𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧...

By daylightbea

❝ A group of students from East High School work together to prepare and stage a theatrical production of Hig... More

. ˚✧┊ Cast
↳ 01
↳ 02
↳ 03
↳ 05
↳ 06
↳ 07
↳ 08
↳ 09
↳ 10
↳ 11
↳ 12
↳ 13
↳ 14
↳ 15
↳ 16
↳ 17
↳ 18
↳ 19
↳ 20
↳ 21
↳ 22
↳ 23
↳ 24
↳ 25
↳ 26
↳ 27
↳ 28
↳ 29

↳ 04

3K 76 14
By daylightbea

"No. Absolutely not." Big Red stated. Red and Autumn were sitting on the comfortable couch on the redhead's basement, playing video games, as Ricky paced back and forth beside them.

"Okay, I know it's crazy, dude, but she has to see me in a whole new light," Ricky said, looking at his two best friends. Autumn shook her head, showing her disapproval, while Big Red frowned.

"But we both hate musicals, Ricky." Red deadpanned. Ricky had just told them he wanted to audition for the musical, which obviously was a crazy idea.

"I mean, I get it that Autumn is auditioning, she's like fanatic about the whole musical scene, but you? You hate it, man." Red concluded and Autumn hummed in agreement.

"I don't hate musicals," Ricky affirmed, causing the other two to raise an eyebrow. "I just think it's weird when people, like, burst into song in the middle of the street."

"Dude, that's a musical." Autumn disclosed, chuckling as she looked at Ricky, seeing him sigh softly.

"Okay, look. I'm auditioning for this thing tomorrow, and nothing is gonna stop me." Ricky announced, remaining firm on his decision.

"Fine. Let's say you do this thing." Autumn says, getting up and grabbing Red's arm so he would stand up as well. "Do you even know the plot of High School Musical?" She inquired her brunette friend.

"Of course!" Ricky exclaimed as if it was obvious. "It's about Zac Efron dancing with a basketball."

"Wrong." Red protested. "It's about the character, Troy, having to choose between being true to his friend, Chad, or following his heart with Gabriella." The redhead says.

⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂

ᴜᴛᴜᴍɴ ᴄᴀᴍᴘʙᴇʟʟ, ᴊᴜɴɪᴏʀ

Did anyone know that Red knew so much about High School Musical? Because I certainly didn't. Am I liking it though? Heck yeah.

⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂

"Why do you know so much about High School Musical?" Ricky asked, suspicious.

"They, uh, they play it on a loop at my allergist's office." Big Red says, embarrassed. "Look, the point is, you're out of your league here, man. All right? You can't pull this off."

"Actually, I think he can pull this off," Autumn said, catching their attention. "I just don't think it's worth it. C'mon, Rick, why are you submitting to all of this just because of a girl?"

"Yeah?" Ricky asks, completely ignoring Autumn's question. All that rang through his head were his friends words, such as 'you can't pull this off' or 'I just don't think it's worth it'.

"Yes," Autumn says, frowning. She could see the hurt in Ricky's watery eyes and, at that moment, she regretted being so harsh on him.

Ricky grabbed his skateboard and ran up the stairs, not saying another word. Autumn sighed, grabbing her backpack.

"I should go. I'll talk to him tomorrow Red, don't worry." The girl said, quickly hugging her friend before climbing the stairs as well, smiling sadly at him.

﹏﹏﹏

Autumn was facing the mirror in front of her while Gina retouched her makeup. "There you go. Now you're super ready to rock this thing." Gina said, smiling at Autumn.

"Thank you so much for your help. What would I do without you and your awesome eyeliner techniques?" Autumn joked, making Gina giggle.

Gina suddenly cleared her throat, a more serious look installing itself upon her face. "I want you to know that no matter which of us gets the part, I'll be rooting for you."

Autumn smiled softly at Gina, hugging her carefully so that she wouldn't ruin both of their makeups. "Thanks, G. I'll be rooting for you as well."

Suddenly, Nini and EJ entered the little backstage room. Nini sat on the chair next to Autumn's while Kourtney ran to grab her makeup supplies and EJ sat on the wooden platform.

