Anith: Beyond Space

By emjaywrites

Aliens are coming! Literally. As a shortage of men runs rampant on the earth, a shortage of women brings an e... More

01
2
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
11
12
13
14
15

10

9.2K 471 213
By emjaywrites

It took several days to get to the moon, but Roxanne managed to do it. It was...a bumpy landing.

Anith sighed, looking out. "It seems to be barren."

"Good," Roxanne said.

"It is not good. If nothing lives here, it's for a reason."

He put on a suit, pausing as Roxanne did the same.

"No, you will stay here," he instructed her.

"What?"

He took her helmet off. "You have done enough of the meddling. If I do encounter other life forms, I don't want you to...try to kill them."

"I'm not some crazed Murderer?!"

"No," he chuckled, "I am a crazed murderer. You...are a menace. The ship, lock the doors when I leave. Stay put Roxanne."

"Hey, wait don't leave me!" She called. He put his hand on her head.

"You cannot be held responsible for your actions, correct? Since I am the person who is closest to you now, I must be responsible for you. You will be fine. I will return soon."

Roxanne bit her lip. "Hey, hey, wait wait. Anith."

He paused. "Yes?"

"I..." she looked away. "They'll leave the planet. It's fine, you know? They'll get away. And earth will heal. That's all I wanted to do." She murmured.

Anith sighed. "Where I come from, you do not send viruses to kill those who pose a threat. You kill them with your bare hands."

Roxanne swallowed. "Do ya...do that often?"

Anith stared down at her fiercely making her shrink. "Yes."

She chuckled nervously. "Heh...oh."

"What I said stands. You will stay and accompany the ship. I won't go far. And by the way, the amount of gravity needed to leave the atmosphere here is very high."

"And what does that mean?"

Anith narrowed his eyes. "If you attempt to flee, I will know it. And I am strong enough, to bring this ship back to the ground. If you wish to strand yourself here for who knows how long, then try to leave."

He smiled. "Now then, I made you some snacks for the wait. And the juice of fruits!"

She rolled her eyes, plopping down. "Do you mean fruit juice?"

He cocked his head. "Have I mistranslated?"

"No, no. You're fine. Just hurry back."

Anith patted her head. "Will do!" He put on his helmet. "Though you have deceived me, used me, stranded me on a godforsaken moon, and almost had me killed, I still find you quite likable."

Roxanne snorted. "Yeah, thanks, Anith."

"You are most welcome, Roxanne!"

He opened the hatch stepping out. He sighed, looking around.

He took a few steps. The gravity wasn't too bad. He glanced back at the ship.

She wouldn't leave would she? No. Roxanne may have been reckless and dangerous, and crazed, and-

He glanced back. But surely...no. He adjusted his helmet. He was a warrior.

And she was his responsibility. Since he'd decided to have her as his woman, it was his duty to take care of her.

And keep her out of trouble.

He looked over the landscape. He needed to get her to Iohiri. He was sure she'd be happier there. Not to mention he had things to do.

Responsibilities. Duties. He lifted the soil to his face. Though she'd just say those were his favorite words and didn't he know how to have fun?

Fun. Everything was about fun with her. He sighed, letting the soil fall through his fingers. That and Earth.

"I just had to pick the most troublesome human possible," he murmured, looking up.

Roxanne sat at the controls, trying to understand Iohiri's symbols.

"Duty this, responsibility that," she grumbled, scribbling roughly. "He may as well be a robot. A blue, pretty, muscly robot."

She sighed, holding her head. Maybe he got eaten? Then again, she didn't think anything was large enough to eat him. Strong enough either.

She laid back. Banning her to the ship like some kind of hostage.

The ship hatch opened. Anith walked in, taking off his helmet.

"Alright. I found some stones that could probably be used as a power source. The position of the stars tells me we're in the same galaxy as Iohiri."

She stood. "That's great! I'll help-"

He held his hand up, getting out of the spacesuit. "I do not require assistance."

She rolled her eyes. "You never require assistance."

"That is because I am strong. If I were to have you out there, laboring for stones, I could never show my face, nor call myself a warrior."

She sighed, flopping on the bed.

"What can I do? I'm not used to doing nothing. You do everything, Anith. Absolutely everything."

"That is correct," he said simply, taking off his shirt. She watched him.

"Yeah well," she murmured, her eyes glued to his figure, "It's boring."

"If you require entertainment, I will find you something. Do you have anything in mind?"

"I wanna mine the power stones,"

He frowned. "Anything not including manual labor? How about you learn my language."

She held up her notebook. He narrowed his eyes. "You're actually quite good. You're very intelligent."

She huffed. "Could just anyone commit biological warfare, against the Genova convention under the nose of the supposed leader of the free world?"

He blinked. "...I suppose is no?"

"You bet your sweet blue ass the answer is no!" She grinned. "I am the best of the best!"

"At killing humans?"

She paused. "At keeping earth safe. I did what no one else could do."

Anith kneeled down in front of her. "It is a warrior's duty to bring death to those who deserve it."

"They're not gonna die," she sighed. "The threat of the virus will make them flee. Then earth can recover in peace."

He smiled, patting her head. "I see. What a kind woman you are."

She pouted. "Are you patronizing me?"

He frowned. "I'm afraid I'm not sure what that means,"

She sighed. For a warrior, he was a bit of a golden retriever. "It's nothing," she mumbled.

He smiled. "Good then."

Anith stood, turning around.

"Hey, Anith?"

"Yes?"

"Why are you doing this?" She looked away. "I mean...I'm sure you could've abandoned me a long time ago?"

Anith froze, letting out a sigh. "I've chosen you, Roxanne."

"What does that mean? Chosen me for what?"

He turned around, leaning against the side of the ship. "The day I saw you, I decided, I wanted you to be my partner. So unless you object, I will protect you."

Roxanne looked away. "Partner huh. Partners are 50-50. You barely let me do anything."

Anith sighed. "You've got to get over your obsession with labor. I like you, Roxanne."

She looked up at him. "I...I like you too."

He kissed her head. "I'm glad."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

221K 5.2K 55
❝ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. ❞ kate martin x fem! oc
42.1K 2.6K 40
Luna is a girl born with the gift of controlling water. She has to hide her gift as she works as an army medic. Kai also known as the "bloody prince"...
Berenstein By ⠀

Fanfiction

8.4K 456 6
I love you, always. Time is nothing. WALLY WEST © 𝖇𝖆𝖞𝖕𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖘
106K 1.4K 51
𝐈𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 , 𝐀𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐲𝐚𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐧 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐡...