The Maestri Amour (Wattys 201...

By KateeSmurfette

"Child, he doesn't know anything about his own life. You think he's a mystery to you and the world? Little do... More

TMA || 1
TMA || 2
TMA || 3
TMA || 4
TMA || 5
TMA || 6
TMA || 7
TMA || 8
TMA || 9
AUTHOR'S NOTE
TMA || 10
TMA || 11
AUTHOR'S NOTE
TMA || 13
TMA || 14
TMA || 15
TMA || 16
TMA || 17
TMA || 18
TMA || 19
TMA || 20
TMA || 21
UPDATE
TMA || 22
TMA || 23
TMA || 24
TMA || 25
AUTHOR'S NOTE - PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE!!!
TMA || 26
TMA || 27
TMA || 28
TMA || 29
TMA || 30
TMA || 31
TMA || 32
TMA || 33
TMA || 34
TMA || 35
NOT AN UPDATE - STORIES ON RADISH
TMA || 36
NOT AN UPDATE - MATEO SANTIAGO

TMA || 12

26K 940 116
By KateeSmurfette

I sighed for the millionth time as I decided to shut down my laptop. I wasn’t focused since all I could think about, was the fact that my fiancée is in another country. It had been three days, and granted she’s with a friend of mine, it didn’t make me feel the slightest bit better.

I also couldn’t stop thinking about the last conversation we had. A big part of me felt guilty for my coldness towards her, but the truth was that she needed to hear those words. I’m in love with her, and I honestly didn’t want her staying around because she felt that she needed to for the sake of the girls.

It would drive me insane knowing that she’s around, but that she isn’t mine.

I headed to the room that the girls had chosen. As usual, they chose to stay together. Every time we travel, the hotel managers at my hotels know to accommodate the girls somehow, someway, and this time was no different as the girls shared a king sized bed.

I went to kiss each of their foreheads. I had grown closer to my daughters, and even if my relationship with Aretha didn’t work, I’d always be grateful to her for that- for her helping me to open up more to my children.

I was about to head to bed when there was a knock at the door. I had no idea who it could be since Bianca hadn’t come with us. She and Luigi were still quite angry with me, so she chose to stay behind and handle the company, while he stayed behind with Rhonda and my sister.

When I opened the door, my first reaction was to scowl, which had never really happened before, given the situation before me. I’d seen her like this many times before, and while she’d never exactly excited me, I was pretty sure that I had never scowled at her before.

“Celine,” I deadpanned.

“Raphael,” she purred.

“How can I help you?” I asked, ignoring the fact that she was standing before me in a lingerie set and trench coat.

“I’ve come to talk business,” she said sarcastically.

Two can play that game.

“Oh? Since when do you liaise on your father’s behalf?” I asked, leaning against the doorframe. Annoyance crossed her features before she regained composure.

“You’ve never made me work to get in before,” she cocked her head to the side.

“My daughters are in the room, and not forgetting that I’m not a single man,” I shrugged.

“Come again? Your daughters are sleeping in the same suite as you? You’re not single? Stop talking nonsense Raphael!” she snapped.

“Whatever you’d like to call it, it’s still true,” I said disinterestedly.

“You’re being awfully cold,” she cocked an eyebrow.

“Have you ever known me to be any different?” it was my turn to cock my head to the side.

“No, but you’re completely uninterested,” she huffed.

“So you’re not just a pretty face,” I rolled my eyes.

“Are you going to let me in or not?” she asked impatiently.

“What part of my daughters are here, and I’m taken, didn’t register to you?” I frowned.

“All of it! I don’t know why you’re suddenly playing hard to get. You and I both know that you wouldn’t settle down, and that you don’t really want those rugrats close to you,” she replied before pushing past me into the suite.

“Get out,” I narrowed my eyes at her.

“Nah, I think I’ll stay. You’re bluffing, and I think it’s about time we stop playing games. I think it’s time you fucked me like I deserve to be fucked by you Raphael. I think I’ve waited long enough,” she purred.

“I’m beginning to think your parents wasted their money sending you to private schools since they clearly did nothing for your intellectual thinking. But then again, from the shit you’re spewing, I highly doubt any thinking went into your words,” I scoffed. This time, fury flashed in her eyes.

“You’re being rude!” she snapped.

