Lost Luna

By XDeafening_SilenceX

Once a forgotten Omega, now the next Luna of the Blood Moon pack-Nova must uncover the secrets of her heritag... More

Season List for Lost Luna
Hello
COPYRIGHT PAGE
announcement ~ Wattpad Originals & YONDER
Readers Views
miserable
champagne
fall
coffee
mate
shift
leave
new
forest
doctor
friend
hard work
problems
afire
suspicion
breaking point
control
lonesome
transform
green
dance
blur
headache
dominance
bewilderment
hold
office
barren
whistle
sunset
BONUS ~ mate
nervous
shirt
traveller
a while
raw
BONUS ~ interest
BONUS ~ intervene
feeling
caged
quiet
BONUS ~ uncertain
rain
raven
ally
thoughts
cold
BONUS ~ care
warmth
story
brother
anger
revelation
phone call
gaia
takeover
plan
curious
sleep
BONUS ~ close
blood
goodbyes
pack
BONUS ~ protect
north
anxious
cowardly
fear
BONUS ~ unconsciousness
reality
stealth
attack
revenge
embrace
heal
consolation
safe
castle
royal
serve
peaceful
tension
case
stranger
empathy
BONUS ~ pleasure 18+
reassurance
strong
death
BONUS ~ challenge
honour
BONUS ~ travels
grateful
thankful
morning
abilities
desire
BONUS ~ desire 18+
mated
happy
Sequel updates
New Cover!
the series continues

lyra

210K 7.6K 3.3K
By XDeafening_SilenceX

name/adjective ~ a small northern constellation

For the next two days, I cleared out the garden. Monday I spent most of my day hacking at the brambles and clearing them into a fire pile. I was surprised to see how large the greenhouses were once I had hacked it all away.

Tuesday aka today, I picked up the broken things I found inside them which included greenhouse panels, planters and pots. They were in another pile, for the landfill.

I wanted to spend all my time here but alas I had to train every morning still. Sean assured me I was doing well in training and we started to try new high intense muscle-building activities. Basically, he had me mixing weights and boxing more. I had gained ten pounds since being here, which is about 3 months so I was proud of myself. Kate was pleased too; I saw her every two weeks now on a Sunday evening.

So today, I was up at sunrise and training with Sean until 9.30 am. Then it was breakfast followed by an hour break inside. I tended to the garden area until lunch and went back to the garden until dinner, which is where I was now. The chefs have been busy lately since we have guests, but I wasn't complaining.

But all in I only spent about four hours a day out here, and I still had so much to do.

The person Sean told me would help couldn't until after the visitors have gone. Apparently, he was one of the tour guides aka he was the pack's secret security.

Speaking of the visitors, Miss Lyra insisted on having dinner with the pack in the evening. I kept my eye on her. Not knowing the intentions between the two Alpha blood, I wanted as much evidence as I could get before I dived in. She never strayed far from Phoenix in the beginning but at tonight's dinner she came in with just her 'friends'.

She had tried to speak to me once in passing but I pretended I didn't hear her and walked away. But right now, I could see her scanning the room, a bright smile on her face. Some of the pack were greeting her and bowing, but I had a feeling it was more in fear of Phoenix's oppression if they didn't.

I kept my head down whilst I ate but kept my ears focused on where she was. She had sat a table away next to some prettied-up she-wolves, her companions sat at a table next to her or stood against the wall.

"Miss Lyra, thank you for joining us."

I mentally groaned at the sound of Jade's voice, her tone got on my nerves.

"Thank you for inviting me. I thought it'd be nice to get to know some of Phoenix's pack members."

She called him by his first name?

Jade giggled. "How are you liking the pack so far?"

"Great, everyone is so welcoming. I'm trying to talk to as many of you as I can."

"There is a lot of us." Jade mused.

"Yes, there is." Lyra laughed. "I'm glad it's being organised so well, I've seen a few... strange things happen but it's great to be here."

I grunted, eating the rest of my dinner and leaning back in my chair. I could see them in the corner of my eyes, Jade had her back to me, but she was the closest.

"So, I heard that you were staying on the Alpha and Beta floor, what's it like up there?"

Lyra chuckled. "Well, it's all locked off for a reason. I've been staying in the Alpha guest room, it's just a bedroom."

Jade shuffled in her seat. "In his quarters? What's it like?"

I was getting more annoyed by the second by both of them. Lyra for apparently being so close to my mate and bragging about it, Jade being too nosey for my liking and both of them were setting Cel on edge.

Lyra was leaning back in her seat, drinking from a wine glass. "I haven't been in there. Up there is one big hallway with a locked door to his quarters. They have like small studio homes from what I'm guessing. Phoenix doesn't let anyone in his quarters, I would know I've been his friend for years."

I hummed in thought. They had been friends for years so had history, but they were overly touchy and I didn't like it. However, she stayed in her own room and he stayed in his, I meant I hoped anyway. Cel claimed she didn't intimately smell of him, so I could give them that.

