Lost Luna

By XDeafening_SilenceX

Once a forgotten Omega, now the next Luna of the Blood Moon pack-Nova must uncover the secrets of her heritag... More

Season List for Lost Luna
Hello
COPYRIGHT PAGE
announcement ~ Wattpad Originals & YONDER
Readers Views
miserable
champagne
fall
coffee
mate
shift
leave
new
forest
doctor
friend
hard work
problems
afire
suspicion
breaking point
control
lonesome
transform
green
dance
blur
headache
dominance
bewilderment
hold
office
barren
lyra
whistle
BONUS ~ mate
nervous
shirt
traveller
a while
raw
BONUS ~ interest
BONUS ~ intervene
feeling
caged
quiet
BONUS ~ uncertain
rain
raven
ally
thoughts
cold
BONUS ~ care
warmth
story
brother
anger
revelation
phone call
gaia
takeover
plan
curious
sleep
BONUS ~ close
blood
goodbyes
pack
BONUS ~ protect
north
anxious
cowardly
fear
BONUS ~ unconsciousness
reality
stealth
attack
revenge
embrace
heal
consolation
safe
castle
royal
serve
peaceful
tension
case
stranger
empathy
BONUS ~ pleasure 18+
reassurance
strong
death
BONUS ~ challenge
honour
BONUS ~ travels
grateful
thankful
morning
abilities
desire
BONUS ~ desire 18+
mated
happy
Sequel updates
New Cover!
the series continues

sunset

215K 7.3K 1.6K
By XDeafening_SilenceX

noun ~ the time in the evening when the sun disappears or daylight fades

Later that day, I found myself back in my garden. Sean really kicked my butt with the weights, and I knew tomorrow I would feel it in my shoulders. So, for now, I decided weeding would help as it would keep them in motion and hopefully not seize up too badly.

I was told that Lyra would be leaving tonight, and I was looking forward to watching her over-primed back walk away. I didn't trust her one-bit, long-time family friend or not. She was too touchy and nosey for my liking.

I huffed and stared at the large pile of dandelions I had collected. I wondered if there were any bunny burrows nearby. With that thought in mind, I piled the various leafy weeds and grass into my new wheelbarrow.

Phoenix gave me his bank card and told me to make a list of things I needed, and he'd pay for them. So, I wrote my list and phoned the local stores, paying over the phone for it all to be delivered. I still had some ornaments on order but told them to keep them in storage until I was ready for them.

I trekked the wheelbarrow through some of the trees until I caught the scent of a rabbit. I followed the trail further until more bunny smells came into my senses. When I was close enough, I scoured out their burrows and spotted a few underneath some hedges. I tipped out the wheelbarrow and sat down beside the pile.

I kept my heart rate level enough to appear non-threatening as I called out to the rabbits. I must've looked like a crazy person sat calling to some holes in the ground, but eventually, my work paid off, and a pretty brown rabbit came sneaking out of its home. Its nose twitched as it froze and observed me.

"It's okay. I brought some food." I whispered and held out a dandelion leaf.

It took hesitant steps toward me, obviously unsure if I would hurt it or not. It must've deemed me okay because soon it took the leaf from my hand.

"Good bunny." I smiled.

He was too cute. I always loved animals, so to have a wild rabbit come up to me willingly was hitting me straight in the heart. He eventually hopped over to the pile five times as big as him and began munching.

I leaned back on my hands and just watched him. Eventually, more rabbits came to join, curious about the food I had provided. I did my hardest to hide my squeal when some tiny brown-orange babies came out with who I assumed to be their mummy.

'Oh, look at you getting cosy with my dinner.' Cel mused.

I frowned at her words, not liking the animalistic part of werewolves. Is there such a thing as a vegetarian wolf? A pollotarian if you will?

Cel snorted at my thoughts, but I decided to get up and leave anyway. It was getting dark in the trees and my watch showed that it was nearing eight-thirty at night. I had missed Lyra leaving, oh well... It was summertime so the nights drew out, and I had completely lost track of time. I must've sat with the bunnies for at least an hour as they had nearly eaten the whole pile.