“You’re being obnoxious. Keep your voice down. My children are asleep,” I glared at her.

“Yeah right! Give it up!” she rolled her eyes. Before I could reply, my phone went off. I was grateful when I saw who was calling and I put her on loud speaker.

Cara mia,” I responded. Celine’s eyes narrowed into slits.

Caro, quick question. Do you prefer chocolate or vanilla?” she asked.

“Chocolate, why?” I asked in confusion.

“It’s nothing. How are the girls?” she giggled.

“They’re asleep again, but they were excited to tell me all the things you promised them,” I chuckled. Celine was looking at me with confusion clear in her eyes.

“Yeah well this place is just too amazing, but look at me being mean and not asking you how you are,” she said.

She’s amazing like that.

“I had a long day of meetings. I was on my way to bed when an unannounced visitor showed up at my door practically half naked and she wont leave,” I replied, looking straight at Celine. I was met by silence, and I knew she was upset at that bit of information.

“Is it who I think it is?” she asked.

Yes, I’d actually told Aretha about Celine. I didn’t want her getting any surprises down the line. I told her about all the women I’ve been linked to one way or the other, so that should any of them attempt to break us apart, she already knows where we stand.

“Yeah,” I said.

“Am I on speaker?” she asked.

“Yep!” I replied.

“Celine White?” she called to the woman in the room.

“You know who I am?” Celine responded.

“My fiancé warned me that you’d try something. Please be so kind as to leave him alone. He’s a committed man and I’d like for things to stay that way,” Aretha said sweetly. Celine looked shocked.

Such a damn turn on!

“What bullshit stunt do you think you’re playing at? Raphael isn’t engaged. It would be all over the news. Besides, who the hell are you to tell me what to do?” Celine snapped.

“I happen to be the woman that man proposed to. I happen to be the woman who his daughters call ‘mummy’. I happen to be the woman that man is in love with. I also happen to be the kind of woman who you really wouldn’t want to mess with,” Aretha replied.

“What? You’re intimidated by me? Can’t take me on?” Celine asked, looking very chuffed might I add.

“On the contrary doll. I’m just confident enough to know that Raphael will never be yours. You will never fit into his life. You will never be able to get our daughters to love you, and best of all, you’ll never be me,” Aretha replied confidently.

I was just about ready to burst with pride.

“I’m not afraid of you bitch! Do you have any idea who I am?” Celine asked angrily.

“I don’t need you to be afraid of me. Quite frankly, I couldn’t be bothered, just like I’m not bothered enough to know who you really are. You’re of no significance to me, so please don’t make the mistake of thinking that I care, and leave my fiancé alone while you’re at it,” Aretha told her.

“Who the hell do you think you are?” Celine said, clearly outraged.

Caro, sarebbe meglio assicurarsi che lei scompare. Ora mi sento super possessivo e geloso di destra e non mi piace un po'. Mi fido di te, ma non mi fido di lei. Si prega di sbarazzarsi di lei,” Aretha said to me. Last I checked, Celine doesn’t speak Italian, so we were safe.

Sei geloso e possessivo?” I asked amusedly.

Che vuoi hai indovinato?” she sighed.

Ok, prometto che ti sbarazzarsi di lei. Posso chiamarti più tardi?” I asked.

Mi piacerebbe che,” she replied.

Va bene! Ti amo,” I told her.

Ciao,” she said before hanging up.

I was getting used to her not saying it back, and it didn’t bother me because while I was hurt at first, I realized that while she may not say it, she shows it. Her response to Celine’s presence here confirms it.

“So, you’re still standing there,” I commented, looking at Celine. There was a good distance between us, and I intended to keep it that way.

“I don’t believe it,” she shrugged.

“Ok,” I said before grabbing the phone.

“Who are you calling now?” she scowled.

Ho un problema e ho bisogno di rimuoverlo dalla mia camera,” I told Sven.

Arrivo subito,” he said before hanging up the phone.

“Who was that on the phone with you?” Celine asked.

“Demanding little thing aren’t you?” I raised an eyebrow.

“I just want to know,” she mumbled.

“What makes you think you deserve to know?” I asked.

“Why are you being so mean?” she pouted.

