How to Destroy a Rich Boy

By miadaley17

How do you get your hands on a whole load of cash? By manipulating an ego-centric rich boy, that's how. Soph... More

Welcome
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-nine
Chapter Seventy

Chapter Ten

9K 725 837
By miadaley17

As I led Nathan through my apartment door, I felt a wave of insecurity run through me. 

My flat looked like an absolute mess. There were half-eaten take-out boxes, askew items of clothing, and random magazine piles scattered around the apartment. 

"I swear, I'm usually tidier than this. I just wasn't expecting visitors," I rambled out with a nervous laugh.

"Hmm, I can see that," Nathan retorted drily; as he kicked a plastic cup that was sitting near the end of his foot. 

His judgment was radiating off him in waves, and I couldn't help but wonder how pathetic my apartment must look compared to his.

"Anyway, let's work down here," I said as I flopped myself down onto my sofa. "Come sit," I said as I patted the space beside me. 

He was just about to, but then I watched as his eyes drew to the pizza box which was wedged up against the armrest.

"Oh, wait, sorry, that's my breakfast," I said with an awkward chuckle as I pulled the pizza box into my lap.

Nathan hesitantly sat down beside me and raised an eyebrow. "Your breakfast?" he scoffed.

 "Yeah," I shrugged. "Leftover pizza is the best kind of breakfast," I stated flatly.

I flipped open the lid of the pizza box with a smile and popped the rest of the half-eaten pizza slice into my mouth. As I chewed, I felt Nathan's eyes digging into the side of my face and feeling uncomfortable, I turned to face him. 

"What?" I mumbled as I clumsily raised a hand over my mouth. 

Nathan's eyes flickered between the pizza slice and my lips, and he wrinkled his nose a little. "How can you eat that? It hasn't even been refrigerated?" he scoffed.

"It's only been out for a couple hours relax, fancy pants," I teased.

He rolled his eyes. "Whatever, let's just get started so I can leave," he grumbled. 

I watched as he bent down and pulled his laptop from his bag, and immediately my eyes narrowed in on him.

"What the fuck, Nathan? You had a laptop, yet you still sat throughout that lecture taking no notes?" I said, letting out an incredulous scoff.

He didn't bother to look up at me and stared onwards at his screen. "I don't need to take notes, he said simply.

"And why not?" I asked.

"Because it's a waste of time, listening is better than taking notes," he explained flippantly.

"It's not a waste of time; it helps you learn," I protested. 

He lifted his head to look at me, and his eyes lit up in amusement as though he got some sick pleasure at seeing me annoyed. 

"Hmm, sure, keep convincing yourself you're not wasting your time," he chuckled.

I gave him a dirty look, feeling too pissed to even respond. He didn't seem at all bothered and started to type away on his laptop with a little smile on his face. 

Unsympathetic little bastard...

I shuffled closer to him on the sofa, so I could see his screen better. As my leg brushed up against his, I felt him stiffen, but he didn't move away. I smiled a little at the small sign of progress.

 I awkwardly cleared my throat. "So, let's get started. Why do you reckon fewer women are studying economics compared to men?"

He reclined back on the sofa with a sigh. "Simple - because they'd rather be the next Kim Kardashian, influencer, wanna-bee," he muttered slyly.

 I narrowed my eyes on him. "Are you trying to imply girls only care about their looks? Because if you are, you're a sexist pig!" I spat, my voice quivering with rage. 

I know I was supposed to be acting warmer to him, but I couldn't bring myself to give a flying fuck.

His eyes washed over my face in amusement. "Simmer down, Miss feminist, I purposely said that to rile you up. And like the idiot you are, you fell for it," he chuckled. 

My lips pressed tightly together, and soon my face started to grow hot. Not knowing what else to say, I reached out and gave him a harsh shove.

He swore and almost toppled off the sofa, but he just about managed to steady himself and his laptop.

He shot me a nasty look. "Fucking hell Sophie, this laptop costs over two-thousand fucking pounds," he spat out angrily.

"Well, it's your own fault for buying a ridiculously over-priced laptop. I got mine for two hundred," I said with an innocent smile. "And besides, your rich anyway, can't you buy a new one?" I argued.

"Just because I can afford a new one doesn't mean I'm not going to treat my belongings with respect," he snapped sassily.

I rolled my eyes. "Alright, alright, I'm sorry," I said.

