The Flames of Betrayal (Male...

By ToxicRhino

After being betrayed by Blake on the train, her younger brother Y/N was taken prisoner by Atlas. Experimented... More

The Reunion
The Reunion Part 2
Betrayal
Awakening
Y/N the New Student
Cat vs Bull!
Second Reunion
The Date
The First Mission
A Cat Has Nine Lives
Metal Gear Y/N
Second Choice
Partners?
A Different Kind of Foursome
Close Encounters
Never Piss Off The Queen Bee
As the Crown Foretold
Feelings Emerge
Formalities
Even Cats Can Dance
Turning Points
Polendinas Emotional Roulette
Overwhelming Power
Reignition & Return
Cooling Down
Home Is Where The Pain & Pleasure Is
The Start of A Glorious Harem
Unexpected Conversations
Loving Reqiuem
The Second Mission: Dance of Romantic Deceit
The Dance of the Harem King
Silent Blur vs Unmovable Object
Getting The Band Together
Onwards to Menagerie!
Touching Meetings and Big Revelations
The Path Towards Destruction
Myriad Truths
Unsuspecting Visitors On All Accounts
Identity Crisis
Icy Devotion (Weiss Lemon)
Into the Desert
Desert Dessert
From Beautiful Oasis to Hell In One Move
The Fate of a Chameleon
It All Comes to Ruins
Grimm Sienna Gave Us Worms
You Got A Sword!
OPENING FOR THE NEW ARC! (AND UPDATE!)
Readying for War
Black and Red
The Decider
Icy Forgiveness
Personal Wars
Fierce Fighting Faunus
Maiden Royale
The Final Act
A Relic of R&R (Side Chapter 1)
Decision Time! New Opening! Update!
Return to Normalcy
BUNches of Love
A nICE Night Out
A Lions Pride
Summertime Citrus
A Lick of Lotus
Training by Destiny (CHOICE)
Renovation
Return Policy
Pandoras Box
Take Five...or Maybe More
Repercussions
Atlas' Flickering Wick
Arcapades
The Apple of Adam (Pt 1)
The Apple of Adam (Pt. 2 Final)
Creeping Dread
The Urges of Life or Death
Loss of Importance
Rescuing the Capable Damsel (Part 1)
Bombshell Revelations: CHOICE
Rescuing the Capable Damsel (Part 2)
Fire Girl and Cat Boy (YANG LEMON)
Rescuing the Capable Damsel! (Part 3)
Rescuing the Capable Damsel (Part 4)
Rescuing the Capable Damsel! (FINAL)
A Game of Chess
Continental Battle
Atlas, Atlas, We All Fall Down
The Naturalists Ressurection
Cyclical Foundation

The Flame of Betrayal

7K 156 135
By ToxicRhino

"Son of a bitch..." Ironwood grumbled as he loaded up his revolver. Rubbing his scruff he clenched his jaw in anger. Roman Torchwick stood before him, bloodied and broken. His face was barely recognizable and his hair was strewn about. Winter, Tai, and Willow all stood by while Polendina hid Penny's eyes. The group had separated from the main attack force led by Ruby and Jaune. Left to his own devices, Ironwood did what he did best. Use brutal force and a decisive will to attain a sure fire victory. Ozpin, Theodore, and that bastard Leo Lionheart were all plotting against him, he knew they were. They disagreed with him didn't they? This entire situation could've been avoided if Ozpin and his council had only let him take control of all of the kingdoms and expanded his military might. Worst of all, people were looking to that disgusting criminal Y/N when they should've been looking to him. Who was the person who kept them safe for all this time? The person who continued to fund scientific breakthroughs that would push their technology into the late 2100s, making it nearly a century early! So why, why was he the villain here?! "Specialist Schnee, I want an overview on the other Specialists ASAP!"

Winter quickly pulled out her scroll her and fiddled with it before finding what she was looking for. Each of her teammates were listed with some auras in the green and others in the yellow. Luckily, all were alive for the moment as they had no idea where they were.

