Harry Potter: Heart Of A Myst...

By WinterWolf-99

Sirius Black is the father of all godfathers and he will do anything to prove it. He knows that his godson ne... More

Chapter One: The Nature Mage
Chapter Two: Some Sirius Thoughts
Chapter Three: Crashing An Order Meeting
Chapter Four: Picking Up Harry
Chapter Five: Harry Arrives
Chapter Six: Forming A Plan
Chapter Seven: Godfather-Godson Bonding
Chapter Eight: Heart Of... No... Flower Of Gold
Chapter Nine: Setting The Plan In Motion
Chapter Ten: I Hate Politics
Chapter Eleven: Olivia Showing Who Is Boss
Chapter Twelve: First Sign Of Powers
Chapter Thirteen: Change Of Weather
Chapter Fourteen: Birthday Blow Up
Chapter Fifteen: A True Friend
Chapter Sixteen: Preparing To Leave
Chapter Eighteen: A Lesson On Mystic Souls
Chapter Nineteen: Arriving At Crystal Rose
Chapter Twenty: Touring Crystal Rose
Chapter Twenty-One: Mystic Souls Aplenty
Chapter Twenty-Two: New School New Houses
Chapter Twenty-Three: Every Rose Has Its Thorns
Chapter Twenty-Four: Do Not Mess With A Rose
Chapter Twenty-Five: Legacies
Chapter Twenty-Six: Some Sirius Progress
Chapter Twenty-Seven: A Storm Is Coming
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Once Is A Coincidence, Twice Is Magic
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Unblocking The Block
Chapter Thirty: Breaking The Block
Chapter Thirty-One: The Start of Something New
Chapter Thirty-Two: What Else Can I Do
Chapter Thirty-Three: Control The Storm
Chapter Thirty-Four: First Real Day As Crystal Rose Students
Chapter Thirty-Five: Light And Dark Debate
Chapter Thirty-Six: How A Mystic Fights
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Olivia Is The Best Lawyer Ever
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Padfoot & Boreas
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Dealing With The Bumblebee
Chapter Forty: Potion Commotion
Chapter Forty-One: Cutting The Strings
Chapter Forty-Two: No Apologies
Chapter Forty-Three: Creature Feature
Chapter Forty-Four: Order of the Fried Chickens
Chapter Forty-Five: A New Teacher And Friend
Chapter Forty-Six: Mystic Spark
Chapter Forty-Seven: Might Of A Hurricane
Chapter Forty-Eight: Power of the Mind
Chapter Forty-Nine: All Hallows' Eve Introduction
Chapter Fifty: A Sacred Sabbat
Chapter Fifty-One: Reunion
Chapter Fifty-Two: The Attack
Chapter Fifty-Three: Never Mess With Crystal Rose
Chapter Fifty-Four: Olivia Rocks The Court
Chapter Fifty-Five: Heart of the Storm
Chapter Fifty-Six: A Sirius Confrontation

Chapter Seventeen: We're Going On A Trip

7.1K 259 155
By WinterWolf-99

Harry walked down the stairs as his trunk had been shrunk and was now hidden in his pocket. It had a function where it could grow and shrink whenever certain passcodes were said to it. He was no actually doing any of the magic since the trunk itself was enchanted, so it was very useful if the ministry tried another of their underage magic schemes on him again. 

Sirius and Krinos walked behind him. None of them were really ready to deal with what was probably more headaches about to be given to them by the annoying trio and the banshee that two of them call a mother.

As Sirius watched his godson make his way down the stairs, he hoped that something would come out of all of the planning that he, Remus, and Olivia did. Harry meant everything to him and he would do anything and everything that he could to keep him safe and happy. He was not about to let anything happen to him when he was able to do something about it. Crystal Rose would hopefully be the place where Harry could finally get time to be himself with no looming threat of death hanging over his head.

Mystic souls might deal with demons a lot, but that was nothing compared to a thousand-year-old basilisk, a hundred dementors, a Hungarian Horntail, and a possessed teacher with a second face growing out of the back of his head. So, even if any demons get into the school, it was still safer for Harry than Hogwarts has been the past four years. Especially if the other mystic souls were able to unlock his powers. He was definitely looking forward to seeing Harry becoming a master of weather magic if Harry wanted his powers unlocked.

"Welcome back, Krinos," Remus smiles as he sees the nature mage walking down the stairs as they all come down to the ground floor.

