Why Did I Get Married?

By spelivia4eva

Couples goes through ups and downs throughout their marriages which could lead to the question "Why Did I Get... More

Kiss The Bride
Whatever It Takes
Love Jones
Why the Hell Did I Get Married?
Loyalty

Breaking News

534 17 8
By spelivia4eva

Olivia woke up in the arms of her fiancé. A smile formed on her face when she felt his arms. "Liv, you awake?" She nodded softly before speaking "yes baby. It feels wonderful to wake up in your arms as your fiancé" he grinned. "Yeah" he said softly. "I can't believe last night was real. I'm truly yours?" He chuckled before kissing her temple "girl, you've been mine. Just making it permanent by putting a ring on it" she held up her hand revealing the ring with a smile. "I love it so much" she looked over her shoulder at him. "I love you" she placed her hand on the side of his face before they slowly kissed. Her phone started to vibrated and seconds later his did as well. "Damn, someone is blowing us up" Spencer said. Olivia grabbed her phone seeing a missed call from her mom. Seconds later she received a text from Layla Some friend you are. How come you didn't tell me that you were engaged... Guess I'm always last to know everything, thanks a lot "oh no..." Liv trailed off. "What?" She held up her phone showing him the text. "How does she know about us being engaged?" She shrugged "I don't know. I haven't said anything to anybody, have you?" He shook his head before looking at his phone seeing a Chris was calling him. "It's Chris" he said before answering it. "What's good dawg?" Spencer spoke through the phone. "Don't what's good dawg to me. You was at Asap & Rih's wedding and didn't say a word to me and I also find out that you're engaged on top of that. How come I'm now finding out about you getting ready to propose to Liv?" Olivia noticed the sudden change in Spencer's facial expression. "Look man, I didn't think I was gonna propose aight and Rakim invited me—" Chris cut him off "He invited you and not me? You propose to Liv in front of your new celebrity friends. Yeah I see how it is" Spencer sighed "Bro its not like that" Spencer tried to explain but kept getting interrupted "You know what Spence. I ain't tryna hear it. You have fun with your new click. I gotta go" Chris said. "Chris man, look—" the phone went dead.

After getting off the phone Chris showed his frustration in front of his wife. "Ain't this a bitch!" Kia walked out of the bathroom. "Whats wrong?" Chris was furious. "Spencer and Liv was invited to Rihanna's and Asap Rocky's wedding and I wasn't. "Babe it's okay" she told him. "How is this okay? I'm the fucking QB. Me and Spence played ball at Crenshaw and all the attention was on him and here we are playing on the same team in the NFL and he's still getting all the attention" Kia noticed a slight of jealousy coming from her husband. "Babe..." she walked over getting in bed. She stood on her knees before massaging his shoulders. "There's probably a reason why Liv and Spence was invited" he shrugged her hands off "Yeah because he gets all the fucking spotlight" he stood up "I'm the one who's throwing him TD's. How come I'm not getting any credit? The fact that I find out like everyone else about that and that he's engaged" Kia was confused "what are you talking about?" He turned on ESPN where it was breaking news. Spencer and Olivia engaged "no way... this has to be false. Olivia would've told me" Kia told him. "Looks like you're not her best friend after all" Kia couldn't believe it. Olivia and her tells each other everything. She didn't think Olivia would make her find out about her engagement like everyone else. "They foul for this. Spence better be lucky if he gets a single pass thrown his way come Sunday" he said before walking out of the room. Kia was disappointed. She pulled out her phone to call Olivia.