"You have?" Jade wondered. "I've only been in this pack for two years, but Alpha doesn't seem the type to have many friends."

"Since we were young yeah. I knew his parents. Being from a King's pack also there were a lot of meetings we had to attend to as tweens, and we used to go off and hang out together." She replied.

"So interesting! I've heard about his parents. It's a shame what a mate bond can destroy."

"You should mind your business about that," Lyra muttered.

"I apologise Miss Lyra." Jade bowed her head. "I was just wondering if Alpha would ever find his mate, it must be hard for him knowing what happened to them."

Lyra nodded and set down her wine glass. She leaned forwards and Jade met her halfway. I turned slightly in my seat to get a better view of what was going on.

"You should keep it in your best interest to keep your nose out of your Alpha's business." She warned in Jade's ear.

Oh my. Did she just get back at Jade?

I chuckled and rubbed my hand over my forehead in amusement. Jade had recoiled like a snake, cowering in on herself at the dominant threat from the Alpha's daughter. Their eyes turned to me suddenly and I realised I must look like a weirdo laughing alone.

I cleared my throat and gave them a tight and polite smile.

"Something funny, Omega?" Jade snarled.

My eyebrow quirked in amusement. "You tell me."

She sneered at me but didn't bite back, her ego bruised. Ever since the day I reprimanded her, her wolf had backed off from the taunts. I could sense it in her behaviour. Whenever Jade would snap, her wolf would bow its head, the smell of submission coming through her aura. Cel loved it.

I watched as Jade stood and sauntered away, her minions following behind. She didn't once look back at me and my chin lifted in triumph. Once she turned the corner, I dropped my gaze back to my table. Just as I went to take my plate away, black beauty stepped before me.

"I know you." Lyra hummed, crossing her arms.

I swallowed. "Oh, you do?"

She nodded. "You're that girl that came in crying the other day. Gamma Sean chased after you."

"That was me." I laughed. "I don't believe we've met."

I stood to my feet with Cel boosting my confidence. I held Lyra's gaze as she tried to intimidate me, but whatever coursed through my veins made her not affect me.

I glanced at her appearance as I stood. Her eyes were a dark brown, deep enough to drown an entire fleet of men. Her lips were full and painted red with prominent high cheekbones. She was curvy and stood at about six feet in her heels making me feel insignificant. She was dressed in faux leather leggings and a jacket, with black spike boots and a white camisole top. Isn't she warm? It's July!

I felt like a lesser woman, standing in leggings and one of my larger t-shirts. I could feel the mess of my hair on my head, tendrils falling out of the bun. Mud caked my skin, even some leftover paint from the other day, and grass stains sat on my knees. I tried to get most of the mud out of my trainers earlier, but they were still stained brown and green.

Her eyebrow quirked as she scanned me too. "Lyra Johnson. Daughter of Alpha Johnson of Full Moon."

"Oh, we're doing full names," I muttered. "Nova James of... Blood Moon."

Her eyebrow quirked in interest. "What's an Omega like you doing in this pack... let me guess... you found your mate and being a lesser being you're stuck here."

'Wow, she is being rude.' Cel grumbled.

I was fed up with being spoken to like crap, so I played the nice card, just to prove I was not intimidated.

"I fancied a scenery change." I smiled, chuckling to myself.

She smirked at me, her tongue running along her lips. "How are you liking it here? The tears the other day, what was that about?"

I chewed on my tongue and kept my innocent facade. "None of your business really, I just had a big surprise."

"And the Gamma, he is your mate?"

Oh, so she was curious, I could see right through her. She wanted to know the hierarchy here. An omega like me hanging around the high ranks.

"If I had a mate here, surely I would be marked by now." I smiled.

'You're doing well. Good voice control.' Cel soothed my nerves.

Lyra hummed. "I do say I'm intrigued. How an omega as yourself can stand to talk to me and look me in the eye."

Cel bristled in my mind and I was sure she was showing her front to Lyra. "Surprises are the basis of this pack it seems. Now if you'll excuse me, Lyra, I'm going to my room."

"What a surprise, me too." She smirked. "I assume you'll be going to the first floor?"

I hummed and grabbed my notepad. "Third actually. Same as Sean. It's usually used for important guests, but the others are empty."

Her curiosity intensified as we walked up the stairs. I could sense her companions behind us as we walked up the stairs.

"So, what are you really here for Lyra?" I asked now we were in peace.

"You're a smart one aren't you." She chuckled. "As I said to that Tess girl, I'm here on Alpha business and I've known Phoenix since I was little."

"You and Phoenix go way back, right? I heard the conversation." We came to a stop on my floor.

"Don't disrespect your Alpha, omega." She snapped.

I raised my hands in defence. "He doesn't seem to mind."

