The Renegade (High School DxD...

By CoopTheWeeb

Y/N L/N, a kid with a troubled past, attends Kuoh Academy, formerly an all girls school that recently allowed... More

Bio
Prologue
Rebirthing
Awakening
Indestructible
This Means War
Trouble
Unholy Confessions
I'll Save You
Blood Brothers
What I've Done
Hellraiser
The Response
Show Me a Leader
Come & Go
Make A Move
All or Nothing
Hungover
Same Old War
Breaking Now
Everything
Heaven So Heartless
Summer
Outlaws and Outsiders
Leave It All Behind
Strength In Numbers
Judas
Roller Coaster
Highway to Hell
Everything I've Got
Save Your Breath
Dragon Sin
The Captain
Iron Man
For The Glory
Destiny
Points of Authority
Good Girls Bad Guys
Throne
The Vengeful One
Going Under
Come Around
We'll Sleep When We're Dead
Careless
Mama Said Knock You Out
Popular Monster
Another Life
Beyond Human
Surfacing
The Pain a Part of Me
The Guillotine
State of Mind
Nowhere Generation
The Chosen
Empire
Waking The Demon
To The Top
Where You Lie
No Masters
Keepers of Fellow Man
Die For You
Wait and Bleed
Runaway
Snuff
War is Necessary
Hollow Bodies
Blood From A Stone
We Are
Light Up The Sky
Two Weeks
You Never Know
Heart of Stone
Palace in the Sky (Finale)

The Signal Fire

1.1K 25 7
By CoopTheWeeb

If you're a Killswitch Engage fan and haven't heard this song, do yourself a favor and do it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N POV

"Okay you four, that's enough." I look over at Ophis and she floats down to me. "You did well today Y/N, how do you feel?"

"I feel like this is what I've been missing for the longest time."

"I'm glad. Follow me, I'll take you to a room you can stay in instead of having to stay with me unless you felt more comfortable last night." I shake my head.

"I'll take the extra room." I follow Ophis to the extra room, and while I wasn't expecting much, there's a lot more here than I expected. Inside of the room is a separate bathroom with a shower in it, and from what I can tell it's away from where everyone else is. Ophis leaves and I summon Ddraig. "You there?"

"Yes, I am. You're still questioning whether you made the correct decision or not, aren't you?"

"You know me better than anyone Ddraig, did I?" I hear the Red Dragon sigh.

"I can't make that decision for you Y/N, but as long as your family forgives you it doesn't matter. They'll want you back more than anything Y/N, so at the very least you should try to make that happen quickly." I look towards the window.

"That means I have to get stronger, and fast. They've been on the front of my mind since I got here, the thought that I can come back as a better protector to them as well as a better person. On the other hand, I can't imagine what they might be feeling right now. Sure, I've lost a lot in my life, but would they really be willing to accept me back once this is all over?"

"Y/N, if you have to ask yourself that question then you don't know a damn thing about them. Every single person in that house loves you more than you can even imagine. They look to you as both a benchmark for their strength and a leader when times get tough. They won't ever lose hope that you'll come back to them, and you know just how much you want to return to them. I think you'll be fine Y/N, but all I'll say is don't dawdle around here too long. While I can't help but be hesitant about what Ophis may have in store for you, I'm also under the belief that you can handle it with ease. You're the greatest partner I've ever had Y/N Lucifer, so use that as your fuel to continue growing." I get a smirk on my face and walk over to the window.

"You're right Ddraig. When I get back I'll be able to make up for all of the trouble I've caused by leaving, and they won't ever have to worry about something like that happening again." I look down at my hand and see the two engagement rings on my finger. "Akeno, Rias, take care of everyone until I get home."

The Next Day

The morning comes and I feel rejuvenated from my rest. I go to see Ophis and when I arrive I notice one of the Venoms standing with her.

"It's about time dragon boy," he says.

"Marshall, that's enough. Y/N, this is Blackbeard. Blackbeard, Y/N. There's a conflict going on in the human realm, and I'm going to send the two of you to take care of it. Blackbeard, allow Y/N to spectate and see what you can do, and when the time comes he'll assist you." He looks over at me.

"After you ugly mug." His face contorts in rage but the two of us are brought into a portal and dropped into the human realm. He steps out in front of me and tries to find where the attack is coming from and I decide to take a seat next to a tree. Blackbeard starts attacking the combatants that Ophis sent us after, and while he does that I take the time to passively boost my power while I'm not in battle. No matter what, I'm not letting this guy get back to the base. While he's fighting I take the time to study how he fights, and I'm not that impressed by what I'm seeing. I don't recognize anyone he's fighting against which leads me to believe that these might be members of a faction that I'm not familiar with. Surely Sirzechs and the other faction leaders have still been busy trying to build up their alliances even with me gone.

