eternally mine | pansy parkin...

Von callofeurydice

[discontinued] Adeline Howard, daughter of Ivan Howard, navigates Hogwarts easily. That is, until her sixth y... Mehr

o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
IMPORTANT NOTICE

f o u r t e e n

74 2 0
Von callofeurydice

Adeline stared at the wall of the Hufflepuff common room, her focus wavering in and out as Nina talked at her with no end in sight. Dessa had been avoiding the group for a while and Nina began to speculate why and what they could do to get her back. Adeline kept her mouth shut and mind clear, fearing one day she'd slip up.

Two days remained until Christmas break and everyone had become antsy and restless. Whispers of returning home and seeing their families infiltrated the corridors. Nina talked all too much about being forced to return home and how she would stay back with Adeline and Dessa if she could.

Dessa's mum asked her to stay at school the previous night. She talked about how all the siblings were wanting to return home and she had to clear space to only have a few home at a time.

Adeline just didn't want to leave.

She thought that if she went home, she'd find herself caught up in thoughts she didn't want to have. At least if she stayed at Hogwarts, Dessa could keep her mind in check.

"Can I talk to you," Dessa whispered to her secretly. "Privately?" Adeline nodded, rising to her feet.

Dessa left promptly, leaving Adeline to defend herself alone. "I'll be right back," she said. Nina's jaw shut immediately and she eyed the red head as she vanished into the hall. Isaac stared, huffing slightly.

"What's up with them?" Nina turned to him and crossed her arms.

"Nina, I wish I could answer that question."

Dessa leaned against the doorframe and watched as Adeline approached. Her shoulders had been tensed for days and she barely spoke, only when Nina asked questions.

She was good at keeping her voice composed, that was a skill Adeline was envious of, but when it came to body language she couldn't mask it.

"I need your advice," she mumbled. "I tried writing to my sister but she didn't respond so."

Adeline analyzed her face and tried to read her thoughts before they even left her lips. She seemed desperate and unsure of herself. Like nothing was making any sense anymore.

"Draco wants to meet. Tonight. Something important, he said. I don't know what to do, Ad. This shit has me flinching every time Nina looks at me." She rubbed her arms and inhaled deeply, waiting for Adeline to say something.

Adeline didn't know what to say to her. She can't dish advice that she herself can't take, so what was she supposed to say? She felt things begin to crumbled and the pressure thicken as the silence grew around them.

"What do you want?" she asked.

"I couldn't even tell you," Dessa replied.

"Find out what you want. Figure out how you want to deal with this, Dess."

She met eyes with Adeline and her shoulders dropped.

"I don't want to make anyone upset. No matter how I spin this someone gets hurt." Her voiced lowered and her eyes dimmed. "He's cool. I mean, truly. But I can't stand the way he acts. I hate the way he treats people."

"Give him a choice," Adeline blurted. Dessa peeked up, her back coming off the door.

"Like what?"

"Tell him," she breathed, "If he likes you, or... whatever, he needs to change his attitude."

Dessa didn't speak for a minute, the gears in her brain turning extensively as she stared at Adeline.

"Cover for me," she finally whispered. "I'll tell him tonight." She patted Adeline's shoulder as she passed her and headed back to the common room. Adeline stared at the wall for a minute, her brain buzzing and Dessa's words echoing in her ears.

She ran her hand down the cloth of her pants and kept herself grounded, letting the cool air of the hallway tickle her skin. After a long minute she took the steps back to her friends. She held her breath as Nina looked at her appearing around the corner.

She had previously been ranting to Isaac, and now to Dessa, about how she dreaded seeing her entire family again and how her abuela would question every little thing she did all while praising her work in school. Now she was hyper-fixating on the way Adeline walked into the room. She placed her hands firmly on her hips and stared at her. She squinted at her and tried to make out the look on her face as their eyes met. She knew Adeline kept secrets, but she sucked at hiding them.

And the fact that she tried so hard pissed Nina off.

"So, is everything alright with you two?" She sounded annoyed. Isaac opened his mouth, ready to counter her but something in his mind prohibited him. 