"Thanks, Remus," Krinos smiled back. "Just thought to pop in make sure Harry was alright. With the idiots that run this country, they might not like how Olivia sued them over their slander against him. They might do more than just send dementors after him."

"So, you actually think that it was someone in the ministry and not Voldemort," Sirius asked the nature mage.

It had not been discussed at length, but Sirius, Remus, and Olivia had not been sure who had actually tried to kill Harry this time. Voldemort would easily have been the number one suspect had it not been for the fact that he had just returned a few months ago, so they doubted that he would have the strength to gain control over the dementors again. Plus, there was no way that he would let anyone or anything other than himself kill Harry. 

And since the ministry had been slandering Harry all summer, it made sense for one of the more corrupt ministry officials to try and use the creatures to try and "shut Harry up." And even when they had failed, the underage magic trial was another chance for them to get Harry out of the way. Whoever did it just did not count on Harry knowing the patronus charm or that he would have a very good lawyer for the trial.

"I just do not think that making a move on Harry so soon would be Voldemort's style if he wanted to keep himself secret," Krinos says. "If Harry, his biggest target, were to be killed, then that might prove that Harry was telling the truth about his return."

"That is a very logical train of thought," Kingsley said.

Kingsley, Mad-Eye Moody, and Tonks were all there to escort them all to King's Cross to make sure that they, mostly Harry, were safe from any other attempts on his life. Though, only Kingsley looked to actually care about Harry while the other two were more focused on everyone but him.

"As a mystic soul, we usually figure out what demons we are dealing with by looking at their victims," Krinos explained. "So, logical detective work is what most of us are used to."

"You seriously need to stop telling such tall tales," Hermione glared at the nature mage. "Mystic souls are not real. Magic without a wand is impossible!"

"I see that she is still delusional," Krinos barely even acknowledged her existence. 

"Annoying isn't it," Fred said.

"And impossible to get used to," George added.

"She should be thankful to have not met my sister, yet," Krinos stated. "Melody does not take insults hands down. The last demon that insulted her was thrown off a cliff by her sonic scream."

"Even knowing that, I still want to meet her," Harry tells him.

"Melody has that effect on people," Krinos chuckled. "She also says that she can't wait for when she was able to meet you as well."

"Considering that you say that she is like a real-life siren, I look forward to it," Harry said. "I love music."

"I will make sure to tell her that," Krinos smiled.

"Now, as much as I like you two being such good friends, Harry really needs to get to the Hogwarts Express," Sirius tells them.

The blatant way that Sirius just ignored everyone else that needed to get going as well was not missed by Harry. But other than Fred and George, it was not like he really cared about anyone else that much considering how annoying and rude they have been. Especially to Krinos and Olivia.

"Oh, that's no issue," Krinos smirked.

"Uh oh," Remus recognized the look of mischief in Krinos's eyes.

Sirius was fast enough to change into his grim form when he saw Krinos about to raise his arms up. Though, he knew that Krinos was slower on purpose to give him the time needed to change. And then, with a raising of his arms, everyone vanished in a swirl of leaves and flower petals.

*****

Their sudden appearance on the platform was definitely noticed by other parents that were there to see their children off to Hogwarts. But it was not like a swirl of leaves and flower petals is one of the most subtle things in the world.

Harry was close to falling but was caught by Fred and George. Having taken to apparating a lot around Number 12, the twins were not as disoriented as everyone else. But Harry did quickly get his composure back and noticed where they were. Krinos had teleported everyone that wanted to go to the platform directly onto it.

"Wow," he gasped.

"You're welcome," Krinos smirked again.

"Okay, you are officially now one of my favorite people ever," Harry grinned, happy to have now experienced mystic soul magic being used on him.

"Aw, you flatter a boy," Krinos teased him.

"Harry," the glasses-wearing boy heard nearby, turning to see his friend Neville looking shocked as other people on the platform.

"Hey, Neville," Harry greeted his fellow Gryffindor.

"When did you... How did you... Huh," Neville was speechless and could not find the right question to ask.

"Well, you have another friend around, now, so that is my cue to leave," Krinos stated. "I am not about to hang around and get another headache from that banshee and the annoying trio. Peace out, suckers."

Giving them the peace sign, he then vanished in another floral swirl. Neville was speechless once again as he looked at Harry.

"I will explain everything, I promise," Harry tells him.

He then turned to Remus, Kingsley, and Sirius. The latter still in his dog form. Sirius whimpered a little bit as he now had to say goodbye to Harry again after only having him around for a little over a month. Plus, Hogwarts has not exactly been the safest place in the world for Harry these past few years.