“Because you’re not welcome here and you’re failing to understand this,” I replied before there was a knock at the door. Sven stepped in a moment later, dressed in a black t-shirt and black sweatpants.

“Seriously?!? You called your bodyguard on me?” Celine shouted.

“Daddy, what’s going on?” Caprice asked, rubbing her eyes as she stood at the room door. Celine’s eyes were wide in disbelief.

“It’s nothing princess. Go back to sleep,” I sighed.

“I can’t,” my baby girl pouted.

“You want some milk?” I asked her. She nodded as she walked up to me. I picked her up and turned to Celine.

“You can leave willingly or Sven here will help you out,” I informed.

“This isn’t the last time you’ll be hearing from me,” she glared at me.

“Crazy lady,” Caprice whispered, making me chuckle.

“Sven,” I nodded to the man before heading to the kitchen, not really caring what happens with Celine.

It took a while to get Caprice back to sleep. We ended up watching TV, and she eventually fell asleep on my chest. I picked her up and took her to bed, before finally heading to sleep myself. I only had a few hours of sleep.

Four hours later, I was up and getting ready for the day. I still had a countless number of meetings, and I honestly just wanted the day to be over before it even began. The girls were staying in with Sven. He wasn’t too keen on letting me go out by myself, but he understood that the girls needed his protection more than I did.

I left for my office, facing little traffic, which I was grateful for. It amazed me that regardless of which of my offices I went to, the response from people was still the same. They feared me. I used to revel in that feeling, but now, not so much. I didn’t like being feared.

As Aretha once told me, it’s a completely different thing to be respected, than to be feared.

I didn’t even know if my staff respects me. It took a while for me to actually understand her statement. Now that I do, I can’t help but be curious about whether or not I am respected. It would be interesting to find out.

I walked into my office and Johan, my temporary PA, rushed in after me. I raised an eyebrow at him and he nervously handed me his tablet. It was open on an article about Celine and I. According to the article, we were a thing, and the delusional woman actually gushed and told the press that we’re engaged.

The things her father is willing to pay for amazes me.

“And?” I asked Johan.

“Miss Washington called for you. She said your phone was off,” he informed. I scowled and took out my phone to find it switched off. It must’ve died.

“Did she sound upset?” I asked.

“A little,” he nodded.

“Alright! What do I have on schedule?” I sighed.

“Well, I figured you’d want to call your fiancée now, so I moved your first meeting to nine,” he said timidly. It was only seven.

“Thank you,” I scowled. I wasn’t used to people doing such things for me.

“Anytime,” he smiled.

“Please get me-” I started off, only to be interrupted.

“Hello darling,” Celine sauntered into my office.

“Get out,” I glared at her.

“Come now Raphael. Don’t be like that,” she pouted.

“Johan, get me security right now, as well as Christopher,” I requested. Christopher is my Head of Security here in Australia. Johan nodded and walked out.

“You’re seriously calling security on me again?” Celine scowled. I picked up the phone to call Sven.

“Sir,” he replied as he answered the phone.

“Get all the Heads of Security on board and tell them that Celine White is banned from any Maestri Empire associated building. She’s banned from going to any of my residences, and while you’re at it, get a restraining order drawn up against her. I want her nowhere near me or my family, Aretha’s friends and family included,” I instructed before hanging up. Celine looked downright panicked.

“You’re not serious,” she said lowly just as two men walked in with Christopher.

“Sir, you called,” Christopher said. I was already waiting on the phone to connect.

“Raphael.”

The way she said my name sent a chill down my spine, and not a good one either.

“Please escort Miss White off of my premises. Sven will brief you and everyone else about instructions regarding any future interactions with Miss White. She’s been banned from setting foot in any of my buildings. Are we clear?” I told Christopher.

“Crystal,” Christopher nodded before indicating to the two men to help Celine out.

“YOU CAN’T DO THIS TO ME!” Celine thrashed around.

“Celine, this is a work environment. Stop behaving like a banshee. There are people who are actually here to make a living,” I glared at her once more.

“I will ruin you Raphael,” she spat.

“Not really, but I’d love to see you try. Get her out of my sight,” I instructed. The guards wasted no further time in dragging her out. Johan was standing there with his phone, recording the whole thing.

“You caught all of that?” I asked him.

“All of it Sir. Who do you wish for me to send it to?” he asked.

