil wanted Saint's heart to be broken so badly, he could do it himself. I was tired of the constant mention of the plan, but I had to pretend like I was still on his side. If not, Khalil would take matter into his own hands.

"I think so," I laughed. "Can you believe he thinks I actually like him? Such an idiot. He asked me to be his girlfriend. Imagine that."

I deserve an Oscar for this.

"Great. Well, I'm with Celia right now. Make sure you keep the you-know-what safe alright?" he whispered. "It's only a small matter of time before she realizes they're missing. Not sure why she hasn't already."

"Got it," I replied.

I ended the call and buried my face in my hands. Why did this all have to be so difficult?
Why couldn't my life just be simple?

As I stood in the hallway, the door adjacent to me slowly crept open. Kate came out with the smuggest look on her face. She crossed her arms over her chest and walked up in front of me.

"I fucking knew it," she scoffed. "You are not just using Saint you're pretending you actually like him! Wait till he finds out about this."

I tried to keep my demeanor calm. If Kate had heard the entire conversation, then she could piece the puzzle together and figure out what was going on. I couldn't let that happen, so I decided to play dumb.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said.

I walked past her into the living room. She followed me and grabbed my hand and spun me around to face her.

"Please, don't act stupid," she scoffed.

Her eyes trailed down to my backpack sitting on the couch and she smirked.

"I can sense that they are here you know."

"Sense that what is here?" I asked.

"The twin scythes," she whispered.

My eyes went wide but I quickly recovered. Whatever Kate was thinking right now, made me out to be the bad guy. Her hearing the conversation, and knowing that the twin scythes were here, did not look good for me.

"Deny, Deny, Deny," I told myself.

"I don't know what you're-"

"An aura like that doesn't go undetected to an angel like myself," she interrupted. "I'm not sure how someone like Celia got her hands on those scythes but I'm certain she can explain that one later."

"How did you even-"

"Angels of death used the scythe with the demon hilt to kill demons. I've seen them all throughout my life. Sometimes in different forms but I can recognize the energy it emits anywhere," she explained. "My question is,"  "Why did you steal the scythes from me?"

This bitch-

"Why did you steal them from Celia in the first place?" I retorted. "At the party remember? You went into the room and stole them. Not very angelic of you is it?"

She shrugged and scowled at me. She was getting defensive. Ice littered at her fingertips and I ironically swore to God that if this angel attempted to hit me, I would smack the shit out of her.

"Because I figured the only reason a demon would possess the scythes would be to kill an angel. So I stole them to protect myself and Saint," she said. "But I have a feeling why you stole them. And why they are here with you right now."

She menacingly began to walk around me. Her eyes looked at me with disgust and contempt.

"It makes sense," she sighed. "I didn't want to think you and your guardians were clever but you are."

She pointed an accusing finger towards me and said, "You wanted Saint to fall in love with you. You used him for his money and his generosity just so you could use the scythes and kill him for your own gain. Isn't that right?"

She was testing me. None of that was true. I had come to my own conclusion that Khalil wanted me to kill Saint. That the whole "plan" was just to make it easier for me.

It's easier to kill someone when you hate them.

But I didn't hate Saint.

Deep down, a long time ago, I believed I knew I was never going to hurt him. In the moment I did want revenge, but I had come to terms with my own feelings.

Here this boy was, taking me to my favorite places, encouraging me, making me feel confident in myself and with my body. Going against his parents and everyone he loved. He trusted me and I trusted him.

I didn't hate Saint.

But I did hate Kate.

God, did I hate her. Her entire existence had made my life harder. She had despised me since day one and didn't even give me a chance.

I was already fooling my mom and Khalil into thinking I would actually take their advice. I figured I could do the same to Kate.

"So what if it is?" I asked. "What are you going to do about it?"

"I knew it!" she yelled. "You're despicable. But what could I expect from the daughter of Lucifer? You spent all this time being the victim and tricking everyone into thinking you're so nice and good when you've been pretending this entire time. You've been hindering Saint from getting his wings by constantly being around him so you could weaken him right? Because it's easier to kill someone when they are hopelessly in love with you and docile right?"

I was taken aback by her words but I kept up my demeanor. "He's not hopelessly in love with me."

"Please even a blind man could see how much he adores you," she snickered.