"Zehahaha," Blackbeard laughs, "that was an easy battle. I can't even begin to wonder why Ophis sent you here to help me." I stand up and summon Ddraig. "What are you doing little boy?"

"Something that was going to happen to you whether it was me doing it or somebody else. My goal is still the same now that I'm working with Ophis, and even she's realized just how useless you are." My Balance Breaker appears and Blackbeard prepares to fight.

"You think you can possibly defeat me? You have no idea what I'm capable of boy. In my world, I'm one of the most feared pirates to sail the seas. You're messing with someone who has years more experience than you do in combat, so if you want to mess with me, then I hope you can accept the last mistake that you will ever make!" His hand is covered in black energy and he points it at me, causing a black crater to appear around me. "You'll never be able to escape this Red Dragon Emperor!"

"Is this supposed to be affecting me at all?" Blackbeard's face starts to show fear as I fly out of the attack and toward Blackbeard. Before he can move I summon Ascalon and drive it into his heart, causing him to keel over and scream. "I've dealt with much worse than this." I pull Ascalon out of Blackbeard and take a step backward. He falls onto his stomach and I stab him again, causing his body to fall limp. An Umbras Cube comes out of his body and I reach out and grab it. 

"Y/N? What are you doing out here?" I look over at where the voice came from.

"Kunou, Yasaka." I walk toward the two of them. "I didn't realize how close to Kyoto I was."

"Who is that man on the ground over there?" I look back at Blackbeard and then back at the two Youkai.

"It's not important. Let's just say that he was a danger to this entire world and leave it at that."

"I believe you," Yasaka tells me. "It's nice to see you again Y/N. How has everything been back in Kuoh?" I look away from the two of them.

"It's complicated. I made a decision, and I'm still not sure whether it was the right one or not." Yasaka approaches me and puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Would you mind telling me what happened?" I explain the situation to her and subsequently let my armor fade. "Y/N, I wish I could help you, but I don't even know where to start."

"Don't worry yourself about it, you've got enough going on in Kyoto." I look over at Kunou. "You've been taking care of her like you promised me, right?" She smiles and nods.

"Yes, I have!" I walk over to her and pat her on the head.

"Good, that's what she deserves." I give Kunou a hug and look back at her mother. "You know, there is something you can do for me Miss Yasaka."

"What would that be?" I smile at her.

"Let everyone know that I'm okay and that I'll be home soon." Yasaka gives me a warm smile, almost reminiscent of one that a mother would give her child.

"I'll do that Y/N." She gives me a hug which I return. "Take care of yourself Y/N, and return to your family as soon as you can."

"I will Miss Yasaka, I promise." She lets me go and teleports away with Kunou, and I use that as my cue to teleport back to the Khaos Brigade base where Ophis is waiting for me.

"Y/N, give me the good news."

"Blackbeard is dead, and I have the cube." I reach into my jacket pocket and show it to her.

"Good. You hold onto it, for now. I don't have much use for it." She looks outside of a window and I stand next to her. "Only four left Y/N. I've sent Kaguya out for a mission, one that I believe will cause her to be found by Rias Gremory and her peerage. Kaguya is strong, but I know that you trust your family more."

"Of course I do. If you don't mind I'm going to go get some rest." Ophis nods and I make my way to my room to lay down.

(A/N: The more I write about family in this story the more I've been thinking of those memes of Dom from Fast and Furious where he's fighting Jiren or some strong character and he's all like, "I don't need strength when I have family." Basically, Y/N is the Dominic Toretto of High School DxD and I just thought I would share that with you all.)

3rd Person POV

"Alright everyone, we've got a mission." Rias and the others teleport to a wide-open field where they're met with a white-skinned woman waiting for them.

"Ophis was correct, she knew you all would come." Kaguya starts floating in the sky and the Gremory group looks up at her. "You all couldn't possibly defeat me." Rias and Akeno summon their magic and try to hit Kaguya, but the Rabbit Goddess takes the attacks with ease. "It'll take more than that." Before she can continue a white blur blitzes Kaguya and knocks her toward the ground. The white light lands in front of the Gremory group and looks back at them.

"I thought you all were getting stronger, but I guess that isn't quite the case. Don't worry, I'll take care of this for you all. I've been scouting this area for a little bit of time, and I knew that Ophis would send somebody here. She's still as predictable as I could have guessed, only now I'm one step closer to saving my cousin." Kaguya focuses on Vali and her eyes start to morph slightly.

"White Dragon Emperor," she says, "I've heard plenty about you from Ophis and Y/N, though I still don't see how you expect to defeat me."

"You have no idea. I'm not letting someone who thinks that they can play goddess defeat me." Vali activates his Juggernaut Drive and flies towards Kaguya who dodges his attack with ease.

