❝Those Blueberry Eyes❞ ➵ {♔Oi...

By mustardyellowdreams

Haikyuu alternate universe Timeline: After nationals ______ Karasuno gets invited to another training ca... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Author's Note

Chapter 11

2.5K 88 5
By mustardyellowdreams

     "Iwa-chan! How can you not be even a little worried? I'm so sick."

     "You probably deserved it. What did you do? Jump into a pond?"

     "Iwa-chan you know the network is really unstable, you should be nice to me while you can." Oikawa wondered if he should tell Iwaizumi about Tobio but decided not to.

     "Stop talking like you're dying and take some rest or I'll punch you."

     "So mean Iwa-chan, meanie-chan!"

     "I have to go Shittykawa, you better take care of yourself."

     "Hmmph!" Oikawa shut his phone and threw it onto the bed. Can't he at least pretend to be a little worried?

     He snapped out of his thoughts as Kageyama staggered into the room with medicine and a bottle of water and set them down on the bedside table.

     "Achoo!" Oikawa grabbed a tissue and rubbed his nose aggressively. "Ah, damn!"

     "Sorry, I passed my fever on to you." Kageyama looked at him with a guilty expression.

     Oikawa rubbed his eyes and slid further under the blanket. He could barely keep his eyes open. His whole body felt like he was freezing and the damp atmosphere made it worse.

     "Don't talk so damn loudly." Tooru's voice was muffled under the blanket. He rolled over, groaning.

     "Gomen'na—"

     "Don't wanna hear it. You're going to owe me for this."

     "I can make dinner today since you're sick." Kageyama knew he couldn't cook but the guilt made him spill the words. He waited for a response but didn't get any. He walked over to the other side and sat on the bed, leaning towards his senpai. "Oikawa-san?"

     Tobio held out his hand to shake his senpai but pulled it back after realising he was asleep. His hair was pushed backwards against the pillow and his nose was red. His breaths sounded heavy and he shivered slightly under the comforter. Kageyama stared at him. He didn't look intimidating anymore. The familiar feeling came back to him. He couldn't figure out what it was, yet again. Shaking his head, he got up from the bed and switched the light off. Looking back at the sleeping figure once, he closed the door quietly and went downstairs.

     Twenty minutes and a whole mess of a kitchen later all he had managed to make was some onigiris that were falling apart. He cleaned up the counter as best as he could and carried the warm plate upstairs, dreading Oikawa's reaction.

     Kageyama opened the door and carefully navigated his way through the dark room. Setting down the plate at the end of the bed, he switched on the light and looked at the bed in surprise. It was empty. The blanket was falling on the floor. He picked it up to reveal two bottles of beer under the bed. Panicking, he looked around the room. Suddenly he caught sight of his senpai's legs as the curtains in front of the sliding doors flew back with the heavy wind coming in through the opening. He let go of the blanket and limped hurriedly towards the balcony.

     Oikawa stood there, leaning against the railings with his eyes closed and smiling.

     "Oikawa-san!" Kageyama rushed to his side. "Umm... Why are you out here?"

     "The rain feels nice. I like it here. Isn't it nice?" He lay his head down on his arms and looked at Tobio. His cheeks were red like his nose now and he looked like he would fall asleep at any second.

     "Did you drink? You're not supposed to, when you're sick. We should go inside..." Kageyama trailed off as he noticed Oikawa closing his eyes again. He was about to call out to him again when Tooru slid off the railings and sat down on the floor, leaning against the glass door.

     "Oikawa-san!" Kageyama sat down between his legs, exposing his back to the sharp drops of water that jabbed him like needles.

     His senpai looked up at Kageyama and stared at him. "Tobio..."

     Kageyama waited for him to continue. When he didn't, Tobio opened his mouth to speak when Oikawa leaned forward and dropped his head on his kouhai, his face resting right in the crook of his neck.

     Kageyama froze. He couldn't register what had just happened. The sound of raindrops falling drummed against his ears and cold gusts of wind swept over them. His ears grew hot, feeling the warm breaths against his skin. Seconds ticked by as they sat like that. When realisation finally dawned on him, he forced himself to move and held up his hands to try to softly push Tooru back. As soon as he touched his shoulders, Oikawa wrapped his arms around Kageyama, burying his face deeper.

     Tobio's body stiffened. He didn't know what to do. His mind was screaming at him to move, yet his body didn't seem to comply. Finally, after what felt like forever, he spoke. "O-Oikawa-san, you can't sleep here. Please let's go inside."

     "Mmm... Don't wanna." Tooru tightened his arms around Kageyama.