"Maybe I'll have some more tomorrow. By bun-buns."

I got up slowly to not frighten them and wheeled my barrow back to the shed. I piled up my tools and put them inside before shutting the door. Rubbing the dirt off my hands, I slowly walked my way back to the house. My clothes were filthy again.

The sun was setting, and I couldn't wait to get to my room to watch it go down.

I walked up the steps to the front of the house and cast a long glance at the setting sun.

"Pretty, isn't it?"

I screamed and jumped backwards in fright. I nearly fell off the edge of the steps if it wasn't for him catching me.

"Careful." Phoenix chuckled.

I huffed and straightened myself out, avoiding looking at his face. "What are you doing out?"

"I just got back from escorting Lyra and her team to the gates." He replied making me hum in disapproval. "Why do you smell like dinner?"

I grunted and threw my arms in the air. "Damn wolf's instincts."

I turned to walk inside but he caught my arm. I involuntarily shivered at the warmth his touch brought and trailed my eyes along his tanned skin up to his face.

"I'm-"

"Walk with me." He spoke softly.

"Wha-"

"Trust me. Walk with me for just a minute."

"I just want to go inside and watch-"

"Please Nova."

I narrowed my eyes at his innocent act, but Cel was whining in my head. She wanted her mate's time.

"Fine." I sighed. "For my wolf, not for you."

He smiled, not the usual small smirk, but a full-blown smile like he did at my old pack house. It stunned me for a minute and I didn't even realise he had taken my hand and we had walked to the back of the house. Powerful stuff that smile.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"You'll see."

I grimaced as he dragged me through the trees at the south of the house, my veggie patch in my far eyeline.

"It's looking good, the garden." He commented.

I thanked him but paused after when he took me up a steep hill. "Is this where you're gonna reject or k-kill me?"

He chuckled. "No just surprise you."

"I dunno, this is giving me murder vibes."

"You watch too much TV with Molly." He grunted

I frowned. "I gotta catch up on everything I missed my whole life. Friends is my latest."

I don't know why I was blabbing so much; I blame Cel's hormones and nerves.

He stopped and pulled me beside him, my eyes flying to stare at where his hand held mine still. I blushed and looked away, back down the hill.

I grumbled. "Don't think you're gonna-"

"Look."

I turned my gaze to look at him but found him cast in a yellow, orange hue. His gaze was fixed to the right of us, and I slowly turned to see where he was looking. I was dumbstruck at the sight of the sunset. Its colours were so vibrant and pure that it had my fingers itching to paint it.

"Wow, this is amazing." I gasped.

The view from the hill meant I could see the whole sunset. There was a large break in the trees with plentiful grass and flowers beneath and along it. It was the kind of hill you'd find kids rolling down, laughing and playing as their parents set up the picnic in the daisies.

The sunset's light streamed through the trees and the birds singing their goodnight song. I pulled my hand out of Phoenix's and sat on the floor. After a moment he came down to join me, his arms resting on his upright knees.

We sat in silence, nothing but the hum of energy between us. I felt our wolves relax at just being beside each other and sighed in contentment. I curled my knees to my chest as I watched the sun go down, resting my head on them in comfort.

I watched as the sky turned orange and yellow, as the red shone through the clouds. It gently wrapped itself in the horizon until only a slither was left to light up the earth.

Phoenix sighed and I turned my attention to see him already looking at me. His hair was unkept and messy, his jaw covered in a dark stubble of hair. His shirt had become unbuttoned halfway and tight around his arms as he slouched forwards. The sunset cast an orange shadow on his face, making his already tan skin seem to glow.

How could a man so cruel and murderous look so appealing and innocent?

The image of him ripping apart the rogue wolf made me shudder.

"We should go back before it's dark." He softly spoke.