"They're all alive sir." Winter barked back. "I will do my best to locate them and-"

"Forget it." Ironwood snapped. "They're alive and they'll continue their mission no matter what."

"James you need to think rationally." Tai spoke up. "Your city has literally fallen and...and millions just died. What're you-"

"Enough!" Ironwood cut him off. "I know what I'm doing!"

"I hope you do James." A sophisticated voice cut through the tension as everyone snapped to the source. Qrow Branwen stood with a young boy wearing farm clothes. He had brown hair and was a bit shorter than Ruby was. His eyes were coalescing with blue and golden brown that gave a clue to what was happening to the young boy. Ozpin's cane was right next to him with the gears turning in it. Qrow held a grim expression and turned his eyes away from everyone else.

"Q-Qrow?!" Tai stammered. "Is that-"

"Indeed. It is me Tai." Ozpin gave a warm smile in the boys body as he walked forward, Ironwood halting his rants for a minute. Winter stood at attention while Willow still struggled to catch her breath. "However, I am not known as Ozpin. In this form I suppose I've taken on the name...Oscar."

"Old friend...what're you doing here?" Ironwood said concisely. "How do we know this isn't one of your illusionary tricks that green haired criminal has?"

"I suppose that is a strikingly accurate truth." Ozma rambled. "The body I inhabited before is in that bullhead is it not? I can only hope that my appearance and the reaction this weapon has to me is proof enough of who I am. Simply put however, we are not granted the time to combat against each other. Salem has ruined an entire city already, are we simply to stand by and watch?"

"It's not just Salem it's that damn Faunus!" Ironwood barked with fury. "They're both responsible for this...this genocide!"

Ironwood struggled to compose himself and began to turn red as Ozpin allowed him to get it all out. Turning towards Qrow, the old bird nodded before stepping forward.

"We have a way to get rid of all of this. Salem, the kid, Ozma...all of it."

XXXXXXXXX

"Adam!" Y/N yelled out as Adam and he rushed forward towards Salem. Y/N manifested a sword out of nowhere and thrusted it forward to Salem. Salem caught it with one hand before turning her gaze to the sword appearing in Y/N's other hand and catching that one as well. Y/N's mouth bubbled up with flames as he released a fire breath into Salem's face, which she treated it like a small wind.

Adam was behind her as soon as this happened and took his chance to run her through with his swords. Stabbing straight through her chest, Adam used his semblance to explode his swords in a maroon blast of energy. Salem's body was ripped apart before a wave of black energy washed over Adam and Y/N, pushing them back. Regenerating her body, Salem scoffed condescendingly.

"Really, that's all you have?" Salem rolled her eyes before thrusting Graham into the air. With a flick of her hand, Graham swung downwards and a blast of energy in the form of a curved slash flew towards Y/N and Adam. Both dodged the first and were about to counterattack before Salem continued her slashes.

"Amber!" Jaune yelled out as he slid in front of her. He raised his shield and channeled aura into it, creating a bubble shield around them as the black energy slammed into them. Jaune didn't move an inch as he was assaulted with energy. Amber knelt behind him, thanking him quickly.

"Thanks Jaune, never been one to move fast." Amber joked as she wrapped her knuckles in bandages. "Once she's done with her showboating, I'll try and get in close. Back me up yeah?"

"Of course." Jaune smirked. With one last thrust of the shield, he slammed through the last slash before he and Y/N made eye contact, with both nodding to each other knowingly. Y/N and Adam blazed forward as Amber and Jaune brought up the rear. Salem smirked as they approached, channeling magic in one hand and raising her sword with the other.

Y/N rushed her front and channeled his fists with electricity as he slammed the ground in front of him. Currents surged through the metal ground as Salem swatted the lightning blast away. Coming in from the rubble caused by the explosion of electricity and energy was Adam, who tossed his swords into the air and slammed his fist into Salem's jaw. With a solid hit, the dust rose around them and obscured his vision. When it settled it was revealed that his punch didn't even make Salem flinch. His eyes widened as Salem placed a hand onto his chest and blasted him backwards with magic. He slammed into Y/N, who caught him mid air and both flew back behind Amber and Jaune, who continued forward.

