The Major's Swan Song

By moon-walker

We all know Edward & Bella's love story but what if there was another Swan daughter. One who lived life as if... More

Story Cast
They're Finally Coming
Father-Daughter Reunions
First Day & Love at First Sight
Finally We Meet
Lunch in a Fishbowl
In a Weeks Time
First Dates & First Nights
Edward's Back, but at least I got a Cookie
Car Accidents & Meeting Papa Cullen
Field Trips & First Interactions
Dinners & Revelations
Family Bonding & Valentine's

The Fuck is Up with Edward

8.6K 207 85
By moon-walker

Alana~Grace POV

Okay so speaking objectively, this has been a pretty epic first day. I met a super cute boy- no gentleman- because he is definitely all man! Then through said gentleman, I met some new friends of both genders. I can't remember the last time I actually got along well with females my own age besides Bella. They're usually so damn whiny!
Jasper had kept up the habit from this morning of walking me to every class and now that the day is over he says it's only right that he walks me to the office and my car. I believe his exact words were, "No real man worth a damn would walk away from a chance to spend extra time with you darlin,"
I was only able to stay standing through sheer force of will dammit..... I almost swooned, especially when the southern drawl creeped out. Just delicious, I could devour him whole if he'd let me 🤤

As we approached the office I was getting kind of sad as it meant my time with Jasper for the day was coming to the end. I'd gotten so comfortable with him, even so far as to allow him to wrap his arm around me everytime we walked through the halls. It felt natural to me, just as natural as my encompassing attraction to him as a whole. The amount of affection I have for Jasper Hale should be concerning, but I'm a sensible person; I don't make irrational decisions & my intuition has never failed me! So I know I am well within my right to say that Jasper Hale feels important too me, and judging by the look in his golden eyes-he had those same feelings.

Before I could open the office door, it swung open violently, almost hitting me in the face. Luckily, Jasper's hand shot out to stop it, making a loud this echo through the hall.

"You alright Lana?" Jasper questioned. I waved him off grabbing his hand to check for bruising.

"Forget me, that sounded like it hurt, how's your hand?" He chuckled and let me look for a few more seconds, before interlocking our fingers together.
"Believe me sweetheart, it'd take a lot more than a door to bring me down,"

"Don't play tough, that sounded harsh & that door is heavy. What if you cracked a metacarpal in your wrist,"

As he chuckled at my concern, I contorted my face to express my annoyance. "Sweetheart don't pout like that, it too precious for words. If it makes you feel better, I'll have Carlisle check out my hand at home tonight, okay," and I nodded at his concession.

Finally looking away from each other, I can see who caused this mess in the first place still standing in the doorway - Edward Cullen, the only one of Jasper's siblings to avoid speaking to me. Not from of trying believe me, he just never answered me at lunch, kind of bummed me out since Jasper told me about his piano skills. But nevertheless this is a different scenario; you'd think he'd at least apologise for the incident that just happened.

"Edward! What the hell, you could hurt someone,"

"Whatever," he muttered as he practically flew down the hallway to the parking lot. What the fuck, I was beginning to see what Jasper meant about Edward being spoiled and uppity. I wanted to confront him but out of the corner of my eye, I could see Bella looking out the office window at a retreating Edward; she looked scared and hurt. Oh hell no, did that asshole do something to my sister???!!!!

Jasper caught my attention, "I'm gonna go see what's got his ass all riled up but, can I call you tonight sweetheart?"

"I'd like that. And thank you for making my day, you really are something else Jasper Hale," I leaned up to kiss his cheek before entering the office.

He stood there smiling and winked at me before walking off.
Now I gotta have a conversation with Bella.

"Hey are you okay? You look paler than usual Bells. What the hell was Edward acting so wierd about? Did he do something to you?" I released a rapid fire of questions.