I sat up straighter and nodded my head back to his laptop. "Anyway, back to the topic. The reason why I think there are fewer women in economics is that many people believe that economics is only for those interested in working in the financial and corporate sectors. They do not realize how much broader the career options are and how economics can have an influence on things all the way from crime to infectious diseases. Not to mention-"

Nathan intercepted my speech with a loud and obnoxious yawn. "Oh, god, are you done blabbing on yet?" he groaned rudely.

Before I could second guess myself, my hand lunged for the nearest cushion. Then swinging it with all my might, I whacked him roughly around the face with a satisfied grin. 

The sound of his muffled oomph filled my heart with a warm feeling of satisfaction. He quickly ripped the pillow away from his face and glared back at me. 

"What the hell is your problem!" he hissed.

 "What?" I mumbled as I blinked back at him with feigned innocence. "Somebody had to wipe that awful smirk off your face, didn't they?" I smiled.

He scoffed. "Don't bother with the wide eyes. Your cuteness doesn't mean I'm going to condone your violence," he huffed.

 A snort escaped my lips before I fully broke out into full uncontained bouts of laughter. Nathan stared back at me blankly. 

"Woah, Woah, Woah, Woah, hold on a second," I mumbled as I started to sober up. "Did you seriously admit that you think I'm cute?" I teased as I raised my eyebrows sky-high. 

His look of annoyance was swiftly replaced with one of absolute panic, and he manically shook his head from side to side.

"Hey, hey, no. I didn't mean it like that, I didn't mean it like that," he stammered out frantically, as his eyes widened to the size of saucers.

His panic only made me laugh harder. "Aww, my poor, Natalie's embarrassed," I cooed as I reached out to squeeze his cheeks.

He dodged my hands with a frustrated grunt. "I hate you," he snapped.

My giggling soon subsided, and I focused my attention back on his laptop screen. As I did, my eyes caught onto an interestingly named folder listed halfway down his list of documents.

 I shuffled closer and pointed a finger at it. "Hey, why does that one say Nathan's journal? You have a diary?" I snickered. 

Nathan swore and quickly clicked off of that screen. "Mind your own business," he snapped.

"No way, you totally have a diary. This is priceless. What kind of stuff do you write in it?" I probed.

 I made a dramatic show of clearing my throat. "Dear diary, I think my dick might be too small. Last night, the girl I was fucking told me she couldn't feel it. I'm super bummed out...," I said imitating him in an overly deep voice.

Nathan glared at me with so much spite that I was surprised I wasn't knocked out the room by the force of it alone. "Are you actually mentally okay, or does this shit naturally come to your head?" he spat.

"Ooo, sorry," I winced. "Did my small dick comment hit a little too close to home?" I said as I slowly blinked my eyes back at him with feigned sympathy.

 Confusingly, this time he didn't scowl at all, and instead, his mouth twisted into a smirk. "You know what; I'm not even going to snap at you. I'm actually flattered that you've taken such an interest in my dick, Sophie," he said, beaming back at me. 

My smile quickly faded from my face. "That's not what I-"

"Sure, it wasn't," he interrupted with a snort. 

With his eyes firmly set on mine, he slid closer to me, and I swallowed, feeling nervous with the evil look that was sparkling wildly in his eyes. He moved his lips briefly up to my ear, causing me to stiffen.

 "And for the record, I've never had any complaints about my performance in bed - and certainly not about my dick. Want to see why?" he taunted with a smirk.

 I followed his gaze downwards, and then I watched as his hand moved slowly to rest over the zip of his jeans. 

This immediately snatched back my attention, and I slapped a hand over his wrist to stop him. "Woah, Woah, Woah easy their lover boy. I know you whip out your dick for a lot of chicks, but I'm going to have to kindly ask you to leave it in your pants, okay?" I explained quickly.

Nathan snickered and moved his hand slowly away. "I'm only joking. I'm not going to randomly pull out my dick," he snickered. But I'm sure you wouldn't mind, would you?" he said with a cocky smirk. I smirked.

"Yeah, you're right, I wouldn't. It would make it a lot easier for me to chop it off," I chirped with a simple smile.

Nathan's smile faded, and he swallowed. "And on that note...I shall be sitting back over there again," he murmured slowly as he shifted back to his original place on the sofa.

I shook my head at him in amusement. "You're such a little scaredy-cat, aren't you?" I snickered.

 "If being a scaredy-cat means I get to still keep my dick, then so be it," he said simply.

I rolled my eyes. "Anyway, enough talk about your dick, let's get back to work," I said as I leaned his way, so I could get a view of his screen. 