"Amber!" Jaune yelled as he held his hand out. His eyes narrowed as white aura appeared around him.

'Time to get creative Jaune...' He thought to himself before a series of white stairs constructed by Jaune's aura appeared in front of Amber.

"Are these solid?!" Amber yelled, but didn't get a response quick enough as she slowly began running up the aura construct. She hopped from stair to stair as Jaune locked eyes with Salem on the ground below. His body was shaking as her human and Grimm eyes bore into his soul.

"Hm?" Salem smirked at him. "Pest."

She rose Graham to his head before his shield came and slammed Graham. She began to slash at him, cross slashing and thrusting, but each was blocked by Jaune's defense. This continued until Amber caught the swords that Adam had thrown into the air and flew downwards as she coated herself in black flames. The swords exploded in flames as Amber slammed them below her, straight onto Salem's shoulders. Jaune quickly threw up an aura shield between him and Salem as Amber dodged backwards. Adam and Y/N appeared from the sides and raised their fists, preparing to smash Salem in parts. Jaune pivoted and raised his shield up before cocking his arm back and flinging his shield forward, slicing through the air with extreme speed. The aura coated shield approached Salem as Amber rushed from behind and cocked her fist back, aiming for the parts of her body that didn't have the swords stuck into it. Lock clockwork, Jaune's sword dug itself into Salem's face while Amber's fist was jammed into her spine. Y/N chose to strike the right side of her chest while Adam followed suit on the left side. Salem's body caved in on all sides and her chest was battered. Jaunes shield was ripped back through a line of aura and returned to him as Amber flipped over Salem, ripping out the two swords shoved into her shoulders. Adam and Y/N rolled past Salem and dashed backwards towards Jaune and Amber. Tossing him his weapons, Amber nodded to Y/N as they all got into a triangle formation with Y/N in the front, coating his arms in flames before his entire body exploded in a white and black aura, courtesy of Jaune. He flung his arms wide in a bear hug stance before throwing his body forward and clapping his hands together. The black flames coated in a white energy shot forward in a thin line before slamming into Salem and exploding in a fiery explosion. Salem's body was blocked by the fire and dust created from the explosion as Adam, Amber, and Jaune breathed heavily.

"Come up with something Scar?" Y/N mumbled to himself as Scarlet frantically shook her head.

"I-I can't think of anything that could even stop Graham!" Scarlet wiped the sweat from her brow. She was off to the side with hundreds of swords and shields lying on the ground, only visible to Y/N and her. "The metal and power that was used to create him isn't of this world, it was forged by the gods!"

"Yeah well-" Y/N's eyes widened as Jaune rushed in front of him and raised his shield. Graham scraped across the metal shield and sparks flew as Salem slid by Jaune's defense. "Jaune!"

Jaune turned around as Salem spun around and blocked another one of her attacks. Y/N's eyes widened as Jaune blocked each and every single attack without a dent in his shield. Scarlet frantically created weapons as Amber and Adam were able to push Salem back from Jaune. The fledgling hunter fell to his knees from the tiredness of blocking blows from an almost god like being.

"Pitiful...so so pitiful." Salem muttered angrily. "Humans are so quick to consider that they're the top of the food chain, but in reality they're just like cockroaches. When they get into a corner they just shit themselves and refuse to die."

"Then it's a good thing I'm not a human." Adam barked back as purple energy surrounded him. Amber stood up next to him as Jaune hauled himself up to his feet.

"It's no secret she's allowing us to win." Amber whispered to Adam and Jaune. "Y/N's off in lala land talking to the air and we're getting tired."

"Speak for yourself, this bastards a monster." Adam smirked as he looked at Jaune. "Must be nice having so much aura."

With a loud thud, everyone turned to look at Salem as she placed Graham into the ground. She held her hands out and stared up into the moonlight.