"Everything is fine," Dessa said with a smooth tone. She flashed Adeline an intense look before Nina turned to face her.

"I want to hear it from Adeline."

Adeline swallowed harshly, her head pounding. She knew her voice would reveal every little thing they'd been hiding and she knew that's exactly what Nina wanted. She wanted their lies and secrets exposed completely. And she knew exactly how to get that. If she overwhelmed Adeline enough, she'd spill--she always did. 

"Everything is good," she choked out. Dessa winced at the tone and Nina smirked. 

"Liar."

Isaac stood up, placing his hand on Nina's shoulder. "Nina calm down. You know you're just making her uncomfortable," he said. Nina glared up at him now, deciphering why he'd sided with them.

"We have a right to know," she said.

"Actually, we don't." Isaac's voice was stern and his body was stiff. He stood his ground, making a wide grin form on Dessa's face. 

"Besides, I don't hide things," she said calmly, "I've got nothing to hide and neither does Adeline. She was just asking to cheat off my potions work." Nina's eyes scanned both girls and she tried to read them both at the same time, her brain buzzing.

"I don't buy it, Isaac back me up." He threw his arms up in defeat and looked away from her, avoiding the violence behind her eyes. 

"Can we drop this?" Adeline spoke up, "Tomorrow is the last day before break and I'd rather we all not be angry at each other." She placed her hands on her hips and glared at Nina. 

"Fine."

Nina didn't talk the rest of the night and went up to her room without warning. Isaac hadn't said anything either, though he stared at Dessa. He knew she was hiding something. Whether it was Adeline's something or her own something, it didn't matter. He could tell. But he wasn't going to let Nina feel entitled to whatever it was and that he was certain of.

Soon enough, he went to his room and left Dessa and Adeline alone. The air was cool and the silence, though Dessa mostly hated silence, was comforting. For a minute they both just sat there and Adeline finally loosened up. She felt her muscles relax and her mind ease as the night went on. 

Eventually, Dessa stood and held a hand out to Adeline.

"Let's go up, I'll pretend to go to sleep then ever so stealthily sneak out," she whispered. Adeline stood up, shaking her head at Dessa's hand. "Come on its a brilliant plan!"

"Sure," Adeline mumbled. "Just, don't get caught. It's one thing to be caught, but it's another to be caught going to meet Malfoy." Dessa stared at her, processing everything before stiffly nodding at her. Adeline led the way to the dorm and tried her hardest to be as quiet as she possibly could. The night grew darker as the pair entered the dorm and snuck past the two sleeping Hufflepuff girls.

Adeline changed her clothes quickly and climbed into her bed, pulling her blankets over her legs. 

"I don't know when I'll be back, but if Nina comes in," Dessa paused, her gaze turning to a pile of pillows stuffed under a blanket on her bed, "That's me and if she checks and gets pissed you know nothing, got it?" She stared at Adeline, her heart speeding up with every moment she thought of meeting Malfoy.

Adeline nodded and laid flat on her back, keeping her eyes on Dessa.

"See you in the morning." Dessa pulled a jacket onto her shoulders and turned toward the door.

"Tell me everything tomorrow," Adeline whispered.

Dessa looked back at her, nodding once before disappearing into the hallway. Adeline stared at the ceiling, her head pounding as the thought of Nina catching Dessa overwhelmed her. But in the back of her mind, a simple smell eased her mind and directed her to sleep.

Citrus.....

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

24K 790 14
When a potions accident turns Hermione Granger into her 4-year-old self, she is put in the charge of Pansy Parkinson. -- Harry Potter story and chara...
74.9K 1.3K 26
A love story between Pansy Parkinson and a female oc. "She would never want to be friends with me, I mean why would she?" "Because she's a nice perso...
1.1K 45 11
Pansy Parkinson has vowed to help Draco fix the Vanishing Cabinet. All hope is lost until she stumbles across an intriguing mirror that will connect...
3.9K 135 24
Harry is forced to room with a girl during Hogwarts 8th year because he's been outed. He rooms with Pansy Parkinson and gets to see more and more of...