I nodded and cast a last glance to the sunset. I noticed him stand from the corner of my eye and dropped my knees to stand myself up. His hand darted in front of my face and I stared at it for a moment before realising he was offering to help me up. I took the warmth gently and blushed as he pulled me to my feet.

I went to take my hand back, but he gripped tighter and led me down the hill. I sighed at the action but let myself enjoy the comforting tingles his skin left on mine. He led me down the hill and through the trees in silence, the animals around us going quiet at the Alpha's presence.

We made our way out of the trees and even though the house without coming across any wolves. He walked with me up the stairs, his hand not moving from my own. Once outside my door I took my hand away and hesitated before entering.

"Thanks... for taking me there. It was a nice spot." I smiled, actively avoiding his stare.

His hand cupped my jaw gently, his thumb stroking against my cheekbone. "I'm glad you liked it."

I sucked on my lower lip, trying to disguise the blush on my face. "Yeah, I did."

Unlocking my door, I kept my gaze down as I stepped inside. I stood on the other side of my doorway and hesitated. I didn't want to look at him in fear of crumbling into an attached leech, but he was just so alluring.

I met his unwavering gaze and his eyes softened when I did. "Goodnight, Phoenix."

"Sleep well, Nova." He whispered.

I smiled gently before forcing myself to shut the door and lock it on his too gorgeous face. I waited there for a moment, my back against the wood until I heard him walk away. Once he turned the corner I let out a huge breath of air.

That was so tense, the unrelenting yet energy-charged silence had eaten away at me. A part of me wished for nothing more than to call him back and hold him, but I couldn't. I don't know what our relationship stood for and I was too confused and blinded by naivety to make sense of it.

I sighed and made my way over to my bathroom. I slid off my clothes and shoes and climbed into the warm current. My mind wandered to the moments with Phoenix and a small smile graced my lips. Once clean and dry, I made my way to bed, climbing in nude since it was so warm today.

Hugging my pillow I found myself smiling. I had finally got somewhere with him, albeit there wasn't any talking but it felt comforting to know he was eager to show me the sunset. He had paid attention to me finally, and although I was confused about the situation it just felt right to sit there with him.

Cel contently grumbled in my mind and settled herself down as I began to fall asleep. My muscles relaxed and I found myself succumbing to the memory of sunset-lit hazel eyes.

***

For the next two days, I continued my usual routine. Trained with Sean, ran with Sean and the twins, had dinner then tended to my garden. In the evenings I went to the hill to watch the sunset and to my surprise both times I arrived Phoenix was already sitting there waiting for me.

It played out like a storyline. We watched the sunset go down together in silence, and I could visibly see him relax. Friday he was extra tense, and it was fascinating to see him unwind under the red sunset's glow.

"You've been shifting with Charlie a lot, right?" Phoenix asked.

I nodded. "I have."

"You feel like sparring in wolf form tomorrow?" He asked.

My heart stopped at his proposition. I didn't want to fight at all if I could get away with it. But Cel was practically bounding like a deer in my mind at the mere thought. She deserves to be part of a pack.

"She would love that," I whispered smiling at him.

"And you?" He raised an eyebrow.

I shrugged and looked beyond the trees. "I would rather not do any fighting at all."

He hummed but didn't question me further. We spent the evening in silence as we usually did before he walked me to my room and said goodnight. I couldn't help but be worried about the next day because I didn't know what would happen. It would be Cel's first time in a pack environment and she was boisterous enough.

I woke the next morning to my alarm screaming at me. I had slept so comfortably I didn't want to get up, but I knew Sean would be after me if I didn't get up.

I didn't bother to shower since I knew training day would mean mud and grime getting everywhere. So, I climbed out of my bed and pulled on my usual attire aka leggings, undies and a t-shirt. Maybe one day I'd feel confident enough to wear less but the last time I did I just got stared at.

I pulled on my trainers and made my way down for breakfast. I was feeling good about myself, but I couldn't shake the nerves and unease about taking part in the shifted matches.