"I fear that it is finally time for the finale." Salem sighed with a look of bliss on her face. "This plan has been in preparation for years. With Tyrion and Sienna nowhere to be found and Arthur and Hazel captured...I have no need to hold back any longer for those paltry mortals."

Salem looked downwards directly at Y/N and narrowed her eyes.

"This my hero...is true power." Salem thrusted her hands outwards even harder this time as the ground around them began to shake. With an eruption of metal, black ooze, and dirt, a humongous black and red tree exploded from within the remnants of Atlas. It ruptured the entire surrounding area, flattening it even more with its large roots and decimating aura that surrounded it. "The water supply of Atlas was corrupted by Sienna and Tyrion while they were here. Roman was tasked with sending Atlas to its knees in order to make sure that I could destroy Ironwoods pathetic excuse for an army with one fell swoop. I'm sure you're all quite wondering why I haven't summoned my army of Grimm yet yes?"

The ground began to shake again as black puddles began to emerge from within the roots of the tree. Black goop oozed out from the branches and roots, slapping onto the ground and creating what looked to be portals.

"Because...my army was created from within Atlas itself."

With a snap of her fingers, corpses began to appear on the tree. Soldiers, citizens, politicians, rich and poor, nobody was spared in Salem's show of power as screams began to rupture throughout the area. Adam and Amber placed their hands over their ears while Y/N crumpled to the ground with the intense pain from the screeches on his Faunus ears. Jaune held his head tight before throwing up a shield around them all until the screaming stopped. When the shield went down, they were greeted with a terrifying sight. Thousands of Grimm stood before them, all awaiting their masters orders. However, these weren't any ordinary Grimm. These were Grimm created from the soulless corpses of Atlas. Men, women, and children all began to crawl out like zombies, standing up with a wobbling demeanor. Their limbs were crooked and twisted with spikes protruding out from every which way. Thousands of red eyes bore into the rest of the group.

"N-No way..." Jaune stuttered as Adam and Amber gawked. "This was her plan...?"

"I simply needed to stall you all for the remainder of the time it took to harvest enough souls to create this...magnificent corruption of the world." Salem turned to the large tree. It's flowing red veins made her squirm with bliss. Her army hobbled around her, awaiting for her command. "You see Y/N...this game we've been playing has been rigged from the start. Every action you've taken was tailored to my interests...you've been nothing but my sword this entire time."

A quietness erupted from the four heroes as the groans and cries of the zombie like creatures reverberated around them. Y/N's eyes were lidded with an unreadable expression as his three friends readied themselves. However, Y/N didn't bark out any orders as Salem cocked an eyebrow. He took a few steps forward, walked up to Jaune and grabbed onto his hand clutching Crocea Mors.

"Mind if I borrow this for a bit?" Y/N said as Jaune nodded knowingly.

"My ancestors granted you permission before this fight even started." Jaune spoke softly. "I'll handle the defenses. I think I'm better with the shield in all honestly."

"Thanks Jaune." Placing a hand onto Jaune's shoulder he continued forward. "I want you to create an aura platform for the three of you to stand on as soon as give the signal."

"What's the signal?" Jaune asked as Y/N smirked.

"You'll know."

Turning back to Salem Y/N held out Crocea Mors in front of him. He locked eyes with Salem and looked at her with a victorious look.

"Adam, how many people would you say died?"

"At least half of Atlas, but that's being generous." Adam responded as Y/N nodded.

"So we have a few million undead soldiers to burn to a crisp." Y/N scoffed. "But you know Salem, I was hoping you'd say that. Because for all of your intelligence, you geniuses always expect too much out of lowly people like me. Common sense always flies over the head of people like you."

"What on Remnant do you-"

"NOW!"

"WHAT KIND OF SIGNAL IS THAT?!" Jaune yelled back as he, Amber, and Adam were all lifted into the air by a white aura platform. Y/N thrusted his hands downward and grinned wildly as his palms sparked with black electricity. Salem put together what he was doing too late as her body was becoming paralyzed. The entire area around her was conducting Y/N's electricity and shocking her soldiers to a crisp. Her eyes widened as she screamed out and tried to get off the ground.