     "Oikawa-san, please get up." Tobio pushed his shoulders lightly.

     Tooru pulled back and stared at his kouhai's eyes. They looked concerned. A small laugh escaped his lips. "Are you worried about me, Tobio-chan?"

     "I-I just don't want you to get sicker, I already feel bad for getting you sick in the first place." Kageyama turned his eyes away.

     "Hmm? Then should I make myself feel better for you?" Oikawa tilted his head.

     Kageyama shifted his eyes to look at his senpai. "What do you mea-"

     He didn't get to finish his question as Oikawa crashed his lips against his kouhai's cheek.

     Tobio's eyes widened in shock at the impact. He felt as if all the breath had been knocked out of him at once. The rain beat down against his back as water trickled down his nape. He didn't feel the dampness. His entire body grew warm and his sense of hearing went blank. All that echoed in his ear, was his own heartbeat, getting faster by the second. His arms went limp and dropped to the sides as the sensation raced in his mind, not giving him any time to capture it. He let it happen, not in control of his own body anymore.

    Moments passed before Oikawa pulled away and smiled, grabbing Kageyama's face with his hands softly. "There, are your worries gone now?"

     He didn't give Kageyama time to reply before he got up and stumbled inside, leaving his kouhai wondering what in the world had just happened. Tobio sat there, dumbfounded, not knowing what to do. He came to his senses after a while, blushing immediately when he remembered the feeling of his senpai's lips against his skin. He slowly stood up, making his way inside the room with his head lowered and closed the doors. He looked at Oikawa who was sitting on the bed and looking at his jacket with a confused look. Tooru turned towards Kageyama and it got replaced with surprise.

     "Tobio-chan? What are you doing here?" He tilted his head, trying to understand.

     Kageyama blinked, the red on his face going away. What? What was he talking about? Then he remembered something and face-palmed himself internally. He's...drunk.

     "Umm... Oikawa-san, I've been here for some days now, you said I can stay here till my leg gets better." He tried to make his senior remember.

     "Huh? Why would I do that?" Oikawa raised an eyebrow in doubt, then burst out laughing. "Tobio-chan, you're funny!" He stopped, fell backwards on the bed and pouted. "I'm cold."

     "Oikawa-san, please don't sleep like that, your hair is all wet, you'll get even more sick—"

     Tooru covered his ears with his hands and yelled over Kageyama. "La la la can't hear you, can't hear you at all."

     Kageyama stared at his senpai, unsure what to do. Jeez, he's like a child when he is drunk. He grabbed a towel and approached Tooru. "Oikawa-san, please just wipe your head at least. You can't sleep with wet hair."

     Tooru opened one eye and sat up reluctantly. He snatched the towel out of his kouhai's hands and rubbed his head aggressively then threw it at Tobio's face and crossed his arms across his chest.

     "You're mean, Tobio-chan. Meanie-yama..." He filled his cheeks with air and turned his face the other way. "Hmmph!"

     Kageyama sighed at his behaviour. Why does it seem like I'm the adult here? Is he really like this when he's drunk? Somehow it feels like he's meaner than when he's sober.

     He walked out of the room quietly and rushed into the bathroom to change his shirt and dry his hair. When he came back, Tooru was already asleep. He turned off the lights and went around to the other side of the bed and lay down. He looked at the peaceful figure sleeping under the blanket. In the faint moonlight, his features looked soft. He reached out his hand to swipe away the strands of damp hair falling on Tooru's eyes but paused. He looked beautiful. Tobio felt if he touched him, he would melt right under his hand. Conflicting feelings surrounded him, making him uncomfortable. This wasn't what he felt years ago. This feeling wasn't admiration. It was something else, something more.

     He subconsciously remembered what happened on the other side of the glass doors. Why? Why didn't he push Oikawa away? It's almost as if he liked it and didn't want the feeling to stop, whatever the feeling was. It felt...nice.

     He rolled over, looking out of the doors, his head clouded in those unwanted thoughts.

     But you weren't sober so you didn't mean to do it though, right?

____________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 3K 60
(completed) This my very first time to write a story..So umm...Yeah..Thank you! The team wasn't entirely curious about hinata's family but the only...
1.4K 78 7
A story that starts off with Iwaizumi confessing to Oikawa, who doesn't feel the same. He does feel like teasing his hot-headed friend, though. How w...
118K 4K 22
Kagayema never felt this way before. In his sixteen years of existance, he had never felt the slightest attraction to anyone. So why now? Why did he...
124K 4.9K 21
Oikawa Tooru has been best friends with Iwaizumi Hajime for as long as he can remember. One day, hanging out with his best friend.. Seems different...