"Do I smell or something?" She questioned. What the fuck have I just stepped into?
"No B, you do not smell. The only scent on you is  Lavender & Freesia - your usually perfume. What brought this on?"
Bella goes on to explain her strange biology class with Edward where he acted like she stunk before running out at the hell. THEN this motherfucker was in the office trying to drop biology and when she came in to drop off her slip, he glared at her with hatred and stormed out. Ahhh so that's when the door almost gave me a new eyeshadow color 😒
Turning in my slip to Mrs.Cope with thanks for all of her assistance today, I made my way outside with Bella. I walked her over to her truck  but before she got in I stopped her.
"Look at me B, do not let that asshole destroy your peace of mind! If there are few things the two of us share its brains, beauty, and the capacity to properly shower. You have done nothing wrong, don't give that uppity twig any sway over your selfworth because you are more precious than gold. I love you ,"

She smiled at me before squeezing my hand tightly, "Thanks Lala; I love you too,"
Aww she hasn't called me that is a long time.

"Well come on, let's go meet daddy at the diner,"
Before hopping into my Jeep, my eyes found Jasper and his family by their cars. Giving almost all of them a wave, and Edward a glare, I hopped into my Jeep and pulled out of the lot.

I can't wait to talk to Jasper tonight...

Jasper POV

Catching up to Edward, I grabbed his shoulder to make him face me, "What the hell was that Edward?!"
He looked at me with a hard glare, this boy needs to remember that there's a time and place for his bullshit and minutes after nearly harming my mate in a public school carpark is not it. He's lucky the Major hasn't clawed his way out yet.
The rest of our siblings were waiting by the car with varying degrees of confusion and concern on their faces. No doubt from hearing my questioning. I explained what happened in the hall just now and all of them were upset by Edward's actions. We stared at him waiting on an explanation.

"She's my freaking singer!" Edward suddenly blurted out.
Oh shit!
"Yeah Jasper! Bella Swan is my blood singer. I should've knkwn something like this would happen; the entirety of that class I was imagining scenarios to kill her,"

"It's true, I was setting visions of it during last peeiod; the only reason why I didn't have to intervene is because he was so indecisive about which method was best. The bell rang snapping him out of the blood lust," Alice confirmed

We stood there for a silently until Edward stiffened up again, staring at the school doors. Guess that means Bella and Lana have stepped out. I watched my mate walk her sister over to the orange monstrosity that is her 'truck'. She and Rose had talked out some ideas to give it some TLC; hopefully it will be soon. The sisters were talking, Bella more specifically was describing her short interactions with Edward during biology & I could sense Lana's anger spike at the mistreatment of her twin. Not surprising, she did say she was protective of those she loved, she was always gonna look out for Bella.
Just like this morning, she gave her sister another pep talk reminding her of her self worth. She really is so veryvadorably caring, my sweet little mate. As she prepares to leave, she turns around to wave at my family and I - well she glared at edward, and pulls off with her sister's truck following her Jeep.

Once they've left, we all pack into the vehicles and head for home. As we're driving, windows down so we could keep speaking, Alice gets another vision.
"Your leaving Edward,"

"I don't know , am I?" This little shit ....

"You can't leave! Everything will be fine,"

"How will everything be fine when I just spent an entire class period contemplating the murder of girl, I'm suppose to love one day?! This is why I said Jasper and I shouldn't interact with them-"

"Hold the fuck up, what do I have to do with this scenario?!"

"If I bam having this much trouble, I'm sure you will too in time. You seem to keep pushing off that Alana~Grace is human, just as her sister is! Your thoughts certainly do, you'll kill her or damn her like the rest of us,"
With those words, I almost let the Major out. Everyone stayed quiet, most likely knowing that is prefer to handle the irrational child in the other car myself.
"I might not have been a vegetarian as long as you Masen, but I have certainly been alive longer. So let me remind you of something, there will never be a day where I will accept you talking to me like this. I fact your lucky we're in different vehicles because I wouodve whooped yer ass by now. Just because your struggling with you mate/singer does not mean I shall have the same issue. Alana is mine! My mate, she has already been accepted by me and the rest of the family & any decisions made about our future will be made by us! YOU have NO GODDAMN SAY IN ANYTHING ABOUT MY FUTURE WITH HER! I could never and would never hurt my Alana! Also how many times have I told your entitled, rude ass to stay out of my thoughts?! Huh boy, I'm sick of yer childish ass using that gift to act like the most high & mighty fucker! You aren't perfect as you continue to prove with this ridiculous conversation. You know what, you should leave for a bit, if anything to give us some peace from your constant nagging and prattling,"
The rest of the car ride was silent, how ever I could feel Edward's fear and embarrassment from my words, as well as a small amount of betrayal that no one stood up him or supported his ideas- especially Rose. But she'd already stated her approval of Alana, much to my joy. We might not be physically related but you play twins long enough and two people really do become like siblings. The others seemed to be amused and relieved with the end of the conversation, we have all had our fair share of issues with Edward's gift, especially since he uses it to get what he wants or to cause doubt at times.

