Mr. Detective

By Kitsing0062x0206

Kong and Arthit have known eachother since they were kids.. though they were 5 years apart.. they always used... More

Author's Note
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
Author's Note

15

1.9K 102 3
By Kitsing0062x0206

Arthit's POV

The next day.. Bright and Em were having their worst hangover.. Kong made them some drinks and also gave them medicine for their headache.. It was already late by the time we woke up.. so Kong gave his cloths.. I and Em could wear his oversized shirts.. they fit us exactly.. Tew and Oak also came here because Knots shirt was really loose to him..

All of us went to the office.. the girls also joined us.. May told that Fang was still sleeping by the time they came here.. and Prae took leave to look after her.. I can see that Kong was really feeling overwhelmed with having so many people around.

Each passing day just made my feelings for Kong grow.. Everything about him makes my heartbeat rise.. I always love it when he is very focused on one particular thing.. Knot was the first one to see the change in me.. and above that he already understood that it was because of Kong which I could not deny.. 

Followed by him. my friends also noticed the things which lead to me confessing about my feeling for Kong in front of them.. I expected Bright to tease me.. but he was the first one to warn me about hurting Kong.. he was ready to break my bones if I hurt him.. and after that warning he started teasing me.. 

They have been very supportive of my feelings and even kept on helping me to spend some time with Kong alone.. like they would ask me to bring some drinks every now and then.. and ask Kong to accompany me.. We would have a little chat over coffee while waiting for the drink.. I even go to patrolling with him.. and would take him to lunch separately when we will be done with the patrolling.. 

I even started visiting him at his home after the working hours and spend time with Kong and Fang.. sometimes even P'Prae would be present.. I have a hunch that Fang and P'Prae know about my feelings for Kong looking at the way they give me teasing looks and smiles.. I even met Kong's previous friends Boom, Boyo, Lee and Joss..

I second I met them.. I wished I could break both Lee's and Joss's face.. but when Kong said Lee and Boyo were in a relation.. I eliminated Lee's name.. but this Joss guy.. I swear I would be the one to kill him one day... he is all over Kong every chance he gets and he knows Kong more to my liking.. I always shoot daggers at Joss..

I was so jealous over Joss's closeness with Kong that.. I even asked Kong about his relation with Joss.. I could breath freely when Kong said that Joss treats him like a brother because he always wanted a younger brother but he doesn't have any.. That was when I felt like a mountain of burden was lifted from shoulder which made me smile very broadly and I am sure my face was glowing in happiness because of which I hid from Kong so that my feelings won't be caught.

Kong's POV

It's been a month since Fang is living with me.. she was going to graduate in another 2months and is doing her final internship near Boom.. The past month has been like a whirlwind for me at the start.. First fight with my parents.. then opening up to everyone.. then bonding with everyone.. and then there is P'Arthit..

At first.. I just thought that it was because I was Moon and his childhood friend that he was paying more attention to me and spending more time with me.. though his actions kept shouting that he was showing some kind of romantic feelings.. I buried the hope because I did not was to break again or loose him from my life.. 

One such day.. when I was walking towards P'Arthit's cabin to discuss regarding the patrolling duties.. I heard him talking with his friends.. and P'Bright was teasing him with my name.. That was when I understood that he was really having feelings for me and I wasn't imagining things.. 

I spoke to P'Prae and Fang about what I heard.. They asked me to give it a try when I said that even I was feeling comfortable and attracted to P'Arthit.. I chose to play dumb and act as if I don't know anything about his feelings towards me. I was enjoying the attention P'Arthit was giving me while sorting out my feelings for him.. 

I was laughing internally when he asked me about my bond with Joss.. though I wanted to play a little but seeing his face I could not.. so I told him that Joss treats me like a younger brother he always wanted but never had.. I even teased him asking him whether he was jealous or so.. but did not drag it much..

Today was no different for me.. I was eagerly waiting for lunch time so that I can spend time with P'Arthit.. it was near Noon when I saw P'Prae entering the the office.. At the first look itself I can say that she was not here casually but for work.. so I just gave her a small smile. She walked into P'Arthit's cabin.

"Kong.. why is P'Prae here..?" Em asked me.. 
"I don't know Em.. but from the look I can say that she came here for some serious work.." I said.

After that we went back to doing our work until P'Arthit's voice boomed in the office through speakers asking us to gather in the meeting hall immediately. All of us had our notepads with us as we went to the room.

P'Prae and P'Arthit were sitting in the middle.. all of us took our seats and waited for them to start.. 
"There is an incident which happened at the Bangkok Hospital." P'Arthit said. The hospital name itself made me think about my father.. 
"What happened..?" P'Knot asked.

"A man died in the hospital.. Khun Suthilak and his team has performed an open heart surgery.. The team says that the surgery was a success.. but now he is found dead and the post mortem report says that it is because of heart failure." P'Prae explained.. 

Even after all this things.. I could not bring myself to hate him completely.. he was still my father irrespective of everything.. 
"Kong..." P'Arthit called me.. it bought me out of thoughts.. everyone were looking at me.
"Sorry.. I got distracted.." I apologized.. 
"Kong.. we know it might be difficult for you to face him again.. but you will have to work in this case.. in fact every one of us.." P'Prae said.

