Billionaire's hired wife

By popcornwriter1234

"You don't understand little rose bud... This wasn't supposed to happen!!" "What wasn't supposed to happen?"... More

Authors note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Authors note
Chapter 10
chapter 11
Quickkkkkk authors note!
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Quick Catch up!
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Authors Note :)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28/ Important Authors Note
Chapter 30

Chapter 29

1.4K 30 1
By popcornwriter1234

A/N: NONE OF THESE IMAGES ARE MINE. ALL FROM GOOGLE IMAGES!

What the hail was I thinking.

Answer is I truly don't know. 

Was I really considering this?

AHA god no.

Yes. Yes, I was.

I tighten my hold on the beige clutch bag in my hands, fidgetting with the skirt of my dress as I watch as the cab passes by people living their lives. 

(DRESS IS ABOVE! Description:) I am wearing a gold, delicate gown which has a slit where the two parts of the dress meet and overlap and part down the middle of my thigh. The top is like a Bralette but with a loose thick strap of sheer gold material, the same as the skirt is across one half of my chest with one loopy sleeve.

I pair this look with beige stilettos and leave my hair in its brown waves.

Greyson said that this was a formal dinner in which we were eating at The Benedict, an expensive restaurant that no middle class could ever manage to score a seat, let alone pay for anything there.

The cab stops in front and I give a hefty tip and he smiles gratefully. I step out walking up the steps, the satisfying sound of my heels clicking and clacking on the marble ground as the doormen open the doors for me.

I smile and nod at them and they look slightly shocked but both return the gesture before returning to their posts. 

I walk to the waiting room before you go into the dining area as Greyson had said he would wait for me here. I turn to face the city.

I get lost in my thoughts and I don't realize that there is a presence close behind me until their hand is on my lower back. 

I smell the delicious cologne and I know who it is. 

I turn around and come face to face with the man that has made my life an obstacle for the last 2 months.

He smiles, and I hate myself for smiling back. 

"Nataza, I'm honored you joined me for dinner tonight" His deep husky voice throws me off as I forgot what it does to me. 

I smile slightly nodding my head, "Well I was in the area" I said jokingly. We both share a laugh about the absolute lie I had just told and he guides us to the table. 

We get a table pretty secluded on the 2nd-floor patio with a beautiful view near the edge of the balcony. 

He pulls out my chair and I smile sitting down and he follows doing the same for himself.

The waiter serves us ice water and we look at the menu. After doing what normal people would do at a restaurant, the reality of how abnormal our relationship is hits me.

I sip my glass of wine and clear my throat.  "So I normally am all for privacy but I feel as though you should know that I am not doing this because being away from you has destroyed me, or really to benefit you in any way" I stop and see he is nodding and I take that as a sign to continue. 

"Melanie decided to stop by my apartment in Arizona the other day, and she told me everything or everything that she wanted to tell me. I want to first say, I don't support your behavior when we had been... Trying. But Melanie's treatment is on the line here, and I'm willing to try again if it is for the best for her."

"I entirely agree. after you had left, my mother gave me a strict talking to and I realized that not only had I insulted you by paying you to marry me, I also abused your trust in me by not taking it seriously, and never asked how you were doing, or how you were feeling about the situation" He apologizes. 

I nod "You must understand that before you there was only Anastasia, and she had been... Definitely one of my weaker moments. Before that, I had never had a serious relationship let alone a marriage? I am not saying this is an excuse for my actions, but I want you to understand that I am more than willing to try."

I stare out into the city lights and nod. "I am as well. With saying this, I want some ground rules set and I have some questions." He nods and I continue. "First, I have a life, yes Greyson I Nataza have a life as difficult as that may be for you to understand. But there is a publishing office of the same company I work for stationed here so my job won't be a problem." I breathe.

"The problem is you. You need to let me work, you can't control me. I will put my all into this, but you need to work on bettering yourself and bettering Melanie." 

"Of course, without a doubt. The reason we are doing this is for Melanie and to ensure that she can get the best chance at life. And she will." I realize that, even though he is a complete *ss, he loves his family, and in the end that says a h*ll of a lot more than most other things. 

I nod and sigh taking another sip of wine before looking at Greyson. "Hand it over".

He looks at me with a confused look. 

"I know you Greyson, give me the contract." He laughs and smiles at me and I return it. He hands over the envelope and I slip it under my clutch. "I'll read over it tonight and have it ready for you by tomorrow," I say.

He nods and grabs one of my hands. My eyes shoot up to him alarmed and I see him looking at me warmly. "I want to do this the right way Nataza. After you sign the contract when you are ready we can go pick out your engagement ring and the wedding rings. I'll have people pick up your stuff and of course,  I am assuming you will be bringing Beyer yourself?" I smile gently and nod at him. 

And just like that, the rest of dinner went by in a breeze. Making fun of the way we used to be, talking about our childhoods, and talking about our families and our businesses. 

After Greyson dropped me at the hotel I had booked for the night I prepare to travel home and I did exactly that the next morning. 

I get home having a 3-hour cuddle session with my Baby and I pack a duffle bag and suitcase of all the clothes that I will need and Beyers things. And then the longest part stretching a record-breaking 5 hours is explaining to my sister what happened.

Selectively of course. 

That Greyson and I had been seeing each other but broke it off but now I realized I had a deep-seated love for him. Gross. 

I'm still a child. 

Literally.

And before the end of the week, I am standing outside a different home of Greyson's with Beyer's on a leash and my luggage in the other. 

