❝Those Blueberry Eyes❞ ➵ {♔Oi...

By mustardyellowdreams

Haikyuu alternate universe Timeline: After nationals ______ Karasuno gets invited to another training ca... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Author's Note

Chapter 13

2.3K 98 2
By mustardyellowdreams

     "Tobio-chan!" Oikawa hugged his kouhai from behind, rubbing his face against his hair.

     "Did you need something Oikawa-san?" Kageyama freed himself from his senpai's hands who lay on his stomach on the bed, stretching his arms out.

     "I'm bored, let's watch a movie."

     "Fine."

     Oikawa furrowed his brows. He had hoped Kageyama would go back to normal but no luck. Replacing the worried look with a smile, he ruffled Tobio's hair.

     "Well then, a nice horror movie will do it." Tooru got up and walked to his desk.

     "Umm... Can it not be a horror movie?"

     "Hmm?" Oikawa stopped browsing through the CDs and turned his head towards Kageyama. "Why not?"

     Tobio didn't answer. He stared at the floor as footsteps inched closer. He looked up to see Oikawa smirking at him.

     "Are you scared of horror movies Tobio-chan?"

     "N-no, that's not it, I just don't like them, okay?"

     "Haha, don't worry, my hand is free to hold if you're afraid." He winked and held his hands out. "Makki and Mattsun gave me these two, pick your poison."

     Kageyama pointed at the one whose cover looked less terrifying. Oikawa put the CD in and sat beside his kouhai, leaning against the bed. He glanced at Tobio who had grabbed the blanket off the bed and swung it around him, covering his head.

     He let out a small suppressed laugh, amused at his actions. Kageyama suddenly turned towards him and he snapped his head to the other side, his cheeks colouring themselves a tinge of red.

     "Oikawa-san?"

     "What?"

     "Shouldn't we get some snacks? Also I think people prefer darker rooms while watching scary movies."

     Oikawa turned to him and blinked. Tobio blinked back. Without saying anything, Tooru stood up and walked out of the room. He came back after five minutes with a bottle of soda and a bowl of popcorn. Kageyama had closed the curtains and was reading the back of the CD cover. Hearing Oikawa's footsteps up the stairs, he resumed the movie. His senpai put the snacks in front of him and sat back down, now closer to his kouhai than where he was before. Tobio didn't think much of it and directed his attention back to the screen, slowly becoming oblivious to the person beside him.

...

     "Umm... Oikawa-san?"

     "What?"

     "Didn't you say your hand is free to hold if I'm scared?"

     "Yes, what about it?"

     "Then can you please tell me, why you are hiding your face inside my hood?"

     Oikawa stayed silent, putting his face deeper into Kageyama's hood. Getting no answer, his kouhai spoke again.

     "Could it be that you're the one who's actually scared?"

     Tooru pulled his head out and scowled at Tobio. "I'm not scared, my eyes just hurt from the glare of the screen, okay? And what's with all the questions? Just watch the movie quietly, will you?"

     He shifted away from behind Kageyama and grabbed the blanket that had fallen off his kouhai's shoulders and wrapped it around himself. He had no idea the movie would scare him that much and was definitely feeling the embarrassment after teasing Tobio about it.

     After a few more minutes, Oikawa crawled up to the desk, stopped the movie and shut his laptop.

     "Oikawa-san, we weren't even close to the end", Kageyama said, surprised.

     Tooru stood up and walking over to the sliding doors, opened the curtains. He quietly picked up the empty bottle and bowl and trotted downstairs. Kageyama sat there, following him with his eyes until he was out of sight. After a few minutes, Oikawa was back. He still said nothing and flung himself onto the bed and closed his eyes, facing the glass doors. Tobio pulled himself up on the bed, unsure what to do.

     The sky was dark now, gray clouds gathering in front of the sun. The weather had been better for about a day now, although cold and damp but another heavy downpour threatened to arrive.

