Together in Berlin

By DarknessAndLight

Her hand in his, he was home... Cole and Beth have known and loved each other for all their lives. During hi... More

What is this?
Chapter 1 - Cole's POV
Chapter 2 - Beth's POV
Chapter 3 - Cole's POV
Chapter 4 - Beth's POV
Chapter 5 - Cole's POV
Chapter 6 - Beth's POV
Chapter 7 - Cole's POV
Chapter 8 - Beth's POV
Chapter 9 - Cole's POV
Chapter 10 - Beth's POV
Chapter 11 - Cole's POV
Chapter 12 - Beth's POV
Chapter 14 - Beth's POV
Chapter 15 - Cole's POV
Chapter 16 - Beth's POV
Chapter 17 - Cole's POV
Chapter 18 - Beth's POV
Chapter 19 - Cole's POV
Chapter 20 - Beth's POV

Chapter 13 - Cole's POV

4.4K 413 130
By DarknessAndLight

Chapter 13 – Cole's POV

I was listening to Beth's voice but I wasn't listening to the words she was saying. I probably couldn't repeat the last sentence she had read.

I just liked hearing her voice. It was comforting sound. I like her soft cadence as she read monotonous words. It was especially nice when she'd run her hand through my hair nonchalantly now and then.

I could have easily dozed off at any point, but I'd wasted enough time sleeping on this trip.

Seriously, I often wished I was like the Eatons and could function on little to no sleep. I kinda envied that skill of theirs. I'd stop missing a lot of things, especially considering that their whole family were basically nocturnal creature and my girlfriend and best friend were Eatons.

I could feel the soft wind on my skin, and hear a bird chirping not too far. People walking around, cars driving by not too far. Sounds of a busy city filled with busy people.

I enjoyed this pause in time, lying on the grass, sun warming me. I was always so busy all the time. It was a nice change of pace to do things like this.

Every time I visited Beth it always felt like I was transported into another universe.

Maybe it was because I was on a different continent, and everything felt a little more foreign. It was like my job and my worries disappeared. Maybe it was because Beth grounded me in a different way. I was less restless around her. I didn't worry about tomorrow when she was around.

Beth stopped reading. She was running a fingertip on my brow while stroking my hair with the other.

I opened my eyes to smile at her.

She made a little surprise face. It was adorable. "I was really sure you'd fallen asleep this time," she told me softly.

I took her hand and kissed her palm. "And miss your enticing lecture? Never."

"Next time I'll bring a fun book to read to you for our little picnic," Beth replied, her other hand still in my hair.

I liked the idea of this being something we'd do again. Often.

"No tragic love story, just happy stories from now on."

"So, no more Jane Eyre?" she asked teasingly.

"No more Jane Eyre," I agreed.

"Should we pack up? I need to get on my computer soon, if I want to finish everything I need to prepare for my classes on Monday," Beth reluctantly admitted.

I sat up, ready to follow her schedule.

We gathered our things and then I got up, offering her my hand.

"Wait, wait, no you can't hold that hand! Don't squish my ring."

I laughed at her outburst. "I can make you another."

Beth shook her head adamantly, cradling the hand wearing the ring with her other, like it was a precious thing she needed to protect. "No, no, I'm keeping that one, you're not squishing my ring," she repeated and then said, "here, you can hold that hand," she said handing me her other hand.

I laughed at her antics, but complied with her demands easily.

I would never stop being in awe of this woman.

I pulled her on her feet, and we walked back to her apartment, hand in hand.

When we got back, I noticed Beth's bracelet again.

While she was going to study, I could do something useful, so she shouldn't have to wear a flower ring all the time.

I'd need some things though. I checked on my phone, sitting on the couch in the living room, while Beth sat cross-legged on the floor, her computer on the coffee table, the TV on as background noise she explained.

I found a shop where I could get what I needed. Now, I just needed to get there.

I got up, stretching my arms. My hangover was all gone. "I'll go grab us something to eat for dinner. Any demands?"

"You don't have to go out, we can just order in," Beth replied, her eyes glued on her computer screen.

I went up to her with a smile and kissed the top of her head.