"I...never did....find out how much electricity I could take!" Y/N grinned as his entire body lit up the darkness. Salem's soldiers began to be electrified to a crisp as Y/N shocked the entire area around him. "You see Salem!? I always wanted to fight you here! I have two powers of lightning and fire both of which have different effects in a metallic environment! I don't care how much you power up, I'm gonna keep on firing all cylinders until your army is gone!"

"You insignificant ant!" Salem roared out as her army was destroyed, but then rebuilt itself from the large tree just as fast as they disappeared. "This is pointless!"

"Jaune! Amber!" Y/N yelled out through grit teeth. They looked down and listened to his cry. "Change of plans, regroup with everyone else, they're going to need you!"

"What? Why?" Jaune yelled back before the ground around them shook and Y/N paled. He focused back on Salem as he mumbled.

"That's why...she was stalling..." Y/N narrowed his eyes as two large shadows overcasted the area. Looking up, the four friends saw the flying Chimera Grimm and a large Wyvern Grimm flying next to it. It was dropping what looked to be black sludge, which when hitting the ground created different types of Grimm onto the area, before both swooped down into an open area where fighting was going on. "They're going to need your help now more than ever, so go!"

"What're you going to do?!" Amber yelled back down. "There's an army of millions led by Salem, how're you going to kill her after all of them?"

"I'll figure it out just go!" Adam spoke up for him and pushed Jaune and Amber forward. "Create a path and run straight there Jaune, we'll take out Salem as fast as we can."

"Alright...be safe." Jaune placed a hand on Adam's shoulder before creating a path of white aura from their floating platform. Amber hesitated before running after him as she looked back to see Y/N smirking at her from below. The electricity stopped as Adam dropped down next to Y/N. Y/N sunk to knee for a quick breath, but forced himself back up as his skin crackled with raw power.

"What's this grand plan of yours?" Adam cocked an eyebrow as he raised his swords, with his right eye glowing purple in response to his emotions.

"Do you...still have access to it?" Y/N grimaced.

"Access to...oh." Adam looked away. "I...haven't tried. Other than using void, I haven't gone back to it."

Adam dodged out of the way and sliced the head off a Grimm human before turning around a kicking another one off of him. He crossed his swords and ripped through its neck before flipping his swords around and stabbing behind him. Two Grimm were impaled as Y/N shot two bullets and flung Crocea Mors into a Beowulf that was about to pounce on him. Both men went back to back and looked around as a horde of Grimm were upon them in seconds.

"Okay but can you use it?!" Y/N yelled out as he began firing electricity towards the ground. The area in front of him heated up and conducted the electricity, turning the Grimm in front of him into ash. Adam lunged up and began flipping around each of the Grimm soldiers. He twirled his blade around in a wide red arc, sending a pulsating red slash cutting through the air and the enemies in front of him. While they cut through their enemies, they were slowly being surrounded, with a circle forming around them. Salem had formed a throne above her tree, watching the battle unfold with glee. Her human and Grimm eyes lit up with joy as Adam and Y/N were beginning to get knocked around. Eventually they were granted enough space to stand back to back once again.

"I...I can try." Adam looked away from Y/N and grit his teeth. "But you need to go. If I lose control I'll-"

"Relax, I can do what I did to Elmer." Y/N smirked. "Make you one of my own creatures of darkness."

"Seriously." Adam deadpanned. "Maybe dying here is the better option...I'm trusting you here, so don't mess this up."

"You bet."

"Hoh?" Salem smirked as she held up a hand. Her creatures stopped moving and hovered while she watched Y/N and Adam. "Do indulge me."

"Ready?" Y/N stared forward as Adam stuck his swords into the ground. He handed Y/N his pistol before taking off his jacket, showing scarred muscular arms.

"Ready." Adam mumbled silently as he held his arm out. His right hand cupped his right eye as purple energy began exploding around him. "Hmph!"