“Miss Agostini and my fiancée. They’ll know what to do with it,” I replied before getting back to the phone.

Caramia,” I sighed. I was honestly fuming, but I knew I had to remain calm.

“I’m sorry,” she apologized.

“What for?” I asked in confusion.

“I should’ve trusted you more. It’s just, when I saw the article, I thought I would lose my mind. I thought you hadn’t gotten rid of her as I’d asked. I just, I thought the worst,” she admitted.

“You believed it?” I asked in confusion. Surely she wouldn’t.

Right?

“I did,” she whispered.

Wrong!

“So, my confessing my love for you means absolutely nothing to you?” I couldn’t hide the anger in my tone.

“I’m sorry Rafe, I really am, but you don’t understand where I’m coming from, and I guess it’s my own fault for that, but believe me when I say that I don’t doubt your love for me. I just had a really stupid moment of weakness,” she explained.

“I can’t, I can’t be on the phone with you right now,” I said before hanging up.

I needed to relieve my anger, and I didn’t know how. It felt like the walls were closing in on me, like I was about to suffocate. Johan walked in with my coffee in hand, but when he saw my expression, his eyes widened a little, and he looked like a deer caught in the headlights.

“I think I’ll just cancel your meetings for today,” he said warily.

I’m beginning to like him.

He walked out of the office and did exactly that. While I was pissed off, the only way I could vent, was by putting my anger into my work. I spent the whole day in my office, with the only call I took being from the girls.

My mind couldn’t stop going back to Aretha’s words, and I realized that I’d fallen in love with a woman I don’t know. While I have openly admitted that I have demons, she seems to be closed off, and I was shocked that it had taken me so long to figure that out.

I want to marry her though. I may not know everything about her, but I know for a fact that she’s it for me. I’ll never love any other woman the way I love her. If she’s willing to deal with my demons, I should be able to do the same.

That’s kinda what love is about.

“Hello,” she sniffed.

“Dio! Please tell me you’re not crying,” I groaned.

“I’m not crying,” she lied. I could hear the coarseness in her voice.

“Ari,” I sighed.

“I’m sorry ok? I feel horrible,” she replied.

“So do I. I’m sorry I made you cry tesoro. It’s the last thing I’d ever want to do. It’s just that I didn’t realize that you have things that you also probably dealt with in your past. You’ve been very brilliant at hiding that little fact,” I replied.

“I didn’t really hide it. I just wasn’t as expressive about it,” she countered.

“Well, do you want to talk now?” I asked.

“No. If we’re going to be sharing secrets, we’ll be doing it in person,” she said.

“I can’t wait to see you again,” I sighed, leaning back in my chair.

“How long do you still have to be in Australia for?” she asked.

“About two more days. How long are you still in Argentina for?” I asked.

“I’m flying back tomorrow,” she replied.

“Tomorrow?” that was news to me.

“Uh, yeah! I’m kind of done with Argentina. I’ve got something I need to handle back home, and Jonathan agreed to help me,” she replied.

“And what is this something?” I asked.

“A surprise?” she offered.

“Alright fine, I wont pester you any further,” I chuckled.

“Good! Are you still at the office?” she asked.

“I’m about to leave, why?” I counter asked.

“I was thinking you could join in my video chat with the girls today,” she said shyly.

“I’d love to. I miss seeing your face,” I sighed. It just wasn’t the same with the photo on my phone.

“I know, me too,” she whined before coughing.

“Ari, are you sick?” I asked.

“No,” she said quickly.

“What’s wrong?” I asked as I headed into my car.

“It’s nothing,” she said before coughing again. It even sounded like she was heaving this time.

“Aretha,” I said in warning.

“I’ve got food poisoning,” she mumbled.

Merda! Why didn’t you say anything sooner?” I cursed as I drove out of the building.

“I didn’t want to bother you with something so small,” she replied.

“Food poisoning is nothing small Aretha. How long have you been sick for?” I asked.

“Two days now. Jonathan thinks it’s best I fly home and recover there,” she sighed.

“So you didn’t get to enjoy Argentina?” I asked.

“Not really,” she replied.

“We’ll go another time. Where’s Jonathan?” I asked.

“Here he is,” she said before there was shuffling in the background.