I made my usual orange juice and stuck to just a croissant today. I ate alone, wondering where Molly was considering she's usually up by 9 I've not seen her all week since she's been busy at the shop. Apparently tomorrow a group of wolves are arriving in hopes of finding their mates and the women were going mad for dresses.

It was a normal thing for a group of males from different packs to come together and travel together across every pack. They'd pick another unmated wolf up as they went along the search.

I finished my breakfast and checked my watch. It was already 9.40 AM, no thanks to my grumpy self not waking up at the first alarm. I placed my used dishes in the dishwasher and frowned at the state of the kitchen. Why was it so hard for people to put their plates away?

With a huff I began to collect the used dishes, scraping leftovers into the rubbish bins. Just as I began to stack them a croaky voice called to my attention.

"'My dear, what are you doing?"

I jolted upright, dirty glass in hand, to come face to face with an older woman. She was slightly hunched, her skin surprisingly tanned and wrinkled. She looked about seventy in human years, but I could feel that she was older. Call it my wolfy senses.

"I'm sorry I just don't like how they leave all these for you to tidy up." I apologised, bowing my head.

She hummed and walked closer to me. I held her gaze as she studied me and titled her head. I shuffled nervously, wondering what she was thinking about. Her small hand gently took the glass from mine, lingering on my fingers for longer than necessary.

"Now that's no job for you, dear." She tutted, her eyes flashing with her wolf.

Cel bristled inside of me and I shushed her to stay quiet. But she yipped again and called my attention.

'She smells different.' She grumbled. 'I'm getting a weird vibe from her.'

I sniffed discretely but smelt nothing but the old wolf and dirty dishes.

"Something caught your nose, my dear?" The old lady chuckled, stacking some glasses.

I shook my head and apologised again before finishing the rest of the dishes. She let me this time, and we stacked them in silence. Once I shut the doors she turned to me, one hand supporting her weight on the kitchen island.

"Thank you, dear. It's been a while since someone has helped me voluntarily." She smiled and took my hand.

Her hands felt unusually warm as they held one of mine between them. Cel bristled beneath me, hackles rising with curiosity.

"You're going to hit some obstacles Celimene that you must overcome." She smiled sadly.

"Sorry?" I wondered, feeling strange she knew my wolf's name.

She patted my hand and released it. "Don't you have somewhere to be?"

I blinked at her, unmoving as I studied her face. Her dark brown eyes seemed to have a certain twinkle in them before they faded, and chocolate brown was left in their wake. This old lady was giving me weird feelings.

I checked my watch anyway to see it was 10:05 already. I groaned and dropped the subject of the creepy old lady as I said goodbye and turned to walk away.

"Nice to meet you again." She called as I turned out of the kitchen.

Again? I've never seen that woman in my life. I went to ask Cel if she knew her, but she was circling deep in thought, so I left her to it. I'd deal with it later. I had to train.

***

Hey guysss.

The next chapter is the first of my paid bonus chapters. 

READ ON IF U NEED HELP WITH BYPASSING THIS

Question of the Day:
What event are you looking forward to most this year? A live music event? A holiday? A day out?

wc: 3089

© ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 2021 © XDeafening_SilenceX on Wattpad

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3M 105K 46
"You were made for me. And I, for you." His breath is right beside my ear and I tightly shut my eyes closed. He leans down closer. "I was made to lo...
6.2M 180K 40
Ava Carter was a 17 year old orphan. She was a member of the Crystal Blue Pack. She was the punching bag in her pack, as people usually walked all ov...
9.7M 150K 24
⚠️ ORIGINALLY TITLED SILENT LUNA ⚠️ After a terrible car accident when she was seven, Eirenae's life got turned upside down. Her father changed ever...
210K 8K 60
[COMPLETED] BOOK ONE of the LACKING HUMANITY SERIES * * * In a cold and damped cell lies a young she-wolf whose life is controlled by scientists. All...