"Even if you would have said No.. I would still work on it P.." I said looking at her.. 
"Don't you hate him..?" Oak asked.
"Irrespective of everything.. he is still my father.. and another thing is.. he might not have been the best parent to me.. but he is still the best surgeon and a sincere doctor.. so I will stick to professionalism.." I said. They smiled at me..

"So guys.. we will go to the hospital after lunch.. everyone of us will go to the hospital.. everyone of you will split and carry the investigation... I, Captain Arthit, Vice Captain Knot and Detective Kongpob will meet the higher officials.. And Kong.. you are coming with us because you have even graduated from law enforcement.. so you will have to speak up when the lawyers try to push us by saying there is no need of investigation.. And yes.. they are trying to do it.." P'Prae said. 
"Okay.." All of us replied at the same time.. 

After that we went back to our desks.. but P'Arthit again called me to his cabin.. P'Prae and P'Knot were already having some discussion.. 
"Kong.. don't be stressed.. all of us will be there right.. nothing will happen.." He said as I sat down.. 
"I know P.. but I am kind of nervous.. I don't know if he will even let me talk or not.." I replied.. 
"It's okay.. he can't react in front of everyone especially in this situation.. so don't worry.." P'Arthit said. 

That was when we heard a knock.. it was P'Knot and P'Prae.. they came inside when P'Arthit asked them to..
"Kong.. I am sure you must be stressing out about the fact about how Khun Suthilak will react.. but Kong.. remember you are coming there as Detective Kongpob not Kongpob Suthilak." P'Prae said as she took the seat beside me... 
"Khab P.. I will do it well.. and this is the first case I am working with you.. so I won't disappoint you.." I replied.. She ruffled my hair but stopped when I glared at her.

P'Prae explained how one board member was hell bend and is blaming Khun Suthilak for the death.. He is demanded that Khun Suthilak should get down from his post and another should be elected.. I wasn't sure how that will happen because the hospital was owned by Khun Suthilak and why would he be irresponsible and lie regarding the patients death..

There was no need to lie about it because not every surgery was meant to be a success.. I was internally debating about it.. I was also recollecting some points which he shared with me while designing the contracts for everyone hoping that it would be useful.. 

When we were done with our lunch.. We made our way to the hospital.. when I was very young.. there was time I ran around in these corridors.. the memories flashed in front of my eyes making me feel suffocated when we were about to enter.. 

"We are here Kong.. don't worry.. we will face it together and complete this case.. if your father is innocent.. we will make sure to prove it.." P'Arthit said as he gave me a side hug.. 
"I am not scared about that P.. some childhood memories when I ran in these corridors after you left flashed in front of my eyes.." I replied.. 

"Come on Kong.. let us go now.." P'Prae said as she gave me an assuring smile. We walked inside the hospital... Except for Me, P'Prae, P'Arthit and P'Knot.. everyone divided and started interrogating while we made our way towards the board room where the meeting was already started..

P'Prae knocked the door and took permission to get in.. I took a deep breath before entering inside.. The second my eyes met with my fathers.. I could see anger but he masked it with cold look.. 
"Swadee Khab.. I am Lieutenant Praepailin.. and I will be leading the investigation along with Captain Arthit and his team." She said. The four of us wai'ed to them. 

"There is no need of that.. we already know that Kelkarai Suthilak was at fault.." One of them said in a sarcastic tone..
"And May I ask how you know it..? Did you see him making a mistake..?" I asked him back with a stern voice.
"I saw the report.." He said. 
"But there are eye witness saying the surgery was successful Khun.. and if you want to say that it was failure.. you need to have a perfect proof for that.." P'Arthit said.

"And Khun.. don't you think.. there is no loss in doing the investigation.. because if he isn't at fault then we would be punishing an innocent person.." P'Prae added.
"There would be only one reason to say no to investigation.. that is you are scared of something.. or you must have done something wrong.." I said coldly.. 

The four of us smirked at his expression.. I am partly feeling that it has something to do with him.. because he was fidgeting and also sweating a little.. his nervousness can be seen.. 

"So.. let us start the investigation.." P'Prae said.. the four of us went and took our place.. 

Hey..!

So what do you think about Kong handling this case..?

Do you think Kong's father will come around post the case being solved..?! 

Will Arthit and Kong's relation get more stronger..? 

Please vote and let me know your views..!

Thank you.

Stay safe and stay happy..!

~Jaan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15K 1K 6
Arthit is accused of being a murder and Kongpob is trying to save him. Will he be successful? What if in the process he found some secrets. What he...
4.4K 287 5
Singto wants to catch his long-time secret crush off guard with a proper, breathtaking kiss. And his best friend Krist is conveniently there to help...
92.5K 5.7K 14
When Arthit's university junior, and self proclaimed rival, Kongpob rescues Arthit from an overly eager coworker with a crush, their relationship bec...
59.8K 4.7K 23
Arthit, a young aspiring painter/ medical student.. kongpob, engineering student interested in photography ... Arthit wants to find out about a cert...