"Who released the news?" Olivia was confused. They didn't want their friends and family to find out this way. Their phones have been blowing up left and right. They've been dodging the phone calls after Chris's because they weren't ready for the heat they were about to receive. "I have no idea" Spencer mumbled. "Great, just great... people are about to be upset with us like Chris..." Olivia sighed. "It isn't our fault. Someone spilled the news to the media.." he said. "Yeah but who would do such a thing?" He shrugged "I don't know..." he looked at his phone "moms is blowing me up right now" he said before putting his phone back in his pocket. "We can't ignore them forever" she told her fiancé. "I know but I'm not ready to face anybody right now" he told her who frowned. "We'll be aight. Even if people are gonna be against us" he said. The doorbell rung with Liv going to answer it. It was Coop and Patience. "You and Spence have some explaining to do" Patience said standing next to Coop. Olivia sighed knowing it was about to be a very long day. After letting them inside Patience and Coop needed answers. "Why the hell didn't you tell us about the engagement? Hell, why weren't we apart of it?" Olivia and Spencer had some explaining to do. They knew a lot of people were going to be disappointed. "Coop...." Spencer trailed off. "Like always, you're a disappointment" Coop said to Spencer. "Look. We were gonna tell you aight? Someone told the media about our engagement" Spencer tried to explain. "Even if that is true, we still should've been there" Patience said. "I get that you're upset with us but this isn't fair—" Coop cut Olivia off "You want to talk about fair? Y'all got engaged. Spence you're supposed to be my boy. You proposed without telling me that you were gonna do it. You didn't tell me shit. All of this is a huge fucking surprise. But I'm supposed to be your best friend?" Coop shook her head in disappointment. "What do you expect us to say...." Spencer trailed off. "Not a damn thing. We're leaving" Coop stood up and headed for the door. "I want you to be my best man Coop" Coop stopped in her tracks. She turned around, staring at him. "I will kindly decline. I'm not attending your little wedding, we are not going. Let's go Patience" she said before opening the door and walking out. Patience stood up with Liv taking her hand. "Patience..." Patience sighed. Olivia let her hand go before standing up to face her. "I swear we were gonna tell you. I'm sorry that you found out this way. The media is selfish. Whoever gave the news to the media was selfish. They broke our trust and we will find out who that individual or individuals are. I promise you we would've told you" Olivia said. Patience sighed "I'll talk to Coop" Liv frowned "thank you" Patience nodded before heading to the door.

Billy and Laura found out the news through the TV. "Grace, you see the news?" She was on the phone with Grace. "I can't believe they got engaged and didn't tell us. Why are we finding out like this?" Billy was trying to process it. He didn't know whether to be happy or upset that they didn't tell them. "I am livid. We should've been the first to know. But we find out like everyone else. Unbelievable— you do that and I'll be sure to call her" she said before getting off the phone. "How could this be? How could they be engaged without telling us? Why are we finding out like everyone else?" Billy had no answer for any of her questions. "I have no idea sweetheart. I wish I did but I don't. I'm just as disappointed. We should've been the first to know just like you told Grace. We shouldn't be finding out like this. To me it's a low blow" he said. "Definitely a low blow" she tried to get a hold of Olivia but her phone went straight to voicemail. "So now she has her phone turned off?! I'm so livid. I can't wait to be in her presence" she stormed off with Billy sighing. He sent Spencer a message Call me now!

Abel was smoking a blunt with his XO crew/friends while sitting on the couch. "Damn that escalated" Cash said. "Yup.." he took another hit before passing it on. "Have you talked to Sel since your run in at the reception?" Abel shook his head no. "Do you plan on it?" He shrugged "honestly bro, I don't know..." he said. "I feel like you shouldn't. She fucked you over. The bitch left you—" Abel cut Lamar off "don't you call her that" he said with a stern look on his face. "My bad bro..." Lamar said to him. "That was 8 years ago. Bro you're 35 now, you shouldn't be holding grudges against her or anything. You're total different people now" he told his friend. "Is it true that you beat Justin's ass is what I need to know" Sal said. "Bro, you already know I beat his ass and I'll do it again" Abel said. "As you fucking should. Justin probably shit his pants" they laughed except for Abel. "If it wasn't for Spencer, I would've killed that foo'" he said through his teeth. "Easy.. Justin isn't worth it" Lamar told him. "Truth, we all know he's jealous of you and at the end of the day Sel is still feeling you" Cash told him. "Yeah, I highly doubt it but I don't care, I have Rochelle" he said. "Careful, she's gonna empty your bank account. We all know she's a gold digger" Cash told him. "She's my gold digger then" he took a sip of his Hennessy. "You crazy" Sal laughed before continuing "I must say, Selena looked like a sad puppy dog when she saw you two kiss" he continued to laugh. "You saw that too?" Lamar asked Sal who nodded. "For real?" Abel was curious with both of his crew members nodding. "Bro why you think she ran out? Rochelle mentioning Justin was just an excuse for her to hide her jealousy" Abel was silent. "She probably gonna write Lose You To Love Me 2.0" they all laughed but Abel. "She can do that, I could careless. I'll write Wasted Times 2.0 then. Fuck with me please.." he said softly before hitting the blunt again. "Yeah she don't want those problems" Sal said.