"I can see everything," she tells Vali. "You don't stand a chance against me." Vali tries attacking Kaguya over and over, but as he tries to reach her she continues to dodge his attacks. Vali looks over at the Gremory group.

"It looks like we'll have to work together to defeat this one. With all of us working together we should be able to do it." Kiba and Xenovia draw their swords and jump forward first, both leaping at Kaguya to try to strike her. Kaguya intercepts both of their attacks and throws the Knights away from her. Vali tries to use the opening to attack, but again Kaguya is able to see his movements and dodge his attacks. Everyone starts to enter the battle, doing whatever they can to land hits on Kaguya, but with every attack that lands she is able to regenerate the damage with ease.

"Give it up, there's a reason why you all haven't fought me before today. The ones you faced before me were nothing in comparison." Giant fists of chakra form in the air and aim at Vali, and as each one lands the armor of the White Dragon Emperor starts to fall apart. Vali falls to the ground and his armor fades away. He struggles to his feet but before he can fly back into battle someone holds him back.

"Vali, you can't!" He looks at the blonde nun holding him back, and even though he hesitates, he decides to stay back. 

"You devils are all weak," Kaguya groans. "Maybe once I'm done with all of you then I'll take on your precious Y/N. Who knows, I could just walk into his room while he's sleeping and kill him without Ophis or anyone else finding out it was me." The battlefield starts to glow in a bright mix of red and yellow light, and everyone looks to see Rias and Akeno powering up significantly. "Well well, looks like I hit a nerve." A Power of Destruction flies at Kaguya, and once it hits its target it causes her face to burn.

"You will do no such thing to Y/N!" Rias flies at Kaguya and sends another blast at her. "The man I love would never be defeated by someone like you!" Kaguya slaps Rias away and she smashes into the ground.

"You love him so deeply, but if he felt the same way he would be here, would he not? Y/N speaks all the time about how much he loves all of you, but someone who truly loves you would be here to defend you all. He wouldn't be letting you enter a battle where each of you is expected to die." A giant lightning bolt comes from the sky and strikes Kaguya, one that could even rival the Greek God of Thunder.

"You don't know the first thing about Y/N!" Everyone looks at the Priestess of Thunder bringing the storm down on Kaguya. "He would never leave us without a good reason, and I won't listen to you speak ill of him!"

"You're all blinded by your love!" Kaguya escapes the lightning bolt and flies at Akeno. "You've all counted on Y/N to defend you for so long, why would you not expect it now?" Kaguya lands a punch on Akeno, but the fallen angel hybrid holds firm against the attack.

"If I'm blind because of my love for Y/N, then I'll accept it! Without Y/N I wouldn't be here today, and I'll do whatever I must to reunite with him!" Kaguya keeps attacking Akeno, and though she starts to falter she doesn't fall from the sky.

"Akeno!" Rias yells at her best friend. "Get away from her, I don't want to hurt you!"

"Do what you must," Akeno says. "If it's for Y/N, I would give my life." Akeno is attacked once more and starts to fall, but before she hits the ground she is covered in bright light, and once it fades Akeno is almost unrecognizable to the Gremory group. Instead of a devil wing and fallen angel wing, six fallen angel wings sprout out of her back. Her miko attire is replaced by a much more revealing outfit, one that barely covers her body at all.

"Akeno," Rias says in awe. She flies over to her best friend and the two of them stare down Kaguya. "Vali, are you able to fight?" The White Dragon enters his Balance Breaker and goes toward the two of them.

"As much as I can. If I let you two die then Y/N would probably kill me at the very least, though he would probably destroy the entire world if anything happened to either of you. Whatever I've got to do to help you two let me know."

"Just keep her occupied so the two of us can attack her." Vali nods and flies at Kaguya.

"You three really think you'll be able to stop me on your own?"

"Not just them." Rias and Akeno look around and see four more figures next to them. "For what you've said about Y/N we'll all take you on!"

"Alright," Rias says. "Xenovia, Koneko, go try to help Vali. Ravel, Rossweisse, stay here and help us out." 

"Right." Akeno charges up a lightning bolt and aims it at Kaguya, and once she lets it go she looks over at the Valkyrie.

"I wasn't aware you cared about Y/N so much Rossweisse," she teases. "You should know by now he's my Y/N and mine alone."

"He proposed to me first," Rias screams at Akeno. "Besides, I thought we weren't going to compete over him anymore."

"If that's what you want to think," Akeno says cunningly. "Just know that when he returns I'm going to be the first one to get to him. I've missed him holding me in his big strong arms every night, and I don't think I'd be able to function if I can't have that when he returns."

"You all are really arguing over a boy?" Vali lands a punch on Kaguya's cheek and averts her gaze.

"I don't really understand it either, but he's the only family I have left, so there's no way I'm letting them down." Vali flies backward and raises a hand to Kaguya. "Come and get it if you think you can."