"Don't worry, Padfoot," Remus gave his friend/dog a pat on the head. "Harry will be fine."

"I will stay safe just for you, Snuffles," Harry softly grinned as he used his teasing nickname for Sirius's dog form. "I will see you during the holidays."

"We look forward to that, Harry," Remus smiled back at him.

Harry gave his godfather and honorary godfather a hug each. But it was obvious to both men that one of the last things that Harry wanted to do was let go of either of them. But he had to do it eventually, so he let go and then followed Neville onto the train. The twins soon followed the two on.

The rest were still barely getting their composure back after Krinos had floral swirled them to the platform. And it was not like Sirius, Remus, or Kingsley could blame the nature mage for high-tailing it out of there before they did get their composure back and started to yell at him for what he did. But, it was entertaining to see all the annoying people looking like they were about to throw up. They deserved it for how they had been acting all summer.

"You've known Krinos and his family for longer, Kingsley," Remus turned to their Auror friend. "You think that they can really help us pull this plan off."

Kingsley nodded. "If there is one thing that would perfectly describe the Gardna family, it would be their pure and honorable hearts. They always do the right thing, especially when others always do the easy thing."

Sirius barked a few times, trying to get across that he believed in the family as well.

"I am not doubting them, but more like how difficult this plan is," Remus says. "Dealing with both Voldemort and Dumbledore is not exactly easy."

"Then it is a good thing that to mystic souls, the hard way is also the most fun way," Kingsley smirked.

He flashed his eyes at the man and dog, telling them both something about Kingsley that they did not know before. But it did make them more relaxed since they now knew that he knew exactly what he was talking about. He had personal experience.

Harry, Neville, Fred, and George soon all found a compartment to sit in soon after the train got moving once all the students were on the train and it got to eleven in the morning. It was mostly empty expert for a single blond girl that was reading a magazine upside-down. She looked sweet and innocent, so none of them were really bothered by her. Plus, the twins seemed to know her.

"Hey, Luna," they both greeted her as they came in and sat down.

The blond lowered her magazine, smiling at the twins.

"Hello, Fred, George," she greeted them back. "I see you have brought me some company. Greetings, Harry Potter and Neville Longbottom."

Harry and Neville exchanged looks at how this girl already knew who they were even without even introducing themselves to her. 

"Relax, you two. Luna's cool," Fred said.

"She's lived close to the Burrow her whole life," George added.

"Plus, she is like us," Fred smirked.

"Just lets all the crazy come out," George snickered.

"You two say crazy, I say seeing things in ways that others do not," Luna sweetly smiled, talking in a dreamy tone. "I am glad you seemed to have gotten rid of the nargles, though."

"Might not last for long," Fred commented.

"They always find ways of coming back," George says.

"Just take the peace when you get it," Luna tells them. "The nargles will be busy until there is nothing new left to talk about."

Harry and Neville had no idea what was being said, nor did they know anything about nargles, but Luna did seem like a very sweet girl. Plus, Harry did not know why, but Luna gave off this aura of warmth and trustworthiness that was very different than what he had been feeling all summer around his so-called friends.

Neville was the one that broke the silence. His curiosity over what he had seen on the platform won over his need to ask Luna what the heck she was talking about.

"Harry, what happened out there," he asked his friend. "How did you guys appear in that swirl of plants and then that one guy vanishes in another swirl of it?"

"His name is Krinos, Neville," Harry starts explaining. "He is a mystic soul."

Neville's eyes widened. Harry had figured that as a pureblood, Neville would know that they existed. He had just not been sure if his friends had been just as against them as most of the others that Krinos and Olivia had come across at Sirius's house.

"I am surprised that any dared to come into Britain," Neville says. "Mystic souls are generally hated by almost the entire country."

"From how you sound," Fred started.

"We take it you do not agree with them," George finished.

"No, I don't agree," Neville says. "There have been a few mystic souls in the Longbottom family tree and I know that there is nothing to fear about them. The ministry and most people here might think that they are monsters out to destroy us, but those people are dumber than trolls."

Harry had never seen Neville so outspoken before. Neville was usually so shy and timid that speaking his mind was not something that Harry thought that Neville could even do. But it seems that the topic was so important to Neville that he had actually forgotten about his normal personality for a minute.

"Well said, Neville ol' boy," Fred patted the Herbology expert on the shoulder.

"Very well said, indeed," George patted him as well.

