The Original Taylor Daughter

By Ahsoka98

Hi, I'm Alice. Alice Taylor, not heard of me? Well, I'm not surprised but I'm the original daughter of Roger... More

Cast and Intro
A Rocky Start
Alice
Moment of Truth
Visiting
Uni Tour
A Stroke of Luck
Unplanned Christmas
Birthdays
Hiding
Phone Call
America
Tour Curse
School
Show and Tell
Different Sides of the Pond
Rockfield Farm
Bohemian Rhapsody
Diagnosis
Treatment Plan
So It Begins
Side Effects
Surgery
Back to School
Christmas Party
Free
The Press
Hyde Park
The Date
Beginning and Ending
New Home
Girl Bonding
Big Sister
New Style
The Good, Bad and Heartbreaking
High School
Feelings
School Party
Different Lives
True Style
Not You
Missing
Come Back
Live Aid
A Kind of Magic
List Complete
Grief
A/N
Moving On
Growing Up
News
18th Birthday
The Future
Shocking News
Reactions: Part 1
Reactions: Part 2
Studio
Brit Awards
Family Time
Siblings
Wedding Day
Montreux
Baby Boom
Father's Day
Saying Goodbye
Letting Go
Grieving
Watching Over
New Book!!!

Pets

1.3K 44 43
By Ahsoka98

Brian spent a week in hospital before he was discharged. He spent another week in his own bed with Alice nursing him.

Alice took charge of nursing her uncle, making sure he drinks plenty of water, feeds him soup until he has the energy to feed himself and making sure no one disturbs him while he sleeps.

She stayed at home with Brian nursing him while Roger, Freddie and John get straight back into the studio working on their third album.

After that week, Brian finally picked up a guitar again and went to the studio under Alice's watchful eye. He has to sit down at the moment while recording but it's a start and he's glad to be out of his room.

"I hear you had your own personal nurse tending to your every need," Freddie mused, perched on the arm of the sofa beside the guitarist while Roger records some overdubs.

"Honestly, I'm glad Alice was there, I think I would have starved and dehydrated if she hadn't looked after me," He was glad of the company too, she would read to him when he couldn't sleep during the day and if he needed anything she would go and get it for him.

"Hmm... a nurse in the making," John smiles joining the conversation, "So what's it going to be, Ally? Are you going to be a nurse or photographer? You have a knack for both."

"Photographer! I'm going to be Queen's photographer."

"Are you?" Freddie chuckles, "Well you do have a flair for it, maybe one day you will be, maybe you can have a trial run one day."

"Well don't rule out being a nurse," Brian ruffles her hair, "Your very good."

------

A week later Roger and Alice move out of the flat into their new home. Wanting to say thank you to Alice for looking after him, Brian decides, with Roger's approval, to get Alice the one thing she's always wanted.

And by approval, he means he'll get and Roger will have to live with it.

The boys help Roger move and a few days after they're settled into their new house, Brian knocks on the door and walks in.

"Bloody hell," Roger mutters seeing the golden retriever puppy in Brian's arms, "You got her a dog?"

"Yeah, to say thank you."

"A thank you would be to get her a new toy or take her for ice cream, not get a dog."

"Well he's here now and I'm not taking him back."

Roger knows he won't win anyway, "Why didn't you get her a small dog?"

"I was going but I saw him and he followed me about so I couldn't leave him. Besides, he is small for now," Brian fusses the puppy receiving kisses in return, "Is Alice in her room?"

Sighing, Roger nods giving the dog a fuss himself, "Alice! Come down here please."

Running can be heard on the landing and coming down the stairs, she races into the living room, "Close your eyes," Roger tells her, "Keep your eyes closed. Uncle Brian has a present for you to say thank you for looking after him."

He walks her forward as Brian puts the dog on the floor, the golden ball of fluff bounds over to the father-daughter duo nudging Alice's hand. She gasps, opening her eyes shock on her face, "A puppy?!"

Brian beams nodding, "Yep, he's all yours."

Tears fill her eyes, "He's mine?" She cuddles the puppy close, his little tail wagging excitedly licking her face.

"Yes, he's yours," Roger repeats smiling, "He'll need a lot of looking after. You'll need to train him and take him for walks."

She leaves the puppy where he is running over to Brian for a hug, "I love him thank you, thank you, thank you. I'll look after him, we'll go on so many walks and I'll play with him, he'll be the best looked after dog in the entire world."

"You're very welcome. He'll need a name," Brian points out returning the hug.

"Biscuit!"

Roger snorts, "You sure? Or are you just hungry?"

"Yep, I'm sure. He needs a collar, a bowl and a bed. He needs a lead, a harness and food."

Hearing the list she reels off Roger sighs thinking about the money but then he smirks, "Well why don't I stay here with Biscuit, get him settled while you go with uncle Brian to get what you need since he brought you the dog?"

"Oh yes please," Alice turns to her uncle excitedly, Brian's smile drops. He glares at Roger, eyeing Alice out the corner of his eye.

