Broken

By Areeba019

" In life, you have two choices, to either allow yourself to break or break others " ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Author's note 🌺
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 14

43 11 16
By Areeba019

WARNING: CHAPTER CONTAINS DEPICTIONS OF VIOLENCE WHICH MAY BE UPSETTING FOR SOME READERS.

Morgan

The sound of the door opening echoes through the tunnel. As I enter the room, I'm hit with a repulsive smell.

" Heh, did you wet yourself? There's a toilet right at that corner though." I said pointing at the other corner of the room where an unhygienic toilet stood.

Jessica remains curled up in a fetal position. Her eyes look lifeless. Her body looks weak Like a starving chained up dog.

" I suppose you were too weak to get up and it hurt to move a lot, didn't it? Welcome to my world. Well, I guess I did just left you my glass of juice and when last night I came to give you food you were asleep. Be thankful I was sleepy too otherwise I would have begun our usual interrogation." Putting the sandwich I brought for her aside, I make my way over to the chair.

" Are you gonna tell me today or do you need some motivation," I say to her. Whenever I look at her, I can't help but think of all the things she's done to me. And that...makes me wanna know how she'll feel once the tables are turned.

She slowly sits up with wobbly arms. " Morgan...please. Let me go" she says in a weak tone.

" Why aren't you telling me? Did Lydia promise you more money this time or something?" I say annoyingly.

"I DON'T KNOW OK! PLEASE DON'T DRAG ME INTO WHATEVERS GOING ON BETWEEN YOU TWO. I'VE GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS." She yells with tears in her eyes. I actually expected her to be in this state after 2 or 3 days but she's weaker than I thought. If she's like this before I've done anything then...

I take out a wooden hammer from the handbag I brought with me.

The scared look on her face is priceless.

"Remember that one time you broke my finger with a hammer? As a kid, I'd never had any accident that resulted in broken bones so that was my first time. I remember that pain so well you know. I had to make an excuse like it got stuck in the doorway or something that day to my mom. I want you to feel that pain multiplied by 10". Looming over her, I raise the hammer high.

And then I go straight for the arms. She lets out an ear-piercing scream. I keep hitting her arms and legs. Although, Not hard enough to kill her or make serious damage.

"STOP! PLEASE!" She yells.

It's strange. Even though I'm doing it so I can get information about Lydia so I can kill her. I feel this...satisfaction from doing this to Jessica. Like it feels so right. Is this the real me that I was suppressing this whole time?. I know it's ok. What I'm doing isn't wrong. I am a victim. And as a victim, I have a right to do whatever I want to my wrongdoers.

After I'm done, I go back to my chair. She lies there, heavily bruised and I think I might have broken her fingers.

"Ready to tell me now?" I ask her as I put the hammer back into the handbag.

She winces in pain and tries to sit up but fails of course. Moving will now be a hurdle.

"Why..." I hear her say.

"What was that?" I ask her.

"Why...are you....so obsessed...with Lydia," she says between breaths.

I frown at her "Why am I obsessed with her!? I already said that yesterday. She ruined my already pathetic life! She's the reason I'm a wanted criminal and she killed my mom. She...betrayed me." I say as the old feeling of being betrayed starts to well up inside me.

"Go to the police then" she manages to say properly.

"No.Too late anyway. They're just gonna lock her up. What about me!? My life will still stay ruined. I'm going to kill her with my own two hands even if it gets me arrested. I've got nothing to lose. So tell me what you know." I watch her as rolls her eyes and tries to get up again.

"No, and...I have my reasons too." She says confidently.

"I don't care about your reasons. Hey, Let's play a game" I get up from my chair. Her eyes follow me as I walk over to her. I take out a cigarette and a lighter from my pocket. Seeing her eyes widen in realization makes me smile.

"Of course you remember this game. You're the one who invented it. 'Dice N' Burn'. I know you loved playing it. I never understood what so fun about it you see" I lift my black shirt till my waist, showing her my stomach and the countless marks of cigarette burns.

She closes her eyes and looks away.

" Oh don't look away now. I've got some on my legs, arms and back too." I then take out a dice from my pocket.

"Morgan. I'm sorry." She says sympathetically.

Lighting the cigarette up and watching the trail of smoke emitting from the end gives me the urge to try it. I've never smoked before. So I put it in my mouth and inhale. Suddenly there's a burning sensation in my throat and lungs. Taking it out, I cough a few times.

"That was nasty. Well, I'd let you throw the dice but Nah. I've got really bad luck you see" I laugh.

Throwing the dice on the ground, I watch it roll as it lands of 4.

"4 it is!" Grabbing her light brown hair, I lift her head. She winces in pain.