Neville blushed, having just realized just how outspoken that he had just been. But he did not take back anything that he had said.

"I do agree with you, Neville," Harry says. "Krinos and his cousin, Olivia, have been visiting a lot over the summer and I have grown very fond of them. Krinos especially."

"Mystic souls should never be ridiculed or hated just for being who they are," Neville says. "They are born as mystic souls just as we are born as wand-using wizards. There is nothing wrong with them. They are just powerful, that's it."

"People fear what they don't understand and hate what they can't conquer," Luna says. "Andrew Smith said that and I do agree with him."

"Exactly," Neville agreed with Luna.

"The Lovegood family is also known for being very accepting and have also had mystic souls in our family tree as well," she says. "My mum was one."

"She was," the twins gasped.

Luna nodded, shocking the twins. Neither of them had any idea that Pandora Lovegood had been a mystic soul. They had both loved Luna's mum. She had been more of a mother to them than Molly ever was. Pandora was a sweet and kind woman that saw the beauty in everything. She had accepted them and their pranking ways while Molly basically hated them for it. The twins had spent almost every dinner with the Lovegoods since Pandora was both a great cook as well as such a loving person. They had been devastated when they learned about her death when one of her experimental spells went wrong. And while they could not go over to the Lovegood house as often, they still spent time with Luna when they could.

"Mystic souls are a lot more common than most in this country would like to think," Neville says.

"No kidding," Harry says. "Krinos is actually amazing and Olivia even helped me get out of trumped-up charges that the ministry tried to place against me for underage magic. She also sued them and the Prophet for their slander against me."

"I wondered why they had not written about you in a month," Neville said.

"Olivia really does great work," Harry smirked. "Anyway, Krinos is a nature mage and he can do just about anything with his powers over nature. That was how we got here and how he left. He calls it floral swirling."

"I thought the sight was beautiful," Luna smiled. "The flower knows what he is doing and hopes to help the weather mage unlock who he really is."

Harry and Neville gave her another look, but they were not gonna say anything. They were starting to get that Luna just talked like that and it was just the way she was.

"So, how did you guys..." Neville was just about to ask when he was interrupted.

Ron and Hermione, who had probably just finished Prefect duties, had come into the compartment. Harry did not miss the look of annoyance that Ron sent at Luna. He obviously had a very different opinion of her than the twins did.

"What are you doing here, Loony," Ron asked and insulted her at the same time.

"Ron," Harry glared at his supposed best friend. "Don't call Luna that! She has not done anything! Apologize!"

Ron did not. He just looked shocked that Harry actually told him to apologize before he glared at the ground and grumbled as he sat down. Harry rolled his eyes, used to Ron not accepting when he has done something wrong, and turned back to Neville.

"You were saying, Nev," he asked.

"Oh, right," Neville remembered his question. "How did you meet Krinos?"

Hermione huffed but got no attention other than some side glances from Neville and Luna.

"Krinos and his cousin are friends of my godfather," Harry left out that Sirius was his godfather, not wanting to scare his friend. "They came over to visit and have been helping with all this Voldemort stuff as well as just generally being great company. Krinos's nature magic is amazing and he even grew an entire garden with just a wave of his hand."

"Yeah, mystic souls have always been powerful," Neville says.

"Don't tell me that you believe all that fake stuff too, Neville," Hermione huffed again, annoyed. "Magic without wands is impossible. Mystic souls are fake and that boy needs to stop lying about having these powers."

"Hermione," Harry was getting so tired of her not accepting that she was wrong. "You may not believe in mystic souls, but that does not make them any less real. So stop trying to shove your beliefs down the throats of those that do not believe the same thing as you. Krinos is a mystic soul, Olivia is a mystic soul, there are entire communities of mystic souls. So, just stop trying to convince us that they are not real when that is not true."

Hermione could only just stare at Harry, having never been talked to like that by him before. And even if she had started talking again, Harry was just gonna ignore her for the entire train ride.

*****

And Harry actually did ignore her for the entire ride on the Hogwarts Express. Even when she tried to talk to him, which was mostly to yell at him for "daring to talk to her like that," he acted like she did not exist. That only made her angrier, but he did not care. He just talked with Neville, the twins, and Luna for the rest of the ride.

And after arriving at Hogwarts and getting to the Great Hall, he had to wave goodbye to Luna as she skipped her way over to the Ravenclaw table. He definitely now understood some of what she had meant. Nargles must have been her own way of describing bullies or just general annoyances. So, when she had mentioned nargles on the train before, she had been talking about Ron and Hermione.