How can he say no? Biscuit doesn't help sitting beside Alice looking like he's smiling, "Go on then, get your shoes and coat on."

Waiting for them to leave, Roger turns to the puppy sat in the middle of the living room head tilted to one side, "Right buddy. Your job is to keep Alice busy, protect and comfort her when I'm not here. No stealing my drum sticks, don't trash the house and we'll get on fine."

The only reply he gets is Biscuit licking his face, "Thanks buddy, love you too but Alice is your main human so kiss her not me."

Brian and Alice come back an hour later with lots of stuff for Biscuit, dozens of toys and treats, a lead, a harness and a collar with his name on. Two bowls, poo bags, puppy training pads and two beds, one to go in the living room and the other to go in Alice's room though Brian is sure Biscuit well end up on Alice's bed.

"Biscuit," Alice comes barrelling in with his collar, "Look what I got you," She sits on his level clipping the collar around his neck, "Come on let's go play in the garden," She takes a ball with her, Biscuit following behind.

"How much stuff does one dog need?" Roger mutters, taking some stuff from Brian.

"A lot more than I realised," Brian admits, "Well, I've done my job he's all yours now," He grabs his car keys going over to the back door, "Bye Ally, bye Biscuit."

"Bye Uncle Brian, thank you for my dog," She waves absent-mindedly throwing the ball for the pup.

Smiling, Brian heads to the door Roger following behind, "When do you move in with Chrissie?"

"We should get the keys to the house next week and we can move in then. I'll see you in the studio, enjoy your new dog," He grins before getting in the car and driving away.

At first, Roger had a few doubts about Alice having a dog, even though he'd planned to do the same thing, he worried she'd get bored or Biscuit would destroy the house but after Brian brought Alice back, they played in the garden for hours.

Alice showed Biscuit every one of his new toys, she showed him his bed and her room. She showed him where his bowls are and basically gave the pup a tour of the house, Roger is pretty sure he won't remember any of that but it kept Alice busy.

The past week in the new house Alice has missed Brian being around, an extra person to talk to but now Biscuit is here Roger is hoping that will fill the gap.

Later in the evening Roger went into Alice's room to tuck her in a found his daughter fast asleep, Biscuit cuddled up next to her snoring softly. Chuckling he tucks the covers around the pair kissing Alice's forehead.

------

The next day, Alice decided she wanted to take Biscuit on his first walk to meet Freddie and John, Roger had to walk with her of course.

She walked with Biscuits lead in her hand and he trots along beside her, being a puppy Roger expected him to be a nightmare on the walk but he must already have a sense of obedience in him because every time Alice gives him a command he does it immediately.

Arriving at Freddie's flat, Alice takes a leaf out of Roger's book and bursts in like she owns the place, "Uncle Freddie! Aunt Mary, I've got a puppy!"

John and Veronica are sat in the couples living room talking to Mary, Freddie is currently nowhere to be seen, "Oh hello Uncle Deaky, Aunt V, look this is Biscuit. Uncle Brian got him for me."

"I do hope he's not going to bother my cats," Freddie raises an eyebrow coming out of the bathroom.

"He'd never do that," Alice turns to her pup telling him to sit and stay. She runs off and Biscuit looks back at Roger as if to say where is she going? Roger just reinforces the stay command.

"Does she like having a dog?" Veronica wonders eyeing the cute pup as he waits patiently for Alice to come back.

"They're never apart, he follows her everywhere. He's only been with us 24 hours and he listens to every command Alice or I give to him," He'd hate to admit it but he's already becoming fond of the little pup.

Biscuits tail drums against the floor as Alice comes back with Jerry in her hold, "Be nice Biscuit." She kneels in front of him letting her two favourite animals get to know each other before she sets Jerry on the ground.

To Freddie's relief, the two get on while Tom ignores the pup and Tiffany loves playing with Biscuits fluffy tail.

Mary smiles, watching Alice play with the animals, "She's going to be a heart breaker when she gets older."

Roger smirks but gives Mary a dead-serious look, "Not possible because she's never having a boyfriend."

"Oh, I look forward to the day she brings home a boyfriend," Freddie snickers.

John also smirks, "Yeah, we can interrogate him and see him off." Mary and Veronica share a look. Alice does not know how hard it's going to be with such a protective family to meet someone.

So, anyone who saw the post on my profile a few weeks ago might realise that Biscuits name comes from that. I didn't want to give any spoilers away so, I made it up.

Also, do you guys prefer shorter or longer chapters?

Small jump ahead.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1K 727 110
Happening between the year of 1971 and 2000, this story follows the first known Roger Taylor's groupie and how she wasn't exactly a groupie. The life...
7.8K 339 43
*NEW COVER BY ME!* *Previous cover by rogerthequeen on Instagram* Hi! This is my first fanfic I'm publishing. It may not be accurate but it's fiction...
115K 3.5K 117
It's the beginning of the summer of 1977. Final exams are over and 18 year old Monica Brannigan and her best friend Paula leave their troubled home c...