That night Edward departed for Denali for the indefinite future to 'regain control'
Well two good things in one day: I finally met my mate & I get a week's worth of privacy in my own damn head!

Alana~Grace POV
Dinner with Dad and Bella went as well as could be expected. Awkward conversation followed by longer stints of awkward silence. Cora, the best woman on planet Earth this evening did hook us up with some free dessert as a welcome home gift - Much to my foodie soul's pleasure!

We were already home and I was burrowed in bed working the last of my physics assignments I was given in class today. While also neuroticly checking the time as I waited for Jasper's call. I'd already applied for the weekend singer gig and emailed a video of one of performances in Phoenix, hopefully I'll get a response soon.
I finished up my work just in time for my phone to begin buzzing making me grin and rush to answer.

"Hello,"
"Hello Darlin, glad you picked up instead of stringing me along,"
"Me, string you handsome - never"
"Well damn, aren't I the luckiest guyin Washington state then"
I giggled, GIGGLED, like a 13 year old meeting Jessie McCartney. "Well then, I'm glad you recognize the value of my precious time. How was the rest of your day? Did you talk to your brother Mr. Hyde?"
He chuckled at my light jab, "Turns out, Mr. Hyde has the stomach flu. It's been going around the hospital and unfortunately as of a sickly kid as he was, Eddie boy still catches things really easily. He finally owned up to feeling sick for the last few days when our Ma heard him throwing up dinner minutes after finishing,"

Well dammit that probably means he wasn't being rude to my baby B in class, he was probably trying to avoid vomiting all over her. That doesn't explain however, his sudden need to switch out of their bio class but that's not something I wanna focus on when I have Adonis on the fucking phone with me.

"Oh damn poor dude, hopefully he'll feel better soon. Bigger hope that you don't catch it, I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't see your handsome face in school,"
"So you only want me for my looks huh?"
"Of course not, I also want you for your pre-calc notes," I giggled AGAIN

We spent the next two hours flirting before I began to yawn.
"I don't want to keep you up sweetheart, need to beautiful eyes focused in the morning. Sleep well,"
"Goodnight handsome, I hope you have pleasant dreams,"
"They'll be of you sweetheart, don't gotta worry about that," Even though he's away from me right now, I can see that smug smirk on his face in my mind.
We hang up and my heart rate is through the roof. Jasper Hale, what the absolute hell are you doing to me.

Jasper POV

I hung up the phone and turned to go to my study only to find my siblings and mother standing at my door smirking at me.

"Damn Jasper, you really know how to smooth talk your lady huh. You just better be able to back it up," Emmett teased
Dominic and Alice busted out laughing while Esme smacked his arm scoldingly. And Rose just turned her head and walked away with a smirk.

"Shut up grizzly and come here,"
I flitted over to put him in a headlock.
We spent the rest of the night wresting outside and of course Dominic just sat back enjoying the show. I do love my family, and I know Alana will love them too.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

315K 2.9K 14
Cassandra "Cassie" Swan, moves with her twin sister, Isabella "Bella" Swan, to Forks to live with her dad. Having already come to terms with how her...
84.1K 1.7K 36
You are the older adopted sister to Bella Swan and you recently found out you come from a long line of witches. While she lived with her mom in Phoen...
589K 13.7K 45
Genesis Swan is the elder sister of Bella Swan. She and her sister move in with their father after their mother Renee and her new husband go off arou...
79.2K 1.7K 18
Rowen is the elder more methodical and calculating half sister of Isabella swan. While Bella was whisked away to live with her mom Reneé. Rowen staye...