Harry was certainly going to be spending a lot more time with Neville, the twins, and even Luna this year. They were showing to be better friends than Ron and Hermione had been. 

As they all sat down and the first-year students were sorted, Harry looked over at the Hufflepuff table. He soon spotted Cedric, who was now going to be in his last year of Hogwarts. Cedric caught Harry looking at him and he smiled at the younger boy. Harry smiled back, glad that they both had managed to survive what had happened at the graveyard.

After the new students were all sorted, Dumbledore stood up to make his beginning of the year speech as usual.

"Welcome to Hogwarts, students old and new," he said. "I have a few announcements to make before we begin the feast. First, I would like to introduce you all to your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Delores Umbridge."

He motioned to the teacher's table and they all saw a woman dressed entirely in pink. But she also had a face that looked as if she was part-toad or frog. She looked to be trying to smile sweetly, but the look in her eyes said that she probably hated children even more than Filch did. And that says something.

"I know that creatures and humans can have children together," Harry whispered to Neville. "But could one of her parents actually be a toad?"

Neville had to try very hard not to burst into laughter. He may be the future Lord Longbottom, but that did not mean that he actually had to like the employees at the ministry.

"I also have some very exciting news to share as well," Dumbledore continued.

"Oh, bloody hell," Harry complained.

He could also see that Cedric had gone a little pale as well. The last time something "exciting" had happened at Hogwarts, they both nearly died.

"Hogwarts has been invited to another school for the year to learn magic through their eyes," Dumbledore continued. "This is a very unique and amazing opportunity for us to learn the magic of another culture as well as see how things are different from how we do things at Hogwarts." 

The students all started to mutter to each other and whisper. Something like this has never happened at Hogwarts before, so no one knew what to make of it or even how to really react. The Ravenclaws were glad for the chance to learn more, the Hufflepuffs wanted to make sure they did not offend those in another country, the Slytherins wondered about the laws and politics of the other country, and the Gryffindors were ready for any challenges ahead.

"The way that things will work is that you will all attend classes with the other students and the teachers will also be going to classes as well that go with their own classes that they would be teaching here," Dumbledore continued. "This is the perfect opportunity to make new friends, learn new magic, and bond with a fellow magical community."

And, in his mind, it was also another place where he could collect other soldiers to fight in the war while he would still collect all the glory after Harry died fighting Voldemort or he took care of the Potter brat himself.

"Next week, the school will send the transportation needed that will bring us to their school, where we will be living and learning for the next year," Dumbledore keeps going. "Your parents, as well as the ministry, have all already given their approval, so there is no worry about that. I know that you will all enjoy this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to get more knowledge, friends, and skills for the future. I also know that you will all be on your best behavior once we arrive there as well."

Harry rolled his eyes, knowing that Hogwarts was more a school of bullies and sheep than witches and wizards. If a student was not being a bully, they were following a bully. the number of actual good students that he has met, he could count on one hand and was not afraid to cut off fingers. Not that you can really expect the students to be any better when Snape was probably the biggest bully of them all and he was supposed to be a teacher.

"Now, I know you all are wondering which school you will be attending for the year," Dumbledore says. "Well, Hogwarts has been invited to the Greek magical school of the Crystal Rose Academy of Mysticism."

There were even more mutterings and whispering of the students. Most of them had not a single clue as to what school Crystal Rose even was. But Harry already knew, and his eyes widened when he heard the name.

"Oh. Bloody. Freaking. Hell," he swore.

"You alright, Harry," Neville asked him.

"Do you know anything," Fred started.

"About Crystal Rose, mate," George finished.

"That's Krinos's school," Harry tells the three in a whisper. "It's where he and his sister go and where Olivia went to school as well."

"So... you're saying... Crystal Rose..." Neville could barely get any words out.

"Crystal Rose is a school for mystic souls," Harry says.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 260 7
Alexander Altair Black, the son of the infamous Sirius Black, found little enjoyment in life as the sole heir of a family known for nothing but its d...
861K 23.7K 34
It's post war and Harrison 'Harry' James potter is depressed. He's depressed that all these people gave up their lives for him. So in his sleep he ju...
695K 16.6K 85
Diana Faye Lupin The twin Sister of Remus Lupin. The only girl who's immune to a Certain boy's flirtirous actions. The last girl you'd expect to fall...
71 0 11
he is the prince of a whole kingdom. all I am is his stable boy. but there's something special between us. something nothing and no one could ever t...