I didn't know if I was blind, or in denial, but I wouldn't believe Saint was "in love" with me unless he said it directly to my face.

"I don't know what you want me to say, Kate. So you've figured out my big plan. What's next?"

She smiled and waved the back of her phone in front of my face.

"Since when did you get a phone?" I scoffed. "And what are you gonna do? Call Saint and explain my master plan? As you said he's hopelessly in love with me. He'd believe anything I'd say so good luck with that one."

"I don't have to call Saint," she smiled. "Given the fact that he's been listening to this entire time."

She showed the screen of her phone and quickly ended the call. My stomach sunk and immediately the front door swung open. Saint stood silently with a bouquet of flowers in his hands and another bag filled with items. His eyes were red and puffy and I noticed his hands trembling.

"Is it true?" he asked.

His voice was weak and strained. It cracked at the end of his sentence. The items he held fell from his hands, and I heard the scuffling of feet come into the living room.

I couldn't reply.

My hands were shaking. I could practically feel how angry he was. He took a step towards me and came so close, that I could feel his hot breath on my skin. I took a step back in response.

"Is it true?" he yelled.

My body winced at his harsh tone.

He was scaring me. His jaw was clenching in restraint, and his knuckles were in a fist against his jeans. I knew Saint would never hit me, but that fact couldn't stop me from being frightened.

With a shaking hand, I cupped his face in my hand. He backed away from me as if my touch had burned him.

"No Saint, calm down. Let me explain-"

"So all this time you've just been pretending?" he cut me off. "Everything we've... I can't believe this."

I attempted to touch him, but he swatted my hand away. Tears started streaming from my eyes. I was internally panicking. I felt like my body was a shell and I was trapped inside screaming an explanation to him. But instead, I just stood there.

Quiet and afraid.

Unable to get the words out.

"I can't believe I wasted all this time with you," he said quietly. "That's why you never directly said yes to being my girlfriend. You don't want me at all."

"That's not it at all! I'm not using you!" I said.

He shook his head and kicked the flowers off to the side. The petals scattered all over the floor.

"And on top of that, you were going to use those daggers on me to get your wings? You lied to me about those too! You told me they were nothing!" he screamed. "I've delayed getting my wings because I didn't care about them. I didn't care about the consequences. I just wanted to be with you."

The past tense words he was using were throwing me off. I kept focusing on his last sentence.

I wanted to be with you.

Wanted.

A flood of tears brimmed underneath my eyes and one by one they all came flooding down to my cheeks.

"You think crying is going to make me feel bad for you?" he sneered.

He was being so mean. It was like he didn't even want to hear me out. I could explain all of it if he would just give me a chance.

"Saint you can't believe her please," my voice cracked. My eyes were fixed down onto the floor. I couldn't even look at him. The way he was staring at me sent my heart into a spiral. It was a look of heartbreak as well as betrayal.

"Tell me you don't have the scythes in your bag with you right now. Tell me you weren't planning on killing me."

My head hung low. I couldn't explain to him why I had the scythes with me. He wouldn't believe me.

"Okay yes I have them, but I wasn't going to-"

"That's what I thought," he scoffed. "Unbelievable."

His hands fisted into his hair and it seemed like he was going to rip it off with the way he was pulling at it.

"Do you even like me, Luci? Honestly do you like being around me? Since this whole time you've been using me?" he asked.

He waited for my response. The air around us was thick. Kate and the twins watched us quietly as it all unfolded. When I didn't reply promptly he scoffed.

"You know I could have any girl right? I don't need to be wasting my time with you."

He didn't mean any of it. He was just angry and hurt. But god did his words plunge through me like a knife.

He doesn't mean it. He doesn't mean it. He doesn't mean it.

"You think you hurt me? You're not the only girl I can take to a museum or buy nice things for," he said. "You're replaceable. Extremely replaceable, you know that?"

My vision was blurry as tears clouded my eyes. I kept telling myself that he didn't mean what he was saying but I didn't sound too convincing anymore.

"Saint stop it," Charlotte warned.

I'm sure the twins had to have been extremely confused with this whole ordeal. But I was grateful they were on my side.

"No, since she doesn't even like me why would she care? Since she was just gonna kill me anyway why would this matter?" he laughed. "You're not even my type. I took a chance with you. A stupid chance, but a chance nonetheless. This is what I get from doing charity work and being too fucking nice."