     Seeing Oikawa shiver, Kageyama picked up the blanket off the floor and threw it over his senior, then slowly lay down, facing him. Tooru opened his eyes, feeling the bed drop beside him and froze. Kageyama's face was inches away from him, his dark blue eyes staring at him with an unidentifiable look in them.

     "What do you want? A medal for giving me my own blanket?" His voice came out rude rather than playful and he winced internally.

     "I have a favour to ask." Kageyama didn't seem to react to his tone.

     Relieved, Tooru propped his head up on his palm, placing his elbow on the pillow. "Go ahead."

     Tobio seemed to hesitate, trying to find the right words. "Umm... Can you please... Will you... I wanted to ask..." He trailed off.

     "My my, the king who usually dictates the court is having trouble saying what he wants. What a surprise!"

     Kageyama flinched at the old nickname in discomfort. He hated being called that. Seriously, does he have to bring it up now?

     "I'm sorry, it was a bad joke."

     Kageyama looked up at Oikawa in surprise. He had been behaving oddly all day and this was the second time he had apologized and genuinely looked sorry. He didn't know what to say to that. Fortunately, his senpai continued.

     "But you know Tobio-chan, if you want something, you have to say it, or I wouldn't know."

     Kageyama took a sharp breath as Oikawa leaned towards him. He shifted his eyes away.

     "I-I just wanted to ask if-"

     Oikawa interrupted him. "If I'll teach you how to serve?"

     Tobio widened his eyes and turned them back towards Tooru. He had a blank expression on his face.

     "How did you know?"

     "I read your messages with chibi-chan." Oikawa replied nonchalantly.

     "Oh." Kageyama lowered his eyes again, expecting a refusal like he had received a countless number of times before.

     "Sure."

     The reply caught him off guard. His mind repeated the word, not willing to accept what it meant. He looked back up at his senior in surprise. He was about to ask if he really meant it when Oikawa dropped his head down on the pillow and turned towards the ceiling, crossing his arms under his head.

     "Chibi-chan really knows how to make you do things, huh? It's like he's your girlfriend or something." He laughed out loud.

     "Oikawa-san, please don't say it like that!"

     "But it's true though."

     "No, it's not. He's just an annoying teammate who can jump really high and won't give up no matter what."

     "He helped you improve. Only you two can pull off that fast attack combo, right?"

     "That's true but what you said was still weird."

     "So what do you actually think about him?"

     Kageyama thought for a moment, resting his chin on his hand. "He always believes that the ball will come to him. He sucks at receiving, serving and blocking but when it really counts, he always goes that one step further. He trusts everyone blindly and fully believes the team will back him up but never slacks off because of it."

     He finally looked up after finishing his speech to see Oikawa staring at him with his mouth open. He realised he had been rambling and quickly tried to apologize. "Gomen'nasai, I didn't mean to-"

     "I see." Oikawa said curtly and turned back towards the ceiling.

     Kageyama blinked in confusion. He didn't tease me, yet again. His senpai's behaviour was getting weirder every time they talked and he couldn't figure out why.

     "Hmm", he answered in a low voice and rolled over to his left, looking outside.

...

     Tobio glanced at the clock. A little more than an hour had passed. Neither of them had talked for the entire time.  He was still lying in the same position, watching the rain hit the glass panels. Water drops made their way inside through the narrow opening and with every gust of wind, hit his face. He shivered, wrapping his hands around his body.

     Suddenly he felt a violent jerk on his arm, lifting him and pulling him backwards. He crashed against Oikawa's chest and felt an arm snake around his waist, covering him with the blanket. His senpai's legs were entangled with his and he felt Tooru's head resting on his shoulder. His body became rigid, trying to get used to what had just occurred. Getting over the initial shock, his face grew red at the realisation of the position he now lay in.

     "Umm... Oikawa-san, what are you doing?"

     "Shhh! Did you hear that?" Oikawa whispered.

     Kageyama was confused. He slowly turned his body towards Oikawa. "Hear what?"

     His arms kept distance between them but he was still blushing at how close they were.