"Babe? Are you sure you want to stay in? I know after last night—" Selena cut her off "I don't want to talk about it" Raquelle nodded. "Go have fun. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine. Besides, I'm tired.." Selena said to her roommate/best friend Raquelle who was going out with friends. "Well get some rest babe. Please text me if you need anything" Selena nodded and faked a smile before her friends left. She sighed before pulling out her phone to FaceTime her long time best friend, Taylor Swift. "How was the wedding? I was invited but I'm focused on my music" Taylor told her. "The wedding was awful but afterwards wasn't..." Taylor noticed her best friend looked sad. "What, why?" Selena began to explain everything. "It was so fucking awkward. Like, if I would've known my ex's were gonna be there I wouldn't have showed up. Both Justin and Abel were there" Selena said. "Wow, that's very awkward" Taylor said. "Tell me about it. And I can't stand Abel's girlfriend. She's such a bitch..." Taylor giggled. "What's funny?" Taylor shrugged "someone seems a little jealous of Abel's girlfriend" Taylor said. "Yeah, like totally" Selena was sarcastic. "Come on, don't deny it. You and I both know that Abel was your best ex. He's that ex that you regret making into your ex" Taylor said. "Maybe... maybe not" she sat down and sighed. "Sel, don't be denial. You can fool your other best friends but certainly you can't fool me. I know when you're lying. I know you better than anyone. I know you miss him. Also, I didn't know he had a girlfriend but I can certainly say that he's probably trying to make you jealous. The only woman Abel would've married would've been Bella Hadid but she isn't you. None of these women are you. Just talk to him. Go out of your comfort zone. Be fearless. You deserve love just as much as anyone else. Don't be a pussy" Selena broke in a giggle. "I'm serious. Don't be a pussy, go get your man Sel" Selena tried to hide her smile but failed.

Layla was freshening up with a smile on her face. She walked out of the bathroom in lingerie. "Hey babe" she said. Darnell was on his phone playing a game. "Baby?" She was standing in a sexy pose trying to get his attention. "Seriously? A sexy girl is posing in lingerie and you aren't paying her any attention, cool...." He looked up from his phone "my bad, I'm not trying to lose my game" he told her. "So your game is more important? I see" she shook her head before walking to the bed, sitting down with her back facing him. "Don't be dramatic baby" he got out of bed, setting his phone down. He walked to the bathroom, closing the door behind him. She shook her head hearing his phone vibrate. She looked over her shoulder. She then looked back at the door. Finally she turned her body and grabbed his phone to see who was texting him. She clenched her jaw before gripping his phone before waiting impatiently for him to come out the bathroom, feeling her blood boiling.

TO BE CONTINUED

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 131 21
Life long friends find love amid tragedy.
49.4K 1.9K 45
Spencer James moves from the comfort of his own home to chase his dream of becoming an actor. Along the way, he meets people that will change his lif...
16.6K 474 15
After a potential career-ending injury, Spencer tries to navigate the healing process. He has his wife and his two best friends, Olivia and Jordan by...
1.2K 27 15
Why do I have to love her? Why can't she see? Why does she choose her? Why can't she see she deserves more? Why does she have to be my sister? Why am...