Image below: (Imagine this house: with a circular drive way, in a neighborhood with a lot of other houses so very city-like, and without those statues, a little bit more modern but the same basically)

It was the house I had- He-

He had bought the house he had seen me looking at. I-

I shake my head quickly as if to get rid of the thoughts and knocked on the massive glass double doors. 

A few seconds later the door opens and I turn to look at the door and Greyson stands there with a sheepish smile and grey sweatpants and no shirt. 

I blush and look away from his very toned physique and smile. 

"You like the place?" He asks.

"Yes! Um... I- Is this the house?"

"Yes, I had noticed you were looking at it a while ago, and my friend owned the company who was selling it. It was a favor per se" He says

"You didn't need to do all of this really!" I exclaim. 

"Hey, if you're going to be staying here I wanted it to be a place you could enjoy, I also quite like the space. It's not as big as I would go for, but I think it's perfect for us." He says smiling

He opens the door bending down and Beyer goes crazy licking and rubbing against him and he laughs petting him. 

Forking traitor. 

The entryway is just as I imagined. There is a door to the left leading to a large glass room (indoor patio), a door to the right leading to a very clean living room, and a door after that leading to a study. There is a big staircase leading upstairs (obviously), and next to that straight ahead looks like the kitchen which once in the massive kitchen with a HUGE island, to the right there is a casual sitting area with a large TV. This all against more glass windows to the backyard.

I let Beyer off his leash and Greyson takes my bags and shows me around including the bedroom. He assumes we would like to sleep together, but I question him on whether anyone would be visiting which then he agrees that we could sleep in the same room. 

As long as nothing happens, I'm willing to do this. 

I unpack my stuff and see that I also have a closet stocked with formal clothes as Greyson has to make multiple public appearances.

Essentially this house is absolutely perfect.

I called and set up my new job with the same position and they were happy to have me.

I look at the clock seeing as it is only about 2 pm, I walk downstairs and find Greyson in the large kitchen pouring some milk. He offers me a glass and I accept. He tells me about some of the neighbors and how they are extra nosey, and it was quite amusing to hear. 

"I was wondering if you were feeling up to it of course, if you wanted to possibly pick out your engagement ring?" I smile and nod because I am trying to get as much time to really smooth over this relationship and get to know him better. 

"Also Melanie is driving over I think..." He pauses for a second thinking about the time "I think she should be here about lunchtime tomorrow?  She has an apartment about maybe 30 minutes from here give or take" I smile and nod saying that it would be good to see her again. 

We check out multiple engagement ring stores and believe it or not, I wasn't the one who had a problem with the last 4, it was Greyson. 

Eventually, we find one and the saleswoman keeps saying how adorable we look together and I see a tinge of pink on Greyson's cheeks... I had to. I pinched them and started baby talking, You're so cute, yes you are, who's a cutie. 

I honestly didn't think he could get any pinker.

The ring Greyson and I  chose is: (for those who can't see: It is a large cushion cut engagement ring)

Later that night, it's weird. I felt normal. I sent my sister a text telling her I will call her tomorrow, and I find myself shifting my eyes between the TV show and my sparkling ring on the hand holding my wine glass.

this is real.

I am sitting with my feet on Greyson's lap as he rubs them watching the show as well and a blanket thrown over both of our laps, and Beyer lying on the couch on the other side of Grey.

It bothers me that I'm not bothered but hey. I think I can deal with this foot massage a bit longer.

I'll take this slow. 

We'll both try. Both of us. 

                                        &&

So YeAh.

Hi:)

NO 

NO, YOUR EYES HAVE NOT DECEIVED YOU, THIS IS ANOTHER CHAPTER IN BILLIONAIRES HIRED WIFE THAT WAS UPLOADED, YES! A DAY AFTER THE LAST ONE OMG. CELEBRATION 

I woke up feeling like, LET'S DO THIS!

This is the result :)

so the plotline is moving very fast, but I am trying to emphasize that when someone has cancer and they refuse treatment, they don't have a million years and endless amounts of time to just wait around.

I am CRAZY excited to FINALLY get this romance back on the road because I've been missing Grey a tad bit, their long-distance broke my heart but from now on, we'll see how it goes:)

AND CAN I GET A HUUUUUUYYYUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH. 2,225 WORDS (INCLUDING THE AUTHORS NOTE, BUT I KNOW THE ACTUAL CHAPTER IS AT LEAST 2,006 :)) THAT IS A WHOLE GOSH DANG RECORD, I DON'T KNOW IF I HAVE EVER WRITTEN THAT MUCH FOR A CHAPTER IN ANY BOOK. WOOP WOOOOOPPP

I hope you ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER LIKE CRAZYYY and I hope to update soon but btw (probably not tomorrow)

Say Hello to someone today!

Keep getting vaccinated! Keep staying protected, the pandemic is almost over but the Delta variant is thriving, so you all know the drill:

STAY HOME?
(Pretending that you say the next part)

STAY SAFE!

Love you all <3

Mads :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.6K 3.2K 56
Indelible Series Book #1 #28 [laughter] in 4.4k stories [11/11/20] #3 [badass female] (24/01/21) A carrier oriented middle class girl Ayat Seth was p...
9.5M 310K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
7K 167 24
I want the record to reflect that I didn't want this marriage. My husband is wealthy, which was a relief initially, but he is also friends with some...
218K 13.2K 38
"So, let me get this straight. You stomped all over his paperwork?" She started. "Not intentionally, but yes," I confirmed it. "Threw a drink in hi...