     "Tobio-chan, I think there's someone in the house."

     Kageyama tried to keep his heartbeat in control and composed himself. "I'm sure it was just the wind knocking on the windows. You locked the door right?"

     "Yes but what if someone broke in and they are coming up right now?"

     "Oikawa-san are you hearing things because of the movie we saw?"

     "What? No! Listen quietly, you'll hear it too."

     They lay on the bed silently, Kageyama in Oikawa's arms, staring at his collarbone. He felt Tooru's breaths on his forehead and slipped downwards ever so slightly. After a few moments, they heard the rattling of a window.

     Oikawa clutched Kageyama tightly. "See, see? I told you, someone's in the house."

     Kageyama winced. "Umm... Oikawa-san, you're crushing me. Please let go of-"

     Before he could finish, Oikawa pulled Tobio on top of him and wrapped his arms around his waist. Kageyama froze, his head on Oikawa's chest and arms now on either side of his senpai.

     "Oikawa-san..."

     "Do you mind me using your body?"

     Kageyama fumbled with his words, blushing even harder. "W-what d-do you me-mean?"

     "Well you think there's nobody in the house so I guess you wouldn't mind me using your body as a shield, right?"

     Tobio blinked, the red on his face fading away. Is he serious? Why would he say it like that? And why did I think he meant something else?! He slapped himself internally.

     He cleared his throat and calmed himself down. "Umm... There really is nobody in the house. Can you please let me go?"

     Kageyama pulled his body up slightly supporting himself with his arms, then immediately fell back on top of Oikawa as the latter wrapped his legs around his.

     "Oikawa-san!"

     "No, don't wanna, baka."

     Kageyama sighed and gave up, knowing Oikawa wouldn't change his mind. He never did when he got like that. After five minutes, he tried again, hoping this time Tooru would listen.

     "It's 4:45 in the afternoon, who would break into a house now?"

     Kageyama felt Oikawa's body shift under him as he looked at the clock.

     "Oh? It's close to 5 o'clock already? I need to make snacks."

     Oikawa suddenly uncrossed his legs from Kageyama's back and softly pushed his kouhai off himself. Kageyama stared at Tooru as his senpai sat up.

     "Oikawa-san..."

     Tooru turned his head to look at him and yelped in shock. Even though Kageyama's face was blank, his eyes had a deathly glare in them.

     "Hey, hey, what's that look for?"

     "Aren't you afraid of the intruder? Why are you going out of the room?"

     Tooru patted Kageyama on the head and replied, his voice shaking. "Well, I think I was hearing things after all. Who would break into a house at this time, right?" He laughed nervously.

     "Were you just messing with me?" Kageyama looked away from Tooru, masking the pang of disappointment.

     Oikawa leaned close to him. "Ara, you stopped shivering though, didn't you?"

     Kageyama snapped his head around. Before he could understand what was going on, Oikawa flicked him on the forehead softly and jumped out of the bed and calmly walked out of the room.

     Tobio sat there, dumbfounded, trying to register in his head, the last ten seconds. He grew red in the face when he realised what happened and widened his eyes. He stared at the blanket on his lap as the sound of wind blowing echoed in his ears and the raindrops accompanying it splattered the side of his face.

     All this time, was he...?

____________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

682 2 7
•Credit goes to the artist• •Credit goes to the creator of Haikyuu!!• Hey! This is my first book on here, so - sorry if it sucks ass. I've always wa...
285K 12.3K 71
Kageyama has a crazy ex girlfriend who stalks him and keeps forcing herself to him, and quite frankly he's sick of it, so he confronts her and ended...
26.3K 775 15
⚠️Disclaimer⚠️- All the pictures here don't belong to me! the characters of Haikyuu also don't belong to me! Haikyuu doesn't belong to me either! The...
1.4K 78 7
A story that starts off with Iwaizumi confessing to Oikawa, who doesn't feel the same. He does feel like teasing his hot-headed friend, though. How w...