I finally made eye contact with him, and my heart broke all over again. His eyes were red as tears fell from his eyes.

He kicked the bag in front of him and came over to me. Before I could back up, he forcefully grabbed my hand, and one by one he removed each of the rings he had given me.

"No, no. What are you doing? You gave these to me," I said.

He shrugged and stuffed the rings into his pocket. He didn't let go of my hand but immediately dropped it when he realized he was still holding it.

"I'll give these to the next girl I end up with," he said. "Since you clearly don't care for it. You can keep the camera. It's not like you're going to amount to anything anyways. Just like you said. Your pictures lack personality and emotion and I'll be damned if you use me for that too."

The room went quiet.

Quieter than it was before which I didn't think was remotely possible. His words rang through my ear like a bell. I couldn't lie to myself and say "he didn't mean it."

He meant it.

He knew all the right ways to hurt me. He knew what he was saying would break my heart into unfixable pieces.

My heart was beating outside of my chest. I felt dizzy and sick all at once.

"I think that's enough Saint," Jayden said.

Just like that the old Saint had come back. The one who never cared to spare my feelings. The one who wanted me to hurt in every way possible.

"God how can you just stand there?" he asked. "You can't even look me in the eyes and your tears are staining the floor. Fucking pathetic."

He wiped his face with his sleeve and it was then I saw tears brimming his eyes again.

"How could you Lucille?"

"She's lying Saint," I managed to whisper. But it was no use. He had heard the phone call, how could he not believe her. All the cards were pointing against me.

"You made me fall in love with you, knowing that you would kill me to get your wings? Why couldn't you have just left me alone!"

"You... love me?" I asked.

"Obsessively," he whispered back.

For a second he almost stepped forward towards me, but it was as if he stopped himself. He crossed his arms over his chest and his eyes narrowed.

"Not anymore though," he clarified. "Not after this. How could I ever love someone as manipulative as you? How could anyone ever love you?"

He took one last look around at all of us before he attempted to storm out. I grabbed the end of his shirt and attempted to hug him but he coiled back.

"Stop touching me."

"Saint please I'm so sorry-"

"Stop touching me."

"I have scythes but not for the reason you think-"

"Stop touching me."

"Please if you would just-"

"MERCY!" he screamed.

Time stood still.

My hands stopped and trembled ferociously.

"Saint please don't leave," I begged. "Please don't leave."

"I should've known better," he said quietly. "I was playing with fire willingly, but how could I forgot. Fire burns, doesn't it?"

He walked out and the door closed harshly while the entire house shook.

Laughter rang throughout the living room. Kate had clutched her stomach as she chuckled at the whole ordeal.

"That was pretty funny you have to admit," she laughed. "Finally after all this time he finally hates you."

I couldn't move. I stared at the door and prayed he would walk back in.

"Now, I suppose since he hates you I can finally go through with my own plan."

In a flash, Kate's icy hand grabbed my wrist. Tiny sharp particles of ice punctured my skin when she threw me onto the floor. My head smacked against the floor, and I groaned out in pain.

"Charlotte, Jayden, you may want to go upstairs for this," she hummed.

She climbed on top of my body while I was still disoriented. My mind didn't even have time to process what was happening.

"What are you doing to Luci?" Charlotte screamed.

"Just cleaning up a loose end," she smirked.

My eyes bulged out of my head when both her hands came to my throat. Her eyes had turned white and she grinned.

"I've wanted to do this since the first day I met you," she chuckled. "I don't care about the consequences. Now that Saint hates you, he won't hate me for doing this."

I couldn't breathe. My hands instinctively erupted into flames. I pressed against her hands that were choking me and watched as her skin started to burn. It didn't faze her, however. She kept the grip on my neck
tighter and it would only be a matter of time before I lost consciousness.

"I don't need the scythes to kill you," she whispered. "I'll do it with my bare fucking hands. I guess this is a great time to tell you that I lied. I'm not just a regular angel. I'm an angel of death as well."

The scythes...

If my predictions were correct, Marcus and Celia would be here any minute. Just like the last time in Azure. Hopefully this time they wouldn't be too late.

"I'd kill you...before I'd ever kill Saint," I managed to choke out.