She shook her head in disbelief, trying to work something out in her head whilst I stood in amusement. "Who do you-"

"Lyra?"

Ah, speak of the devil.

Phoenix rounded the corner of the stairs, Sean right behind him. Phoenix scanned the situation, his eyes falling on her first before turning to me. I kept my gaze on him as he scanned me from head to toe, a small chuckle leaving his lips when he saw my gardening attire. Sean came up to stand beside him, his grey eyes narrowing at Lyra. He took a step closer to me and I chewed on my lip in anticipation.

"You girls alright?" Phoenix asked.

"Yes, Phoenix. We were just chatting, just girl things." She smiled at him before casting me a small glare that Phoenix wouldn't be able to see.

'Oh, it would be so easy to push her down the stairs.' Cel chuckled.

She was right, Lyra stood on the stairs at 8 o'clock, easy to push down once she loses footing in her heels- who am I kidding?

That's mean Cel! You bring out the petty side in me. I think I'm okay.

'In a minute.' She barked.

"Is that so Nova?" Phoenix stood in between us, his hazel eyes turning to me.

I stayed looking at Lyra as she turned to smirk at me. She was boasting about her relationship with the Alpha, calling him by his name and giving me looks to try to fool me. I smirked at her before turning to Phoenix, catching her off guard.

"Of course, Phoenix. We were just saying goodbye." I smiled.

He didn't react at all, not the way she wanted him to, and I saw her jaw tense. I don't know what her problem was, but it was amusing.

He nodded. "Good, glad you're talking to people more. Lyra, I need a word with you in my office."

My gut clenched and I tried not to let the frown show. They were going to his office again, in private.

Lyra sneered. "Of course, I'll follow you."

He nodded and turned back in my direction when Sean moved. Sean turned to me with a frown before stepping closer to wrap a hand around my shoulder.

"You okay Novie? Your wolf is showing." He wondered.

I pulled away and nodded at him with a smile. "I'm okay. Wanna watch a movie?"

He grinned in reply. "Only if I get to pick. Alpha, may I be dismissed?"

I turned to look at Phoenix the same time Sean did and noticed he was tense. His whole body was rigid as he glared at us, his jaw set in stone. If he kept it up his teeth may fall out. He firmly nodded, casting a look at me briefly. He tried to hide his emotions, but I could tell he wasn't too pleased.

"Oh good! Let's go then Phoenix." Lyra chirped.

She tried to grab his arm, but he growled baring his teeth at her so she retreated it, her hands falling to her side. He cast another glance at us before marching his way down the stairs. Lyra stood nervously but cleared her throat and disappeared behind him.

I pulled Sean into my room and shut the door. I leaned against it for a moment and watched Sean make himself comfy on my bed.

"Seriously though, what happened?"

I sighed. "She was trying to threaten me. Jade outed me as an Omega and Lyra got curious, I guess. So Cel stepped in to mess with her."

He chuckled. "So mission accomplished? Alpha looked pretty pissed."

I laughed, wringing my hands together as I walked over. "Looks like it."

"As fun and entertaining as Cel is, I do prefer soft little Nova Hope."

I elbowed him on purpose as I got comfy. "Meanie."

He grunted in defence but soon laughed it off. "Can't help if you're adorable all the time. You're like what, 3 foot tall?"

I pushed him this time, but his body didn't even move. I huffed in dismissal which just made him laugh harder.

"I'm messing Nova. I'm glad we got to see some emotions from him." Sean mused.

I chuckled and laid back against my headboard. "Yeah... Oh, she wouldn't tell me anything. So, whatever it is she's here for is just between just the two of them."

He rubbed my shoulder, his arm laid behind my neck. "Don't worry Novie. The sooner we find out the sooner we can get you settled."

I sighed. "If it was that easy Sean."

"Well, you could sways reject him."

"And have the moon goddess hate me forever? No thanks." I chuckled, brushing him off.

I couldn't do that. Despite the conflicted emotions or lack of attention, I had grown attracted to the silent Alpha.

He shrugged but opened Netflix on my TV. "So, what will it be tonight?"

••••

Two chapters in one day- aren't u lucky haha

Question of the Day:
How old are you guys this year? (2021)

Curious about my readers demographic stuff.

wc:2614

© ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 2021 © XDeafening_SilenceX on Wattpad

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

611K 20K 53
Book one in the Legendary Lunas series. Completed. ****************************************** He moved as quickly as a bolt of lightning. Suddenly he...
71.2K 3.4K 75
What if all your life you were told your future was bright? That you were perfect luna-to-be, that the boy you love should according to all signs be...
5.5M 258K 69
"I'm a psycho at the bottom of the pack, and you're a warrior built to kill. Isn't it a weird mix?" He shrugs, a wicked grin plastered to his face. ...
3M 105K 46
"You were made for me. And I, for you." His breath is right beside my ear and I tightly shut my eyes closed. He leans down closer. "I was made to lo...