"No demands?"

"Whatever inspires you," she said.

That was vague, but I'd make do with it.

I took the bus to the shop where I could get what I needed, and crossed my fingers that my very lacking skills in German would be enough to get around on my own.

Google Map was my best friend, and I found the shop fairly easily. I bought a new leather strap, some small metal rods, new metal clasp and a couple of tools.

I grabbed stuff to do pasta with shrimp, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and spinach. It was something I whipped up often when I was at home.

I would have liked to buy stuff to make a cheese fondue, but Beth probably wouldn't have the time for that.

Maybe another time.

Once I got back to the apartment, I was greeted with a, "So, what are we eating?"

I really enjoyed being this domestic with Beth. Well, I enjoyed everything with Beth really, but still.

I laughed and answered, after taking my shoes off, "Pasta with shrimp, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and spinach in it."

"I'm getting a little hungry," Beth replied, sheepishly.

"You don't say," I said, chuckling. "I'll get dinner ready right away."

Twenty minutes later, I had a pate ready for her.

"You're such a good househusband."

"I can't wait for you to provide for us so I can quit my day job and do this all day," I admitted. I'd thrive as a househusband.

"I better graduate soon," Beth joked, eagerly grabbing the plate out of my hands.

I went back to the kitchen, saying, "now, you are not allowed to come in the kitchen anymore."

Beth frowned, confused. "What are you doing?"

I pressed my index finger on my lips. "It's a secret."

"Come on."

"Nope," I grinned.

She pouted. "You're no fun."

"Au contraire, I'm all fun, Kitten,"

I went to hide in the kitchen and set my little workshop on her little dinning table.

I went to work quickly.

This kind of work was like second nature to me. My father always used to make me work on smaller pieces of his sculpture and he often used metal.

I'd grew up doing things like these.

Sometimes I wondered what would have happened if I had chosen a different career path, a more creative one.

My job right now took most of my time away. I barely had time for a hobby.

But if I had made art into my job, I might have enjoyed it less.

I often thought about the what ifs of my life.

Sometimes, when I couldn't fall asleep and for some godforsaken reason, I wanted to make myself suffer, I thought about what I would have done if Beth hadn't loved me back.

What would have happened if my feelings were reciprocated?

I'd be miserable. Beth grounded me, and calmed me, and she truly got me.

I had no idea what kind of man I would have become without her love.

A sad one, that was for sure.

"Am I allowed in the kitchen now?" Beth asked, teasingly, from the living room.

I chuckled and walked out, heading for my girlfriend and just said, "give me your hand."

She complied. I put the bracelet back on her wrists, closing the clasp.

"Oh! You fixed it," she said happily, looking at the bracelet, running her finger over the little butterfly.

"I did. It should hold out for a little while. At least until you come back to the Americas and I can fix it with proper tools."

She got up and hugged me. "Thank you so much!"

I hugged her back, one hand on the back of her head, the other on her back. "You're welcome, that's what I'm here for."

"Fixing things?" she joked.

I dropped my hands to her hips, and backed my head, smiling at her. "Making you happy. Making you smile."

"We're really cheesy together, have you noticed that? When no one is around to judge us. Is that who we are? Cheesy people."

"What can I say, you bring out the best in me."

"My sweet cheesy boyfriend,"

"My sweet cheesy girlfriend."

______________

My sweet cheesy babiiiiies.

Hello my little Pumpkins! Sorry for the slight delay in uploading. I was writing other stuff. XD Hopefully you enjoyed this chapter, and future-househusband Cole! ;P

I could ramble on, but I really need to go to sleep now, so see you all tomorrow! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 23 18
What happens when Y/n from Europe goes on vacation in Boston? A very ordinary holiday becomes a journey full of new feelings, friendships and love.
475 85 36
He fell first, she fell harder!!! Completed story! Based on reality!
570K 23.4K 34
Isobel encounters many challenges when she moves to Italy, but managing a long-distance relationship is the biggest one...
5.5K 206 35
One last trip with her family before she goes to University. Her intentions for this trip were to spend every minute making memories and savouring t...