By some miracle, Nathan managed to keep his rude comments to himself, and we managed to get a good solid twenty minutes of work done.

Nathan leaned forward and was about to explain something when he paused abruptly. I knitted my eyebrows in confusion as he adjusted himself a little on his seat. 

"Hold on...what on earth is that?" He asked slowly, as he started to shift uncomfortably, "Your sofa's all lumpy," he said as he continued to fidget. Finally fed up, he proceeded to shove his hand underneath the sofa cushion before pulling out a scrap of material.

Correction, a very embarrassing scrap of material.

Nathan Woods fingers were wrapped around the flimsy straps of my bright pink push-up bra. He held it high, so it dangled embarrassingly in front of both of our faces. 

Please kill me.

I had shoved it down there a while I was watching a movie, and I kind of forgot I put it there. An awkward silence ensued, and not knowing what else to do, I slowly sunk down the sofa in embarrassment.

Nathan quirked up an eyebrow at me, his eyes shining with a playful light. 

"Is this...is this yours?" he asked slowly. His mouth twitched slightly as though he was trying to fight the urge to laugh. 

"No!" I said quickly.

"Are you sure? Because it looks around your size," he said as he flickered his eyes between my chest and the bra with a smirk on his face.

I gave him a swift slap to his shoulder. "Don't look at my boobs," I scolded.

He tilted his head, and his eyes flashed with challenge. "Boobs? What boobs? All I see are two oddly shaped watermelons," he spat.

I looked at him for a long time, then slowly, my eyes narrowed. "What did you say?" I asked slowly, my voice quivering with an incredible amount of threat. 

He smirked and leaned closer. "You heard me. I said you had watermelon boobs," he whispered.

 "That's it, you're dead!" I screamed. My plan for friendship was instantly forgotten, and all I saw was red.

Nobody insults Sophie Wright's boobs, nobody! 

Without a second thought, I swung my foot up onto the couch and gave him a harsh jab to the back. Nathan let out a startled grunt and flew off the sofa. He hit the floor with a loud thud, and his laptop skidded off somewhere to the side. He let out a long-pained groan and rolled over onto his back.

 Before he got the chance to clamber back to his feet, I threw myself on top of him and shoved his shoulders roughly into the ground. 

"Take it back," I screamed.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" he murmured as he looked up at me in shock.

 "I said take it back," I hissed in between gritted teeth. 

"No way," he laughed. 

As I was about to go for his neck, I was suddenly knocked off balance. I barely got a chance to let out a breath of air before his arms were at my waist, and the two of us rolled until my back was pinned down against the ground. 

Startled, I looked up to find Nathan's sharply colored eyes staring down at me. He leered down at me with a highly cocky look on his face. His legs were parted and placed on either side of my torso and his hands on either side of my head.

Come on, Sophie, fight. Knock him on his arse.

 I swallowed as he lowered his head, and brushed his lips up against my ear. And for some reason, I sort of laid underneath him rigid. 

 "You can give a good kick, I'll give you that, but when it comes to pinning someone down, I'll always be superior," he whispered roughly against my ear.

 His comment was enough to drive back my anger, and I was seconds away from jabbing my knee into his groin, but then I stopped myself as I heard the rustle of keys. Shortly after, I heard a long creek as my front door swung wide open. I froze from my position under Nathan.

Both of us turned our heads sharply towards the direction of the door. 

Brandon stood staring at us with both his eyebrows raised in shock. Finally, after several bouts of awkward silence, he cleared his throat. 

"Well, damn, you guys move fast," Brandon whistled. 

------------------------------

Author's note:

So, yeah that just happened. Don't you guys just love it when a hot moment is made from someone trying to attack the other person. It's the kind of adorable thing that warms my heart. 

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the chapter xx

Next Update: Friday (6-8 PM UK time)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.5K 1.9K 12
Tziporah Summers relocates to Heartwood, Australia, where she's pulled into a murder investigation by an attractive, brilliant, yet socially awkward...
860K 28.9K 34
"Your mouth may say you hate me," he whispered, "But your hands...they say otherwise." His eyebrows raised pointedly at my touch on his chest, face w...
3.5M 106K 65
❝ I don't have time to waste thinking about a boy who will only destroy my future,❞ I say getting closer to him with every word, maybe a little too c...
345K 13K 54
Meet Rachel Brody Everything comes easy to her. She has it all. Fame, money, boys. In one word popular. A Goddess amongst commoners. She is even the...