Before Kaguya can move Xenovia drops Durandal onto her shoulder and does her best to cut her arm off. Kaguya's strength is immense, but to wield Durandal you need much more than strength. As Kaguya tries to resist Koneko darts toward her, and to her surprise, she isn't the only Nekomata attacking Kaguya. Kuroka and Koneko both attack her in sync, and their attacks complement each other perfectly.

As the Nekomata sisters create an opening Rias, Ravel, Akeno, and Rossweisse each attack with their magic, and the bickering amongst the four of them continues.

"Just because you were with Y/N first doesn't mean that he loves you more," Rossweisse says to the fallen angel.

"You've never slept with him," she fires back. "He probably doesn't even feel the same way about you!"

"That's not true! The first night I stayed with you all he held me as I was crying, and he's invited me to stay with him multiple times since then." A burst of fire flies between the two women and they see Ravel blasting Kaguya with everything she has.

"You two can continue fighting for second place, I'm already the one that he loves the most."

"Who decided that?" Rias asks the Phenex clan member.

"He's told me himself! These flames are a symbol of the true love that Y/N and I share. You three couldn't possibly create something better." While Ravel was exaggerating, she knew that the arguing wasn't getting them anywhere and she needed something to try to get them to end the fight quickly. Rias, Akeno, and Rossweisse each form their most powerful magic blasts and send them at Kaguya, causing the goddess to scream out in pain for the first time in the battle. She tries to get out of the blasts, but nothing seems to work and she slowly starts to fade away in the burst of magic coming from the four. They each stop firing and see no Kaguya in sight, and the four of them land on the ground with the others.

"Ravel," Rias says, "we're going to have a serious talk about boundaries when we get home." Vali lands next to the other fighters and scolds them.

"Kiba, Gasper, why didn't you two do anything to help?" Kiba starts laughing.

"You should know well enough that you don't get in the middle of women when they're fighting. I would have ended up getting burnt just as badly as Kaguya did." Kiba looks at the little vampire. "Isn't that right?" He nods.

"Yeah, besides, they were really scary." Vali groans.

"Okay, but what about you Ingvild?" Everyone looks at Y/N's Queen.

"I don't need to prove anything, I already know how much Y/N loves me. Within ten minutes of us knowing each other he kissed me." Rias and Akeno stare bullets at Ingvild and Vali just facepalms. 

"You all are ridiculous. Anyway, Kaguya is done, but there are still four of them out there. I'm going to keep my search going, see if I can find where Y/N is. You all get home and rest, there's no telling if another one will come out soon." Vali flies away from the group of devils and they return to Y/N's home where Ace is sitting laughing.

"You ladies really defeated Kaguya because you were arguing over Y/N?" He stands up and heads toward the stairs. "You kids are crazy. By the way, there was some woman named Yasaka who came by earlier. She said she saw Y/N, and he said that he loves you all deeply and is doing his best to return. I'm going to meet with the Greek pantheon tomorrow, they said they have an idea to find where Y/N is. You all get some rest now." Ace retires to his room and the devils all look around at each other.

"I knew Y/N didn't betray us," Rias says. "If I know him he'll be home by the end of the week." Before she can continue talking she falls over and hits the floor.

"Easy now Gremory," Kuroka says as she helps the heiress up. "You all shouldn't worry about that right now. We all know Y/N will be fine, so you all get some rest." They listen to the elder Nekomata and retreat to their rooms for the night. Meanwhile, Y/N flies over his house with Ophis and smirks.

"They're amazing," he says to her. "I wonder if they'll say anything about it when I get home."

"I'm sure they will," Ophis tells Y/N. "For now let's return, we don't want them to figure out we're nearby." The two dragons teleport back to the Khaos Brigade base and lay down in the bed together. "Goodnight sweet boy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel like I've seen a million comments asking for Rossweisse to join the harem, so I've decided to open the door on that idea in this part. I also started a Grayfia story if anyone is interested so check out my profile for that, it's called Sworn Apart. If you have any suggestions feel free to let me know, and until next time, have a good one.

-Coop

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 2.5K 63
A young man possessing immense power born a bastard & Illegitimate child to a cruel and abuser family,with only a few of his family members including...
23.3K 569 21
!THIS IS A REWRITE OF MY ORIGINAL BOOK AND JJK CROSSOVER! Y/N was born to the Gojo Clan but unware of his powers as his parents wanted him to live a...
11.1K 140 17
Ryuga Dragneel, a kid with an extraordinary power, attends Kuoh Academy, formerly an all girls school that recently allowed boys to attend. His class...
20.8K 356 7
Y/n L/n was powerless. As a member of a noble devil family, that made him an outcast. His family mocked him, spat on him, tormented him, all because...