“Ambrosi,” Jonathan said.

“Food poisoning and you didn’t think to tell me this Joel?” I asked him.

“Your fiancée can be very persuasive and you should know that,” he sighed.

“That’s not the point here. I asked you to look after her and you failed me. How bad is it?” I asked.

“It was bad yesterday but she looks much better today. She’s throwing up less and the diarrhoea is gone. She just needs lots of rest and she’ll b fine,” he replied.

“Have you gone to see a proper doctor?” I questioned.

“I knew you’d be concerned about that, hence me arranging to fly back in the jet so that she can see your doctor ASAP,” he said.

“Why didn’t you take the jet to begin with?” I asked.

“Liam had it. He was going to surprise Marci,” he replied. Liam is his cousin and Marcia’s husband.

“Alright! Take care of her Joel. She’s the most important person to me after my daughters,” I sighed.

“I know Ambrosi. She’s in capable hands. You just finish up there and then come home to nurse her back to health yourself because you know you wont stop stressing until you see her with your own eyes,” he chuckled.

“How did she take the Celine news?” I asked curiously.

“She was literally upset for a minute, before she realized that she was upset for nothing, but then she started stressing about how she’d doubted you, even for that minute. That woman loves you and doesn’t even know how to deal with that,” he laughed.

“You reckon?” I scowled, despite not being seen as I pulled into the yard.

“Trust me on this Ambrosi. She’s just afraid, and you’ll know why once you’ve both dealt with each other’s demons,” he replied.

“I hear you. Anyway, please put her back on the line,” I requested.

“Kay man,” he replied before there was shuffling again.

“Done with your check-up?” she asked amusedly.

“I am,” I chuckled.

“I miss you so much,” she sighed.

“I miss you too cara mia. I just got home now. Do you want to video chat with the girls still?” I asked.

“Uhm, I don’t think it’s a good idea. I look like death as is,” she replied.

“Hold on,” I said before clicking on the video call icon on my screen. Her face popped up and she looked tired.

“Are you sure it’s not as big a deal?” I frowned.

“You’re stressing for nothing Rafe. I’m fine, or at least I will be,” she sent a weak smile.

“I’ll take your word for it, but I want you to see a doctor as soon as you land,” I told her.

“Yes dad,” she rolled her eyes at me.

“I’m serious Aretha,” I sighed.

“I know you are caro. I promise that the doctor will be my first stop,” she sent a proper smile.

“Good! I’ll tell the girls that you’re not feeling well, and that you’ll see them back at home,” I informed.

“Maybe I could talk to them on the phone instead?” she pouted.

“Ok, ok, put that thing away,” I chuckled as I left the car. I switched to voice call before heading inside the hotel.

“Good evening Mr Maestri,” the receptionist greeted. I sent a nod her way as I headed towards the elevator.

“Good evening Mr Maestri,” Aretha mocked in my ear.

“Is that jealousy Miss Washington?” I chuckled as the elevator moved up. I was in it with a group of women who were shamefully checking me out.

“I didn’t realize how annoying it is to actually hear other women say such things,” she admitted.

“They’re just greeting me Ari,” I pointed out.

“Do they have to use their bedroom voices?” she complained.

“Bedroom voices?” I laughed.

“Yeah! You know, they purr or their voices drop like four notes lower,” she explained.

“It doesn’t matter how they greet me cara mia. Only you know how to turn me on,” I replied, simultaneously killing the creepy looks from the women in the elevator.

“Raphael!” Aretha gasped as the elevator reached the floor where the women were getting off. When they were off, it was just me left.

“I’m only speaking the truth. You’re the only woman I fantasize about, the only woman I imagine doing very dirty things to,” I told her.

“Rafe,” she said, sounding breathless.

“You are the only woman who does it for me Aretha Washington. I can’t wait to have you naked beneath me, making you scream my name,” I said as the elevator opened on my floor.

“I can’t wait either.”

That one line had the power to not only change my breathing, but to make me freeze in the elevator. I had to hold onto the railing. I didn’t expect that line from her. Aretha is so shy most of the time and she chooses the most inopportune times to surprise me.

“I can’t wait to feel your hands all over my body. I can’t for you to taste me, to kiss me all over; for you to love me like I need to be loved by you. I can’t wait to scream your name to the heavens, until I can barely gather my wits. I simply cannot wait Signor Maestri.”