My legs attempted to kick her off of my body but she didn't budge. The twins were screaming but I knew they had to have been frozen in fear.

"Stop struggling," she said. "It's much easier to die when you've accepted it. Accept this Luci. Accept that the one person who loves you no longer does. Accept that no one will miss when you are gone."

That wasn't true. Celia would miss me. Khalil and Marcus would miss me. My mother would miss me and even the twins.

The twins!

"Charlotte! Jayden!" I screamed. "Go- go to my backpack and get the-"

Kate removed one hand off of my throat and slashed my face. The ice cut from my brow down to my lip and I could feel blood oozing out.

"Shut up," she demanded. Her eyes were still white and she choked me with all the strength she had. The smell of her burning flesh filled my nostrils.

I couldn't die. This wasn't how it was supposed to end but Kate was right. If this was the way I would go, I didn't want to suffer. I closed my eyes and stopped burning her wrist. I felt my body start to slip consciousness and prepared myself for the worst. She was too strong. Far stronger than me.

I just hoped my mother wouldn't be too sad that another one of her loves had left her. I hoped Celia wouldn't cry and I hoped that Khalil and Marcus wouldn't get punished for failing their task.

And lastly, I hoped Saint could forgive me, for I had already forgiven him.

I had died once before.
Not completely, but it was still some form of death. I didn't like to remember it often but it didn't hurt. Now, this next death would also be at the hands of an angel just like the previous one.

A single tear slipped down my cheek when my oxygen had been cut off for too long.

"What the fuck!" Kate suddenly screamed.

My eyes jolted open, when her hands removed themselves off my neck. She screamed and her body fell limp beside me and it was then that I saw two daggers sticking out her back.

The daggers were so deep inside of her back, that only the hilts could be seen sticking out.

Charlotte ran over and engulfed me in a wide hug. Jayden did the same and I rubbed the back of their heads to console their crying. They were both shaking profusely, while I looked to see Kate's body slowly turning grey. Her eyes were wide open and she wasn't saying anything.

"Is she dead?" Charlotte asked.

She definitely was, but given the state the twins were in, I didn't want to say it out loud.

"She is, isn't she?" Jayden asked. "We killed someone..."

"No, you guys saved me," I assured them. "She would have killed me if it weren't for you two."

Their tears stained my shirt as they cried. I bit my lip to try to stop myself from crying. One of us had to be composed.

As expected, a giant red mist clouded the living room. It blurred our vision and after a few seconds, Marcus and Celia emerge.

"Luci!" Celia screamed.

They noticed Kate's body on the ground and they turned back to look at the twins and me.

"Long story," I sighed.

Celia's face was stoic as she pulled both daggers from Kate's back. There was a liquid on them, which I assumed was Kate's blood. Celia wiped the substance off and looked me directly into my eyes.

"Who killed her?" she asked.

"W-we d-did," Charlotte stuttered. She pointed to Jayden who awkwardly waved at the two demons in front of us.

It certainly had to have been a scary feeling for both of them. Celia's eyes were red as well as Marcus' and mine. I noticed how they weren't talking to each other as expected.

"Fuck," she cursed underneath her breath.

She stared at Charlotte and suddenly her eyes widened. She came closer to her and took her chin to examine her face.

"What are you doing?" Charlotte asked.

"You're Saint's sister, right?"

She nodded and I noticed Marcus had been examining Jayden the same way.

"Celia," Marcus said. "Do you see what I'm seeing?"

Celia got up and grabbed Charlotte. She sat her down on the couch and started pacing the room. Marcus mimicked her movements and did the same to Jayden. Both twins sat on the couch in confusion while the demons started talking amongst each other.

"What's going on?" Charlotte asked. "Can someone just please explain what just happened. This isn't normal!"

"Who's your dad?" Marcus asked. "Tell us now."

"His name is Rod," Jayden replied. "Can you please tell us what's going on?"

"Rod?" Celia questioned.

"Short for Roderick" Charlotte explained.

Marcus and Celia exchanged looks of panic. What was it that they knew that I was suddenly missing?

"How could I be so stupid," Celia whispered to herself. "Where is Rod now?"

"Well he usually goes out around this time, but he should be back any minute now."

That's when I saw it. There was a tint inside the twins' eyes. Slowly but surely their eyes were starting to glow red.

It all made sense to me now.