" No. Please Don't!" She begins and covers her face with her hands but I press the hot burning end of the cigarette on her neck. I do it 4 times. She cries in pain as I let go of her head.

As I continue the game, I began to get a strange sense of...pleasure?

Dice rolls 6. There are burn marks on the palm of her hand now.

Dice rolls 2. Burn marks on the sole of her right foot.

Dice rolls 1. Burn mark on her forehead.

Dice rolls 4. Burn marks on her thigh.

Dice rolls 6. Burn marks on her cheek.

Dice rolls 5. Burn marks on her stomach.

Eventually, I got bored of it and hearing her scream. Holding her down was also tiring.

I sit down on the floor and take deep breaths.

"Your...crazy" I hear Jessica say as she glares at me with teary eyes.

"Wouldn't have to be if you'd just tell me" I say to her.

She smirks "Oh I bet that's not it. You're just enjoying yourself."

" I'm not! And don't say it like what I'm doing is wrong. You deserve it. And that's my right as a victim."

She blinks for a few seconds and then bursts into laughter "Victim? Is that what you've been thinking about yourself all this time? Man, you're crazier than I thought"

My blood begins to boil. She's still like that after those burns I gave her. I get up, grab her shirt collar and drag her to the toilet.

Thrusting her head in the dirty water, I place my foot over her head and grab her arms so she doesn't get up. She squirms and tries to make me let go. Seeing her like this reminds me of all the times I was in her position. Lungs starving for air, feeling like you'll die any second now, struggling to get out.

I let go of her and get my foot off of her head. She jerks back her head, gasping for air. Coughing out water, she sits down.

"Say, is the reason you're not telling me that because Lydia threatened you?" I ask her keeping a close eye on her expression.

She keeps breathing heavily and doesn't say anything. I could see her try hard not to show it.

That's it.

"What did she threaten you with?" I ask patiently.

"Your wrong." She says but it's obvious.

"Is it exposing your family secrets? Or...the worst I could think of is she'll kill your family. Murder IS her thing after all. But from what I've seen you don't seem to care about your family."

She lies down on the floor again" yeah...that's true."

Suddenly my phone rings. It's a notification.

Her eyes widen and she stares as I take out my phone.

Realising what she must be thinking, I giggle " If your thinking the police must be tracking me using my phone then hate to break it to you but I burned down my phone and this is just a disposal one I got."

After getting a good look at her disappointment, I check to see what it is.

It's that part-time job at a cafe I applied to. They messaged that I can come in tomorrow morning. Awesome! a part-time job was necessary since I knew I'd sooner or later run low on money. I bought a lot of useful stuff after all.

" well, I need to go get ready. Meet you at night. And if you Don't make up your mind to tell me the truth till that time, then your in for a lot of pain." I warn as I walk out of the room.

"NO! LET ME GO! MORGAN! GET BACK HERE AND LET ME GO!" She yells as she tries to get up and run but fails and falls down.

After passing through the tunnel, I make my way up the ladder and out the underground place through the trapdoor. I close the trap door and cover it up by moving the shelf over it.

Getting out of the room, I walk into the big dusty hall where machines once used to be. The orange and red light shines through the windows. I've started to get a homey feeling from this place. Being isolated from everyone else isn't so bad. Going up the metal stairs, I make my way into my room. It's the room where I first came and spent the night.

I Sit down by the window. Taking out my phone, I start to surf the net. And that's when I see it.

' Angel wings serial killer strikes again! And this time at ST. Lorence Highschool. A female student was pushed off the roof by the culprit. Now, the question arises, How was she able to get into the school? How much progress has the police made on catching the serial killer? Inspector Zane Benjamin, The policeman leading the case, refuses to make any statement to the public except for the fact that they do have a lead'

I close the phone and throw it on the ground. I need to get to her. Fast. Jessica is my only option. I WAS thinking about going to school and seeing if I could find anything about her parents but I guess school will be off for a few days due to the accident. Breaking in is risky and will attract attention.

I need to get Jessica to talk no matter what.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127 31 40
"Just don't misunderstand me. It's not like I wanted to.....I had to.....for her" "You make me feel guilty. I should be handing you over to the polic...
108 10 10
Am I . . . In love? Camilla asked herself incredulously. Is this what love feels like? That burning sensation akin to the feeling I had when I wanted...
84 0 7
They thought they had everything figured out, but the one thing they didn't plan for was me. ​​"A gripping, fast-paced novel that will keep you guess...
125K 3.3K 46
Morgan Green used to be a normal teenage girl. She was popular, had good grades and a bright future ahead of her. She was always happy, complimentin...