Purple aura erupted from where he stood, pushing Y/N back a bit. Adam tried to keep his cries of pain in, but they were met with a force so great he yelped out in agony. His body began contorting as he grew five sizes larger. His body elongated and grew outwards as black limbs and muscles spawned from his body. His red hair grew out and his eyes turned an even darker crimson. A white Grimm mask settled on his face as horns grew from his skull. His cries were suddenly stopped as he let out a shrieking roar that made the ground shudder. Salem looked over lazily as Y/N approached the beast and placed a hand on it. Before he could do anything however, the hulking Grimm gripped his wrist. Y/N jumped, but was soon placated as he looked into the eyes of Adam. Crimson met amber as the Grimm Adam nodded with acknowledgement and spawned a large black sword.

"You in there pal?" Y/N stepped up to him.

"Hm." Adam nodded. He raised his blade towards Salem and placed a hand onto his white mask. With ease, he ripped it off, black tendrils desperately trying to hold it on his face. Y/N placed a hand onto his arm and channeled his own dark energy, allowing it to coalesce inside of him. Adam's body began to contort as his pitch black color began to morph into a similar version of Elmers. Purple and maroon veins began flowing through him as his muscles grew and he gained more power. His body shape and style stayed the same as he only grew larger in size. Adam had become a full blown demonic Minotaur with his sword growing alongside him. After his body stopped convulsing, he looked down at his newly clawed hands and touched his glowing purple eye. "What did you do to me?"

Adam was shocked as his voice had become distorted and demonic once more, but he could actually speak this time. The thoughts of solely hatred and rage subsided as his mind was left empty with a serenity attached.

"I channeled the Yin inside of me and replaced the essence of Grimm within you. I restored some of your humanity while cleansing your body of the negative energy that was overwhelming you." Y/N stepped up beside him and pointed forward. "Channel your energy into your sword and slash it forwards."

Adam did as he was told and channeled his semblance into his blade. It glowed a royal purple and when slicing it, it shot out a fifty foot wave that cleaved through the Grimm zombies and sent them all disintegrating. Adam looked shocked as he looked back at Y/N. Salem's eyes widened as a sickening grin stretched across her face.

"Oh now I do want that power..." Salem mumbled to herself as she watched on. With a wave of her hand, thousands of soldiers appeared in front of her and her tree again as she stood up and clapped. Speaking louder so the two men could hear her, she threw her arms out. "Bravo boys, bravo! After feeling the power of Yang inside of me, I never anticipated the destructive and corrupting power of Yin could be used in such a way. I suppose the application relies on the intentions of the user perhaps?"

"Shut up." Adam bellowed out as he stepped forward. "You have no control over me anymore bitch."

"Did I ever need it? Sweet sweet Adam...you were never under my control. I merely granted your wish for more power. Everything else...was your doing." Salem chuckled to herself as the two boys narrowed their eyes. "After all this time and your hard fought battle, I believe it's time to reward you Y/N. Of course, I didn't leave out Mr. Taurus there either. I find that you shall get a "kick" out of this too."

"What're you talking about?!" Y/N yelled back. "I've had enough of you yammering on about how much better you are than us, I swear to god I'm gonna-"

"You've been had." Salem said flatly as Y/N stopped himself in confusion.

"You see, I'm sure you're aware, but I asked Jinn what your true weakness was. To my surprise it was a bit more...plain than I expected. It wasn't your friends, family, or loved ones. No, of course, I only destroyed Menagerie because it was a blight on the map of Remnant. It wasn't some god forsaken power gifted by the gods, nor the silver eyes like I previously anticipated. In fact, I was quite surprised of how close it was to you that your weakness really was...or should I say is."

Blood red stairs made out of vines from the tree began appearing in front of Salem as she stepped down them towards the ground.