She hung up the phone and left me there, basically speechless. I had a painful boner and I managed to get into the hotel room without being spotted by any of the girls. I opted for a very cold shower, but I couldn’t get her words out of my mind, which meant it was a very long and freezing shower.

By the time I stepped into the lounge in my sweatpants and t-shirt, the girls were on the phone with her.

“DADDY!” they squealed and came to hug me.

“Hello my princesses. How are you?” I asked.

“We’re talking to mummy,” Calinda informed.

“Aretha,” I said.

“Raphael,” she giggled.

“Why did you call her name like that?” Caterina asked me.

“Mummy’s not very nice,” I told her.

“Mummy, what did you do to daddy?” Caprice asked, almost scolding her.

“I didn’t do anything to daddy,” Aretha giggled.

“Mummy,” Camilla said in warning.

“I only teased him,” Aretha admitted.

“Daddy, you can’t handle teasing?” Caterina giggled.

“I can,” I mumbled while they all laughed at me. Sven sent me a signal to say he was leaving, which I nodded to.

“Nah, you can’t,” Aretha laughed.

“I will get back at you caramia,” I told her.

“I’ll be waiting caro,” she said happily.

This woman!

“How was your day at work daddy?” Caprice asked me.

“It was very long. How was your stay here?” I asked.

“It was ok, but that Celine lady came over while Sven was helping Caterina in the kitchen. She told me to tell you that she wants to take us to Disneyland, but I told her that mummy was already going to take us,” Caprice explained.

I was livid.

“Caprice honey, when was this?” Aretha asked.

“It was in the afternoon,” Caprice replied. I grabbed the phone and took it off of loudspeaker.

“She got passed security,” Aretha said the exact words I was thinking.

“I’ll have to talk to Sven,” I sighed.

“I want her nowhere near our children Raphael,” Aretha told me.

“I promise you she wont get anywhere near them,” I replied, pride spreading through me at her words.

“Am I still on speaker?” she asked.

“I took you off for a while,” I replied.

“Oh ok! Please put me back on,” she requested, which I carried out.

“Mummy, are you ok?” Calinda asked.

“Girls, if you ever see Celine again, run in the opposite direction ok?” Aretha told them.

“Ok, but why?” Camilla asked.

“Because she’s very dangerous and she might hurt you to get to mummy and daddy ok?” Aretha told them.

“Ok, we promise,” Caprice told her.

“Good! I love you guys so much!” Aretha sighed.

“Even daddy?” Caterina asked.

“Even daddy,” Aretha replied without a doubt.

“We love you too mummy. We’ll be seeing you very soon,” I said.

“I know and I can’t wait,” Aretha giggled.

The phone call didn’t last very long after that. I took the girls for their baths before they all changed into pyjamas and snuggled on the couch, leaving me to order in room service. Once they’d been fed, they passed out on the couch, so I had to carry them to their room. Luckily I had no other encounters for the night.

The following day was filled with back to back meetings, since I decided to move everything up so that I could be done with Australia. I hadn’t spoken to Aretha, but she’d texted to say she was back home and would see me in two days’ time.

The second to last day in Australia was the busiest, but also the strangest. I hadn’t had a single call from the girls, and they were dressed by the time I left for work. They looked extra excited about something, but I couldn’t decipher what it was.

“Johan, have I received anything from the girls?” I asked him on our way back from a meeting. It was just about lunch time.

“Sir, you mean you don’t know?” he scowled.

“Don’t know what?” I asked in confusion.

“The girls are gone. They left six hours ago,” he replied.

Dread filled me.

“Gone? Gone where?” I panicked.

“Miss Agostini and Mr Maestri picked them up from the hotel this morning,” Johan informed.

“Get Marcia on the phone,” I instructed. I knew it would be futile trying to reach Bianca or Luigi.

“Brother,” Marcia said as she answered the phone.

“Where are Luigi and Bianca taking my children?” I asked her.

“They’re bringing them home. The girls wanted to surprise Aretha. You’re more than welcome to follow behind,” she replied.

“Of course I’m following behind,” I snapped.

“I thought you might say so. Everything has been arranged for you and is ready back at the hotel,” she informed.