"People! Make sure your audition number is clearly visible on your clothes. This isn't a game." Carlos shouted as he entered the room, though he disappeared as quickly as he appeared.

As Autumn attached her audition number to her own shirt - she got number 2 and Gina got number 1 -, she couldn't help but overhear Nini and EJ's conversation.

"You know, I'm actually kinda bummed that we don't have any competition here," EJ said cockily as he looked around and Autumn scoffed. "It would make getting the leads all the sweeter."

"You stop tempting fate!" Nini said, playfully slapping his hand as she smiled.

"You should listen to your girlfriend," Autumn mumbled, her eyes widening as the girl realized she spoke out loud. It was too late - EJ had already heard it, as well as Nini.

EJ raised an eyebrow at Autumn. "Excuse me?" He said, not believing the brunette was actually defying him.

"You heard me," Autumn spoke, more confidently this time. "All I'm saying is that you shouldn't be counting victory too soon, y'know." She shrugged.

Before EJ or Nini had an opportunity to strike back, Miss Jenn appeared and knocked on the door, catching everyone's attention.

⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂

ᴇᴊ ᴄᴀsᴡᴇʟʟ, sᴇɴɪᴏʀ

I get it. I get why Nini didn't wanna come in costume. She's nervous. She wanted to wear her good luck sweatshirt. You know, honestly, she could wear a burlap sack and she'd still be a star.

﹏﹏﹏

After everyone did the warm-up dancing routine, in which Gina clearly excelled, Miss Jenn clapped her hands, signaling she was about to speak. "Everyone, pair up. Not with a friend. Theater is a community." The woman ordered.

Autumn watched as EJ walked towards her, his Troy shirt making him stand out amongst the other students. "Hey." He greeted the girl, causing her to sigh.

"I'm so sorry for snapping at you earlier." Autumn apologized, smiling softly.

"It's okay. I understand that was kinda... pretentious of me to say." EJ admitted. "You were right. Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm EJ."

"I heard a lot about you, water polo guy," Autumn said, chuckling as she tried to break the tense atmosphere. "I'm Autumn. Love your costume, by the way."

EJ smiled at her. "Thank you. Want to be partners?" He suggested, to which Autumn simply nodded in agreement.

﹏﹏﹏

The remaining students were aligned on the stage as Miss Jenn gave each of them the scripts of the characters she thought they should audition for.

Autumn grabbed Gina's hand, squeezing it slightly as she grew more nervous each passing second. Gina squeezed back, trying to comfort her friend.

"I always thought the drama teacher should have an Act Two power ballad. We'll sidebar." Autumn heard Miss Jenn say to Ashlyn, the redhead girl next to Autumn, once she snapped out of her daze.

Soon Miss Jenn was standing in front of her and she squeezed Gina's hand once more.

"Gabriella?" The teacher asked Carlos, who nodded vehemently.

"Actually, I would like to audition for Taylor," Autumn mumbled, making the woman smile. Miss Jenn handed her over the papers for the reading before passing on to Gina.

"Gabriella." Miss Jenn said firmly. Autumn and Gina exchanged excited glances.

"You got it," Gina said, trying to keep her cool, but Autumn could tell she was super happy. Carlos went to give Gina her papers. "Oh, I'm good. I'm already off-book." Gina stated and Carlos hummed in appreciation.

Miss Jenn passed onto EJ. "Give him the Troy stuff, who are we kidding?" The blonde woman said to her choreographer.

It was now Nini's turn. "And how about we have you read for... Kelsi?" Miss Jenn says.

Nini gulped. "Um... Gabriella. I wanna audition for Gabriella."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178K 6.4K 50
"Let's go have fun," - Phil, the school jock who towers over everyone in height, falls fast for a short boy named Dan. [COMPLETED]
402K 7.7K 161
Zoey Francis is best friend with Cory Matthews and Shawn Hunter. Join their adventure when the three of them face problems with friends, family, and...
33.8K 829 5
Alfred F. Jones, the personification of the United States, is in a meeting when he gets an urgent phone call and leaves in a rush. Wait... he left hi...
4.2K 120 7
A Stiles and Derek story Stiles and Derek one day don't ignore the tension and just finally go for it. However, something happens and it is something...