"You see, as a society, we always interpreted good and evil to be light and dark. There was no anticipation of Yin or Yang. It was simply one against the other as concepts. Yet Yin and Yang go deeper than that. They're a dualistic duo in nature itself, which means that there will hardly be any overlap. Destiny tends to...overwrite things however. Take this "tree" behind me for example. The Manchineel, as it's been referred to, is different from the Tree of Life. It does the exact opposite and had a life full of the exact opposite. Humans, Grimm, gods...we're all tied down to our direct nature. We desire immortality or the ability to achieve invulnerability. We desire to LIVE and our biological nature reflects that. As the Queen of all Grimm, I desire death of all living beings, including myself."

"What is this your fucking obituary?" Y/N muttered as he gripped Crocea Mors. Adam took a step forward and cleaved another thousand zombies as Salem continued talking.

"Dear me, I've seemed to be rambling." Salem waved her hand and another army appeared as Adam continued cleaning them down. "Let me cut to the chase boy. The Relics and the Gods are not allowed to intervene with the affairs of us lesser beings until they are called by their own means. I desire to wrench their control right out from under them and destroy everything they've created. THAT is my purpose and Ozma shares the exact opposite doesn't he?"

Y/N's eyes widened as he finally grasped what she was getting at.

"No...that's...that's not-"

"It is through the laws of life and death that we have overlap with the opposite concept correct? You've been trusting two specific beings that are have no interest in your success, only your downfall." Salem finally touched the ground and thrusted her arms out. "Arslan Altan was the exact opposite of you in every way! You were just too stupid to recognize it! Choice punished Arslan for having something done to her that she had no control over and Arslan developed a deep hatred and was overwritten! She succumbed to her own darkest desires mixed with her twisted sense of Yang! Her family was apologetic, they gave her a life of a Queen! And she killed them all! It was never the White Fang or the Grimm, that day Raven gifted Arslan the relic of knowledge, she had just finished murdering her entire clan and began her plan to manipulate you. Choice lied to you and led you astray. She abandoned you and left you with Destruction and Creation to show you how gullible you really were. She hasn't been connecting with you because you failed your challenge of figuring this all out. And Arslan? Her sole mission was to build you up and break you down until she could murder you. Everything up until this point has been a lie. She's been in contact with Choice this entire time...and she's also been in contact with me. Which leads us to this point...just what is your weakness?"

Y/N stepped back, not believing what he just heads. Adam looked shocked and in disbelief as he stopped attacking as Scarlet stumbled backwards with tears in her eyes muttering about how sorry she was for what happened and how she couldn't say anything. Choice had stolen Graham's, Jinns, and Scarlets ability to confess to Y/N and trapped them within her grasp. Y/N's head spun as he dropped Crocea Mors. His mind flashed back to the moment where Arslan confessed to him and died in his arms. The moments where they stood together fight after fight, hoping to find a way to unseal her emotions.

"You're lying...you're lying!" Y/N looked down at his hands shaking.

"I've been building up the kindling of this betrayal since the very start. And now...she's finally turned into the true Flame of Betrayal!"

Y/N's eyesight was turned blue and water began to fill his lungs. His body was lifted up into the air and he could barely move his limbs with the water current inside the floating water bubble he was in twisting and turning his body. His flames and electricity were extinguished each time he attempted to activate them to get out and his breath was becoming less and less. His head was now turned and through the watery prison he was stuck in he saw one person that made him want to give it all up. The person drowning him and making him realize what his weakness truly was. His body was a fire dust crystal. There's one good way to put out a fire. The person controlling stared back with a dead look on their face and glowing yellow eyes.

Arslan Altan. The true Flame of Betrayal.

XXXXXXXXX

IM SO SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT!!! Ive been having a lot of trouble with ending this story on the right note, so I decided that I would actually do something with the name of the book. Surprise!!! It's an actual person!!!! And that person is Arslan. Side note: Salem only knows about the interactions with Choice and Arslan's past because she absorbed the power of Yang from her. That's all for me from now, see you in the next one!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

637K 30.4K 54
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
850K 33.2K 81
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
919K 38.8K 80
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
290K 6.4K 33
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.