Why do I feel like all of this was planned?

“Fine,” I said before hanging up.

“To the hotel sir?” Johan asked knowingly. I nodded.

When we reached the hotel, all of my stuff were gone, save for travel arrangements which had been left with the receptionist. I was on my way to the airport just minutes later, and I was surprised to be greeted by Jonathan.

“Joel,” I raised an eyebrow at him.

“Ambrosi, come on! You’re late,” he sighed.

“Late? What the hell for?” I scowled.

“Just get on and stop asking a million and one questions,” he grumbled. I got onto the jet, and soon enough, we were in the air.

“What the hell is going on?” I asked.

“Well, there’s global warming, and I’m pretty sure somewhere in the world, there are people having great sex as we speak, so you’re going to have to be a little more specific about your question,” he smirked.

How have I not killed him yet?

“I’m not in the mood for your childish games Barclay,” I warned.

“Didn’t say you were,” he shrugged.

For the love of all things!

“Aaaaw, come on Ambrosi. Don’t pout,” he chuckled.

“I’m not talking to you,” I said.

“But you are,” he smirked.

“Fuck off Barclay,” I growled.

“Jeez, what got you in the ass?” he mumbled.

“Would you tell me what’s going on?” I asked.

“I’m not really allowed to,” he replied.

“Whatever,” I said before looking out.

I fell asleep since I figured that he really wouldn’t tell me what I wanted to know. I’ve known Jonathan for fifteen years of my life and I know he’s as stubborn as they come. Again, I wonder how the hell I haven’t killed him in all this time.

I was woken up by a cold liquid dripping down my chest. I looked down and realized that it was red wine. The air hostess was panicking and apologizing a million times over, while Jonathan was trying to assure her that it was fine.

“Well mate, the only change of clothing I have here are tuxedos, and you and I are more or less the same size, so let’s get changed,” Jonathan sighed.

We got up and headed to the closet where he handed me a tuxedo, before taking one for himself. We’d both been splashed by the wine. We had an hour of the flight left, and soon enough, we touched down. It was bright out as it was late morning.

“Where are we going?” I asked when I realized that we weren’t heading to my house.

“Long route to your house?” he offered.

“Would you not attempt to bullshit me for once in your life?” I sighed.

“We’re heading where we need to be,” he shrugged.

Can I just?

“And where is that?” I asked in annoyance.

“Here,” he said as the car stopped.

“Why here?” I asked as we stepped out.

“You ask too many damn questions Ambrosi,” he complained.

“That’s because you don’t want to answer any of my damn questions Joel,” I replied as he led me to the back. My eyes widened when I saw all the people there.

“We’re here because you’re getting married! Are you happy now?” he asked in annoyance.

Happy? I was freaking ecstatic!

***

*TRANSLATIONS*

“Caro, you’d better make sure she disappears. I’m feeling super possessive and jealous right now and I don’t like it one bit. I trust you, but I don’t trust her. Please get rid of her,” Aretha said to me. Last I checked, Celine doesn’t speak Italian, so we were safe.

“You’re jealous and possessive?” I asked amusedly.

“Who would’ve guessed right?” she sighed.

“Ok, I promise I’ll get rid of her. Can I call you later?” I asked.

“I would like that,” she replied.

“Alright! I love you,” I told her.

“Bye,” she said before hanging up.

***

“I have a problem and I need it removed from my room,” I told Sven.

“I’ll be right there,” he said before hanging up the phone.

 **********

ELO SMURFLETTES!!!

Sorry for the long wait! Hope this makes up for it!

Please vote, comment, add to libraries, share and follow! I love you guys!

Katee (^^,)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.8K 2.5K 42
She's my enemy, my captive, the one woman on this planet I'm supposed to hate. And yet, Sonia Gavino has gotten into my heart. With her raven's bla...
10.7K 381 49
Adrik When I claimed her, that was it. I made her mine and betrayed her. She longed for a story that wasn't mine to narrate, so I did the only thing...
1.3K 188 23
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "This world that you're begging so desperately to understand. It's not for the light hearted."... ..."I wa...
7.9K 134 17
(Editing at the moment.) (MAFIA HEIR SERIES BOOK 1!!) Lillian Gold, daughter of the Mafia queen, has no recollection of who her father was, or is...