"Roderick," I whispered. "As in Lucifer's second. He was my mother's best friend. He ran away- he was a demon. Which makes you two..."

"Half demons," Celia finished. "Just like you."

Charlotte's face was a mix of panic and fear. She looked like she was about to faint. Jayden was the complete opposite. He was angry and rightfully so.

"That doesn't make sense!" Charlotte screamed. "We can't be-"

Suddenly she clutched her stomach and fell from the couch. Her body writhed against the floor I could see tiny sparks coming out from her fingers. Jayden followed suit and soon both of their bodies were doing the same thing.

"Help me get them to the table!" Celia screamed.

They each picked up a twin and took them to the dining room table. I got up and followed them and accidentally stepped on Kate's decaying body as I ran.

"What's going on?" I yelled. At this point, the twins were screaming. Their arms had been flailing around as Marcus and Celia held them down on the large table.

"They're getting their wings," she said quickly.

"What? You mean now?" I asked.

Jayden kicked his leg out and hit Marcus on the face. They were out of control. Their mouths were releasing feral noises while their eyes were getting redder by the minute.

"Yes! Now!" she said. "I don't know how their bodies have been suppressing their abilities until now but I'm assuming Roderick has something to do with it," she scoffed. "Their bodies aren't used to the temperature change. The fire is literally burning their insides right now. In less than an hour, they'll have their wings."

"Fuck," I cursed underneath my breath. "What do I do? How can I help?"

Celia gave me a sad look and shook her head.
"It's fine," she said. "We'll handle it. I just wish that-"

The sound of the front door swinging open startled us. The door slammed shut and the sound of glass smashing caught me off guard.
Footsteps ran into the dining room where we all stood. My breath caught in my throat when Rod bursted in.

He gave one look at the twins who were held down the on the table, and took one look at me and he sighed.

"I'll take it from here," he said simply.

I moved out of his way as he placed his hand over Charlotte's forehead. I didn't miss the way his eyes kept glancing at Kate's deceased body. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"They'll be okay," he said.

He went to the cabinets and pulled out a large roll of duct tape. He draped the tape over Charlotte's body first to keep her still. Once he was done, he didn't the same to Jayden and made sure to secure his arms and legs.

"Their temperatures aren't too high," he said. "We'll keep them like this until the final stage."

We didn't reply to him. I think we were all still in shock. He noticed our facial expressions and his brows furrowed.

I looked at the three demons in front of me, and the two strapped to the kitchen table. This entire situation was a giant mess.

Kate was dead on the floor.

The twins were getting their wings.

Roderick was a demon.

And Saint was gone.

I placed my hands against my throat when I felt the lack of oxygen.

"I can't...I can't breathe." I inhaled quickly, grabbing my chest while trying to keep myself standing.

"What's going on?" Celia asked as she watched me gasping like a fish out of water.

I sucked in another breath and another. How was it that I was breathing but the air felt empty of oxygen?

I had to sit. It was too much. Too crowded. Too many people here stealing my air. I needed space.

Rod was next to me. He leaned in, telling me something. I couldn't comprehend it. My throat was so dry. I was lightheaded. Dizzy.

Faces of panic filled the room. Everything was in slow motion. I heard a slew of words that I could make out as their voices became more frantic.

"Panic attack!" I heard.

"Calm down," I heard.

"You're okay!" I heard.

But I wasn't okay. Not in the slightest. It was too much, all at once and the one person I needed right now had left.

Rod looked like he had gotten frustrated. He stood in front of me and his red eyes caught my attention. I felt like I was in a trance. My mind became muddled and his voice was the only one I heard.

"Somnum," he whispered.

Then everything went black.

________________________________

So... how's the weather? 😀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 217 22
Savon is no normal man. Not when he was born with a hell creature in his soul. Some might call it demon, but it is far more than that. It preys upon...
254K 8.1K 19
''You don't know me?'' he asked me with the same soft voice. ''How could I?'' I yelled, struggling even harder. ''Let m-me go!'' My voice started to...
138 14 9
When the fates of a PuRe untainted soul and an epitome of Evility known of it's mercilessness & cruelty will cross each others path in a really unexp...
13.5K 1.3K 44
What could possibly go wrong when a demon who enjoys following the rules and an angel intent on breaking them get assigned to the same human? They en...